PDA

View Full Version : Pau Gasol on Thunder's 2 Victories: "That's all they're going to get".

SpursFanInAustin
04-26-2010, 07:38 PM
http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/pau-gasol-thunders-2-victories-thats-all-theyre-going-get-1365798/

EL SEGUNDO — Pau Gasol made it clear how strongly he feels about the Lakers needing to break their 2-2 series tie with Oklahoma City in their favor.

“It’s a must-win game for us,” Gasol said Monday after Lakers practice.

Gasol also said he looks forward to the Lakers performing so well that the result Tuesday night will “send a message” to the Thunder.

That message to Oklahoma City’s players regarding their two victories thus far?

“That’s all they’re going to get,” Gasol said.

Lakers coach Phil Jackson sounded confident also about the Lakers increasing their focus and intensity. When asked if it is all about hustle, Jackson said: “It is. It really is.”

Jackson also said about Game 5: “We’re going to get this thing turned around tomorrow.”

The team winning Game 5 in a tied best-of-seven series has won 126 of 151 series (126-25,.834) in NBA history. The Lakers are 17-0 in series where they’ve won Game 5 at home in such series.

m33p0
04-26-2010, 07:50 PM
epic bump if this fails. :lol

kamikazi_player
04-26-2010, 07:53 PM
I don't think the Lakers are going to lose another game in this series, but the Thunder did surprise me by putting up a challenge.

oh crap
04-26-2010, 07:59 PM
lol insecure faggot defending world champs hoping to pull something out. hey lakaluva and all the great predictors who called a sweep, who dat oklahoma ass taste?

rayray2k8
04-26-2010, 08:00 PM
That's a lot of pressure he's putting on his team mates, but I'm sure everyone will be tuning in.

duhoh
04-26-2010, 08:02 PM
see yall in the WCF, and yall better show up!

mogrovejo
04-26-2010, 08:04 PM
Kobe said an even better one: "now they've got our attention". I like the cockiness, I think that's the way a team like the Lakers should behave. It's not like the Thunder are acting that differently.

gaKNOW!blee
04-26-2010, 08:05 PM
Gasol just being the leader and captain of the Lakers....no big surprises here. I fully expect him to carry them through this series and continue to be the best player on the team.

djohn2oo8
04-26-2010, 08:06 PM
If you've followed the Lakers at all, they have always coasted against teams that suck. You have to give these scrubs some credit though, they could have pulled a Maverick.

That makes sense :rolleyes

djohn2oo8
04-26-2010, 08:07 PM
and Why is Gasol of all people talking shit? The biggest pussy on the team

ATXSPUR
04-26-2010, 08:09 PM
If you've followed the Lakers at all, they have always coasted against teams that suck. You have to give these scrubs some credit though, they could have pulled a Maverick.

There is a difference between coasting and getting your ass beat by damn near 30 points. HUGE ass difference.

tlongII
04-26-2010, 08:46 PM
zvoeeq-BH4w

JoeTait75
04-26-2010, 08:49 PM
Someone is going to hang this Lake Show team out to dry. It won't be in this round, but it will happen.

HarlemHeat37
04-26-2010, 08:53 PM
I like Pau's confidence..the MVP of the team should always have a confident attitude like that..maybe his inspiration will get Kobe going, even though it seems impossible with the life-threatening injuries that he's currently suffering from..

SomeCallMeTim
04-26-2010, 09:03 PM
That's a lot of pressure he's putting on his team mates, but I'm sure everyone will be tuning in.

Don't mind that... I'm looking at YOU Odom/Fisher/Kobe...

Bob Lanier
04-26-2010, 10:08 PM
Gasol just being the leader and captain of the Lakers....no big surprises here. I fully expect him to carry them through this series and continue to be the best player on the team.
I like Pau's confidence..the MVP of the team should always have a confident attitude like that..maybe his inspiration will get Kobe going, even though it seems impossible with the life-threatening injuries that he's currently suffering from..

