PDA

View Full Version : What's worse than Najera pulling down Manu from his?

MoSpur
04-26-2010, 08:49 AM
I'll tell you what was worse. Him walking to the locker room and while he's just about to enter the tunnel, two Mavs fan walk down to the railing and high five Najera and he high fives them back and all three of those cowards smile as if he did something good.

That's not the worse part though. The worse was Spurs fans letting those two idiots get away with that without putting any fear into them. I was pissed off when I saw that crap on TV. I couldn't believe that happened.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-26-2010, 08:56 AM
I saw that and was similarly disgusted. Further proved that Najera is trash, and said bad things about those idiots wearing Mavs jerseys.

MoSpur
04-26-2010, 08:58 AM
I read that thread regardind Najera and read some were saying it was just a hard foul and that he didn't trying to hurt Manu. Who knows? Maybe he did maybe he didn't. What got my more mad was him looking like he felt bad about the whole thing immediately afterwards, but then high fiving two idiots on his way out says he didn't feel bad at all.

Phenomanul
04-26-2010, 09:06 AM
Fans always want to reach out to the players... No matter if it's the scrub at the end of the bench...

I think you all are reading too much into his high fives...

Najera's foul was beyond excessive, yes; but fortunately Ginobili wasn't hurt... IMO Najera should be suspended for a game, even if he didn't want it to go down the way it did. Supposedly he apologized to Manu.

Spurminator
04-26-2010, 09:06 AM
I don't think they were high-fiving him for fouling Manu. I think they were high-fiving him because they're Mav fans and he's a Mav.

VBM
04-26-2010, 09:14 AM
Who cares. Half of us would have high-fived Robert Horry after he hip-checked Nash into the scorer's table. Gino didn't get hurt and we got two FTs and possession off of that. If he wants to celebrate it, let him.

SAGambler
04-26-2010, 09:16 AM
You have to wonder. If it had been Dirk, Jet, Butler, or Kidd..I wouldn't even give it a thought. But Najara? Makes you wonder if he was given orders to go in and try to take Manu out of the game. I mean really, if he gets suspended, who's gonna miss him?

in2deep
04-26-2010, 09:16 AM
I don't think they were high-fiving him for fouling Manu. I think they were high-fiving him because they're Mav fans and he's a Mav.

oh come on dude :downspin:

wake up. Do you also think a guy that is staring at your wife is because he likes her shoes?

Phillip
04-26-2010, 09:18 AM
LMAO butthurt spurs fans

its funny when FANS take more offense to a hard foul than the man getting fouled hard himself

carina_gino20
04-26-2010, 09:23 AM
You have to wonder. If it had been Dirk, Jet, Butler, or Kidd..I wouldn't even give it a thought. But Najara? Makes you wonder if he was given orders to go in and try to take Manu out of the game. I mean really, if he gets suspended, who's gonna miss him?

It's been mentioned by a few posters who heard Dallas radio guys say that Carlisle wanted Najera to send a message. It seems to me more suspicious after Carlisle said in his press conference, something to the effect that he liked what he saw from Najera on the floor tonight. Well, what he saw from Najera was all of 47 seconds and the only thing he did was pull that cheap shot on Manu.

MoSpur
04-26-2010, 09:23 AM
I think its pretty dumb of you two saying those two idiots were only high fiving Najera because he's a Mav and they are Mavs fans. They clearly were celebrating the fact he gave Manu a cheap shot. Sorry, but to think otherwise is pretty naive.

SpurCharger
04-26-2010, 09:25 AM
Its All Good, I bet The spurs Put A target on Najera..... Parker When asked about Najera "No Comment" ...... Duncan when Asked " Maybe Najera Came In the Game To Do That Who knows"..... Kinda Like Jefferson Taking a shot A Dirks Nose Yesterday... Dirk Hit Ginobili Unintentional, But what goes around Comes Around.... If Najera Finds his way Back on the floor in this Series, Id sick DeJuan On his ass! Even though people Dont think things are intentional, sometimes players will do things to send messages. Even if it wasnt planned.

MoSpur
04-26-2010, 09:26 AM
LMAO butthurt spurs fans

its funny when FANS take more offense to a hard foul than the man getting fouled hard himself

I'm not too pissed about the foul. It was a cheap shot and clearly intentional. I haven't called for Manu to get revenge or the Spurs to get revenge. Just think its pretty classless of those two fans and Najera. Believe me when I say Manu and the Spurs were pissed about it. Didn't you see Pop's reaction?

Its all good though. Spurs 3 Dallas 1

SpurOutofTownFan
04-26-2010, 09:31 AM
LMAO butthurt spurs fans

I honestly don't believe he wanted to hurt Manu. I think he wanted to be aggressive and couldn't control his arms and committed that horrendous choke move.

