Muser
04-24-2010, 04:31 PM
Let's get past the Mavs first huh..

spursfan1000
04-24-2010, 04:32 PM

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-24-2010, 04:37 PM
Considering both teams only have a 2-1 series lead, Roy just came back and San Antonio still needs a double team to guard Dirk, lets not act like San Antonio vs. Phoenix is a sure thing.

word
04-24-2010, 04:39 PM
OIC....you're in the camp of thinking what posters say on web boards actually affects the outcome of a series or game....

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-24-2010, 04:43 PM
Not really, I just find all the Suns fans saying "WE'RE GONNA GET OUR REVENGE ON THE SPURS!!!!" and the Spurs fans saying, "LOL SUNS EASY TRIP TO THE CONFERENCE FINALS!!!!" hilarious since they haven't even won their series yet, particularly Suns fans since you figure all us would have learned our lesson about premature ejaculating after game 1.

HarlemHeat37
04-24-2010, 04:47 PM
Yup..wouldn't be surprising at all to see Dallas vs. Portland..

Is Lopez going to be back for the 2nd round, btw?..

EmptyMan
04-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Duncan can barely get his feet off the floor. This will be the year to beat them.

lol

I went there first thing last night/this morning as well :lol

word
04-24-2010, 04:49 PM
I wasn't talking to you personally per se. And you'd be insane if you were a Suns fan or Steve Nash himself, not to think 'Oh fuck' at the possiblity of facing the Spurs, yet again. True, neither team has finished the first round but READ THE GODDAMN THREAD I linked to and take it there. Suns fans are ...ALREADY...talking about the Spurs.

Dont' shoot the goddamn messenger.

HarlemHeat37
04-24-2010, 04:50 PM
Meh, I don't think you can look at the past..you could also say the Suns are "due" for a series W vs. the Spurs..

If the Suns are the next opponent, I have to say I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of Barbosa:lol..

Jeremy
04-24-2010, 04:54 PM
Yup..wouldn't be surprising at all to see Dallas vs. Portland..

Is Lopez going to be back for the 2nd round, btw?..

I think there's a good chance Lopez could be back. He continues to improve...they just want to bring him along slowly and not mess anything up.

Brazil
04-24-2010, 04:56 PM

word
04-24-2010, 05:02 PM
Depends how far into the past you go....

Saying someone is 'due' for a win is fools gold. They will win because they haven't in the past ? You no doubt failed probability and statistics in your freshman year, if such a thing happened.

Here is what we KNOW. In this series, we have a healthy Spurs team. Last year, we did not, and no Manu. The Mavs barely beat teams when they won, all year. The MAVS have never won shit, barring a freak appearance which they collapsed once Miami realized..hey....these guys are nothing.

And that is what I'm saying...I bought into the MAVS hype.

That's all it is. Same with the Suns. A healthy Spurs big three, can handle these teams ALL .....DAY....LONG.

word
04-24-2010, 05:05 PM
0hE n0s...I just JINXED the SPURS...alert ESPN ...

Headline: SPURS JINXED BY POSTER ON OBSCURE FORUM !! SERIES OVER !!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-24-2010, 05:06 PM
I don't want the Spurs at all, I think the Suns would lose in 6, and yeah there's no such thing as "due for a win". If you flip a coin 19 times and it turns up tails every time, it's not "due to turn up heads". Terrible comparison but the overall point is the Suns aren't "due for a win," just because they have lost to the Spurs so many times.

HarlemHeat37
04-24-2010, 05:13 PM
It's not that I actually believe they're "due" for a win..my point is that it's the same thing as saying the Spurs are in the Suns' heads due to previous series wins..I would agree if the teams were the same, but they're a lot different..most of the players involved weren't even part of the previous rivalry, and the Suns' 2 best players that were involved never really struggled against the Spurs anyways..

It's faulty logic either way IMO..

The Spurs are a better team IMO, but I don't think there's a real gap, and I don't believe it comes down to the Spurs being in the collective heads of the Suns or being "due"(I was just using that as a comparison)..

word
04-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Yeah, I'm not talking to you regarding my comment. I was talking to idiot Spurs fans that go on with the irrelevent to the conversation 'We haven't won this series yet.'

And true, we haven't, but...so ? We're just 'fans'. I don't see Tim or Dirk talking about the next round, as they shouldn't. But I aint' them...therefor, I am. If we lose it's all moot.

I just laugh at retards who thinks what they say here, has some affect on the outcome of a game.

Spurs win it all !!

5th TITLE !!

DYNASTY !!

Whatever...it has shit to do with what happens on the court.

jestersmash
04-24-2010, 05:17 PM
I don't want the Spurs at all, I think the Suns would lose in 6, and yeah there's no such thing as "due for a win". If you flip a coin 19 times and it turns up tails every time, it's not "due to turn up heads". Terrible comparison but the overall point is the Suns aren't "due for a win," just because they have lost to the Spurs so many times.