:tu

cobbler
04-26-2010, 10:15 PM

So confident that when he was the focal point of the offense and got his touches he got pushed off the block and dribbled away only to toss the ball out late in the shot clock. Pau was exposed for the pussy he is and now realizes that shots need to be taken so he can get half his points on putbacks rather than having to actually make solid post moves CONSISTENTLY and with AGGRESSION!

But hey... thanks for posting the same post ad nausium. We certainly NOW know you are obsessed and could not have figured that out with your thousands of other posts along the same lines. :toast

HarlemHeat37
04-26-2010, 10:25 PM
It's sad..when you look at the majority of Laker fans that post here, when you go to a Laker forum, and when you listen to their media, Gasol still isn't treated as well as he should be..

He's constantly called a pussy and criticized for any comments he makes..all the while hyping Bynum as the next great and excusing Kobe's flaws and poor play..I'm not trolling here, look at the tone of the majority of Laker fans' posts about Gasol..I don't know if it's because of the nature that they acquired him and whether they feel dirty about it, but it's annoying..he's a racist and he's extremely ugly, but he's the MVP of the #1 team in the West..

midnightpulp
04-26-2010, 10:38 PM
It's sad..when you look at the majority of Laker fans that post here, when you go to a Laker forum, and when you listen to their media, Gasol still isn't treated as well as he should be..

He's constantly called a pussy and criticized for any comments he makes..all the while hyping Bynum as the next great and excusing Kobe's flaws and poor play..I'm not trolling here, look at the tone of the majority of Laker fans' posts about Gasol..I don't know if it's because of the nature that they acquired him and whether they feel dirty about it, but it's annoying..he's a racist and he's extremely ugly, but he's the MVP of the #1 team in the West..

It's the ADD that permeates the Los Angeles/Hollywood culture. Not to mention said culture's infatuation with gloss and hype. It's understandable given that the city is the entertainment capital of the world.

Gasol is like the brilliant television show that's loved by the critics but ignored by the public, so it quickly gets cancelled and remains unappreciated. Kobe is like American Idol. Gloss, hype, and great production value, which the public mistakenly confuses with substance. As long as it's entertaining, the public will continue to love it, no matter how vapid it is beneath the surface.

Look how most of the Laker fantards are trying to rewrite history to make it appear as if Kobe was the driving force behind the 3 peat. If Gasol is the underrated television show, Shaq is the classic Black and White film that public no longer likes because it's not "in color."

mytespurs
04-26-2010, 10:38 PM
I expect Lakers to win tomorrow & eventually take this series....no suprise here. It would be shocking if they lost tomorrow.

cobbler
04-26-2010, 10:41 PM

He's a talent no doubt, but he is not a team carrying talent and he has proved that in Memphis and in game 4. He's not consistent as the go-to guy. He does well as the side kick.

So he's a racist in your eyes. Just as you condone violence and child abuse. Some things never change. :whine

HarlemHeat37
04-26-2010, 10:46 PM
I condone violence and child abuse? link?..don't make shit up to make you look better..you're on record for downplaying rape and racism(by calling them "jokes")..

LOL @ Memphis "proving" his status..Gasol led a team to the playoffs for multiple years with Mike Miller as a sidekick..shit, I'm a fan of Mike Miller, but he's barely a 4th option, let alone a #2 option(one of the years had James Posey as the #2 IIRC LOL)..

Kobe had Lamar Odom as the #2 option and missed the playoffs/was eliminated in the 1st round multiple times..is that different?..

Faulty argument my dude..

I don't even like Gasol, he's in the top 3 of the players I dislike the most TBH, but show him some respect..he rejuvenated the franchise..

redzero
04-26-2010, 11:15 PM
see yall in the WCF, and yall better show up!

Am I missing something here?

cobbler
04-26-2010, 11:26 PM
I condone violence and child abuse? link?..don't make shit up to make you look better..you're on record for downplaying rape and racism(by calling them "jokes")..

