Shank
04-25-2010, 09:04 PM
Bye, bitch.

21_Blessings
04-25-2010, 09:05 PM
I hear Avery Johnson is available

ShoogarBear
04-25-2010, 09:06 PM
So Shawn Marion has his first productive playoff game since dinosaurs ruled the earth and he gets extended pine time in the second half?

Maybe Carlisle just figured on regression to the mean and that Matrix would uber-suck if he played him some more?

And I thought Pop's rotations were weird.

badfish22
04-25-2010, 09:08 PM
good riddance

badfish22
So Shawn Marion has his first productive playoff game since dinosaurs ruled the earth and he gets extended pine time in the second half?

Thats Rick for you

lurker
I'm surprised we haven't heard reports of Mark and Rick duking it out yet.

Shank
04-25-2010, 09:12 PM

Maybe Carlisle just figured on regression to the mean and that Matrix would uber-suck if he played him some more?

And I thought Pop's rotations were weird.

He has a guy on the bench whose primary role is as a defender in Stevenson. In the third, when Hill is going off and the Mavs are hanging onto a slim lead, put him in to at least try to check Hill. Don't go with the bullshit 3-guard lineup and a 2-3 zone. But does he? No.

Playing Roddy with .1 left in the game? For what?

Benching Marion after a solid first half.
Starting Dampier over Haywood just so he can try to win the opening tip.
Too much Barea and Terry together, jokingly trying to defend the perimeter.
No established rotation.
Pissing off players.
Wasting everyone's time.

http://www.gifflix.com/files/7868c9eaa99d.gif

monosylab1k
04-25-2010, 09:15 PM
No way Cuban fires him.

monosylab1k
04-25-2010, 09:16 PM
tbh as shitty as Rick has been, who out there is better? After shitcanning Avery, there were plenty of good options. Now, not so much.

also, Mavs have their final stand and last bullet to fire with Damp's contract. I bet Rick gets one more year to do something.

j.dizzle
04-25-2010, 09:17 PM
He doesnt know what players to put in at certain times...Marion was playing well & he barely gets any run in the second half...Dampier is garbage & hes giving him minutes.

Ghazi
04-25-2010, 09:18 PM
Isn't Rick's contract up after this year?

Shank
04-25-2010, 09:18 PM
No way Cuban fires him.

Then he's an asshole for at least not considering it. Cuban, while polarizing as balls, is still a hardcore business man. And in the NBA, if you're not winning, then you're worthless. Donnie did a great job of working to give Rick the pieces the organization figured they needed to succeed. Many outside viewers thought the same thing going into the playoffs, with a good number labeling the Mavs as the main threat to the Lakers in the West. But when he fucks around with this ridiculous rotation, benching guys for no reason and utterly losing the faith of his players in a matter of days, it's time to hit the bricks.

If Thibodeaux doesn't succeed Doc in Boston, that's my guy.

Fuck - Hubie Brown and JVG have been outcoaching Rick from the sidelines all season long.

Shank
04-25-2010, 09:19 PM
tbh as shitty as Rick has been, who out there is better? After shitcanning Avery, there were plenty of good options. Now, not so much.

also, Mavs have their final stand and last bullet to fire with Damp's contract. I bet Rick gets one more year to do something.

Let's get Dwyane Wade so Rick can bench him in the 4th.

DMX7
04-25-2010, 09:20 PM
No way Cuban fires him.

what makes you so sure?

monosylab1k
04-25-2010, 09:21 PM
don't get me wrong, i think he's been horrible. Avery-level incompetent. But again, back when Avery was fired, we had options. Now, not so much. I don't know about giving a rookie coach a shot. tbh if Rick is fired, Dwayne Casey might be the best man for the job, and I'm not 100% on that one either.

jermaine
04-25-2010, 09:22 PM
I was praying that Damp didn't get suspended cuz I knew that dumbass coach would play his sorry ass over the young much better Haywood!

mavsfan1000
04-25-2010, 09:27 PM
Then he's an asshole for at least not considering it. Cuban, while polarizing as balls, is still a hardcore business man. And in the NBA, if you're not winning, then you're worthless. Donnie did a great job of working to give Rick the pieces the organization figured they needed to succeed. Many outside viewers thought the same thing going into the playoffs, with a good number labeling the Mavs as the main threat to the Lakers in the West. But when he fucks around with this ridiculous rotation, benching guys for no reason and utterly losing the faith of his players in a matter of days, it's time to hit the bricks.

If Thibodeaux doesn't succeed Doc in Boston, that's my guy.

Fuck - Hubie Brown and JVG have been outcoaching Rick from the sidelines all season long.
Yep. I would go with an assistant coach that understands what Cuban wants of this team. Not a follower of Carlisle's stupidity.

Shank
04-25-2010, 09:29 PM
If, when the season is over, you read Cuban saying something along the lines of "we'll take some time to assess some things" or "Rick is still our guy", then Carlisle is getting shitcanned.

Bob Lanier
04-25-2010, 09:34 PM
I'm surprised we haven't heard reports of Mark and Rick duking it out yet.
Rick was fired from the Pistons for treating employees badly, which pissed off Bill Davidson, a gentleman for whom character was paramount. It's almost impossible to believe he hasn't managed to piss off the far more excitable Mark Cuban yet.

