PDA

View Full Version : Can the Thunder beat the Lakers?

DespЏrado
04-24-2010, 11:10 PM
Just a thought, is it possible that the Lakers are gonna go the way of the Mavs when they lost to the Warriors?

Can history repeat itself? Series is gonna be tied 2-2 very soon.

Has there ever been a year when both the Eighth seed and seventh seed advanced?

m33p0
04-24-2010, 11:12 PM
it will take a meltdown on the lakers' side and complete belief in themselves for the thunder. looking good so far.

Chico
04-24-2010, 11:13 PM
I'd say it's possible..see how they look when they get back to LA

DespЏrado
04-24-2010, 11:16 PM
Thunder seem to have just the right mixture of youth and fresh legs to outlast the lakeshow. Plus they are all too new to know they are supposed to lose. Still holding serve on your home court is very different from winning one in LA.

peskypesky
04-24-2010, 11:22 PM
now that the Thunder know they can not only beat the Lakers in a playoff game, but beat the shit out of them, it's OVAH! Lakers are toast.

phxspurfan
04-24-2010, 11:26 PM
Lakers are being exposed...they lack chemistry, Kobe is off, their bench is not playing well...

Thunder are playing some serious team ball right now. They're hungrier, too. Can they be the cinderella team this year? That would be insane if they beat the 1 seed.

They will lose to Utah in round 2 though...just like the Warriors did after they beat their 1 seed. Utah plays team ball too and they're not going to implode like the Lakers are.

m33p0
04-24-2010, 11:27 PM
if the lakers think they can suddenly just turn it on, they've got another thing coming for them.

emanueldavidginobili
04-24-2010, 11:31 PM
if the lakers and the mavs go down in round one, wow. it be anyones game for the WC title

GSH
04-24-2010, 11:34 PM
The Thunder can beat anybody, if the get to shoot 48 freaking free throws! I didn't get to watch the game tonight, but WTF? The Lakers shot 28 FT's, which is a bunch... but OKC went to the line 48 times? That must have been a fun game to watch.

I know it doesn't prove anything. Nothing ever does. But shit. The Lakers must have saved their worst game of the season for the playoffs.

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-24-2010, 11:35 PM
my buddy and i were just talkin bout this. if portland won, we could get seeds 5-8 advancing

EricB
04-24-2010, 11:37 PM
Lakers in a blowout game 7. Thunder are too wet behind their ears.

EricB
04-24-2010, 11:43 PM
The way I see it, if the Lakers don't make a couple mistakes late in game two, they win that one, and if Durant has a half way decent game in game 1 the Thunder also win.

Change one thing you change it all though.

If the spurs have a decent first half In game 1 they'd be on the verge of a sweep.....

DespЏrado
04-24-2010, 11:44 PM
my buddy and i were just talkin bout this. if portland won, we could get seeds 5-8 advancing

That would be beyond awesome, BRoy coming back makes that a little more likely.

exstatic
04-24-2010, 11:50 PM
All I have to say is, the Lakers had BETTER NOT lose game 5. They're GOING to lose game 6 in OKC. If they lose 5, they're going out.

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-24-2010, 11:52 PM
That would be beyond awesome, BRoy coming back makes that a little more likely.
prob wont happen but pretty crazy how possible it is this year. and yeah youre right , it would be beyond awesome.

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-24-2010, 11:53 PM
All I have to say is, the Lakers had BETTER NOT lose game 5. They're GOING to lose game 6 in OKC. If they lose 5, they're going out.
absolutely

SpursTillTheEnd
04-24-2010, 11:53 PM
Man did yall hear the okc,spurs. and blazers crowds today and yesterday, those are the loudest crowds ive heard in a while.

itzsoweezee
04-24-2010, 11:57 PM
absolutely

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-25-2010, 12:00 AM
Man did yall hear the okc,spurs. and blazers crowds today and yesterday, those are the loudest crowds ive heard in a while.
that white out in OKC was badass

EricB
04-25-2010, 12:02 AM
But then the omen of losing the first playoff game wouldn't be there.