When discussing the Garnett suspension it was brought up that he intentionally swung the 2nd elbow with intent to hurt Q. You passed it off as nothing. It certainly wasn't a basketball move on the court. When it was brought up that Shaq had allegedly verbally and emotionally abused his children you mad jokes about kobe. And you talk about downplaying?

Now when you bring up Gasol, you don't say aleged racist, you outright call him a racist. When I brought up the arguement, that the Spanish team alluded to, that it was meant as a joke you called me out for being insensitive and downplaying.

So lets get this straight.... I'm insensitve to racism because I don't make a big deal out of some guys squinting their eyes at what they perceived as a joke that harmed noboby, and you Mr. hypocrit think nothing of downplaying an actual attempt to harm another physically and the mental and verbal abuse of children.

So if you can from one innocuous squinting of the eyes call Gasol a racist, I in turn from your actions can say you condone violence and abuse.

Then again, I am sure you will have some excuse for your double standard. Or could it simply just be your OBSESSION?

Jacob1983
04-26-2010, 11:39 PM
I wonder what Gasol will say if his Lakers lose this series?

crc21209
04-26-2010, 11:42 PM
Gasol isnt exactly the the type of guy to be talking up a big "cocky" game, after all..he doesnt look the part of tough guy to begin with..

mogrovejo
04-26-2010, 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by HarlemHeat37 http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/nba/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4286965#post4286965)

When discussing the Garnett suspension it was brought up that he intentionally swung the 2nd elbow with intent to hurt Q. You passed it off as nothing.

What the heck is this? Are you serious? Richardson is a grown up, comparing an elbow in a basketball court to violence and child abuse is sick.

I wonder what Gasol will say if his Lakers lose this series?

"Meh, they got 4 games, but they won't get the 5th."

supervietnamlakers
04-27-2010, 12:40 AM
gasol is mvp of the lakers? in what galaxy or word is this?:lol

kobe wins 2 mvp's and gasol is zero. should we say too that pippen is the mvp when he played with jordan?

i agree gasol is mvp if you guys also agree asian guys have bigger dicks than black guys.

silverblk mystix
04-27-2010, 12:54 AM
I don't know what series you guys have been watching...but the series I have watched has shown that OKC is the better team---by far.

I will not be surprised to see OKC win this series---although I am sure the lakers will have a chance---BUT ONLY because the refs will try very hard to help them---

if the refs somehow stay OUT of this---the lakers are DONE.

supervietnamlakers
04-27-2010, 12:57 AM
I don't know what series you guys have been watching...but the series I have watched has shown that OKC is the better team---by far.

I will not be surprised to see OKC win this series---although I am sure the lakers will have a chance---BUT ONLY because the refs will try very hard to help them---

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

thats why oklahoma ft's is WAAAAAAYYYY more than the lakers in last 2 games.

:lmao

Killakobe81
04-27-2010, 01:01 AM
It's the ADD that permeates the Los Angeles/Hollywood culture. Not to mention said culture's infatuation with gloss and hype. It's understandable given that the city is the entertainment capital of the world.

Gasol is like the brilliant television show that's loved by the critics but ignored by the public, so it quickly gets cancelled and remains unappreciated. Kobe is like American Idol. Gloss, hype, and great production value, which the public mistakenly confuses with substance. As long as it's entertaining, the public will continue to love it, no matter how vapid it is beneath the surface.

Look how most of the Laker fantards are trying to rewrite history to make it appear as if Kobe was the driving force behind the 3 peat. If Gasol is the underrated television show, Shaq is the classic Black and White film that public no longer likes because it's not "in color."

Both of yall are idiots. i am glad he Mavs has choked your team back in to relevance ...that is Great i am HOPING and PRAYING We meet the Spurs in the WCF ...

I will be in San antonio when we win in 6 ...

silverblk mystix
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

thats why oklahoma ft's is WAAAAAAYYYY more than the lakers in last 2 games.

:lmao

NO...it is because they are attacking the rim with passion---unlike the lakers who are jacking up jumpers and 3 point shots like a rookie team...

and the ONLY reason the lakers won the first two is because the refs ALLOWED artest to basically ride on top of durants back all game long without calling fouls...

