PDA

View Full Version : the Title is up for grabs!!!!!!

poop
04-25-2010, 02:12 AM
there are no truly dominant teams, all the highly regarded 'contenders' are playing like a bunch of gutless pussies hahahahhahaha...

if the Spurs win game 4 they have as much of a chance to get no.5 as any of these other underachiveing pussy faggot teams 'competing' right now

lol lakers with ZERO depth getting RAPED by the youngest most inexperienced team ever

lol cavs just being the cavs haha

lol celtics beating up on the worst team in the playoffs

lol Thuggets getting schooled by a depleted Utah Jazz team

lol Mavs (currently) losing to the seventh seed

lol pussified NBA with a bunch of shitty teams leaving the title completely up for grabs

BadOdor
04-25-2010, 02:12 AM
It might be, but spurs are still not winning shit.

mogrovejo
04-25-2010, 02:14 AM
The Heat aren't the worst team in the playoffs. It's funny how many predicted here that they'd upset the Celtics. It was considered one of the closest 1st round series.

The title isn't really up for grabs that much - the ECF winner will be the champion, I think.

Sisk
04-25-2010, 02:14 AM
Magic are my front runner currently.

mogrovejo
04-25-2010, 02:15 AM
I also think that if Nelson keeps playing well the Magic are in their own tier.

poop
04-25-2010, 02:15 AM
right now the Orlando Magic look like the best most complete team.

the Lakers or the gutless cavs arent winning shit this year.

Ghazi
04-25-2010, 02:16 AM
mogro who you think is winning the East?

NewJerSpur
04-25-2010, 02:20 AM
Magic look pretty formidable, Celtics look intriguing but they'll be tested in the 2nd round. Cavs interior defense looks pretty soft.

At the risk of sounding like a homer, Spurs are playing good defense and have been getting timely baksets late in games like the Spurs of old. Will be interesting to see what happens moving forward, and the Blazers are that much scarier with Roy.

bostonguy
04-25-2010, 02:23 AM
:lmao:lmao@people continuing to put the Magic in the Cavs class. Orlando fears Cleveland. They don't matchup well with them at all. Shaq negates Howard. Jamison negates Lewis. Cavs have a better front court. Cavs have the better superstar. Orlando has no chance unless the Cavs suffer injuries. It is simply the Cavs championship to lose. Orlando would win 1 MAYBE 2 games if some luck goes their way.

VivaPopovich
04-25-2010, 02:24 AM
i dont agree with everything else you said and the way you phrased it but yes

the title is up for grabs

poop
04-25-2010, 02:27 AM
forgot to mention

lol Buns in a dead heat with the no.6 seed ..who never wins a playoff series...who also has 3/4 their players, coaches, and fanbase injured

Sisk
04-25-2010, 02:28 AM
:lmao:lmao@people continuing to put the Magic in the Cavs class. Orlando fears Cleveland. They don't matchup well with them at all. Shaq negates Howard. Jamison negates Lewis. Cavs have a better front court. Cavs have the better superstar. Orlando has no chance unless the Cavs suffer injuries. It is simply the Cavs championship to lose. Orlando would win 1 MAYBE 2 games if some luck goes their way.

how are you so confident? they split the season series evenly

i understand it's playoff basketball but the cavs aren't that dominant, i don't think

not to mention a mental edge the magic have - it'd be a good series

NewJerSpur
04-25-2010, 02:29 AM

Sounds similar to the way people downplayed the Magic last year going up against Cleveland.

bostonguy
04-25-2010, 02:32 AM
Sounds similar to the way people downplayed the Magic last year going up against Cleveland.

This years Cavs team has a Howard stopper in Shaq, and a guy who can negate Lewis in Jamison. Parker/James will contain Carter. After all that Nelson won't be able to do enough to make a difference.

bostonguy
04-25-2010, 02:33 AM
how are you so confident? they split the season series evenly

i understand it's playoff basketball but the cavs aren't that dominant, i don't think

not to mention a mental edge the magic have - it'd be a good series

It'd be a good series for the Cavs. One of those wins the Magic had, Lebron wasn't playing in. The other win was legit though.

Jacob1983
04-25-2010, 02:39 AM
The Magic is still the favorite in my opinion. They will be until the Cavs beat them in the ECF. That's probably 50/50. Both teams got better since last year so it will be an interesting matchup.

poop
04-25-2010, 02:39 AM
the Magic do not fear cleveland...lol. cleveland Fears orlando.

NewJerSpur
04-25-2010, 02:40 AM
Jamison's playoff defense hasn't exactly been stellar, especially around the basket. Shaq's defense has left much to be desired as well and he likely wouldn't be able to defend Dwight without committing those dumb reach in fouls he's prone to when he has no other alternatives.

They'll probably have LeBron guarding Nelson much of the time because he presents the most consistent threat for the Magic. That would leave Mo guarding a bigger player who would likely take advantage of that matchup on the blocks, the same way Orlando made Cleveland pay last year when they tried to go small. Should still be a good series, like last year's was, but Cleveland has some issues they have to resolve.

Capt Bringdown
04-25-2010, 02:43 AM
I don't think anyone else in the west can give the Lakers as much trouble as OKC has. Lakers could very well recover and roll over the Thunder in the next 2 games. Their record since the Gasol acquisition speaks for itself and is not easily dismissed.

If the Lakers do get knocked out, I don't think whoever comes out of the West can beat either Cleveland or Orlando.

But it seems pretty silly to count the Lakers out right now IMO.

