PDA

View Full Version : Guys you'll probably see for the last time in Mavs Jersey

WESTACKED
04-26-2010, 02:19 AM
stop the "Dallas will defend their last trench and win game 5" craps... This team is already done, those feeble fucks won't do anything encouraging in game 5 like a true fighter is expected to do. Instead of loading the last bullet for a final shot, I guarantee you retards that they will choose to melt the fuck down in game 5 like pussies for an early vacation.

so after the Mavs season done, who do you want to remain in Dallas and whom you would like to see out?

Dampier must be gone, to begin with. I like his service as a blue collar but his salary pretty much negates it, however, his 13m contract will be a wonderful bait to use when the transfer window opens. No possibility of Dwayne Wade coming, or Joe Johnson or anyone of this caliber, but a 13m/yr worth player shouldn't be too bad at the very least. Iggy? Monta Ellis? all possible names that may be registered at Dallas. Hopefully Donnie will get smart again and make a good signing, for the last championship push, of course.

I'm not sure who else will be gone. Barea? yes, I fucking hate this midget, but the possibility is still out there he remains in dallas because of Carlisle's fetish for him.

Marion? Can't expect him to do much in offense, but his performances in defense are pretty competent for the lowest evaluation.

JET should be the first to move out, but is there any GM retarded enough to adopt him, without exfoliating any equal/worse rubbish to Dallas in return? Negative

Butler has been solid with Mavs, not so good as expected but not too disappointing either. I would only trade him if the exchange looks clearly better, like Iggy for him straight up, otherwise I would rather stick with him instead of attemtping another insipid Lateral Move.

Jason Kidd can only be dealt to LA, as he's too old for rebuilding teams and most other contenders have at least one quality PG each. Derek Fisher is fucking old and always gets centrifuged out of the triangle offense due to his slowness/fatigue. Kidd is no better than him in this case, but they would easily create sufficient resting time for each other, something they both severely lack on their current teams.

Cry Havoc
04-26-2010, 02:34 AM
Why would you want Ellis? He's a volume, low percentage shooter. I agree you need a penetrator, and Iggy would be a far better fit for you guys, if you had the room to sign him.

Terry is the only reason you guys have been in the last 3 games, so I'm not sure how you can justify trading him, although he does suck on D horrifically.

Kidd is awesome, but if you can move him for a guy that can get into the lane, it would be ideal. But who would you want from LA that the Lakers would be willing to deal you? They aren't getting rid of Bynum for old legs, Odom can't help you, and that doesn't leave much on their roster that would upgrade you over Jason.

boston.balla
04-26-2010, 05:25 AM
say whatever you want but i really want dirk to leave dallas and sign with a real contender. He does not deserve what he got from his club. He has HOF talent and play but doesn't have the leadership for idiots like terry/damp/etc. Dirk with some serious but less talented players would have fared alot better imo, so the argument of leadership is jack shit.

You put one of the best leaders in nba on the thuggets, have a one year fluke and then play absolutely the same. There's no player with the leadership to motivate players with idiot mentalities. Who do you want dirk to motivate: contract damp, jho smokie, the jet, max contract matrix, jj-dwade-barea, antoine walker? People who bring up the leadership are just blind.

I would shit my pants so hard laughing if dirk were to sign with san antonio .. this board would go beyond epic.:lmao

sribb43
04-26-2010, 07:40 AM
Mavs cans can't blame JHo, Dick Breathe or Antoine Wright....

ezau
04-26-2010, 08:38 AM
Imagine Dirk alongside TD. Stern would absolutely jizz his pants

Strike
04-26-2010, 11:29 AM

Only if they were playing for the Lakers, that is.

phyzik
04-26-2010, 12:35 PM

Jefferson could opt out, we let Bonner and Mason walk, thats close to 20mil right there. :downspin:

Duncan wouldnt be able to claim the PF spot anymore though :lol

I think a Duncan and Dirk duo along with Manu, Parker and Hill would probably be the sickest lineup in the NBA, bar none.

It's nice to dream but it would never happen.

Findog
04-26-2010, 01:13 PM
Dallas problem for years is that they have a #1 option in Dirk surrounded by several #3 options. At one point in time we had Michael Finley and Steve Nash, but that was before Dirk's prime. Dirk hasn't had that second option since Nash left.

As for next year, assuming Dirk doesn't opt out, or signs an extension, he'll be back. Which means we can say the following about the 2010/11 Mavs:

Dirk, Kidd, Jet, Marion, Carroll, Roddy will be Mavs next year. Jet, Marion and Carroll have contracts that will be extremely difficult to move. Barea has a team option next year for $1.8 million. Dampier has a team option for $13 million that can be declined in August for instant cap savings. Butler and Stevenson have 1 year left on their contracts for $14.6 million total. I believe Tim Thomas has one year left on his contact. Brendan Haywood will be resigned most likely because they have nothing at C after they trade Dampier.

The last chance the Mavs have to do anything in the Dirk Era is how they manage the $32 million dollars worth contracts of Dampier/Butler/Stevenson/Barea/Thomas this summer.

jermaine
04-26-2010, 01:17 PM

Gino & Dirk in a P&R or P&P! Ooooo my dam that would be nice!

