PDA

View Full Version : The Home Crowd

xellos88330
04-26-2010, 02:32 AM
It is no secret that the Mavs can crumble under pressure. It was up to all of us to make them as uncomfortable as possible and yell with delight as the threads of sanity started to unravel in the minds of the Mavericks.

I love you all for making the AT&T Center a nightmare for the Mavs thus far.

If the Mavs haven't lost their will to fight and win Game 5, let us repay their resolve with an arena that will serve them a bitter reminder of '07. The roar of so many fans of the Silver and Black will be the nail in the coffin of the season that 'could have been' yet again for the Mavericks.

:ihit

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

z0sa
04-26-2010, 02:34 AM
The earliest game I want in San Antonio now is Game 3 of the WCSF.

xellos88330
04-26-2010, 02:36 AM
The earliest game I want in San Antonio now is Game 3 of the WCSF.

Agreed.

I have no voice right now and even taste blood when I try to talk. I need time to heal. If anything I will bring a fuckin' tuba or something.

tuncaboylu
04-26-2010, 02:39 AM
I'm from Turkey and i'm watching games on TV. There are only a few teams' crowd amazed me until last night. Golden State in 2006, Miami same year, Detroit in 2004, Oklahama this year. And now I should admit that our fan was unbeliviable last night and they put the real pressure over Dallas players. I don't think that Dallas players' have too much hope on winning a game on this court after this game, even they won Game 5 on their own ground.

Congrats to all the fans.

Avitus1
04-26-2010, 02:41 AM
It was great to be in the crowd. I can't wait for the next home game!

z0sa
04-26-2010, 02:49 AM
Agreed.

I have no voice right now and even taste blood when I try to talk. I need time to heal. If anything I will bring a fuckin' tuba or something.

:lmao :tu

At least beat the hell outta some thundastix.

I am saving for a playoff game and hopefully will be at one of these grand events myself soon.

Waps1980
04-26-2010, 03:29 AM
Hi from Australia I wish I was there would be amazing to watch a game like game 4.

The crowd noise was great.
Keep it up guys and girls!

MaNu4Tres
04-26-2010, 03:30 AM
Spurs need to close this out in 5 and get Duncan, Manu, and Dyess as much rest as possible.

Suns/Blazers series looks like it's going the distance and Spurs could benefit from the few extra days of rest.

And I agree xellos,the ATT Center sounded like it was rocking. You all did your part to help ignite the Spurs' during their run in the 3rd and 4th quarters. :toast

Hopefully I can join the fun sometime soon.

Keep it up San Antonio.

Buddy Holly
04-26-2010, 04:28 AM
From Dejuan's twitter:

RT @MoneyMase: GREAT WIN!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's get 1 more in Dallas!!! Spurs fans were crazy loud tonight!

Dejuan's response in bold.

Bukefal
04-26-2010, 05:26 AM
I was able to stay up late and watch the game last night, no obligations today and it was awesome, the game and the crowd!! Keep doing so.

:flag::flag::flag:

SpurOutofTownFan
04-26-2010, 09:47 AM
Spurs need to put the Dallas crowd to sleep during game 5.

jb4g
04-26-2010, 09:47 AM
The crowd at the last 2 games has been the loudest ive seen in 3 years, I think it was a blessing to get Dallas in the first round, provides that rivalry to really get the fans in the game. Props to everyone who went and shredded their vocal cords.

Spursmania
04-26-2010, 09:59 AM
Agreed.

No shit. I can't talk this morning. I was yelling and everyone around me was yelling like rabid dogs. It was awesome, and we did our jobs as fans last night. The Spurs did theirs and took care of business. It was a meeting of the minds. :toast

SpurCharger
04-26-2010, 10:00 AM
Oh it would be Awesome to end there season in there home arena..... I just want to make sure the Camera Man has a good shot Of cubans Face when the Clock Hits 00:00...

Spurs7794
04-26-2010, 10:14 AM
Alot of people complain about our fans during the regular season, and I do think they could be louder for reg games. However, i think its awesome how amazing that building sounded on tv the last two games...spurs fans know when to bring it and its a start contrast to regular season games.

