PDA

View Full Version : FT disparities

LnGrrrR
04-25-2010, 06:17 AM
Ok, so throughout these playoffs we have seen a few games with somewha. Large FT disparities. Two that stand out are Mavs/Spurs, Game 1, and this last Thunder/Lakers game.

Alot of people argued Dirk getting so many calls, and some (lookig at you Br) argued that it was a fix, and no team should get ten more fts than the other.

Now the Lakers lose, and we don't see half as much of this talk (to Laker fans credit).

If refs call it like it is, then there will be big disparities sometimes. Trying to keep the fts between each team close to the same is worse in my opinion, and altering the game even more.

So, in the future, Id like to hear the residents of this board not say something so stupid as "team x got way more fts; this is fixed!!!" without some better evidence.

/rant

boston.balla
04-25-2010, 06:38 AM
1)lebron is a paramount athlete he finishes with contact each time so 10fts a game on 15 penetrations is completely logical. In fact if lebron was a laker you can add 2-3 more fts.
Anybody large(shaq,yao,bron) or long(durant,dirk) or relentless(manu,wade) enough will finish with contact very frequently therefore can get alot of fts.

2) the thunder drove to the lane relentlessly while the lakers shot alot of js. To have fts you have to have contact.

3) the lakers/celts/cavs get more fts as a team cause of media coverage.

Team ft always depends on those 3 things so what brhornet and other ignorants say about ft disparity is bullshit when not matched with a good explanation involving the 3. It happens frequently when people do NOT watch games.

ex: when was the last time kobe shot 0 fts. R: when was the last time kobe's ass refused to drive and think he'd be bailed by the (Way TOO many) fouls he receives on js.

boston.balla
04-25-2010, 06:42 AM
furthermore there is a 4 to this list

4) the way the game is called. One game you see artest hugging durant so much you'd say he's gay, the other you see durant giving artest a small shove followed promptly by an offensive foul ... now when you see them both LOL you know it's LA.

mavsfan1000
04-25-2010, 02:10 PM
Ok, so throughout these playoffs we have seen a few games with somewha. Large FT disparities. Two that stand out are Mavs/Spurs, Game 1, and this last Thunder/Lakers game.

Alot of people argued Dirk getting so many calls, and some (lookig at you Br) argued that it was a fix, and no team should get ten more fts than the other.

Now the Lakers lose, and we don't see half as much of this talk (to Laker fans credit).

If refs call it like it is, then there will be big disparities sometimes. Trying to keep the fts between each team close to the same is worse in my opinion, and altering the game even more.

So, in the future, Id like to hear the residents of this board not say something so stupid as "team x got way more fts; this is fixed!!!" without some better evidence.

/rant
Because the Mavs got a raw deal in a close game and the Lakers just got outplayed badly.

Giuseppe
04-25-2010, 02:11 PM
Because the Mavs got a raw deal in a close game and the Lakers just got outplayed badly.

Six of one///half dozen of another.

DPG21920
04-25-2010, 02:13 PM

You realize the Mavs have one of the largest FT disparities in a game this playoffs, correct? Game, which is what the OP was referring to, the Mavs shot a ton of FT's. So how did they get a raw deal?

That was with the Spurs spending more time in the paint in that game and with Duncan getting more contact than Dirk.

mavsfan1000
04-25-2010, 02:17 PM
You realize the Mavs have one of the largest FT disparities in a game this playoffs, correct? Game, which is what the OP was referring to, the Mavs shot a ton of FT's. So how did they get a raw deal?

That was with the Spurs spending more time in the paint in that game and with Duncan getting more contact than Dirk.
I agreed with the OP. I think Dirk gets fouled more than anyone I've ever seen. Just because the refs allow it. We should be always be winning the ft disparity with the way teams guard us.

DPG21920
04-25-2010, 02:20 PM
:lol. I just realized you were trolling. Nice.

j.dizzle
04-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Dirk actually got hacked a grip last game & Dallas were getting a lot of touch fouls called on them..Just calling what I see. Refs are gonna hook up Dallas bigtime in their next home game lmao..LOL stern

z0sa
04-25-2010, 02:33 PM
:sleep

Everyone knowledgeable knows FT disparities mean jackshit. We live in an age where we can actually *gasp* watch the games and the calls as they are made, so going off FT disparities alone is more than just foolish.