DarrinS
04-26-2010, 02:12 PM
I actually feel sorry for Dirk. It sucks that his most aggressive guard is 5'7".

MavDynasty
04-26-2010, 02:19 PM
If only the trio of nash finley and dirk were good defenders...

Cry Havoc
04-26-2010, 02:36 PM
Things the Mavs need:

A lockdown (or at least well above average) defender.

A penetrating guard who can get into the paint at will.

A true 2nd scoring option around Dirk. The closet they've had is Josh Howard and that just won't cut it.

Optional but optimal -- A real post presence. No more placeholders. Dampier and Haywood are just not the answer, they're filler players who eat cap room. A 6'9" player who can score inside would be preferable to one of them.

nkdlunch
04-26-2010, 02:45 PM
their biggest improvement would be to get a new owner

Findog
04-26-2010, 03:25 PM

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this board. Cuban the fan is embarrassing with some of his antics. Cuban the owner is fantastic with his deep pockets and willingness to spend money on his team.

The Grizzlies, Clippers and Warriors need a new owner, not the Mavericks.

Findog
04-26-2010, 03:29 PM
Things the Mavs need:

They have two of those on this roster, but one hasn't played and the other has gotten benched in the second half of the last two games.

They have that on the roster as well. Next year there will be no excuse to not play him 25-30 mpg.

A true 2nd scoring option around Dirk. The closet they've had is Josh Howard and that just won't cut it.

Could't agree more. Haven't had one of those since Michael Finley circa 2000-2002. Dallas isn't going to get any of the premier FAs, but they need to target Iguodala/Brand with Damp/Butler.

Optional but optimal -- A real post presence. No more placeholders. Dampier and Haywood are just not the answer, they're filler players who eat cap room. A 6'9" player who can score inside would be preferable to one of them.

I don't mind bringing Haywood back. They will have to after trading Damp in August since they won't have any other C on the roster. But a post player who can score inside would be nice.

sribb43
04-26-2010, 03:29 PM

gtfo!!!

sribb43
04-26-2010, 03:34 PM
I don't mind bringing Haywood back. They will have to after trading Damp in August since they won't have any other C on the roster. But a post player who can score inside would be nice.

I don't think Haywood comes back. First off, I think he hates Carlisle bc he has been jerked around with his minutes and being in and out of the starting lineup. Also, someone is going to vastly overpay for him bc be is a center. Like I've said before, I think mavs fans overrated him bc they are so used to seeing the garbage in Damp for the past 5 years

nkdlunch
04-26-2010, 03:34 PM
That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this board. Cuban the fan is embarrassing with some of his antics. Cuban the owner is fantastic with his deep pockets and willingness to spend money on his team.

sorry but I gotta disagree. Cuban sticking his nose, talking to the media, getting into the team's business, always around the team is detrimental to an already mentally weak set of players IMO.

LakerHater
04-26-2010, 03:51 PM
I don't think Haywood comes back. First off, I think he hates Carlisle bc he has been jerked around with his minutes and being in and out of the starting lineup. Also, someone is going to vastly overpay for him bc be is a center. Like I've said before, I think mavs fans overrated him bc they are so used to seeing the garbage in Damp for the past 5 years

Man, I'd like to see Haywood in Black & Silver!

Mavs_man_41
04-26-2010, 03:55 PM
suddenly everyone's a fucking expert all the sudden..how bout spur fan goes back to what he's best at, watching his team win games whilst not really knowing what's going on.

Cry Havoc
04-26-2010, 04:07 PM
They have two of those on this roster, but one hasn't played and the other has gotten benched in the second half of the last two games.

Marion and.... ?

And I think Marion's defense is vastly overrated, especially considering he can't produce in a half-court set offense. Bowen wasn't a great offensive player by any means, but at least he could consistently hit the corner trey. Marion is useless against great defensive teams that slow the game down.

They have that on the roster as well. Next year there will be no excuse to not play him 25-30 mpg.

Butler? I haven't seen much from him at all yet. He doesn't seem capable of creating his own shot. What good is a guy who can light the regular season up but shuts down against playoff teams?

Unless you were talking about Barea, or someone else.

What does Haywood do well? He's been consistently outplayed by Dampier in this series, except for Damp's foul trouble. Damp is better on D, and Haywood doesn't do much to score inside.

in2deep
04-26-2010, 04:13 PM
Man, I'd like to see Haywood in Black & Silver!

not me

Shank
04-26-2010, 04:17 PM
suddenly everyone's a fucking expert all the sudden..how bout spur fan goes back to what he's best at, watching his team win games whilst not really knowing what's going on.

You're just now figuring out they specialize in telling everyone else what to think, as though we're all beneath them?

monosylab1k
04-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Marion and.... ?

Stevenson

Butler?

Beaubois

What does Haywood do well?

Catch wide open passes

in2deep
04-26-2010, 04:31 PM

Money is not everything. A rich father can have a shitty kid easily.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5137075

why blame cuban? listen to this ^

Findog
04-26-2010, 04:32 PM
Marion and.... ?

