PDA

View Full Version : The Series Nobody Cares About

ShoogarBear
04-24-2010, 06:31 PM
Milwaukee is bending the Hawks over in the first quarter of game 3. A little surprising.

jestersmash
04-24-2010, 06:32 PM
milwaukee's in the playoffs?

news to me.

LnGrrrR
04-24-2010, 06:33 PM
Fear the dear! :lol

word
04-24-2010, 06:37 PM
yeah I was talking to the usher at the Spurs game the other nite about Milwaukee and she said...'The Bucks are in the playoffs ?'

It's a kind of slam on Jefferson. That man's rep is at stake here. He leaves, the Bucks make the playoffs. He comes here and stinks up the place till of late ....for what 15 million/yr.

Bucks success = Jefferson looking worse and worse with each passing day. He's stepped up lately but we'll see. We gotta shell out the dough next year.

ShoogarBear
04-24-2010, 06:38 PM
Kurt Thomas is beasting! :lol

Pero
04-24-2010, 06:41 PM
yeah I was talking to the usher at the Spurs game the other nite about Milwaukee and she said...'The Bucks are in the playoffs ?'

It's a kind of slam on Jefferson. That man's rep is at stake here. He leaves, the Bucks make the playoffs. He comes here and stinks up the place till of late ....for what 15 million/yr.

Bucks success = Jefferson looking worse and worse with each passing day. He's stepped up lately but we'll see. We gotta shell out the dough next year.

They didn't have Jennings last year.

Spursfan092120
04-24-2010, 06:42 PM
The sad thing is, as soon as I saw "The Series Nobody Cares About," I knew what series you were talking about.

word
04-24-2010, 06:43 PM

Who ?

See.

NewJerSpur
04-24-2010, 06:44 PM
The fact that the game tonight is turning into a blowout doesn't help.

Pero
Who ?

See.

What? I don't understand.

mogrovejo

They were above .500 last season when Bogut was playing. Anyway, Salmons or Delfino > Jefferson. Also, not having Redd helps.

ginobili's bald spot
04-24-2010, 06:47 PM
It's never good to read too much into these types of games. If an underdog is going to win one game in a series it's usually that first game back home. The adrenaline of the home crowd getting behind them can carry them to that one win. Usually after that things come crashing back down to earth.

ulosturedge
04-24-2010, 06:48 PM
Yeah the Bucks seemed set on putting a scare into teams in the playoffs and then the unfortunate injury with Andrew Bogut seemed to have killed all their momentum going into the playoffs. I was hoping to see them make some noise in the East.

Pero
04-24-2010, 06:50 PM
They were above .500 last season when Bogut was playing. Anyway, Salmons or Delfino > Jefferson. Also, not having Redd helps.

Oh right, forgot about that. Anyway I was just trying to say that it wasn't just Jefferson leaving that got them in the playoffs.

NewJerSpur
04-24-2010, 06:55 PM
There's been too much lopsided basketball for this series to be really appealing, and much of it is probably a result of injuries. If the scores were closer (say last year's Boston/Chicago series) and the games were more competitive it would get a bit more pub, I think.

mogrovejo
04-24-2010, 07:47 PM
Atlanta finally picking'n'popping with Horford. Thomas is too old to defend that stuff.

There's been too much lopsided basketball for this series to be really appealing, and much of it is probably a result of injuries. If the scores were closer (say last year's Boston/Chicago series) and the games were more competitive it would get a bit more pub, I think.

Have you actually watched the games? Excepting the 2nd half of the second game, they were pretty close. This game hasn't been close, but it doesn't feel like it's over at all.

NewJerSpur
04-24-2010, 07:50 PM
Atlanta finally picking'n'popping with Horford. Thomas is too old to defend that stuff.

Have you actually watched the games? Excepting the 2nd half of the second game, they were pretty close. This game hasn't been close, but it doesn't feel like it's over at all.

In Game 1 things got away from the Bucks though they tried to make it close as the game progressed. Game 2 was more competitive but the series hasn't really been compelling overall.

Mavs_man_41
04-24-2010, 07:51 PM
bucks are better than advertised, and so is atlanta tbh. no real surprise for the bucks to steal one.

mogrovejo
04-24-2010, 07:56 PM
It's pretty amazing to see Jerry Stackhouse and Juwan Howard playing as they did today and have been for most of the season. Who would have guessed?

mogrovejo
04-24-2010, 08:05 PM
Wow, that stat about the Hawks avg. margin of defeat in road playoff games is amazing.

mystargtr34
04-24-2010, 10:50 PM
I thought the Hawks might have matured a little and turned the corner, but not anymore after that shit they put out there tonight. They need to go and out take Game 4 and close it out in 5 if they want anybody to take them seriously, and actually give themselves a bit of belief that they can actually win a game on the road in the playoffs, because obviously they need to do so if they want to get further than the second round.

Anyway for me, this series went from being potentially one of my favourite to my least favourite once Bogut went down. I was really interested to see how much damage the Bucks could do if healthy, i actually thought they had a shot to upset the Hawks.

m33p0
04-24-2010, 10:51 PM
milwaukee has a team? ... and they're in the playoffs? whowuddahthot?

peteee
04-24-2010, 10:54 PM
what's most agitating is all these dipshits are playing unexpectedly well with the Bucks, contrasting their piss poor performances on their old teams. KT was shit last season on Spurs but he plays like a beast tonight; last season Stackhouse was nailed infinitely next behind Matt Carroll on the end of Mavs bench, but he appears a quality player off the bench in Milwaukee this season.

DJ Mbenga
04-24-2010, 10:56 PM
who bumped this?

thispego
04-24-2010, 10:57 PM
Fear the dear! :lol

Deer, stupid!

LnGrrrR
04-24-2010, 11:09 PM
Deer, stupid!

Hahahahahha I'm retarded. I'm going to chalk that up to lack of sleep, as I passed out soon after. Sadly that means I missed the Lakers getting thier ass whooped heh.