PDA

View Full Version : Pop handing this game to Dallas in the second quarter

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-25-2010, 07:02 PM
Microsmallball for the first 7 minutes let Dallas get going.

Then you panic and go four down for six straight possessions when it's clear Tim doesn't have the legs tonight.

This is one of those games we will lose by 4-5 because Pop is hellbent on getting Tim 20 touches on the right low block, ball movement be damned.

DAF86
04-25-2010, 07:05 PM
Why play Bogans? You have already found a rotation that works, why change that? I don't get it.

urunobili
04-25-2010, 07:06 PM
Manu -17 :wakeup

Sigz
Why doesn't Tim have legs? Isn't two days enough of a break?

honestfool84
WTF?

the game isn't even over.

honestfool84
04-25-2010, 07:07 PM
i see 24 minutes left on the clock.

maybe my tv is lagging a bit...

DAF86
Manu -17 :wakeup

So?

Cant_Be_Faded
Spurs as a whole seemed lifeless and lazy and slow in that 2nd quarter.

Bogans did okay, defensively he did his job on kidd.

Fabbs
04-25-2010, 07:08 PM
4 Dumb with at least two players ordered to the other side near or outside the arc doing nothing more then standing around. Thereby assuring Timmys clanks will not be O rebounded and Dallas will get a good break up twoards their end.

Brilliant.

Oh wait, Bonners treys will bring us back. :rolleyes

PublicOption
04-25-2010, 07:09 PM
FTA

dallas 14 spurs 4

c'mon, same ole song and dance NBA.

YOU ARE NOT FOOLING ANYONE STERN.

Warlord23
04-25-2010, 07:09 PM
He's got 4 rings, so whatever he does has a secret motive that ordinary souls like us don't understand. So what if he gets Shawn Marion (!!!) of all people going? So what if we get owned on the boards like there's no tomorrow? So what of Bonner, Blair and Bogans get the Mavs offense going?

Nobody outcoaches our coach except he himself. CIA, bitches!

emanueldavidginobili
04-25-2010, 07:10 PM
11 points manu and tim havent done shit were fine, come out play tough D get the crowd into and we can pull away with this.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-25-2010, 07:11 PM
Bonner, Bogans, and Blair. Dallas gets into the bonus early in the quarter, pulls down five offensive rebounds that lead to second chance points, and it's Tony playing one on five on offense or everyone standing around so we can run 4down :td

DAF86
04-25-2010, 07:11 PM
And Parker should have played more than just 12 minutes.

dbestpro
04-25-2010, 07:12 PM
It is Duncan's birthday. He is now officially too old.

DPG21920
04-25-2010, 07:15 PM
Most of this is on Pop. It is the coaches job to make sure the guys come out prepared and focused. They are not. It is the coaches job to have a rotation that works. Pop has not done that.

There is no logical excuse to introduce Bogans back into the line up after his last 2 DNP's lead to wins. There is no reason to play Bonner/Blair/Bogans together for that long.

That all falls on Pop. Lets hope he does not put the team at a bigger disadvantage in the 2nd half.

50 cent
04-25-2010, 07:15 PM
All the Spurs look flat as hell.

And Popdammit, get fucking Bonner out of the game. The guy is terrible in the Playoffs.

DJB
04-25-2010, 07:17 PM

Then you panic and go four down for six straight possessions when it's clear Tim doesn't have the legs tonight.

This is one of those games we will lose by 4-5 because Pop is hellbent on getting Tim 20 touches on the right low block, ball movement be damned.

He has the legs he's just got terrible touch so far.

honestfool84
04-25-2010, 07:17 PM
Bonner, Bogans, and Blair. Dallas gets into the bonus early in the quarter, pulls down five offensive rebounds that lead to second chance points, and it's Tony playing one on five on offense or everyone standing around so we can run 4down :td

well then you should just turn off the stupid TV.. don't bother posting, either. you already know the result of the game.
:rolleyes

polandprzem
04-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Most of this is on Pop. It is the coaches job to make sure the guys come out prepared and focused. They are not. It is the coaches job to have a rotation that works. Pop has not done that.

There is no logical excuse to introduce Bogans back into the line up after his last 2 DNP's lead to wins. There is no reason to play Bonner/Blair/Bogans together for that long.

That all falls on Pop. Lets hope he does not put the team at a bigger disadvantage in the 2nd half.

WTF Pop has do do with people not stepping up?