And I think Marion's defense is vastly overrated, especially considering he can't produce in a half-court set offense. Bowen wasn't a great offensive player by any means, but at least he could consistently hit the corner trey. Marion is useless against great defensive teams that slow the game down.

I wish Marion had been out there in crunch time at the end of Game 3. I cringe seeing JJB checking Parker in clutch situations. The Suns used to cross match with him and Nash and stick Nash on Bowen. I'm not saying Parker wouldn't have hit those three clutch jumpers over Marion, but I'd rather take my chances with him guarding Parker over JJB.

I also have a hard time understanding why Marion was so effective in the first half of G4 and then Carlisle elected to not play him much at all in the second half. If he's so useless against the Spurs that they can't risk giving him minutes, then why was he so effective in the first half when Dallas built a 15-pt lead? Shouldn't you go with what is working? If the argument is that the game bogs down into half-court sets and Marion is useless there, why was that not the case in the first half?

Butler? I haven't seen much from him at all yet. He doesn't seem capable of creating his own shot. What good is a guy who can light the regular season up but shuts down against playoff teams?

No, not Butler. Roddy Beaubois. I doubt Butler will be here next year. He has one year left on his contract after this season and will most likely be packaged with Damp.

What does Haywood do well?

Catch passes and finish at the rim. Something Damp can't do. The Mavs have a valuable trading chip in Damp's contract and he won't be a Mav come training camp in October. Without him, there's no C left on the roster. I'm sure the Mavs will want to resign Haywood. He's not a franchise big man by any means, but he's a lot better than most options available.

Findog
04-26-2010, 04:36 PM
Money is not everything. A rich father can have a shitty kid easily.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5137075

why blame cuban? listen to this ^

I watched the first two seconds of that clip and saw Skip Bayless on that panel, so I didn't watch it. Why would you want me to watch it? What possible insight does Skip Bayless have about anything?

Cuban the fan is frequently a jackass with his antics. Cuban the owner is fantastic. The Mavs didn't get the #1 pick in the lottery twice netting them a franchise center and the greatest PF in the history of the league, nor did Cuban inherit Gregg Popovich as his coach when he bought the team. Peter Holt never paid the luxury tax until this year. I would much rather have Cuban than Holt. Cuban has never spared any expense or effort to win a championship. As a Mavs fan, I cringe when he talks trash about how dirty the River Walk is or how he "hates" the Spurs, but I can see the forest for the trees.

But you're right: the Mavs were much better off when Ross Perot Jr. owned the team and he treated the basketball team as just another one of his holdings that he wanted to squeeze a profit out of.:rolleyes

mavsfan1000
04-26-2010, 04:37 PM
Fire Carlisle.
Keep Nowitzki, Marion, Haywood, and Roddy. Everyone else can GTFO

in2deep
04-26-2010, 04:37 PM
I watched the first two seconds of that clip and saw Skip Bayless on that panel, so I didn't watch it.

watch the first half. Skip talks at the end so you can close it then :)

sonic21
04-26-2010, 04:40 PM

idiotic post. Not surprising though.

Findog
04-26-2010, 04:42 PM
watch the first half. Skip talks at the end so you can close it then :)

Formulate an argument for yourself instead of telling me to watch ESPN. Tell me why Mark Cuban is a detriment to the Dallas Mavericks basketball team. I don't care if he says stupid shit like "I hate the Spurs" or "The River Walk is dirty" or plays the part of a heel like the NBA is professional wrestling. I wish he didn't, but that's not his personality. Mark Cuban has no bearing on how the players play or how the coaches and scouts institute a game plan.

in2deep
04-26-2010, 04:43 PM
Formulate an argument for yourself instead of telling me to watch ESPN. Tell me why Mark Cuban is a detriment to the Dallas Mavericks basketball team. I don't care if he says stupid shit like "I hate the Spurs" or "The River Walk is dirty" or plays the part of a heel like the NBA is professional wrestling. I wish he didn't, but that's not his personality. Mark Cuban has no bearing on how the players play or how the coaches and scouts institute a game plan.

like someone else said. Him sitting right behind Mavs bench and shouting at teamates, officials, and his own players is detrimental to the Mavs.

Imagine your boss sitting right behind you and yelling shit while you work. That is assuming you have a job.

oh and BTW, if you don't think Cuban saying he hates the Spurs didn't help a little to ignite the Spurs, you are naive

nkdlunch
04-26-2010, 04:48 PM
Bingo! that is exactly what i was talking about.

who would like their boss sitting and getting all emotional while you work. Be professional fucking idiot Cuban.

Cuban treats this as his hobby and entertainment, he does not see this as a professional competition, if the owner treats it like this, not surprised the players and coaches also treat is as a joke.

Findog
04-26-2010, 04:48 PM
like someone else said. Him sitting right behind Mavs bench and shouting at teamates, officials, and his own players is detrimental to the Mavs.