Correct. Lay people call it the "law of averages" which isn't a law at all. It's also known as the gambler's fallacy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler%27s_fallacy

word
04-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Brothers, the Spurs at home and know, like the Mavs, this is it. Spurs lose and it's best of three with home court Dallas. Sunday win gets us to the WCF. We can handle Phoenix.

Spurs got this. Trust me.

This is THE game. And we're at home.

word
04-24-2010, 05:29 PM
It's not that I actually believe they're "due" for a win..my point is that it's the same thing as saying the Spurs are in the Suns' heads due to previous series wins..I

No it's NOT. If it was saying that based on significantly different rosters, then yes. But the big three of SA are still playing NASH and black Jesus.

What did Steve Nash say the last time they lost in 2008 against the Spurs...

'We just can't beat those guys.'

He said that, in his post game...

'We just can't beat those guys...'

We are in their FANS heads, and their players heads...

Cowboys -vs- Bills, Bulls -vs- Jazz...

It happens...and it doesn't change till rosters change, significantly. Even then, it lingers.

TinTin
04-24-2010, 06:03 PM

word
04-24-2010, 06:09 PM
NBA forum. Post this on the Spurs forums, huh ? I'm not a player, you're not pops. Go play with your dildo.

Spursfan092120
04-24-2010, 06:45 PM
LOL..I loved this...

Originally Posted by slinslin http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?p=2227418#post2227418)
Duncan can barely get his feet off the floor. This will be the year to beat them.

Duncan's averaging 25 points a game. http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/images/smilies/nixweiss.gif

Spursfan092120
04-24-2010, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by slinslin http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?p=2227418#post2227418)

Duncan's averaging 25 points a game. http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/images/smilies/nixweiss.gif

boutons_deux
04-24-2010, 06:48 PM
2-2, Suns gonna need 6, maybe 7 games, if they get out of the first round.

Obstructed_View
04-24-2010, 06:52 PM
The only reason the Spurs have managed to beat any of these teams is because they didn't make a habit of looking past their opponents, so I agree that a trip to the conference semis is far from in the bank. That said, I don't think it's at all unreasonable for fans of other teams in the west to be thinking, "Oh, shit. Here we go again" after last night's game.

mingus
04-24-2010, 07:58 PM
i'm actually more scared of the Suns than ever. not having Bowen to defend Nash could tip things in favor of the Suns. while Bowen never stopped Nash, he pestered him about as much as anyone could have. i don't see George Hill doing half the job that Bowen did (that's just a testament to how damn good Bowen was).

i don't put as much into the pyschology of basketball as some others do. i don't think the Spurs are in their heads. if a series happens it'll be a completely different series from the rest. i don't think the others have any bearing.

having said that, the Suns, at this point, i would expect to lose to the Spurs, only because of how dominant the big 3 look. that can work to the Spurs disadvantage, though. they could go into a potential series with too much confidence. and the Suns, knowing they probably aren't favored, could go into it more loosely than they have before.

mingus
04-24-2010, 08:00 PM
The only reason the Spurs have managed to beat any of these teams is because they didn't make a habit of looking past their opponents, so I agree that a trip to the conference semis is far from in the bank. That said, I don't think it's at all unreasonable for fans of other teams in the west to be thinking, "Oh, shit. Here we go again" after last night's game.

i think every team is saying that except LA. LA, as mediocre as they're currently playing, still pose lots of problems for us. i still don't consider us a threat to them.

Giuseppe
04-24-2010, 08:02 PM
Blair will be able to play and impact against the Suns.

Giuseppe
04-24-2010, 08:05 PM
i think every team is saying that except LA. LA, as mediocre as they're currently playing, still pose lots of problems for us. i still don't consider us a threat to them.

Yep, we know how to beat you and we're comfortable & contented facing the effort. We can't figure out how to beat OKC, and they won't go away on their own say like Denver is going away on their own vs Utah.

OKC is a gd nightmare, but, Portland would be no better. Christ, they have a perpetual hard on for us 24/7, like in-laws.

jag
04-24-2010, 08:45 PM
Sunday win gets us to the WCF. We can handle Phoenix.

Spurs got this. Trust me.

I can't stand fans like you

SpurOutofTownFan
04-24-2010, 08:55 PM
Only part I don't understand is the double to Dirk. They actually haven't doubled him much this series.

mingus
04-24-2010, 09:05 PM
Yep, we know how to beat you and we're comfortable & contented facing the effort. We can't figure out how to beat OKC, and they won't go away on their own say like Denver is going away on their own vs Utah.

OKC is a gd nightmare, but, Portland would be no better. Christ, they have a perpetual hard on for us 24/7, like in-laws.

i think it's less a matter of strategy (less a matter of "knowing how") than the fact that LA is just overall more talented, and should win primarily because of that.

Spursmania
04-24-2010, 09:47 PM
When was the last time the Spurs won a game that meant shit. For Christs sake, get over 2007, you're starting to sound like the Rockets.

And you still sound like a whiny bitch. :lol

TampaDude
04-24-2010, 10:45 PM
When was the last time the Spurs won a game that meant shit. For Christs sake, get over 2007, you're starting to sound like the Rockets.

Bitter much??? :lol