He should tell them to step up?
they would on a 'click' I guess :rolleyes

Warlord23
04-25-2010, 07:19 PM
We need to play a lot more pick-n-roll in the second half. A lot more. And hope that Dallas misses some shots.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-25-2010, 07:19 PM
If Bonner had a scrotum to speak of and we gave effort on the boards, this is a close game.

dbestpro
04-25-2010, 07:21 PM
Blair has proven to be quite a liability in these playoffs. I think this is really showing that he will not be able (all 3) to be a 30 minute guy, play inside and be on a successful playoff team.

HarlemHeat37
It sucks because Pop coached 2 very good games in a row by just keeping it simple..I hate when he outsmarts himself..

ace3g
Duncan needs to get going 0 pts, and manu needs to do a little more, but other than that the rest of the starters played well , and Parker off the bench. Spurs wouldn't be close if it wasn't for Hill.

Oh and stop doubling Dirk or whoever has the ball

dbestpro
04-25-2010, 07:23 PM
I also agree that Bonner so far has been the greatest disapointment in this playoff. He contributes absolutely nothing when he cannot hit an outside shot. I for one will be happy when we move on from choke Bonner.

HarlemHeat37
04-25-2010, 07:24 PM
You mean IF we move on from Bonner..I would assume that the logical move would be to not re-sign him after a 2nd straight choke in the playoffs, but you never know with Pop..

DAF86
04-25-2010, 07:25 PM
Blair has proven to be quite a liability in these playoffs. I think this is really showing that he will not be able (all 3) to be a 30 minute guy, play inside and be on a successful playoff team.

2 offensive rebounds, 1 of 2 ahooting and 1 assist in 5 minutes, he has done well.

Fabbs
04-25-2010, 07:25 PM
To the contrary he's done a great job of tipping several balls loose and corralling some nice O rebounds (as usual) that led to hoops (as usual). He is missing his short shots, that's true.

Also Blair gets marched out with Bonehead so it's like auto 4 on 5.

01Snake
04-25-2010, 07:34 PM
Dirk is turning into a flopping bitch.

ManuTP9
04-25-2010, 07:39 PM
It's not over yet..geez.

polandprzem
04-25-2010, 07:42 PM
Pop is playing better now

DAF86
04-25-2010, 07:43 PM
Pop is playing better now

Yeah he hasn't put Bogans or Bonner yet.

honestfool84
04-25-2010, 07:58 PM
good thing you're not a coach.. otherwise you'd have thrown the game away.

senorglory
04-25-2010, 08:12 PM
3rd looked pretty good.

Maybe too early for damnation.

polandprzem
04-25-2010, 08:19 PM
pop with some nice J's

honestfool84
04-25-2010, 08:19 PM
good thing Pop told them to start making shots.

-_-

Warlord23
04-25-2010, 08:46 PM
Pop not playing Bonner or Bogans in the second half = Spurs win

ShoogarBear
04-25-2010, 08:49 PM
Have to give a shout out to Rick Carlisle here. WTF? Marion has his best playoff game in ages, is actually making a difference, and you bench him? Thanks. :tu

PBEEZY
04-25-2010, 08:53 PM
Premature threads FTW

objective
04-25-2010, 08:54 PM
Pop not playing Bonner or Bogans in the second half = Spurs win

Exactly.

Took him long enough, but keeping Bonner, Bogans and Mason to a combined ZERO minutes in the second half was the key to winning this game.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-25-2010, 08:57 PM
well then you should just turn off the stupid TV.. don't bother posting, either. you already know the result of the game.
:rolleyes

What were you saying? No microball in the second half, Bogans stayed glued to the pine, and we come back and win.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-25-2010, 08:59 PM
good thing you're not a coach.. otherwise you'd have thrown the game away.

Yep, it's a total coincidence that in the second half Bogans stayed on the bench, Bonner played limited minutes, no microball, and we won...

DAF86
04-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Yeah he hasn't put Bogans or Bonner yet.

Play your best players and you have the best chance to win, it's really that simple.

DPG21920
04-25-2010, 09:01 PM
Great adjustment from Pop. No Bonner or Bogans. Perfect.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-25-2010, 09:03 PM
Play your best players and you have the best chance to win, it's really that simple.

Yep, it's a novel concept, that's for sure...

Spurs Brazil
04-25-2010, 09:06 PM
Please Pop, no more Bonner, I'd rather see RJ at PF than Bonner

easy7
04-25-2010, 09:08 PM
I like it when Pop hands out games and we still win.

polandprzem
04-25-2010, 09:11 PM
Breaking news

You got to put players on the floor to see if they have a good day today

Someone said before that he would not play those guys [1st half] and Pop is stupid to play them. Well Tim was playing almost whole 4th

recognize

polandprzem
04-25-2010, 09:13 PM

Really?