Creation88
04-26-2010, 10:21 AM
i was in the crowd that last two nights and the noise was off the chain crazy. loved it.

Mixability
04-26-2010, 10:45 AM
make them Mavs fans leave early again...... preferably at the start of the 4th

PopRocks
04-26-2010, 10:48 AM
Was there too and it was GREAT!

However, I was disappointed with :10 to go and up by 5 people started for the exits. Mavs and refs almost made a comeback.

The way our guys played, everyone should have stayed and given them a standing O!

SAGambler
04-26-2010, 10:57 AM
Spurs need to put the Dallas crowd to sleep during game 5.

What the Spurs need to do is send the fans scrambling for the exits at halftime. A nice 25, 30 point lead should do it.

Sausage
04-26-2010, 10:59 AM
Went to both games 3 and 4. Both crowds were AWESOME! I've heard the AT&T Center crowd louder a few times in the past (Game 1 against Phoenix after the Timmy 3), but the AT&T Center crowds have really stepped up. The playoff atmosphere in the arena is just awesome!

SAGambler
04-26-2010, 10:59 AM
Oh it would be Awesome to end there season in there home arena..... I just want to make sure the Camera Man has a good shot Of cubans Face when the Clock Hits 00:00...

If it's obvious the Mavs are headed for the fishing pier, I doubt you will be able to find Cubans face in the crowd. He will already be keeping company with his whining towel.

coyotes_geek
04-26-2010, 11:03 AM
If it's obvious the Mavs are headed for the fishing pier, I doubt you will be able to find Cubans face in the crowd. He will already be keeping company with his whining towel.

I'd say we can both depend on cuban 1) being there and 2) getting himself fined by mouthing off to either one of the Spurs or one of the refs should the Spurs win.

EricB
04-26-2010, 11:52 AM
Went to both games 3 and 4. Both crowds were AWESOME! I've heard the AT&T Center crowd louder a few times in the past (Game 1 against Phoenix after the Timmy 3), but the AT&T Center crowds have really stepped up. The playoff atmosphere in the arena is just awesome!

I love a playoff atmosphere. Bot alot of things in life match it. It really gets the adrenaline pumping and after the game your physically worn out :lol

that being said I've heard louder crowds in there BUT the crowds for 3 and 4 were good.

rasho8
04-26-2010, 11:56 AM
i cant talk so well this morning.

And for all those saying they want to save up for playoff tickets you can get the cheap seats for 10 bucks a seat first round.

boutons_deux
04-26-2010, 11:57 AM
I was most affected, almost to tears, by the ATT crowd noise heard on TV ...

15 MINUTES BEFORE!

... the start of Game7 of 05 Finals. Talk about pumped! wow!

E-RockWill
04-26-2010, 12:11 PM
I caught the intro's & National Anthem in the home tunnel. When Chris Boss was playing along w/ the arena music on his guitar, I think that really set the tone. I walked back & my first comment was "This building is electric right now". Very impressed by the home crowd this series & I really do believe that this kind of energy is important.

MoSpur
04-26-2010, 12:26 PM
I have to admit that I've been disappointed with the crowds at the AT&T Center in recent past seasons. However, these past two games made up for that. Those two crowds were awesome. No doubt the noise helped the Spurs win.

DesignatedT
04-26-2010, 12:27 PM
these last 2 games were the best I've been to since 2006 game 7 vs dallas. way louder than the finals in 07 or any of the playoff games in 08.

word
04-26-2010, 12:29 PM
I've seen it louder. I was still able to hold a conversation with my friend. I've seen it where that isn't possible. Where even if you yelled in their ear from 6 inches, they couldn't understand you.

I have a decibal meter on my iPhone, I'll start testing it, and reporting.

