PDA

View Full Version : Dallas will win the next 3, BOOK IT!

I_Speak_4_Dallas_Fan
04-25-2010, 10:31 PM
Dirks going to be Dirk. Terrys going to continue not sucking and making clutch 3's. Najeras going to be taking the trash out. Damp's going to kick Duncans knee some.

Dallas WILL win the next game. Scare the Spurs.. win in SA. Then game 7 is a toss up going to Dallas because of homecourt, the refs, and Dirk.

Only true Mav fans know what I'am talking about. :toast

DJ Mbenga
04-25-2010, 10:32 PM
good job lefty

timvpimp
04-25-2010, 10:34 PM
Unless Carlisle gets sacked instantly and succeeded by someone who has a brain, I don't see Mavs reverse their destiny by turning the series the FUCK around.

easy7
04-25-2010, 10:38 PM
That shit you be smoking must be really good... :hat

4>0rings
04-25-2010, 11:11 PM
:lmao

Stringer_Bell
04-25-2010, 11:13 PM
They kind of have to win 3 in a row to get to the next round, right? Gotta play the games homie!

SpursDynasty
04-25-2010, 11:14 PM
Lol Mavs

dav4463
04-25-2010, 11:16 PM
You got the last part right. If it gets to game seven.....fear Dirk and the refs!!!

badfish22
04-25-2010, 11:22 PM
who's troll is this?

init2winit.

rayray2k8
04-25-2010, 11:23 PM
Not probable, but not impossible. Look up 2006 Spurs and Mavs series.
Although if history repeats itself, then that means that the Mavs are screwed.

We wait for Tuesday's game now...

4>0rings
04-26-2010, 12:30 AM
You got the last part right. If it gets to game seven.....fear Dirk and the refs!!!This is true.

z0sa
04-26-2010, 12:32 AM
init2winit = OP

admiralsnackbar
04-26-2010, 12:54 AM
Not probable, but not impossible. Look up 2006 Spurs and Mavs series.
Although if history repeats itself, then that means that the Mavs are screwed.

We wait for Tuesday's game now...

It's not over and all due respect to Dallas insofar as that's true...

That said, it took every ounce of effort to keep the Spurs in the series in '06. This season is different in that none of our "big three" had a good game tonight and we still gutted out a win. What are the odds the players we have won't get one win in the next three games?

lebomb
04-26-2010, 07:20 AM
Great win...........Im not trash talking till the Spurs win 4.

Indazone
04-26-2010, 08:25 AM
Go Big Blue! :lmao

Indazone
04-26-2010, 08:46 AM
7 Stages of Grief...for Mavsfans

1. SHOCK & DENIAL-
You will probably react to learning of the loss with numbed disbelief. You may deny the reality of the loss at some level, in order to avoid the pain. Shock provides emotional protection from being overwhelmed all at once. This may last for weeks.

2. PAIN & GUILT-
As the shock wears off, it is replaced with the suffering of unbelievable pain. Although excruciating and almost unbearable, it is important that you experience the pain fully, and not hide it, avoid it or escape from it with alcohol or drugs.
You may have guilty feelings or remorse over things you did or didn't do with your loved one. Life feels chaotic and scary during this phase.

3. ANGER & BARGAINING-
Frustration gives way to anger, and you may lash out and lay unwarranted blame for the death on someone else. Please try to control this, as permanent damage to your relationships may result. This is a time for the release of bottled up emotion.
You may rail against fate, questioning "Why me?" You may also try to bargain in vain with the powers that be for a way out of your despair ("I will never drink again if the refs would just roll things our way")

4. "DEPRESSION", REFLECTION, LONELINESS-
Just when your friends may think you should be getting on with your life, a long period of sad reflection will likely overtake you. This is a normal stage of grief, so do not be "talked out of it" by well-meaning outsiders. Encouragement from others is not helpful to you during this stage of grieving.
During this time, you finally realize the true magnitude of your loss, and it depresses you. You may isolate yourself on purpose, reflect on things you did with your lost one, and focus on memories of the past. You may sense feelings of emptiness or despair.

5. THE UPWARD TURN-
As you start to adjust to life without your dear one, your life becomes a little calmer and more organized. Your physical symptoms lessen, and your "depression" begins to lift slightly.

6. RECONSTRUCTION & WORKING THROUGH-
As you become more functional, your mind starts working again, and you will find yourself seeking realistic solutions to problems posed by life without your loved one. You will start to work on practical and financial problems and reconstructing yourself and your life without him or her.

7. ACCEPTANCE & HOPE-
During this, the last of the seven stages in this grief model, you learn to accept and deal with the reality of your situation. Acceptance does not necessarily mean instant happiness. Given the pain and turmoil you have experienced, you can never return to the carefree, untroubled YOU that existed before this tragedy. But you will find a way forward.
7 stages of grief...
You will start to look forward and actually plan things for the future. Eventually, you will be able to think about your loss without pain; sadness, yes, but the wrenching pain will be gone. You will once again anticipate some good times to come, and yes, even find joy again in the experience of living.