Then you would bitch about Pop playing small ball

Spurs Brazil
04-25-2010, 09:17 PM
Really?

Then you would bitch about Pop playing small ball

I won't because Bonner is so scared he's playing like a 5'11

DAF86
04-25-2010, 09:19 PM

I would give Bonner a chance to show how he's doing early on every game, if he's in his usual playoff choking mode I'd pull him out for the game, but I'd give him a chance to see how he looks on every game. And I'd rather give his minutes to Blair instead of playing RJ at the 4.

Bogans on the other hand shouldn't even be on the roster.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-25-2010, 09:20 PM
Blair deserves any minutes taken from Bonner.

The thing with Bonner is he's either on or off. He doesn't rebound, so all you're gonna get is shooting (or not). You let him take 2-3 shots, and if he hits he gets to play. If he misses, put his ass back on the bench.

Certainly don't play him as "center" for 7 minutes of a quarter. It was a layup and FT fest for Dallas with him in there first half of the second quarter.

HarlemHeat37
04-25-2010, 09:21 PM
I'd still give Bonner a chance every game..I'd give him 2 open shots, if he misses, sit him for the rest of the game..

He's a massive playoff choker, but this team is going to need some shooting at some point..they're also going to need a 7th player to contribute..sometimes it will be Blair, but obviously a rookie isn't reliable enough to be consistent..

The odds are that Bonner will continue to choke, but he should still get an opportunity..

lefty
Why did Pop play Bonner and Bogans?

I thought he realized that we are 10 times better off without them

I don't get it :pctoss

Borosai
Unless the Spurs plan on running Duncan and Dice into the ground, they need to play Bonner, and he needs to play well.

jjktkk
04-25-2010, 09:24 PM

Talk about panicking a predicting a Mavs win. Aggie you put your foot in your mouth so much you need odor eaters.

lefty
04-25-2010, 09:25 PM
What does Pop see in Bonner

Can't score
Can't jump
Can't run
Can't rebound
Can't play D

smrattler
04-25-2010, 09:26 PM
I guess he changed his mind and took it back?

jjktkk
04-25-2010, 09:28 PM
I'd still give Bonner a chance every game..I'd give him 2 open shots, if he misses, sit him for the rest of the game..

He's a massive playoff choker, but this team is going to need some shooting at some point..they're also going to need a 7th player to contribute..sometimes it will be Blair, but obviously a rookie isn't reliable enough to be consistent..

The odds are that Bonner will continue to choke, but he should still get an opportunity..

Exactly. And thats what Pop does when Bonners shot is off, Pop sits him. I have no problem with Pop giving Bogans spot minutes either. Same thing with Bogans, Pop sits him when Bogans is ineffective.

MannyIsGod
04-25-2010, 09:28 PM

I don't know how you CAN'T give minutes to Bonner at this point barring going with a 7 man rotation. I don't want to see Mason and I don't want to see Bogans (except against LA - he actually does ok in that series) so who else do you play at this point? I could see some Malik or Temple minutes but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm sad that Bonner can't make those shots because I think its just a mental block. The guy plays well and plays hard but if he can't make those shots he's not an asset. Its the sad truth.

In any event, completely agree with AHF. Pop was horrible in that 2nd Quarter but at least he made up for it in the 2nd half. Hopefully thats the last of Bogans we see for the rest of the series.

DAF86
04-25-2010, 09:29 PM
What does Pop see in Bonner

Can't score
Can't jump
Can't run
Can't rebound
Can't play D

Can hit threes, and some times his defense is acceptable.

Budkin
04-25-2010, 09:31 PM
Yep, it's a total coincidence that in the second half Bogans stayed on the bench, Bonner played limited minutes, no microball, and we won...

Totally agree... no Bogans or Bonner = teh win.

ShoogarBear
04-25-2010, 09:34 PM
Bogans actually didn't play that badly in the first half. But because he really brings nothing to the table, unless you have at least 3 scorers out there with him, it will usually end up hurting things.

Bonner is regressing so much that the only next step would be for him to hit three pointers in the wrong basket. But I agree you have to see if he'll have 1-2 useful games in the playoffs.

ace3g
04-25-2010, 09:38 PM
as long as only 1 of Bogans or Mason plays each game I'm fine with it. Like others have said, give Bonner some early minutes to see if he can hit some 3s and get going

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-25-2010, 09:39 PM
Talk about panicking a predicting a Mavs win. Aggie you put your foot in your mouth so much you need odor eaters.