Have you ever seen Mark Cuban wade into the middle of a huddle and instruct the players instead of the coaches? Have you ever seen Mark Cuban scream at his players? Do you have proof that his yelling at the refs causes the refs to put aside their professionalism and screw the Mavs out of calls?

oh and BTW, if you don't think Cuban saying he hates the Spurs helped a little ignite the Spurs, you are naive

Yeah, the Spurs didn't decide to try and win the series until he said that. Great reasoning. :lol

Findog
04-26-2010, 04:49 PM
Bingo! that is exactly what i was talking about.

who would like their boss sitting and getting all emotional while you work. Be professional fucking idiot Cuban

So the reason the Mavs are losing this series is because Mark Cuban yells at the refs, and not because Gregg Popovich has been coaching circles around Rick Carlisle, and the San Antonio guard rotation (Parker, Manu, Hill) has been much superior to Dallas (Kidd, Terry, Barea). Got it. Great take! :toast

nkdlunch
04-26-2010, 04:51 PM
Have you ever seen Mark Cuban scream at his players?

Many times.

Do you have proof that his yelling at the refs causes the refs to put aside their professionalism and screw the Mavs out of calls?

he is looking at a ref and screaming shit on national TV.

Yeah, the Spurs didn't decide to try and win the series until he said that. Great reasoning. :lol

I think the point is, Spurs got alittle more motivated.

nkdlunch
04-26-2010, 04:51 PM
So the reason the Mavs are losing this series is because Mark Cuban yells at the refs, and not because Gregg Popovich has been coaching circles around Rick Carlisle, and the San Antonio guard rotation (Parker, Manu, Hill) has been much superior to Dallas (Kidd, Terry, Barea). Got it. Great take! :toast

no I didn't say that. I said Cuban acting more professional and shuttingup would be a great start to mavericks improving.

monosylab1k
04-26-2010, 04:56 PM
Findog if you don't think Mark Cuban hasn't give the Spurs some form of bulletin board material, you're crazy. It's not the main reason they're winning the series, but it never hurts to have a little extra motivation and Mark was more than happy to give it to them.

I wonder why he made those "I hate the Spurs" comments this year. tbh I think it's because the Mavs were favored and he, like alot of other "experts", had the Mavs winning this thing for sure. He sure wasn't talking shit a year ago when the Mavs were the underdogs.

Findog
04-26-2010, 04:57 PM
no I didn't say that. I said Cuban acting more professional and shuttingup would be a great start to mavericks improving.

I wish he would calm down too, but it has no bearing on W's and L's. Some of what he does is embarrassing, but he's a fantastic owner. He deserves a lot of credit for making the NBA and pro basketball relevant again in Dallas. Twelve years ago a good year for the Mavs would've been challenging for a playoff spot. Now going home in the first round is considered disappointing and a bad year.

If those BSPN idiots are holding up this series as proof that Cuban has an effect on W's and L's, other than the personnel decisions by Donnie and Rick that he has signed off on, then they don't know what they're talking about.

Findog
04-26-2010, 05:00 PM
Findog if you don't think Mark Cuban hasn't give the Spurs some form of bulletin board material, you're crazy. It's not the main reason they're winning the series, but it never hurts to have a little extra motivation and Mark was more than happy to give it to them.

Yeah, he gave them "bulletin board material." So what? It's not the main reason they're winning the series; it's not in any way a factor as to why they're winning the series. All his comments have served to do is make it extra sweet when the Spurs get revenge for 2006 and 2009. They were plenty motivated coming in.

I wonder why he made those "I hate the Spurs" comments this year. tbh I think it's because the Mavs were favored and he, like alot of other "experts", had the Mavs winning this thing for sure. He sure wasn't talking shit a year ago when the Mavs were the underdogs.

Because as a fan, he's a cocky jackass. And he'll have to live with people laughing at him and his team for running his mouth when the Spurs inevitably win this series. But to say it has had any bearing on what has happened out on the court, I just can't get behind that idea at all.

monosylab1k
04-26-2010, 05:02 PM
Yeah, he gave them "bulletin board material." So what? It's not the main reason they're winning the series, it's not in any way a factor as to why they're winning the series. All his comments have served to do is make it extra sweet when the Spurs get revenge for 2006 and 2009. They were plenty motivated coming in.

tbh I think the only reason you trivialize bulletin board material so much is because the Mavericks never have it and never use it. And they're always the ones giving it out.

Findog
04-26-2010, 05:02 PM
It is my firm wish for Cuban to exhibit more humility when the Mavs only have a Western Conference championship to their resume during his tenure, but I don't think any of his playing the heel has an effect on what takes place on the court.

Findog
04-26-2010, 05:06 PM
tbh I think the only reason you trivialize bulletin board material so much is because the Mavericks never have it and never use it. And they're always the ones giving it out.

"Bulletin board material" doesn't make teams player harder or better. I've always believed the tangible effect of "bulletin board material" is marginal to practically non-existent. If you need to read an article to get sufficient motivation to play better, you have problems. All it means is that when this series is over, the Spurs and their fans can utter witty bon mots like "I guess he just "hates" watching us advance while his team goes fishing."