DesignatedT
04-26-2010, 12:35 PM
there is definitely been times where it's been louder (duncan shot in 04 against LA, Manu 3 against dallas in 06) off the top of my head are the loudest times i have ever seen it but for the most part it was consistently loud all game... havn't seen that since game 7 of the 2006 semi-finals.

ersinert
04-26-2010, 12:50 PM
U guys were great last night, but im from Turkey and i wish there was a way that we could put some fans of ours in AT&T center. No home game loss, i assure u:)

JudynTX
04-26-2010, 01:15 PM
It was great to be in the crowd. I can't wait for the next home game!

:tu I yelled so loud, I think I lost a lung. If you find it, let me know. :lol

The standing room only section was pretty rowdy too., lots of Mavs fans after the game wiping away tears. :lmao

Tp9gospursgo
04-26-2010, 01:29 PM
I was in section 222 and the crowd was crazy up there! Someone tried to start a chant " Dirks a pussy" clap clap clap clap clap. :lol:lol Plus there were 2 Mavs fans sitting right behind us talking crap the whole game til the middle of the third. He got so mad he broke his noisemaker. :lmao. Gotta love the playoffs

JudynTX
04-26-2010, 01:33 PM
I was in section 222 and the crowd was crazy up there! Someone tried to start a chant " Dirks a pussy" clap clap clap clap clap. :lol:lol

Damn! :lol The only chat's going on in Section 207 were "mavericks suck".

Plus there were 2 Mavs fans sitting right behind us talking crap the whole game til the middle of the third. He got so mad he broke his noisemaker. :lmao. Gotta love the playoffs

There were 3 sitting next to us., didn't say shit until the 4th qtr.

That toy was cool! :rollin

Tp9gospursgo
04-26-2010, 01:37 PM
Damn! :lol The only chat's going on in Section 207 were "mavericks suck".

There were 3 sitting next to us., didn't say shit until the 4th qtr.

That toy was cool! :rollin

OH man those noisemakers were so much better than the inflatable ones. Mine always have a whole in them. It made everything so much louder in there.

JudynTX
04-26-2010, 01:41 PM
OH man those noisemakers were so much better than the inflatable ones. Mine always have a whole in them. It made everything so much louder in there.

They are better than those clackers they usually give out. :lol

#2!
04-26-2010, 01:55 PM
I was most affected, almost to tears, by the ATT crowd noise heard on TV ...

15 MINUTES BEFORE!

... the start of Game7 of 05 Finals. Talk about pumped! wow!

I was lucky enough to be at that game, and you're right. from 20 minutes before the game everyone was standing up cheering, and it was such an incredible thing to be a part of. Thousands of people coming together in one place because they so badly want the same thing, simply beautiful.:toast

Slomo
04-26-2010, 03:07 PM

I get goosebumps just thinking about it. That was the loudest I've ever heard a crowd without a PA system :lol

Playoffs in the AT&T are something else. I'm happy that the Spurs fans are excited about the team and are showing it. :tu

sa_kid20
04-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Here's a vid I took with my phone after the game last night.

It was crazy loud in there!! (lower the volume before you play cause its pretty loud)

CCFkF2kk5FQ

antgomez2009
04-26-2010, 03:55 PM
yea, i was there too in section 206! Crazy up there!
i dam near lost my voice screaming defense!!!
a group of Mavs fans were sitting not to far from me on the opposite side of the stairs, and they were quieeeeeeeeet during the 3rd quarter!
When the crowd was yelling M-V-P when Manu was on the line, the Mavs fans were yelling to the crowd, "Why are you saying That" and also saying "The M-V-P is this guy name Lebron" and there was a girl sitting there with her BF, which i might add he didnt say anything, she was yelling at me "YOU DONT KNOW NOTHING.....blah blah blah" lol..like comon, double negative right there! Which means i do know!!!!haha -but really though, i do know the game, and can play pretty darn good too!

anyways, i was saying to those MaVs hecklers, "Manu might not be the MVP of the League, but in San Antonio this year, he has been that and much more!!!!!!" haha gotta luv it!!!!!!!

jb4g
04-27-2010, 09:49 AM
Here's a vid I took with my phone after the game last night.

It was crazy loud in there!! (lower the volume before you play cause its pretty loud)

CCFkF2kk5FQ

further proof that the loudest fans sit in the 200's!