And yes..with acceptance comes understanding. The natural order of things.

http://www.granitegrok.com/pix/futility.jpg

sribb43
04-26-2010, 09:02 AM
Dirks going to be Dirk. Terrys going to continue not sucking and making clutch 3's. Najeras going to be taking the trash out. Damp's going to kick Duncans knee some.

Dallas WILL win the next game. Scare the Spurs.. win in SA. Then game 7 is a toss up going to Dallas because of homecourt, the refs, and Dirk.

Only delusional mavs fans know what your talking bout

Phillip
04-26-2010, 09:43 AM
likely, no

but still possible. it all starts with game 5. they have to take care of business and make some better adjustments, and play with some damn effort, instead of just cruising and having no focus with the exception of 2 or 3 five minute spurts. its impossible to focus for a full 48, but if they can focus for the majority of those minutes, and disperse the minutes across their best players a little better, they can definitely turn this into a series. lets hope they do...

Danny.Zhu
04-26-2010, 10:50 AM
You got the last part right. If it gets to game seven.....fear Dirk and the refs!!!

If Mavs win game 5 and 6, Spurs will get blown out in Game 7.

But I think the chance of losing 2 games in a row is below 20%.

bigdog
04-26-2010, 10:54 AM
:lol

Mixability
04-26-2010, 10:56 AM
Spurs drop 3 in a row? Not to this Mavs team

Avitus1
04-26-2010, 11:04 AM
What about stakes? If you really beleive this, and really think it'll happen are you willing to put something on the line? For example are you willing to not post here until October if they lose?

Spursmania
04-26-2010, 11:10 AM
I'm not comfortable yet at all. The Mavs are a very strong team. If they win Game 5 and steal Game six from us at home, we're fucked.

We have to close them out before game 7.

mavsfan1000
04-26-2010, 11:19 AM
The mavs are done. Face it. Time to blow it up.

word
04-26-2010, 12:00 PM
190 times, a team has been down 3 games to 1 in the history of the NBA playoffs. 8 of those times, they came back to win the series. That's about 4%.

It is, virtually, impossible.

4>0rings
04-26-2010, 12:09 PM
190 times, a team has been down 3 games to 1 in the history of the NBA playoffs. 8 of those times, they came back to win the series. That's about 4%.

It is, virtually, impossible.I don't think they are going to win the series but Dallas's choking mojo might of rubbed off on the Spurs.

MateoNeygro
04-26-2010, 12:09 PM
I don't think that's very likely but I can appreciate your faith however blind it may be. I also can appreciate your loyalty to your team.

sribb43
04-26-2010, 12:16 PM
I don't think they are going to win the series but Dallas's choking mojo might of rubbed off on the Spurs.

True but i heard a stat that of those 8, 6 teams that had homecourt in the last 3 games achieved it. Still highly unlikely

#2!
04-26-2010, 12:37 PM
While I realize the improbability of the Mavs winning the series, especially with Dirk looking ready to cry in his post-game 4 conference, I think the spurs need to give a herculean effort in game 5 to put this series to an end. The two games in SA were too close to feel comfortable giving up a game in Dallas and expect to just be handed game 6.

easy7
04-26-2010, 12:57 PM
Funny how most Mavs fans in here have more faith on the Spurs winning the series than some Spurs fans.

nkdlunch
04-26-2010, 12:58 PM
there is 0% chance of this happening unless there are injuries/suspensions. (knock on wood)

BlackSwordsMan
04-26-2010, 01:00 PM

It is, virtually, impossible.

I hate bullshit stats like this. It's always possible for a team to come back 3 straight

YoMamaIsCallin
04-26-2010, 01:08 PM
The interesting thing to me here is not the assertion that the Mavs will come back, but the recitation of HOW they will come back. It's "Player X will do Y! Player A will do B!" etc....

My point is, this is EXACTLY how losing teams think. They think it's about the INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS.

News flash... it's not. At this level, everybody's got good and great players. It's all about, can they come together as a TEAM and accomplish TEAM goals, sacrificing the individual egos and wants/needs, and simply accepting no excuses and expecting nothing to be given to them?

Until the Mavs realize this, internalize it, and make it the only thing they care about, they will not succeed.

Those Mavs fans who think they just need a better coach, or some better players to fit into roles, are mistaken. This is not a fantasy league. It's a real league. Team play wins.

mavsluva
04-26-2010, 01:14 PM

Since you're so certain with the "book it" reference, then you must be willing to bet your well being on it. I'll PM you my mailing address so that you can send me all of your money and personal possessions should the Mavs fall short of your "book it" statement.