Shank
04-26-2010, 05:08 PM
Wasn't that "hate the Spurs" comment taken out of context in the first place?

monosylab1k
04-26-2010, 05:10 PM
"Bulletin board material" doesn't make teams player harder or better. I've always believed the tangible effect of "bulletin board material" is marginal to practically non-existent. If you need to read an article to get sufficient motivation to play better, you have problems. All it means is that when this series is over, the Spurs and their fans can utter witty bon mots like "I guess he just "hates" watching us advance while his team goes fishing."

I guess that's the rationalization you have to make when the Mavs are always the team on the ass end of a series fueled with bulletin board material. Whether it's Cuban on Letterman/making the parade route in 06, tanking the final game against the Warriors and showing no respect in 07, or telling everyone how much he hates the Spurs now.......somehow the Mavs always seem to lose.

But you're right, it has nothing to do with bulletin board material. It's not like having the Mavs, or representatives of the Mavs, act like cocky assholes towards the other team might galvanize them or anything like that. I'm sure it's all just coincidence.

Findog
04-26-2010, 05:12 PM

Stuff like that always is. Remember when the Mavs were "planning a parade" before winning the championship? And as it turns out, Laura Miller's office had made contingency plans for a parade and it leaked out, and the Mavs had nothing to do with it at all? And the narrative became "You guys need to win a title before planning the parade?"

monosylab1k
04-26-2010, 05:15 PM
Stuff like that always is. Remember when the Mavs were "planning a parade" before winning the championship? And as it turns out, Laura Miller's office had made contingency plans for a parade and it leaked out, and the Mavs had nothing to do with it at all? And the narrative became "You guys need to win a title before planning the parade?"

:lmao why put a spin on that story? they planned the parade and looked retarded for doing it. end of story.

SPURSCHAMP
04-26-2010, 05:15 PM
imagine dirk and manu, the two ultimate floppers

monosylab1k
04-26-2010, 05:16 PM

Did the words "I hate the Spurs" have to come out of his piehole in any context? He can't just keep his fucking mouth shut? Oh wait, it's Mark Cuban, no he can't.

Findog
04-26-2010, 05:18 PM
Whether it's Cuban on Letterman/making the parade route in 06,

The Mavs had nothing to do with that. As somebody who considers himself a die-hard fan, you should know better than to accept that myth that the Mavs were "making parade plans before bothering to win the series." And you honestly believe that if Mark Cuban had not gone on Letterman, that the Mavs would've won the Finals? That's the argument you're making? Wow.

tanking the final game against the Warriors and showing no respect in 07, or telling everyone how much he hates the Spurs now.......somehow the Mavs always seem to lose.

Right, which is why we're looking at 10 straight first-round exits. We're the Houston Rockets. Dirk is a second-round virgin, just like T-Mac.

But you're right, it has nothing to do with bulletin board material. It's not like having the Mavs, or representatives of the Mavs, act like cocky assholes towards the other team might galvanize them or anything like that. I'm sure it's all just coincidence.

Bulletin-board material is something for fans to talk about. These two teams (Mavs and Spurs) hate each other already, and the Spurs in particularly were pretty fired up to avenge 2006 and 2009. That, along with Popovich PWNING Carlisle, and the San Antonio guards getting whatever they want, is why the Spurs are winning this series. What Cuban said has no bearing on anything. It's just something for some disappointed and angry Mavs fans to hash out because they're frustrated their team is down 3-1. Cuban was just as obnoxious and brash in 2006. Why weren't the Spurs "galvanized" and "motivated" enough to shut his ass up back then?

This is just something that is embarrassing and reflects poorly on the Mavs and Mavs fans because he talked shit and his team couldn't back it up. But if you're arguing that what he said has an effect on what actually takes place out on the court, that's hilarious.

Findog
04-26-2010, 05:19 PM
:lmao why put a spin on that story? they planned the parade and looked retarded for doing it. end of story.

No, they didn't. I guess we can't have a debate or a discussion on this when we can't even agree on basic facts.

King K
04-26-2010, 05:21 PM
Dirk will end up like KG... KG tried so hard to win ring in minnesota but wasn't able to do it and he end up going to Boston and won title there.

Dirk need to do something like that.. go to some team on EAST.. may be Miami with Wade or Atlanta with Joe Johnson..

monosylab1k
04-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Well you've been so right about the team this season I guess I'd better defer to you.

It's not like I predicted the Spurs would be up 3-1 right now or anything.

badfish22
04-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Things the Mavs need:

1. Marion. Maybe not for Manu, but he does a great job defending Melo, Kobe and Durant. But for how much longer will he be quick enough to do so...

2. Roddy Beaubois. He will improve a lot next year and should get 20+ mpg.

3. Thats the story of Mavfans lives.

4. Drew Gooden? lol. I don't know what we could get there.

m33p0
04-26-2010, 05:26 PM
how bout trading for this guy? above-average quickness, can score some, pass some, and has playoff experience to boot. i think he played in finals series a few years ago. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=2382

monosylab1k
04-26-2010, 05:27 PM
how bout trading for this guy? above-average quickness, can score some, pass some, and has playoff experience to boot. i think he played in finals series a few years ago. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=2382

Not interested in somebody who sucks so bad he can barely lead his team past the 9-73 worst team ever mark.

