PDA

View Full Version : Mario Chalmers who?!

Duncanoypi
04-25-2010, 09:08 PM
IUPUI bitches!

Pop is freaking genius!:flag::flag::flag:

Obstructed_View
04-26-2010, 12:15 AM
Yep I was just telling my wife that for all my complaints on Pop's coaching decisions, he sure hit a home run with George. There was not a single person who was prepared for him getting picked around here on draft night. I'm pretty sure he's better than every single person we wanted the Spurs to pick.

LeCrab
12-12-2010, 06:46 PM
For all those who wanted mario chalmers... what do you say now that george hill is proven in the play offs and crunch time

Darkwaters
12-12-2010, 06:50 PM
And to think, Hill was the backup plan.

Batum has looked decent through 3 seasons as well too.

DMC
12-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Two words: Smush Parker

99-03-05-07
12-12-2010, 08:47 PM
Two words: Smush Parker

sucks dick

admiralsnackbar
12-12-2010, 08:55 PM
sucks dick

In Russia.

Sean Cagney
12-12-2010, 09:54 PM
I am so glad we drafted him over that dude now, he is so limited and we already see what he can or could do, Hill is still on the rise as a player and has a high ceiling.

Cessation
12-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Damn, hill playing like he owns the court, never seen such confidence in him.

ChuckD
12-12-2010, 10:22 PM
That layup on the break, where Rudy knocked the ball loose, was flat ridiculous. He used those LONG arms to release the ball BEHIND HIS HEAD for the layup.

angelbelow
12-13-2010, 04:18 AM
For all those who wanted mario chalmers... what do you say now that george hill is proven in the play offs and crunch time

My initial reaction to drafting George Hill was not a good one. We were coming off a season where we DESPERATELY needed another PG. With Vaughn CLEARLY over the hill and ineffective, drafting a quality PG was vital. So naturally, with Chalmers still on board, I was upset we passed on him and went for a no name like Hill. After the draft I did some research on the guy and read about how Hill was supposedly the Spurs target and felt more optimistic about the situation. Remained optimistic despite Hills atrocious summer league performance.

Fast foward 2 years.. G.Hill isn't a PG, probably never will be, but it's safe to say Spurs can add Hill to their amazing draft resume.

PDXSpursFan
12-13-2010, 01:15 PM
That layup on the break, where Rudy knocked the ball loose, was flat ridiculous. He used those LONG arms to release the ball BEHIND HIS HEAD for the layup.

And also he traveled http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQihCZGkWtXsdmOiEOr-yYt7BMm7UGAVwoTMPJ1zfmm6HMw2l-ZaQ

Vito Corleone
12-13-2010, 01:19 PM
Hill is still developing as a PG, he reminds me of Chauncey Billups. Billups was tossed around to a few teams before he landed in Detroit and began to put things together. Now he is a guy most every team would love to have. Hill has a very similar game to Billups, he just needs a little more development.

TJastal
12-13-2010, 01:23 PM
And also he traveled http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQihCZGkWtXsdmOiEOr-yYt7BMm7UGAVwoTMPJ1zfmm6HMw2l-ZaQ

Uh, you're full of shit as usual.

http://www.nba.com/video/games/spurs/2010/12/12/0021000353_por_sas_recap.nba/

He clearly retrieves the ball takes one step and lays it in.

Dex
12-13-2010, 01:42 PM
George "Thrill" Hill is quickly becoming one of my favorites on the team. I get excited about him coming off the bench like I used to get excited about Manu, because he usually seems to provide a good spark and you're never quite sure what he's going to do.

I think after putting in so much work in the summer to "turn the corner", he was pressing too much early and trying too hard to make things happen (as was Blair). Now that he's just letting the game come to him again, he's really seeing the results. Glad he finally got his head back up on his shoulders again.

Mark in Austin
12-13-2010, 01:52 PM
There was a little Manu in that behind the back dribble drive to the basket for the two handed lay-in yesterday afternoon. Nice move. :tu

Lackluster
12-13-2010, 02:48 PM
There was a little Manu in that behind the back dribble drive to the basket for the two handed lay-in yesterday afternoon. Nice move. :tu

yeah, i saw some manu there and when he got his defender up in the air and drew the shooting foul.

it's his ability to get to the line that has really helped establish his extremely efficient offensive game.

Agloco
12-13-2010, 08:08 PM
IUPUI bitches!

Pop is freaking genius!:flag::flag::flag:

Chalmers with :lobt2: x7 in Miami.