PDA

View Full Version : Better late than... (SA & Spurs pictures)

Slomo
05-07-2005, 03:27 PM
I only just now managed to upload and sort the pictures that me and my friend Mitja took while in San Antonio during the first two games of the playoffs.

The Spurs pictures are so so, but some of the SA pics turned out nice and it'll give the opportunity to see how nice SA is to those of you who have yet to visit it.

The pictures are here! (http://www.cikava.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=SA_2005)

Edit:
Some moron posted my pics on an n'sync *shudder* board and claimed them as his. To set the record straight I watermarked them. I do not mind if people copy, modify or use my pics as long as they do not claim to be the author. If anybody wants any of the pics without the watermark (for whatever reason/purpose), just PM me and I'll e-mail it (them) to you.

Kori Ellis
05-07-2005, 03:51 PM
Very nice. Those are beautiful pictures of the city.

spurs_2108
05-07-2005, 04:30 PM
Well I should let you take pictures now. My pictures suck compared to these. lol.

kolko
05-07-2005, 05:40 PM
Thanks!

The videos are great also.

alamo50
05-07-2005, 11:57 PM
Thanks for taking the time to post the pics Slomo.
Those city pics are amazing.
Are you a pro or what?

Spurgal
05-08-2005, 01:17 AM
Beautiful pics of San Antonio

Thanks for sharing...

Slomo
05-08-2005, 03:16 AM
No problem and thanks for the props.

Let me just repeat that I did not take all the pictures it's a split between me and my friend Mitja.

I'm not a photography pro (neither is Mitja) but I always have a camera with me - I just like to take pictures.

The SA pics are the result of a three hours stroll through downtown and the city deserves as much props for it as we do. We were using very basic photo equipment (a Canon PowerShot and a Pentax OptioS5i) so SA really looks that good - the weather was also playing along.

I originally wanted to bring a much better camera to the US (Nikon D100) but found out it would not be allowed in the SBC center (where a good lens would have helped a lot), so I decided for the lazy option (check out the Pentax: it is TINY and takes great pics - like the one below!).

http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/San_Antonio/SA_145.jpg

SLOVENIAN 8
05-09-2005, 02:51 AM
Great pics!! :smokin :smokin

Slomo
05-09-2005, 04:19 AM
slomo....what camera do u use? and lens if u know
These pictures (and videos) were taken with a Pentax OptioS5i and a Canon PowerShot A80. Those are not professional cameras since we knew we could not take pro cameras in the SBC center. I specially like the Pentax because it is TINY and the pics it takes are still of a very high quallity.

My prefered still camera for graphic/animation work is a Nikon D100 with a 28-80mm Nikkor Zoom (I do not know the model name but it's the one with the supesonic focusing servo).

BadlyDrawnBoy
05-09-2005, 04:21 AM
Awesome pictures Slomo.

Great work.