ElNono
04-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Actually, a legitimate post option would do wonders for Dallas. I mean a guy like Kaman/Brand would really make a huge difference. But we've been saying this for 5+ seasons now...

badfish22
04-26-2010, 05:30 PM

Roddy will be better with time

badfish22
04-26-2010, 05:30 PM
Actually, a legitimate post option would do wonders for Dallas. I mean a guy like Kaman/Brand would really make a huge difference. But we've been saying this for 25+ seasons now...

Findog
04-26-2010, 05:32 PM
Well you've been so right about the team this season I guess I'd better defer to you.

It's not like I predicted the Spurs would be up 3-1 right now or anything.

Yeah, you predicted Butler and Marion would be benched in favor of JJB. You started jizzing your pants back in March and made plans for the Conference Finals about how "WE STACKED" right after the trade. Why can't I call you out for miffing that one? You said this team would quit at the first sign of adversity in the playoffs and crawl into the fetal position, when that's not how the series has played out at all. Instead they've been shooting themselves in the foot and having to climb uphill. So yeah, you're batting .1000.

You seem to be under the impression that Dirk for Kobe was ever a possibility when it wasn't (see Kobe's no-trade clause). You've been pining for the Mavs to trade for Baron Davis (:lmao) and Chris Kaman (long contract and history of foot problems) as if those two players are some sort of magical elixir for what ails this team.

The Mavs lost two winnable games in San Antonio by a grand total of 7 points when you said that they had no chance at winning them at all because they are "front-running jump-shooting pussies." Where is the post where you predicted Rick Carlisle would coach this team out of the series? You seem awfully cocky about how the Mavs had no shot at all in this series when they're one non-idiot coach away from being up 3-1.

m33p0
04-26-2010, 05:34 PM
Roddy will be better with time
You think so? admittedly, all i've seen from him were those short 5 minutes a game back.

monosylab1k
04-26-2010, 05:35 PM
Actually, a legitimate post option would do wonders for Dallas. I mean a guy like Kaman/Brand would really make a huge difference. But we've been saying this for 5+ seasons now...

Hmm so Jason Kidd has been awful this postseason. We've really needed a quicker PG who is a threat offensively. Maybe a strong, athletic PG like....ohhh.....I don't know.....I'll just throw out the name Baron Davis. And you say a post presence like Chris Kaman would make a difference?

Wow, if only there was some way we could have traded Jason Kidd for Baron Davis AND Chris Kaman. I know, I know, it's a pipe dream to even think about it. Nobody would be that stupid to offer those two for only Jason Kidd.

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/02/why-wouldnt-mavs-want-baron-davis-and-ch.html

oh, you mean that offer was on the table? and Dallas turned it down? lol wut?

monosylab1k
04-26-2010, 05:37 PM
You've been pining for the Mavs to trade for Baron Davis (:lmao) and Chris Kaman (long contract and history of foot problems) as if those two players are some sort of magical elixir for what ails this team.

Yeah, an athletic point guard with offensive skills and a big man with post skills is something the Mavs have spilling out their assholes it's so plentiful.

monosylab1k
04-26-2010, 05:40 PM
All I know is I said the Mavs would be down 3-1 in this series right now and got scoffed by every Mavs fan on this board. I said BACK IN MARCH that this team would not get out of the 1st round.

And I also said if they played to their potential, they'd be in the Western Conference Finals. Unfortunately that came with the disclaimer that there's no way in hell they'd play to their potential consistently enough to get there.

clambake
04-26-2010, 05:45 PM
All I know is I said the Mavs would be down 3-1 in this series right now and got scoffed by every Mavs fan on this board.

don't put me in there. I said weeks ago that this team couldn't win a championship, and for that reason they should give roddy major minutes.

even if by some miracle they were to beat the spurs.

SPURSCHAMP
04-26-2010, 05:47 PM
mavs would do good with d-will

badfish22
04-26-2010, 05:56 PM

We would also be good with Lebron

Findog
04-26-2010, 06:26 PM
Yeah, an athletic point guard with offensive skills and a big man with post skills is something the Mavs have spilling out their assholes it's so plentiful.

I love that you posted that link as if that vindicates anything. What team would trade for a big man with $50 million left on his contract and a history of foot problems? Even Yao Ming and Bill Walton occasionally made it through a season relatively intact. And what team would trade for Baron Davis when he sucks and has that contract? Ever wonder why the Clippers so desperately want to unload him?

Now, a Baron Davis who gave a shit and played hard all the time, that's a different story. It's hard to fault the Mavs for not taking a chance on either of those guys. You'd rip Donnie to shreds at the first sign of Davis going through the motions or Kaman getting hurt. I'd like Kaman on the Mavs, but not if I have to take Baron Davis too. That guy is poison and cancer.

TheSullyMonster
04-26-2010, 06:27 PM

Come on, how many teams wouldn't be better with d-will at the point?:lol

Ghazi
04-26-2010, 06:29 PM
mono; bulletin board material doesnt mean anything in the NBA playoffs. Spurs are a veteran team that knows they have few shots left at a ring and wouldn't need any more motivation.

