PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Talk Radio on Suicide Watch

Zammers
04-26-2010, 04:53 PM
The fans and media up here have all but thrown in the towel. So sad! I know if the Spurs were down 3-1 right now the city of San Antonio would have a bleak outlook, but still have the ability to BELIEVE.

This is why I have no problem putting the Mavericks in the grave every year. We paid the price pre-Duncan era and our hearts were broken numerous times by failing to make the Finals. But we as a city stuck it out and believed in our team. We have been rewarded greatly for it. Dallas fans have no ability to BELIEVE. They just expect to be given the championship. Same thing goes with the Cowboys.

mexicanjunior
04-26-2010, 04:55 PM
They just expect to be given the championship. Same thing goes with the Cowboys.

At least the Cowboys have enough trophies to warrant the sense of entitlement...Mavs have a few division banners and a retired Brad Davis jersey to show for their existence...

Halberto
04-26-2010, 05:27 PM
Although Mavs fans are usually Cowboys fans, I think the Cowboys are a different story. People are always weary of being overconfident during the playoffs. After they annihilated the Eagles in the season closer the fans weren't certain that they would win the next one.

smrattler
04-26-2010, 05:50 PM
In 2006 when we were down 3-1 to these same Mavs, I was on suicide watch.

I told myself to just accept it already it was just a matter of time. But it was over.

Then we forced a game 7 in OUR ARENA!!!!!

I had been talked back from the ledge. I was even over confident now that we would win, no way we lose game 7 at home.

Then...

W.....T.....F??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

admiralsnackbar
04-26-2010, 06:04 PM
At least the Cowboys have enough trophies to warrant the sense of entitlement...Mavs have a few division banners and a retired Brad Davis jersey to show for their existence...

That's actually my theory for why some Mavs fans are so insufferable in the hubris dept. They apply the same fan mentality they learned from being fans of the once-unstoppable Cowboys, and expect that sense of pride and entitlement to translate to basketball without approaching things with a sense of history or humility (like, say, a majority of Cavs fans, who have achieved just as much).

That said, while I agree with the OP about Spurs fans being forced to develop humility and team-spirit during the dark days, there are plenty of shit fans in our ranks after our decade of success who have no sense of humility, class, or faith.

Stamm32089
04-26-2010, 06:21 PM
The fans and media up here have all but thrown in the towel. So sad! I know if the Spurs were down 3-1 right now the city of San Antonio would have a bleak outlook, but still have the ability to BELIEVE.

This is why I have no problem putting the Mavericks in the grave every year. We paid the price pre-Duncan era and our hearts were broken numerous times by failing to make the Finals. But we as a city stuck it out and believed in our team. We have been rewarded greatly for it. Dallas fans have no ability to BELIEVE. They just expect to be given the championship. Same thing goes with the Cowboys.

You do realize that being down 3-1 is pretty much a death sentence right? Only 8 teams out of 189 have rallied from down 3-1 to win the series. Sorry that we Dallas fans are realistic and don't buy into false hope.

duhoh
04-26-2010, 06:40 PM
You do realize that being down 3-1 is pretty much a death sentence right? Only 8 teams out of 189 have rallied from down 3-1 to win the series. Sorry that we Dallas fans are realistic and don't buy into false hope.

y so srs?

senorglory
04-26-2010, 07:25 PM
In 2006 when we were down 3-1 to these same Mavs, I was on suicide watch.

I told myself to just accept it already it was just a matter of time. But it was over.

Then we forced a game 7 in OUR ARENA!!!!!

I had been talked back from the ledge. I was even over confident now that we would win, no way we lose game 7 at home.

Then...

W.....T.....F??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

You're a good fan.

And also crazy.

Zammers
04-26-2010, 07:58 PM

Yes the odds are against you, but the reason you should be still willing your team to victory is because you are a true fan. True fans are there for the good seasons and the shitty seasons. Its the wins and losses that write the story of your team. Heck, I'm a Rangers fan and I go to the games even when they are 12 games out of first. Why? Because I love them no matter what. And when they are losing I try to figure out how we as a team can improve.

If I were a Mavs fan I would be thinking "if we can just win Game 5" that would put pressure on SA to close it out in Game 6. We (the Mavs) have a great road record and can win in SA. So if we can just get it back to Dallas for Game 7 anything can happen.

But that isn't the way Mavs fans think.