PDA

View Full Version : What do you think the mavs will do?

elec99
04-26-2010, 04:05 PM
Remember when we were up 3-0 (or 3-1, cant remember) against the Suns? Then they decided to use Diaw to back down parker? Well, suns had nothing to lose and had to pull a rabbit out of the hat, so what do you think mavs will do?

Continue to iso dirk? We know how to play that...
Have dirk look for others like in game 4, hoping the "others" do better at home?

Or something else?

Chime in....

TampaDude
Lose.

MarceloM!
Die

oh crap
04-26-2010, 04:06 PM
play dirtier

bus driver
04-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Lose.

this sounds about right....

Die

or this one

LoneStarState'sPride
04-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Attack of the Nutpuncher

phyzik
04-26-2010, 04:10 PM
play dirtier

considering Terry's comments about "its going to get alot worse" Id go with this option.

Hopefully the NBA is keeping tabs and the refs will be on the lookout for any dirtiness from either team.

Shank
04-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Win game 5. After that...eh, beats me.

m33p0
04-26-2010, 04:11 PM
everyone other than dirk and kidd trying to beat the spurs by themselves.

jason "nutcracker" terry on the loose!
don't leave home without a cup now.

dbestpro
04-26-2010, 04:12 PM
I think Manu is struggling with the broken nose so I would put Butler on the SG and move Marion to guard the PG. I would move Kidd to RJ and give Haywood a little more run. I would start by giving the ball to Duncan's man or drive the ball on him to get him in foul trouble. Once he was off the floor I would then pound the ball insde due to the lack of Spur shot blockers.

kace
04-26-2010, 04:14 PM
well, i don't think they will try to gamble too much considering they were very close all these game they lost.

defensively: they will try to focuse on the big three, as usual. They can't defend 5 or 6 hot guys (no team can indeed) and our three stars are the ones able to create their own shot easily. Hill, as great as he was the last game, can't (yet) score as efficiently if he's defended like the go to guy. A lot of his points came from the big three asking attention from dallas defense. Same for RJ.

offensively: more Dirk and more drive to the rim.

maybe a little more of Beaubois who is very athletic.

coyotes_geek
04-26-2010, 04:23 PM
The mavs only hope is to get to the line a bunch of times. That means attacking the basket as much as possible and hoping for a tightly called game.

in2deep
04-26-2010, 04:24 PM
talk shit

play hard

choke at the end

TC-MAVS
04-26-2010, 04:25 PM
As a spurs fan, im bet you're all happy to see the mavs play this badly. They dont even look like a 2 seed. if im a spurs fan at home, im excited to draw a team that completly lost its edge. You guys must have sold your souls or something because the balls bounces your way every time. And guys are making clutch shots when needed. The mavs are heartless right now. All dallas needs is to win 2 in a row. then let the chips fall where they may in dallas. Its doeable.

Brazil
04-26-2010, 04:26 PM
If I were Carlisle I will try to throw Rodrigue in the mix and see what he can do

objective
04-26-2010, 04:29 PM
I'm expecting Beaubois also, and that can throw a monkey wrench in things. I'm not expecting him because of Carlisle, I'm just presuming that Cuban will strongly suggest it.

Mavs will be desperate and hungrier than the Spurs, and adjusting to their adjustments could take a game, so I'm guessing the Mavs win game 5.

SPURSCHAMP
04-26-2010, 04:52 PM
talk shit

play hard

choke at the end

lol the usual

m33p0
04-26-2010, 05:38 PM
If I were Carlisle I will try to throw Rodrigue in the mix and see what he can do

mavs fans seem high on the kid. i'd like to see what he can do.

peskypesky
04-26-2010, 05:44 PM
talk shit

play hard

choke at the end

this

smrattler
04-26-2010, 05:53 PM
Kidd is gonna push the ball and try to fast break even without numbers and Dirk, since he's no "wing" will be waiting behind the 3 point line.

They will do anything and EVERYTHING possible to push the ball. Even on makes. Even without numbers.

Brazil
04-26-2010, 05:54 PM
mavs fans seem high on the kid. i'd like to see what he can do.

he is good, athletic, can play Defense and he can shoot the light. For me in this game 5 it should be a no brainer to give him an opportunity soon in the game to see what he can do: if he can score on his 2 - 3 first shoots and build some confidence ... watch out.

gospursgojas
04-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Well the bench will cheer harder for every jumpshot they hit, they will probably try and change things up by going for the 2 handed high five. Jason terry, knowing this is do or die, will shout out to the crowd in the 3rd row...not just the first 2. Heywood will not only stare down the Spurs bench but also the training staff behind them every time he gets a put back against bonner/blair.

All in all i expect the Mavs to try extra hard at what they do...cheer a whole bunch and win a whole little

SpursTillTheEnd
04-26-2010, 05:56 PM
Blair will slap the shit out of terry if he try's anything dirty on a spurs player

sportan73
04-26-2010, 06:03 PM
Mavs: you expect us to win?

Spurs: no Mr. Cuban, I expect you to die!

Waps1980
04-26-2010, 06:05 PM
As a spurs fan, im bet you're all happy to see the mavs play this badly. They dont even look like a 2 seed. if im a spurs fan at home, im excited to draw a team that completly lost its edge. You guys must have sold your souls or something because the balls bounces your way every time. And guys are making clutch shots when needed. The mavs are heartless right now. All dallas needs is to win 2 in a row. then let the chips fall where they may in dallas. Its doeable.
Maybe we are just playing some unreal defense and the pressure is to much for your boys to handle. I would say apart from game 1 every other game has had runs by either team making it a fairly even battle could have easily been 3-1 your way.

word
04-26-2010, 06:15 PM
play dirtier

end of story

sportan73
04-26-2010, 06:19 PM
a lot of the 50/50 balls in the 1st half wen the Mavs way, they took advantage and built a sizable lead, as soon as one of those "breaks" didn't go their way they folded so quickly it would have been comical had it not happened so many times in the past.

ajGambino
04-26-2010, 06:38 PM
Attack of the Nutpuncher

:lmao

I seriously lol'd on this one.

easy7
04-26-2010, 07:26 PM
Lose and then talk about how the best team lost.

rayray2k8
04-26-2010, 07:51 PM
Spurs will probably get the best out of the Mavs tomorrow... Curious to see if the spurs will be even able to match that effort. Close out games are the toughest games to win.

Cry Havoc
04-26-2010, 08:04 PM
I expect Game 5 to be one of the most physical games in the entire NBA playoffs. The Mavs are going to come out firing and throwing elbows and bodies. What do they care? If there's a fight and someone gets suspended, well, maybe they can pull the series out if a Spurs player (coughBeastcough) goes crazy and gets tossed for a game.

It's going to be a grind for every possession.