Also if the Mavs resting in '07 v W's is bulletin board material then so wouldn't the Spurs resting this year v Mavs in final game? But that hasn't worked out for us :lol

Findog
04-26-2010, 06:30 PM
All I know is I said the Mavs would be down 3-1 in this series right now and got scoffed by every Mavs fan on this board.

Isn't "scoffed" a pretty strong word? Neither Spurs in 6 or Mavs in 7 is an outrageous basketball opinion.

I said BACK IN MARCH that this team would not get out of the 1st round.

Aren't you the originator of the 'WE STACKED' meme?

Ghazi
04-26-2010, 06:30 PM
Oh, and Chris Kaman fucking sucks.

Findog
04-26-2010, 06:33 PM
Oh, and Chris Kaman fucking sucks.

The guy played in 56 games in 2008 and 31 games in 2009. No GM in his right mind would trade for that guy and his contract under those conditions. And to have to take on Baron "I play hard 15% of the time and show up to training camp 20 lbs overweight" Davis and his contract as well? No thanks.

jack sommerset
04-26-2010, 06:35 PM
Unless Dirk has given up on them and leaves, this team will stay the same next year.

If anything, JJ needs to go so that coach of theirs will never pull that BS again. What a freaken IDIOT! I still think the Mavs will beat SA.

monosylab1k
04-26-2010, 06:47 PM
mono; bulletin board material doesnt mean anything in the NBA playoffs. Spurs are a veteran team that knows they have few shots left at a ring and wouldn't need any more motivation.

Also if the Mavs resting in '07 v W's is bulletin board material then so wouldn't the Spurs resting this year v Mavs in final game? But that hasn't worked out for us :lol

Apparently the Mavericks don't use bulletin board material. They've also been a part of some of the most embarrassing playoff defeats in NBA history. I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

monosylab1k
04-26-2010, 06:47 PM
Aren't you the originator of the 'WE STACKED' meme?

not even close.

Basketballgirl25
04-26-2010, 06:49 PM

you forgot to say Nets need a new owner.

oh yeah, wait never mind I forgot they are getting a new owner Mikhail Prokhorov sometime. Hopefully he is owner before the draft. And he will be even better then Cuban, because I'm sure Cuban would party with the players on the Mavs:lol, had to see 60 minutes when he was on to understand that

Mavs_man_41
04-26-2010, 06:49 PM
The guy played in 56 games in 2008 and 31 games in 2009. No GM in his right mind would trade for that guy and his contract under those conditions. And to have to take on Baron "I play hard 15% of the time and show up to training camp 20 lbs overweight" Davis and his contract as well? No thanks.

what does it matter? we suck ass now and in the immediate future anyway

Ghazi
04-26-2010, 06:50 PM
Bitch nobody asked about the Nets

monosylab1k
04-26-2010, 06:51 PM
Isn't "scoffed" a pretty strong word? Neither Spurs in 6 or Mavs in 7 is an outrageous basketball opinion.

You gotta be fucking kidding me. I said in march this team was doomed to go out in the first round and everybody scoffed that. In my Spurs In 6, thread, you claimed my prediction was the "most cynical, pessimistic outlook possible". Now suddenly it's just as reasonable a prediction as Mavs in 7? Don't try to spin this like you and Ghazi spin everything to sound as pro-Mavs as possible.

Ghazi
04-26-2010, 06:52 PM
You gotta be fucking kidding me. I said in march this team was doomed to go out in the first round and everybody scoffed that. In my Spurs In 6, thread, you claimed my prediction was the "most cynical, pessimistic outlook possible". Now suddenly it's just as reasonable a prediction as Mavs in 7? Don't try to spin this like you and Ghazi spin everything to sound as pro-Mavs as possible.

:nope:nope

Findog
04-26-2010, 06:57 PM
You gotta be fucking kidding me. I said in march this team was doomed to go out in the first round and everybody scoffed that.

You said they would lose no matter who they played. They would've beaten Portland, Denver or Phoenix. Instead they drew the hottest team in the West. It's underachieving to be 1-3 instead of 2-2 right now, but don't act like you saw this exact scenario play out back in March.

In my Spurs In 6, thread, you claimed my prediction was the "most cynical, pessimistic outlook possible". Now suddenly it's just as reasonable a prediction as Mavs in 7? Don't try to spin this like you and Ghazi spin everything to sound as pro-Mavs as possible.

You didn't say Pop would coach circles around Rick and that Marion and Butler would take a backseat to JJB. You didn't say anything about the San Antonio guards raping the Mavs guards. You did the whole psycho-analysis schtick whereby you said the Mavs would be 'front-running jump-shooting pussies' who would quit at the first sign of adversity. That has not happened. Considering Dallas is losing this series for coaching and basketball reasons, why would fellow Mavs fans want to read you ripping this team's character and guts, since apparently they are 'front-running jump-shooting pussies' who quit at the first sign of trouble? If that were the case, the last two games would've been blowouts.

