PDA

View Full Version : Jazz only has 1 first round pick in their lineup

Darthkiller
04-25-2010, 11:51 PM
just proves how good a system Sloan has.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-25-2010, 11:53 PM
Yeh i envy teams like that. You could put the Nets roster out there and they would still be up 3-1 on the Nuggets

i am very much looking forward to the roster being blown up.

picc84
04-25-2010, 11:55 PM
Superstar ball-distributor + motion offense + athletic shooters = success.

Bob Lanier
04-26-2010, 12:18 AM
While Sloan's coaching should absolutely not be neglected, I'd say it proves more just how badly some teams screwed up the 2002 and '06 drafts.

Big men picked above Carlos Boozer, an excellent rebounder and very good scorer: Drew Gooden, Nikoloz Tskitishvili, Nene, Melvin Ely, Boki Nachbar, Curtis Borchardt, Ryan Humphrey, Nenad Krstic, Robert Archibald, and Dan Gadzuric.

Big men picked above Paul Millsap, a very good defender and rebounder and competent scorer: Andrea Bargnani, Tyrus Thomas, Shelden Williams, Patrick O'Bryant, Mouhamed Sene, Hilton Armstrong, Cedric Simmons, Oleksiy Pecherov, Josh Boone, Joel Freeland, Steve Novak, Solomon Jones, Paul Davis, Craig Smith, Kosta Perovic, James Augustine, and Alexander Johnson.

It also doesn't hurt that Deron Williams is usually the best player on the floor.

Pelicans78
04-26-2010, 12:25 AM
While Sloan's coaching should absolutely not be neglected, I'd say it proves more just how badly some teams screwed up the 2002 and '06 drafts.

Big men picked above Carlos Boozer, an excellent rebounder and very good scorer: Drew Gooden, Nikoloz Tskitishvili, Nene, Melvin Ely, Boki Nachbar, Curtis Borchardt, Ryan Humphrey, Nenad Krstic, Robert Archibald, and Dan Gadzuric.

Big men picked above Paul Millsap, a very good defender and rebounder and competent scorer: Andrea Bargnani, Tyrus Thomas, Shelden Williams, Patrick O'Bryant, Mouhamed Sene, Hilton Armstrong, Cedric Simmons, Oleksiy Pecherov, Josh Boone, Joel Freeland, Steve Novak, Solomon Jones, Paul Davis, Craig Smith, Kosta Perovic, James Augustine, and Alexander Johnson.

It also doesn't hurt that Deron Williams is usually the best player on the floor.

LOL, we picked both of those guys. :lol

Pelicans78
04-26-2010, 12:27 AM
Millsap and Boozer fell soley due to height. They maybe midgets, but they are two beasts down low. I suspect Utah will draft Patrick Patterson to replace Boozer in the offseason.

DJ Mbenga
04-26-2010, 01:27 AM
overrated stat. when they signed boozer he was already good player, double double dude. well thats my only argument. crap.

icem
04-26-2010, 02:34 AM
yea its a good system which is why idk why people make such a big deal about okurs injury. they dont need him to be good or efficient, same with kirilenko whom im sure they are used to playing without by now. CJ miles fits in just fine anyway.

John Terry
04-26-2010, 02:43 AM
A first rounder doesn't guarantee you a quality player. it's not uncommon for a draftee to be underrated by scouts and drop down the rank to the 2nd round, but they're still what they are and good. Some archetypes like Michael Redd, Gilbert Arenas, Manu, etc....

z0sa
04-26-2010, 02:52 AM
Sloane is an amazing coach.

Cane
04-26-2010, 02:59 AM
Great coach and system. However it also helps that Williams is having a career year isn't he? Boozer is also playing on a high level and he's got the motivation for it since he's in the market for a new contract.

Very disciplined team; the Nuggets really could use some of that but with their personalities and unfortunate luck they were just bound to meltdown.

boston.balla
04-26-2010, 05:18 AM
officer deron just putting work on them thugs.