PDA

View Full Version : malik rose sighting!!!

poop
04-25-2010, 01:36 AM
is he retired now? where is this guy now? saw him the other day at -where else- HEB.
seeing these NBA players in real life reminds you that they are mutants and that you have no chance IRL at making the NBA no matter how much you want it as a kid.
he was clearly in retired shape, pudgy with a HUGE GIGANTIC ass, LOL, but the guy was like six foot 8 and just massive, you see them on tv but seeing even a standard size nba player like malik IRL reminds you that no matter how much skills you develop, you stand no chance against the gigantic mutants like this in a game of basketball.

baseline bum
04-25-2010, 01:41 AM
It would have been nice to have a Malik Rose sighting in the Spurs lineup for the 06 series with Dallas. The Spurs would probably be playing for #6 this year then. Then again, Nazr was pretty important in the 05 WCF against the Sons.

poop
04-25-2010, 01:42 AM
dude get rid of that fucking gigantic sig already, it is a huge pain in the ass for anyone scrolling the forum

SpursTillTheEnd
04-25-2010, 01:45 AM
heb>walmart

baseline bum
04-25-2010, 01:46 AM
dude get rid of that fucking gigantic sig already, it is a huge pain in the ass for anyone scrolling the forum

As long as you don't click in it, you scroll right past it with the mouse wheel in Firefox, and the scrollbars in the sigs ensure you don't have to see anything besides the first few lines.

4>0rings
04-25-2010, 01:48 AM
Malik Rose for Bonner sounds good now.

Behrooz24
04-25-2010, 01:50 AM
Belongs in the no-one-gives-a-shit forum. j/k http://smiliesftw.com/x/e5chug.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

NewJerSpur
04-25-2010, 01:55 AM
Malik was doing commentary for MSG (Madison Square Garden Network) this past season which comes after his stint with the Knicks. I think he's done with basketball, but haven't heard anything official.

alamo50
04-25-2010, 03:20 AM
Didn't he just open Phillies Phamous Icecream parlors?

Buddy Holly
04-25-2010, 05:43 AM
Yes he did.

http://www.savorsa.com/2009/09/whats-hot-malik-rose-brings-a-different-taste-of-philly-to-san-antonio/

The first one is at 12054 Blanco Road. He's opening a second, I'm not sure where the location is.

MateoNeygro
04-25-2010, 12:34 PM
is he retired now? where is this guy now? saw him the other day at -where else- HEB.
seeing these NBA players in real life reminds you that they are mutants and that you have no chance IRL at making the NBA no matter how much you want it as a kid.
he was clearly in retired shape, pudgy with a HUGE GIGANTIC ass, LOL, but the guy was like six foot 8 and just massive, you see them on tv but seeing even a standard size nba player like malik IRL reminds you that no matter how much skills you develop, you stand no chance against the gigantic mutants like this in a game of basketball.

I agree they are physical specimens and kind of freaks of nature however, there have been players who weren't "MASSIVE" but still physical specimens. Nate Robinson not huge(AMAZING VERTICAL) Spud Webb(Amazing Verticle) Earl Boykins (very quick and like 1% body fat) Mugsy Bogues Lol don't remember much about him. Except he was the shit in NBA Jam for Super NES.

Spurologist
04-25-2010, 12:44 PM
As long as you don't click in it, you scroll right past it with the mouse wheel in Firefox, and the scrollbars in the sigs ensure you don't have to see anything besides the first few lines.

still annoying as fuck though. I love mathematical proofs but not on ST...

exstatic
04-25-2010, 01:01 PM
still annoying as fuck though. I love mathematical proofs but not on ST...

Actually, since you're the one that has a problem with it, you can turn off sigs in your control panel. If you want to see some of the sigs, you can put him on ignore. If you don't see his posts, you don't see his sig. I think it becomes academic anyway if the Spurs advance another round. At that point, the forum usually gets set to no sigs and no searches to improve performance.

Spurologist
04-25-2010, 02:06 PM
actually, since you're the one that has a problem with it, you can turn off sigs in your control panel. If you want to see some of the sigs, you can put him on ignore. If you don't see his posts, you don't see his sig. I think it becomes academic anyway if the spurs advance another round. At that point, the forum usually gets set to no sigs and no searches to improve performance.

+1

Spurminator
04-25-2010, 02:20 PM
It would have been nice to have a Malik Rose sighting in the Spurs lineup for the 06 series with Dallas. The Spurs would probably be playing for #6 this year then. Then again, Nazr was pretty important in the 05 WCF against the Sons.

Nazr was pretty huge throughout the 2005 Playoffs, including the Finals. I missed Malik but Nazr's 2005 leaves me with no regrets. He should have gotten more burn against the Mavs in 06.

dnsa
04-25-2010, 02:48 PM
did you say MALIK!!!!!!!

ChumpDumper
04-25-2010, 02:59 PM
Malik was doing commentary for MSG (Madison Square Garden Network) this past season which comes after his stint with the Knicks. I think he's done with basketball, but haven't heard anything official.He did color for a couple of early-season Toros games that were broadcast on Grande as well as ESPN radio. The initial press release said all home games were supposed to be aired; perhaps his MSG deal stopped that from happening.