Rip Carlisle for not trusting Roddy, his shoddy coaching and not having enough bball IQ to complement Kidd and Dirk, but I don't understand how you have been vindicated by your claim that they are a bunch of 'front-running jump-shooting' pussies who would feel sorry for themselves and quit.

Findog
04-26-2010, 07:01 PM
not even close.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148258

I don't listen to hip hop, so maybe the Jay Z video in the OP is some sort of ironic statement then?

But since you're a prophet whose basketball wisdom cannot be questioned, I can't question you ranking Denver and Dallas ahead of the Lakers? I can't question you thinking Gerald Green had what it takes to be a productive NBA player?

word
04-26-2010, 07:05 PM
If Dirk doesn't try to blow out of there he's crazy. Harder said than done to get to a team vying for a title.

Tell you what could be interesting...if LA loses in the first round as Dallas, there is going to be some interesting trades.

Findog
04-26-2010, 07:08 PM
If Dirk doesn't try to blow out of there he's crazy. Harder said than done to get to a team vying for a title.

Tell you what could be interesting...if LA loses in the first round as Dallas, there is going to be some interesting trades.

He's got a player option for $22 million next year. There's like 8 teams under the cap and none of them offer a better situation than Dallas. Doubt he's going anywhere.

monosylab1k
04-26-2010, 07:11 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148258

I don't listen to hip hop, so maybe the Jay Z video in the OP is some sort of ironic statement then?

But since you're a prophet whose basketball wisdom cannot be questioned, I can't question you ranking Denver and Dallas ahead of the Lakers? I can't question you thinking Gerald Green had what it takes to be a productive NBA player?

Nothing I said in that thread isn't true. The Mavericks are stacked and the Mavericks have what it takes to beat the Lakers. I never said the Mavericks suck. I said they're jump shooting front runners who will underacheive come playoff time.

And Gerald Green was given a Roddy Beaubois level of chance on the Mavericks. Meaning no chance at all. You know this as well as I do.

Findog
04-26-2010, 07:15 PM
Nothing I said in that thread isn't true.

So you stand behind Denver > Dallas > Lakers?

And Gerald Green was given a Roddy Beaubois level of chance on the Mavericks. Meaning no chance at all. You know this as well as I do

Roddy is a big part of the Mavs future plans. If Carlisle doesn't give him regular, consistent minutes next year, it will be his last coaching the team. Rick can't use the "he's an unprepared rookie" excuse anymore. They took a flier on Green and nothing more.

Ghazi
04-26-2010, 07:17 PM
Is Carlisle under contract next year?

Findog
04-26-2010, 07:19 PM
Is Carlisle under contract next year?

He'll be back next year. But if Roddy doesn't get a consistent role, and the Mavs go out in the first round again, he won't be coaching this team in 2011/12.

mavsfan1000
04-26-2010, 07:21 PM
He'll be back next year. But if Roddy doesn't get a consistent role, and the Mavs go out in the first round again, he won't be coaching this team in 2011/12.
I fully expect Cuban to fire Carlisle after this year.

Basketballgirl25
04-27-2010, 12:32 AM
Bitch nobody asked about the Nets

chill chill, no need to get made at me, I'm not a Mav be mad at them, they are the ones losing 3-1 to Spurs.

I was just saying what Findog left out, he listed teams that needed new owners, and Nets still have the Rat till the new guy takes over so they do need a new owner. Basketball is just a game, maybe if your are calling someone a bitch you need to step away from the game, great for life makes it much more enjoyable:toast:flag:

Rogue
04-27-2010, 09:36 AM
I fully expect Cuban to fire Carlisle after this year.
Then who's the guy that you think will probably supersede this retard? Larry Brown? Brown has been working good with Bobcats so I don't see him leaving them this coming summer. Coach K? I don't seriously think he will come to coach an NBA team, even if he decides to test the swamp, most likely the Nets will be his choice based on the rumors. JVG? com'on...

Basketballgirl25
04-27-2010, 03:50 PM
He's got a player option for $22 million next year. There's like 8 teams under the cap and none of them offer a better situation than Dallas. Doubt he's going anywhere.

Dirk isn't going anywhere, he would be stupid if he doesn't at least think about it, but he seems to loyal so even if he could go somewhere and win, I don't think he would. Could be wrong though, being a teammate of Kidd some things might rub off on him:lol

da_suns_fan
04-27-2010, 03:53 PM
Jefferson could opt out, we let Bonner and Mason walk, thats close to 20mil right there. :downspin:

Duncan wouldnt be able to claim the PF spot anymore though :lol

I think a Duncan and Dirk duo along with Manu, Parker and Hill would probably be the sickest lineup in the NBA, bar none.

It's nice to dream but it would never happen.

Jefferson is more likely to give his salary to me than he is to opt out.

mavsfan1000
04-27-2010, 05:56 PM
Then who's the guy that you think will probably supersede this retard? Larry Brown? Brown has been working good with Bobcats so I don't see him leaving them this coming summer. Coach K? I don't seriously think he will come to coach an NBA team, even if he decides to test the swamp, most likely the Nets will be his choice based on the rumors. JVG? com'on...
Dwayne Casey