What I do believe is that he was sent in just to do something like that. If you look at the game, strategically there was no reason to bring Najera in other than to be another body on D that could be aggressive in the paint. This is pretty clear to me.

Regarding the high fives - they are probably fucking morons who don't have a life.

Phillip
04-26-2010, 09:39 AM
yeah, hi-fiving a player from your favorite team is such a crime :rolleyes

englishspursfan
04-26-2010, 09:45 AM
back in enland they would have had the shit kickedinto em foul or no foul!

guzmangm
04-26-2010, 09:45 AM
It did disgust me when those two clowns high fived Najera. And no, I wouldn't of high fived Horry back then either. It's hard-nosed basketball out of the eighties, but it sucks because it well could of injuried Manu and could of ended our run not now but surely in the next round. Also our camera men do look farther from the court than the ones in American Airlines Center. Maybe it's just Dallas, but I still remember when Juwon Howard hurt Derek Anderson. Next round we were done...

ohmwrecker
04-26-2010, 09:51 AM
People are highly emotional in these situations. They don't make good decisions. I wouldn't read too much in to the high fives, but I also wouldn't have judged someone too harshly for spitting on Najera as he walked down the tunnel. It wouldn't have bothered me if a Spurs fan shoved one of those Mavs fans either. Your base human instincts take over in that kind of atmosphere.
I think what Najera, and indirectly, Carlisle did was over the line, but I won't pretend that the thought has never crossed my mind.

bus driver
04-26-2010, 09:53 AM
Who cares. Half of us would have high-fived Robert Horry after he hip-checked Nash into the scorer's table. Gino didn't get hurt and we got two FTs and possession off of that. If he wants to celebrate it, let him.

TRUE! I am not saying i agree with it but i understand......

Wonder? Hell ya he was given the order to "sweep the leg"

MoSpur
04-26-2010, 09:56 AM
yeah, hi-fiving a player from your favorite team is such a crime :rolleyes

Okay Mavs fan. You obvioulsy aren't comprehending why I'm upset. Its the reason behind the high fives. They congratulated Najera for his cheap shot. He obviously didn't feel bad for what he did because he smiled and walked in as if nothing. That's pretty pathetic.

I applaud hard play, which at times means some hard fouls, but not cheap shots. I thought Horry's cheap shot on Nash was uncalled for. I thought Nash was a drama queen the way he threw arms back, but there was no reason for Horry to hip check Nash. I thought it was funny back then, but also thought it was uncalled for.

ohmwrecker
04-26-2010, 10:04 AM
I applaud hard play, which at times means some hard fouls, but not cheap shots. I thought Horry's cheap shot on Nash was uncalled for. I thought Nash was a drama queen the way he threw arms back, but there was no reason for Horry to hip check Nash. I thought it was funny back then, but also thought it was uncalled for.

It's still funny. Horry's hip check on Nash is not comparable at all, by the way.

VBM
04-26-2010, 10:04 AM
TRUE! I am not saying i agree with it but i understand......

I also remember Game 6 of the Spurs-Hornets series in 2008. Horry had just leveled David West in the back, and West stayed down for a few min in real pain (I think his back was jacked up that series). The "Horry...Horry...Horry" chants were loud as hell.

MoSpur
04-26-2010, 10:07 AM
I thought Nash overreacting to the hip was funny because of how he fell and how he threw his arms. The uncalled for fould by Horry wasn't funny because it wasn't necessary.

Horry's fould on West took West out for the next game didn't he?

ohmwrecker
04-26-2010, 10:16 AM
Horry's fould on West took West out for the next game didn't he?

That shouldn't have even been called a foul. West was backing up Horry in the post and Horry put his arm in his back. The foul was called because West fell on the ground clutching his back. It's not Horry's fault that West had a bum back in that series.

You guys are getting a little silly, or your memory is not so good.

VBM
04-26-2010, 10:24 AM
bs9Fkf8gmhM

Backing Horry down in the post, eh?

Fabbs
04-26-2010, 10:28 AM
After Mav Najera Brownozers/Cheapshot celebrators #1 and #2 high fived Najera, looked like a couple Spurs fans put cameras in front of Najera and said something to him.

See Najera take a swipe at one of the cameras?

Hooks
04-26-2010, 10:29 AM
Najera looked pissed at the guy who was holding the camera lol, he sort of tried to hit the camera out of the guy's hands.

VBM
04-26-2010, 10:30 AM
See Najera take a swipe at one of the cameras?

I :lol when I saw that

ohmwrecker
04-26-2010, 10:33 AM
Backing Horry down in the post, eh?

OK, you're right. I was thinking of a different play in the previous game. Regardless, if West's back wasn't bothering him that play wouldn't have been considered dirty at all. He leans a little, but it's not exactly what I would call a moving pick.