I'd rather have the sleepless night anticipating a possible sleep tonight..

All I have now is a sleepless night over a huge game 4 :lol

EricB
04-25-2010, 12:03 AM
that white out in OKC was badass

The blue out in game 3 was pretty neat too.

Im anticipating an orange out in game 6 :lol

GSH
04-25-2010, 02:26 AM
I had forgotten about the FT's in Game 3. The Thunder are +43 in FTA's over the last two games. That will even a series up in a hurry. I know the Lakers exposed some weaknesses in the second half of the season - but that's one hell of a hill to climb for any team.

poop
04-25-2010, 02:32 AM
haha yes the fanbase in OKC is so awesome you cant help but root for them.

so many parallels to the '07 golden state warriors....

timtonymanu
04-25-2010, 03:29 AM
OKC needs to steal Game 5.

Otherwise I see this as a series where the home team never loses which means lakers in 7.

Sisk
04-25-2010, 03:35 AM
haha yes the fanbase in OKC is so awesome you cant help but root for them.

so many parallels to the '07 golden state warriors....

i feel the SAME exact way

it just feels like that same series, and i'd love for it to end the same way

MateoNeygro
04-25-2010, 03:56 AM
If LIGHTNING strikes Kobe....LOL corny I know.

TJastal
04-25-2010, 04:13 AM
I had forgotten about the FT's in Game 3. The Thunder are +43 in FTA's over the last two games. That will even a series up in a hurry. I know the Lakers exposed some weaknesses in the second half of the season - but that's one hell of a hill to climb for any team.

Well good. That should teach Phil Jackson to keep his mouth shut and not use the media to try and influence officiating in his teams' favor.

That said, I'm rooting for the thunder to make this series go 7 games and really push those aging stars of LA to work overtime.. just to fall short in the end.

Chillen
04-25-2010, 05:03 AM
If they can win game 5 in LA they have a shot. If they lose game 5 and win game 6 in OKC than anything can happen in a game 7. Still if they want to be a team of history, or to prove they are for real they need to win game 5 in LA. The Lakers are showing signs that the 2 consecutive NBA finals appearences (in 2008 L to Boston, in 2009 beat Orlando) might be catching up to them finally, it's tough to do it every year and they are getting older. However this is turning out to be a nightmare matchup for them, the Thunder can out run them, are a fresh talented young team and are playing incredible defense right now. If the Thunder win game 5 and win game 6, that would be amazing but it's possible now.

JWest596
04-25-2010, 05:17 AM
The whole key has been the Thunder defense and LA having no real bench. They know they can now beat LA in the playoffs. LA relied on their reputation, sense of entitlement, some kind of inevitable turn the switch mentality, complacency and underestimating a team whose oldest player is only 26? They're running them into the ground and Kobe got a lot of injuries and miles. Pau Gasol is IMO, still soft, Odem and Artest can't do it and a team of scrubs and Fishbait, Eyeliner Walton, huge luxury taxes and poison payroll/player contracts. LA is done after this season.

OKC wins game 5, LA is through, they're on the verge of imploding, whose fault? recrimination are beginning and the Thunder now have the momentum. OKC will be a bitch to win team for years to come.

They win game 5, OKC wins in six otherwise goes to LA in seven for home court and Stern's refs who will bail out LA and the NBA's most profitable TV revenue generator and Phil never says another word about officiating and retires.

Or not.

Muser
04-25-2010, 05:24 AM
I don't think so, but it's not beyond impossible.

ffadicted
04-25-2010, 06:39 AM
i feel the SAME exact way

it just feels like that same series, and i'd love for it to end the same way

The 8th seed would beat the 1 seed for us just like in 2007.... and then Utah would own them in the second round, just like in 2007, and we'd play/beat phoenix in the second round, just like 2007, and then we'll roll over Utah for the conference title, just like in 2007, and then play the Cavs in the final, just like in 2007.