Jacob1983
04-25-2010, 02:46 AM
Spurs fans, how would you feel if the Spurs got to the Finals and lost to either the Cavs or Magic? Just curious because you guys have never experienced any bad times in the Finals. 4 for 4 for your team in the Finals. Would you rather have the Spurs not make the Finals or make the Finals but wind up losing to either the Cavs or Magic?

Sisk
04-25-2010, 02:47 AM
the Magic do not fear cleveland...lol. cleveland Fears orlando.

completely agree

I don't think anyone else in the west can give the Lakers as much trouble as OKC has. Lakers could very well recover and roll over the Thunder in the next 2 games. Their record since the Gasol acquisition speaks for itself and is not easily dismissed.

If the Lakers do get knocked out, I don't think whoever comes out of the West can beat either Cleveland or Orlando.

The Lakers simply haven't impressed me. I'm not saying OKC will close them out, although I think that's a very real probability, but the Lakers look unmotivated and tired. Last years Lakers wouldn't have lost by 20+ points in a pretty big game.

Sisk
04-25-2010, 02:48 AM
Spurs fans, how would you feel if the Spurs got to the Finals and lost to either the Cavs or Magic? Just curious because you guys have never experienced any bad times in the Finals. 4 for 4 for your team in the Finals. Would you rather have the Spurs not make the Finals or make the Finals but wind up losing to either the Cavs or Magic?

I've thought of this a lot actually, and I'd still rather see the Spurs in there and having a chance for the fifth title.

Although after the series was over it'd be a pretty shitty feeling I'm sure.

Jacob1983
04-25-2010, 02:52 AM
A Finals loss would do damage to Duncan's legacy in my opinion. How many great players in NBA history can say they went to the Finals multiple times and never lost?

NewJerSpur
04-25-2010, 02:52 AM

The Magic I could live with (I start rooting for them when the Spurs don't advance), but I might not watch basketball for a while if San Antonio were to lose to Cleveland (or if Cleveland wins period for that matter), fortunately haven't had to live with such a reality to this point as you stated.

Then again, I've seen my team lose a [poorly officiated] Super Bowl and I survived, though I hate the Stealers with a passion now, whereas before I could care less about them.

Ghazi
04-25-2010, 02:56 AM
A Finals loss would do damage to Duncan's legacy in my opinion. How many great players in NBA history can say they went to the Finals multiple times and never lost?

No it wouldn't.

mogrovejo
04-25-2010, 03:24 AM
Ghazi (http://spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=12291), to me the favourites are Orlando. But the favourites don't always win.

Shaq negates Howard. Jamison negates Lewis.

What the heck does this mean? Shaq negates Howard? Are you arguing that Shaq can match Howard's contributions and impact in the game? That he can defend Howard well and limit his offensive contributions?

Anyway, even if Cleveland and Orlando play each other it'd be in the conference finals and perhaps Shaq can improve in the next few weeks, but right now, the way Shaq is playing, he would negate Adonal Foyle. Maybe.

mogrovejo
04-25-2010, 03:26 AM
No it wouldn't.

Agreed. Never understood that "oh, I'd rather lose now than later on" mentality.

Giuseppe
04-25-2010, 07:01 AM
It's been up for grabs since MJ left the Bulls for good.

Muser
04-25-2010, 07:24 AM

I guess losing in the 1st/2nd round would be much better!!

Muser
04-25-2010, 07:25 AM
It's been up for grabs since MJ left the Bulls for good.

Nah ever since Daddy left L.A after Detroit took him behind the wood shed.

m33p0
04-25-2010, 07:32 AM

any team with a quick, aggressive point guard will give LA trouble.

Giuseppe
04-25-2010, 07:37 AM
Nah ever since Daddy left L.A after Detroit took him behind the wood shed.

Then you fellows turned that wood shed into that Piston Wailing Room just down the hall there.

bostonguy
04-25-2010, 04:36 PM
What the heck does this mean? Shaq negates Howard? Are you arguing that Shaq can match Howard's contributions and impact in the game? That he can defend Howard well and limit his offensive contributions?

Anyway, even if Cleveland and Orlando play each other it'd be in the conference finals and perhaps Shaq can improve in the next few weeks, but right now, the way Shaq is playing, he would negate Adonal Foyle. Maybe.

Shaq should improve in the next 2 weeks. He hasn't played in months and is shaking off the rust and finding his rhythm. Shaq will not only lock Howard down on D but he will get him in foul trouble constantly with his O. This Cavs team is just a bad draw for the Magic. Orlando is also intimidated by them as well.

HarlemHeat37
04-25-2010, 04:54 PM
Orlando isn't intimidated at all, where does that come from?..they beat them the last time both teams played at full strength..

Shaq isn't going to hurt anybody..with Nelson playing the way he is, they're going to exploit Shaq's p&r defense and defense in general..Howard and Nelson + Carter and Gortat have been working the p&r extremely well of late..Shaq can easily be exploited and I fully expect him to be..

Shaq is still a contributor IMO, but Cleveland really won't be able to play too much of a Shaq-Jamison frontcourt, they're going to be severely exploited if they run that lineup out too much..

DJ Mbenga
04-25-2010, 05:58 PM
too bad carter is playing like its preseason

mogrovejo
04-25-2010, 06:02 PM
Yeps, I think Orlando will pick apart Cleveland's interior+pick'n'roll defence if they play each other. I expect to see Varejao playing large minutes in an attempt to avoid that. Shaq cant play lock down defence on Howard, he doesn't have the mobility for that. It's not all about size (Shaq is great to defend players like himself). The Cavs will need to use lots of help, especially when Howard is used as the picker/roll man. Plus, Shaq isn't exactly an offensive juggernaut. He isn't the kind of player that can give Howard or Gortat fits.