Whisky Dog
04-26-2010, 10:43 AM
Rofl I liked that he took a swipe at a Spurs fan sticking a camera in his mug.

ohmwrecker
04-26-2010, 10:48 AM
Rofl I liked that he took a swipe at a Spurs fan sticking a camera in his mug.

It looked like the dude with the camera said something to him and he looked back.

MoSpur
04-26-2010, 10:53 AM
I don't like when the shots taken are cheap and intenionally trying to take players out. If its a Spur like Horry trying to take West out or Najera trying to take Manu out, its uncalled for and weak.

I know is pissed and so are the Spurs they just keep their anger under control and take care of business, which is what they did.

I've played high school ball, city league ball, and on the playground. I'm not comparing that to NBA playoff basketball, but when someone intentionally tries to hurt you because they're frustrated or whatever it pisses you off. Its happened to me several times and I've made it known it wasn't appreciated by retaliating. Again, not comparing street ball or high school ball to the NBA, but those guys are human and I know Manu hasn't forgot and won't forget what Najera did to him.

Sportcamper
04-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Manu needs to stop flopping… Najera should not be penalized for spirited play…This is the playoffs! :ihit

MoSpur
04-26-2010, 11:07 AM
Manu needs to stop flopping… Najera should not be penalized for spirited play…This is the playoffs! :ihit

:rolleyes

Shank
04-26-2010, 11:16 AM
Thanks to the NBA Elitist Fans for once again telling everyone else how to act.

honestfool84
04-26-2010, 11:20 AM

+1

:lol

MoSpur
04-26-2010, 11:30 AM
Wasn't it Shank that said?

"You want to bet on literal numbers? Fact is, Dirk is going to continue to dominate in this series while Jefferson is going to suck."

MoSpur
04-26-2010, 11:31 AM
Go make some more predictions Shank.

Shank
04-26-2010, 11:42 AM
Wasn't it Shank that said?

"You want to bet on literal numbers? Fact is, Dirk is going to continue to dominate in this series while Jefferson is going to suck."

Dirk is the best player in this series. You have to go pretty far down the list before you get to Jefferson. Enjoy paying him $15 million next season. Don't act like you or any other of the NBA's Elite Fans were high on the guy after seeing him play all season. That's straight bullshit.

EricB
04-26-2010, 11:46 AM
:lol I like how he side stepped that completely.

sammy
04-26-2010, 11:49 AM
Kenny Smith thought that the Najera hit was deliberate! He came in to take out Manu! Najera is dirty! Thank God Manu was not hurt! I had a bunch of Mav fans around me last night and they just shut the fuck up once the game was over! I had the last laugh after all! They took their medicine on the way out as Spurs fans were just dogging them on the way out! LOL! Let's finish these bitches and send them fishing!

Spurminator
04-26-2010, 11:53 AM
I think its pretty dumb of you two saying those two idiots were only high fiving Najera because he's a Mav and they are Mavs fans. They clearly were celebrating the fact he gave Manu a cheap shot. Sorry, but to think otherwise is pretty naive.

Okay Mavs fan. You obvioulsy aren't comprehending why I'm upset. Its the reason behind the high fives. They congratulated Najera for his cheap shot. He obviously didn't feel bad for what he did because he smiled and walked in as if nothing. That's pretty pathetic.

How can you assume that?

As Mavs fans sitting near the walk-way, you can automatically assume they are going to reach over and high five Mavs players walking by. That's basically a given.

By suggesting they were high-fiving Najera for the foul, you have to assume they (1) would not have high-fived him if he was walking into the locker room for another reason, or (2) should have refrained from high-fiving him as a way of being sensitive to the situation. Neither of those scenarios is likely for a fan of any road team.

I mean, sure it's POSSIBLE that they were congratulating Najera on knocking Manu down, but I don't think you can say it with such certainty, or especially suggest that it's naive to believe otherwise.

Martin R
04-26-2010, 12:01 PM
Najera is so envy of Manu's latin fans love, that he'd like to bury Manu alive if he is given the chance to!

jag
04-26-2010, 12:01 PM
It was a hard foul, Najera is a bitch.... Time to get over it.

MoSpur
04-26-2010, 12:18 PM
Dirk is the best player in this series. You have to go pretty far down the list before you get to Jefferson. Enjoy paying him $15 million next season. Don't act like you or any other of the NBA's Elite Fans were high on the guy after seeing him play all season. That's straight bullshit.

You said he would continue to dominate. He hasn't. You said Jefferson would continue to suck. He hasn't.

I don't think Jefferson deserves what he's getting paid, but the fact is he's somewhat has stepped up his game while Dirk hasn't dominated the series like you said.

There is still basketball left to be played. The series isn't over. Its not going to be easy for the Spurs to close it out, but Najera's punk move may have added more fuel to Manu's fire.