Bob Lanier
04-25-2010, 09:35 PM
And in the NBA, if you're not winning, then you're worthless.
http://bettorsedge.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/don-nelson.jpg

Ghazi
04-25-2010, 09:40 PM
Isn't Rick's contract up after this year?

badfish22
04-25-2010, 09:40 PM
no

BlackSwordsMan
04-25-2010, 09:45 PM
PJ carlesimo needs a job

san antonio spurs
04-25-2010, 09:46 PM
I was praying that Damp didn't get suspended cuz I knew that dumbass coach would play his sorry ass over the young much better Haywood!

Dampier defends Duncan better than Haywood. That's why he plays the majority of the minutes at the center position.

lefty
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3585/cubp.jpg

DPG21920
Hey, you can hire the radio guy who called San Antonio dirty Mexicans. He is looking for a job soon.

Rogue
04-25-2010, 10:10 PM
PJ carlesimo needs a job
stick your mouth to chewing the fucking cud, you fucking moron.

Rogue
04-25-2010, 10:12 PM
don't get me wrong, i think he's been horrible. Avery-level incompetent. But again, back when Avery was fired, we had options. Now, not so much. I don't know about giving a rookie coach a shot. tbh if Rick is fired, Dwayne Casey might be the best man for the job, and I'm not 100% on that one either.
EVEN JVG seems a better coach than Carlisle now. The same obstinate/stubborn/conservative donkey-like personality but JVG knows some wonderful defense strategies at least, something RC never gets a clue about.

Shank
04-25-2010, 10:13 PM
Gimme Del Harris, even.

DJ Mbenga
04-25-2010, 10:34 PM
its tough for carlisle. this team is pretty much built like the cavs in the sense that you have 1 superstar and a shit load of role players. for lebron it works for his skills and he is that good. for dirk, he needs a legit start next to him not role players cause he cant carry a team for a 7 game series.

Bob Lanier
04-25-2010, 10:54 PM
Dampier defends Duncan better than Haywood. That's why he plays the majority of the minutes at the center position.
Bullshit. But even if I were to accept that, he still gives up an open shot on every single pick-and-roll, which if you hadn't noticed is far more a part of the Spurs' offense than isolation with old T-Robot.

NickiRasgo
04-25-2010, 11:14 PM
Mike Dunleavy is available too.

badfish22
04-25-2010, 11:19 PM
Gimme Del Harris, even.

this tbh

monosylab1k
04-25-2010, 11:20 PM
Dwane Casey, imho.

SpursRulez4eVeR
04-25-2010, 11:24 PM
Ok.

Phallusy
04-25-2010, 11:30 PM
Bye, bitch.

maybe Terry too

MavDynasty
04-25-2010, 11:31 PM
doug collins tbh

hubie brown imho

peskypesky
04-26-2010, 12:25 AM
its tough for carlisle. this team is pretty much built like the cavs in the sense that you have 1 superstar and a shit load of role players. for lebron it works for his skills and he is that good. for dirk, he needs a legit start next to him not role players cause he cant carry a team for a 7 game series.

the only real problem with the Mavs is this: they're playing the 2010 NBA Champs.

Findog
04-26-2010, 12:27 AM
the only real problem with the Mavs is this: they're playing the 2010 NBA Champs.

Spurs are looking like a good bet to come out of the West. I think they have a shot against Cleveland, but no way they beat Orlando. You gotta root for the King to come out of the East.

mavsfan1000
04-26-2010, 12:51 AM
doug collins tbh

hubie brown imho
Doug Collins talks about how much of a spark plug Barea is. No thanks to him.

Udokafan05
04-26-2010, 12:56 AM
Maybe they should try Byron Scott

Lars
04-26-2010, 12:58 AM
I think they should add more jump shooters.

John Terry
04-26-2010, 01:26 AM
Maybe they should try Byron Scott
Mark Cuban seems better to take the job himself than to hire anyone else, as this octopus always wants to wrap up his team in his own tentacles. Not the coach's fault, I say, whoever is hired as Mavs "GM" or "coach" is no more than a puppet.

TD 21
04-26-2010, 01:36 AM
Carlisle isn't the problem; the Mavs core is. Until they come to realize that Nowitzki is not a go-to guy on a championship team, they will never win a championship. On top of that, he doesn't have a true number two option for a team with championship aspirations.

Butler isn't it. He has fallen off dramatically over the past two years, to the point now where he's in Jefferson's class. This was the guy who was going to put the Mavs over the top? I liked the Jefferson pickup at the time because he was thought to be a fourth option. As it is, he's fifth. Butler, however, was brought in to be a second or, at worst, third option. He's not good enough to be that, unless you're talking about a middle-of-the-road team or worse.

Unfortunately for the Mavs, even with Dampier's partially guaranteed bloated contract to play with, they're not going to be able to get the player they need. At minimum they'd need Johnson, but I don't even think he'd be enough. And let's be honest, they're not only not going to be able to acquire him, they have no chance at acquiring someone better. So the Nowitzki era, inevitably, will end without a championship.