04-24-2010, 05:26 PM
No manu???? Wtf?

benefactor
04-24-2010, 05:26 PM
"We made some shots."

Vintage Pop answer.

spursdotcom
04-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Players who are injured normally aren't mandatory to speak to the media.

jestersmash
04-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Tony parker interview makes me laugh (the reporter's questions make me laugh, not parker's answers). The first reporter asking questions pretty much sums up my general view of postgame reporters and their hilariously stupid questions.

Seriously, how many times have reporters asked Parker the following question (paraphrasing): "So you're now Manu Jr. Has he given you any tips on how to play?"

Parker's answer has understandably been a short and cold "uh, not really?" every time.

It's not just a stupid question because it's been asked too many times, but also it's almost a disparaging question in a sense. Stop asking one of our 3 elite guys - a former finals MVP - if he's taking "advice" from another elite guy on our team.

What the hell kind of "advice" would Ginobili possibly give? "Make shots, execute well, don't turn the ball over, play good defense"

Seriously, what a retarded reporter/retarded question.

I am really glad that Parker has responded with the same subtly cold, succinct answers to that question time and time again and essentially made the reporter asking that question look stupid.

jestersmash
04-24-2010, 05:38 PM
"What do you guys need to do to win the game?"

I'm literally sick of hearing that same, stupid question being asked all the time.

What the hell do they expect? There's nothing magical about "what you need to do" to win games. You put more points on the board than the other guy and give it your best effort.

It's more insightful maybe to ask a specific question about adjustments, although even then, I semi-hate it when they ask these because you know the spurs aren't going to announce detailed adjustment plans to the public.

Reasonable questions to be asked are: how's ginobili doing? will he wear a mask? etc.

These aren't getting into detailed adjustment plans that might give the opposing team and advantage, and they aren't stupid and disparaging

benefactor
04-24-2010, 05:41 PM
Tony parker interview makes me laugh (the reporter's questions make me laugh, not parker's answers). The first reporter asking questions pretty much sums up my general view of postgame reporters and their hilariously stupid questions.

Seriously, how many times have reporters asked Parker the following question (paraphrasing): "So you're now Manu Jr. Has he given you any tips on how to play?"

Parker's answer has understandably been a short and cold "uh, not really?" every time.

It's not just a stupid question because it's been asked too many times, but also it's almost a disparaging question in a sense. Stop asking one of our 3 elite guys - a former finals MVP - if he's taking "advice" from another elite guy on our team.

What the hell kind of "advice" would Ginobili possibly give? "Make shots, execute well, don't turn the ball over, play good defense"

Seriously, what a retarded reporter/retarded question.

I am really glad that Parker has responded with the same subtly cold, succinct answers to that question time and time again and essentially made the reporter asking that question look stupid.
Yeah...that was pretty funny. Parker was really giving him a "are you about done?" look and the reporter really started fumbling and sounding embarrassed...as he should have been.

jestersmash
04-24-2010, 05:42 PM
Yeah...that was pretty funny. Parker was really giving him a "are you about done?" look and the reporter really started fumbling and sounding embarrassed...as he should have been.

Yeah agreed. I enjoyed seeing the reporter fumble around like a fish.

jestersmash
04-24-2010, 05:55 PM
Also more thoughts - the more I see McDyess, the more I feel like a douchebag for giving him such a hard time in the regular season. He is a very classy, chill person, and more importantly, he's done very well in the playoffs so far. Very pleased with his performance. He hits his jumpers at a good %, he's bringing rebounding, he's snagging a few offensive rebounds here and there.

androck
04-24-2010, 06:01 PM
Also more thoughts - the more I see McDyess, the more I feel like a douchebag for giving him such a hard time in the regular season. He is a very classy, chill person, and more importantly, he's done very well in the playoffs so far. Very pleased with his performance. He hits his jumpers at a good %, he's bringing rebounding, he's snagging a few offensive rebounds here and there.

On the other hand, he's making millions of dollars and was playing horribly all year. Better late than never, though. Glad he showed up for the playoffs.

Mark in Austin
04-24-2010, 06:05 PM
Got damn.

How many times can the press ask Tony the same two questions about coming off the bench? :sleep

bigfan
04-24-2010, 06:27 PM
I think the press is doing their best to needle and get a rise out of Tony about coming off the bench. Tony is a sharp guy though and Im sure he will be starting again soon, maybe tomorrow.

exstatic
04-24-2010, 06:36 PM

This is actually societal in nature. Everyone think's "They're the first". You see it in this forum daily. Someone posts a thread about something that's CLEARLY already on the first page.

raspsa
04-24-2010, 07:03 PM
McDyess is so humble and low-key, perfect fit on the Spurs.
I was watching the replay of the game and they showed the sequence of he and Dirk battling for position.. I think the refs respect Dice and let him play physical defense.. if it had been Blair or Bonner, they would have been whistled at the slightest contact. Dice is really earning his money. Sure Dirk scored 35 but w/o Dice, he probably would have gone for 50.

TheSullyMonster
04-24-2010, 07:03 PM
On the other hand, he's making millions of dollars and was playing horribly all year. Better late than never, though. Glad he showed up for the playoffs.

Yeah but he's pretty well known for coasting through the regular season. Sure, he's getting paid enough to work all year. But we knew what we were getting...

SpursRulez4eVeR
04-24-2010, 07:19 PM
watching dice :) always gimme a :) of my own

ThePop
04-24-2010, 07:20 PM
Always like to listen to Mcdyess, such a cool guy.
RJ can't go 5 seconds without saying "you know"

iminol
04-25-2010, 07:11 AM
RJ said 41 times "you know".
Handsdown, propably kind of franchise, you know..!

bigbendbruisebrother
04-25-2010, 08:07 AM

Dice is playing with an intensity that I didn't see in the regular season. But the same is true for the whole team, sans Manu for the last 20 or so games. For a long time I thought they were just old and befuddled with the new guys. Now its clear that they were figuring out ways to play together. Dice played an important role in game four. That 4th quarter block was money.

Of all the great signs coming out of the last two games, the return of our interior defense is the most hopeful. Dice has been an important part of that.