Cute response. My assessment of Bonner, Bogans, and microball were money. Thankfully Tim didn't mind finding George Hill in the third quarter, and Dallas didn't mind leaving him wide open.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-25-2010, 09:40 PM
Bogans actually didn't play that badly in the first half. But because he really brings nothing to the table, unless you have at least 3 scorers out there with him, it will usually end up hurting things.

Bonner is regressing so much that the only next step would be for him to hit three pointers in the wrong basket. But I agree you have to see if he'll have 1-2 useful games in the playoffs.

As an individual defender, he was okay. But he did nothing on offense and Dallas was sending his man at TP every play in the second quarter.

You hit it on the money about who he's teamed up with when on the court. That was just a particularly shitty lineup out there.

It's like Pop saw Carlisle trot out three guards for small ball, and said "oh hell no, I can do better than that..." so we end up with Bonner at center, flanked by Blair and Bogans on the front line (not exactly a shot blocking force to reckon with there).

lefty
04-25-2010, 09:41 PM
Can hit threes, and some times his defense is acceptable.
Can hit wiiiiiiiiiiiide open 3's

Cant_Be_Faded
04-25-2010, 09:44 PM

I agree, Bogans brought fresh legs to pressure Kid, and they did not expose him while he was on the court.

He did much better pressuring Kidd than Jefferson did in game 3. I think Bogans was good but Bonner was an abortion. He was the one who pissed me off.

objective
04-25-2010, 09:49 PM
The last two years in the playoffs he's shooting 26% from three.

How long until people realize that he really can't hit threes, not in the playoffs.

I remember people defending his chokejob last playoffs . . . "Oh, well, without Manu there teams are just not leaving him open! This year will be different!"

Well now he's shooting 30% from three this playoffs.

Spurologist
04-25-2010, 09:57 PM
Blair deserves any minutes taken from Bonner.

The thing with Bonner is he's either on or off. He doesn't rebound, so all you're gonna get is shooting (or not). You let him take 2-3 shots, and if he hits he gets to play. If he misses, put his ass back on the bench.

Certainly don't play him as "center" for 7 minutes of a quarter. It was a layup and FT fest for Dallas with him in there first half of the second quarter.

One of the few times I agree with you 100%

:tu

DesignatedT
04-25-2010, 10:00 PM
lmao at pop haters. guys are ridiculous.

santymrc
04-25-2010, 10:20 PM
You know what? I think that users should not be able to open new threads while the game is on, couse it leads to this /fail shits that becomes hilarious bullshit.

honestfool84
04-26-2010, 12:28 AM
You know what? I think that users should not be able to open new threads while the game is on, couse it leads to this /fail shits that becomes hilarious bullshit.

:lol

jag
04-26-2010, 01:15 AM
I agree, Bogans brought fresh legs to pressure Kid, and they did not expose him while he was on the court.

He did much better pressuring Kidd than Jefferson did in game 3. I think Bogans was good but Bonner was an abortion. He was the one who pissed me off.

Ya Bogans did just fine. He offered a different look for the Mavs...but i don't want to see him out there for more than 7-8 min a game.

mudyez
04-26-2010, 01:38 AM

Sounds good, but in real life you also have to deal with psychology. that said, I'm not sure, if Bonner will react very well to that pressure. I had a player myself, that was treated that way for several seasons on other teams...giving her (I'm a womens coach) a chance, but if she fails, she wont see courttime again. she played pretty poorly and it got worse and worse, coz the ressure was higher, than needed. I got her on my team and told her: "Your job is to make mistakes!" and boom: I got myself a really good player, that really helps the team! If she makes mistakes, she gets a second chance and thats it...While knowing that, she can perform more loosely which helps her.
I'm not saying, that we should play Bonner over and over again, but every player should know, that he can get a second chance...Especially if those players are not as hard nosed :-) psycological as Manu.

Capt Bringdown
04-26-2010, 01:55 AM
Have to give a shout out to Rick Carlisle here. WTF? Marion has his best playoff game in ages, is actually making a difference, and you bench him? Thanks. :tu

Exactly!

TDMVPDPOY
04-26-2010, 02:22 AM
down 17 i thought we were going to lose and the mavericks usually dont blow large leads the way they were playing...amazing what a comeback

polandprzem
04-26-2010, 02:27 AM
down 17 i thought we were going to lose and the mavericks usually dont blow large leads the way they were playing...amazing what a comeback

Thanks to Aggie and his/hers coaching job