... this is weird lol

foodie2
04-25-2010, 06:57 AM
Bynum had 13 points and 10 rebounds, and Gasol also had 13 points to lead Los Angeles. Kobe Bryant had 12 points after spending the entire first quarter deferring to his teammates and the whole fourth quarter on the bench with three other L.A. starters.
"I was managing the game exactly how I wanted to. Unfortunately, it got away from us," Bryant said. "By them getting out in transition and getting those buckets, I wasn't able to do what I normally do at the end of the game and close games out."
from ESPN.com

Dear Thunder,
Please take this arrogant prick down. Thank you.

NBA Junkie
04-25-2010, 09:02 AM
No.

David Stern won't allow and he and the refs will intercede and decide the outcome when and if the games are tight.

Seriously, this is much ado about nothing. Last year at this time, there were doubts as to whether the Lakers were gonna get past the Rockets and we all know what happened there.

TampaDude
04-25-2010, 09:25 AM
The 8th seed would beat the 1 seed for us just like in 2007.... and then Utah would own them in the second round, just like in 2007, and we'd play/beat phoenix in the second round, just like 2007, and then we'll roll over Utah for the conference title, just like in 2007, and then play the Cavs in the final, just like in 2007.

... this is weird lol

Yup...if OKC knocks off the Lakers and the Spurs get by the Mavs, then the Spurs could have the ideal setup to reach the Finals again...the Suns, followed by the Jazz...both teams we own in the playoffs. Then we'd likely play the Cavs or Magic in the Finals. A month or so ago, I would've told you there's no way we could beat the East champ in the Finals...now, I think we can.

Gotta beat the Mavs two more times, though, or all of this is moot.

GO SPURS GO!!!!!

Big Empty
04-25-2010, 09:34 AM
at home they can! but in game five, look for LA to have the 48 free throws. I do think the thunder can go seven games with them!

mytespurs
04-25-2010, 09:42 AM
my concern of the moment is the SPURS.......can they pull out a win tonight or do we go back to Dallas 2-2?

rascal
04-25-2010, 12:48 PM
now that the Thunder know they can not only beat the Lakers in a playoff game, but beat the shit out of them, it's OVAH! Lakers are toast.

No way. The Lakers are just overlooking the Thunder after going up 2-0. When its time to win they will win. The Thunder are not yet ready to win playoff series.

rascal
04-25-2010, 12:49 PM
my concern of the moment is the SPURS.......can they pull out a win tonight or do we go back to Dallas 2-2?

Dallas takes the next game. Its going 7 games.

ATXSPUR
04-25-2010, 01:00 PM
All I care about is whether the Spurs can beat the mavs. Laker humiliation is nothing but icing on the cake. We musn't forget the Mavs have ousted us twice in the last 4 years. We need game 4 bad. Because a best of 3 with Dallas having HCA is NOT a good thing.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-25-2010, 01:03 PM
The OKC-LA series reminds me of the '89-90 Spurs (rookies Sean & Dave) vs the veteran Trail Blazers. We was robbed in 7. OKC can pull this off, but it's gotta be in 6. If it goes to game 7 in LA, they're toast.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-25-2010, 01:06 PM
All I care about is whether the Spurs can beat the mavs. Laker humiliation is nothing but icing on the cake. We musn't forget the Mavs have ousted us twice in the last 4 years. We need game 4 bad. Because a best of 3 with Dallas having HCA is NOT a good thing.

Today is huge. I hope our fans are rabid and our team is vicious. I want to see the Spurs annihilate that zone defense.

Strike
04-25-2010, 01:07 PM
The way I see it, the margin for error for the Lakers has gotten smaller every game. Look at the scores. OKC seems to be playing better every game. The way things are going, I see no reason why OKC can't close the series out in 6 games.

widowmaker
04-25-2010, 01:08 PM
Who cares? I'm worried about our series.

8FOR!3
04-25-2010, 01:47 PM
Game five will probably decide the series.