OKC has dominated since then

Killakobe81
All shit-talk aside ...much respect to the Spurs ...but we tappin that ass regardless ...

silverblk mystix
04-27-2010, 01:03 AM
All shit-talk aside ...much respect to the Spurs ...but we tappin that ass regardless ...

but you better take care of OKC first---

and the spurs are NOT looking anywhere but dallas right now---focused on one more win...

supervietnamlakers
04-27-2010, 01:06 AM
NO...it is because they are attacking the rim with passion---unlike the lakers who are jacking up jumpers and 3 point shots like a rookie team...

and the ONLY reason the lakers won the first two is because the refs ALLOWED artest to basically ride on top of durants back all game long without calling fouls...

OKC has dominated since then

ok. i agree with artest is physical with durant. but the the refs gives more calls to thunder the last 2 games because its okc home court and thats normal. the lakers dont get too much call in games 3 & 4 even if gasol, bynum and odom attacks inside.

also kobe with 35 FGA and before he gets his 1st FT attempt in playoff game? that is disrespecting kobe who is a veteran, an nba champion, nba scoring leader and more than 26k points in history.

in game 4, theycall foul on kobe when james harden shots 3 pointer and it was a 4 point play and kobe did not even touch harden, maybe wrist? oif they call that for a rookie then why not call same foul everytime green, sefalosha or harden touch kobe's wrist when he shoots jump shot?

cobbler
04-27-2010, 01:10 AM
What the heck is this? Are you serious? Richardson is a grown up, comparing an elbow in a basketball court to violence and child abuse is sick.

Two seperate things. Of course it was just a tussle but it was not on the court. Are you denying it was intended to hurt someone? Regardless, it is just a silly incident and making light of it is no big deal. That was my point exactly. People make too big a deal over little PC incidents like Harlem with his ridiculous racist comments.

The alleged child abuse is a whole other matter. Did he do it? Did he not? What were Shaqs intentions? All not known. But the conversation at the time was that if he did it's a serious offense and one poster even suggested such with comments that child services will be on his back in a heartbeat. Harlems response? Make a pun about Kobe. Hypocritical to say the least no?

So you see, when I am being chastized for downplaying and making fun of racism (which I would never do) because I didn't see the harm in a joke that had no intent or caused no harm to anyone, then certainly I can use the same logic against him and say he downplayed intended violence and child abuse.

It doesn't go both ways. Of course I am man enough to admit that the elbow swinging was a trivial issue. I'm also willing to wait and see what Shaq actually did say and his intentions for doing so if they ever come out and judge accordingly.

So, with that said, yes... my comments about Harlem condoning violence and child abuse are just as absurd as his racist comments and insinuation that I condone it because I saw it the way the spanish team say they intended it. As a joke. A poor one non the less... but a joke.

Is Harlem man enough to admit how absurd his comments were/are?

My money says no.... and I guess we shall see the true character of HarlemHeat. Can he admit he has gone overboard or does he ride off on his hypocritical moral high horse?

cobbler
04-27-2010, 01:13 AM

Funny how the majority of the Laker fans have said almost nothing about the refs despite the huge free throw disparity and yet you morons keep bringing them up. God forbid the Lakers should avtually make some adjustments and play to their potential. Nooooo. The only way they can win now is if the refs help them.

You are a fool. :toast

silverblk mystix
04-27-2010, 01:14 AM
ok. i agree with artest is physical with durant. but the the refs gives more calls to thunder the last 2 games because its okc home court and thats normal. the lakers dont get too much call in games 3 & 4 even if gasol, bynum and odom attacks inside.

also kobe with 35 FGA and before he gets his 1st FT attempt in playoff game? that is disrespecting kobe who is a veteran, an nba champion, nba scoring leader and more than 26k points in history.

in game 4, theycall foul on kobe when james harden shots 3 pointer and it was a 4 point play and kobe did not even touch harden, maybe wrist? oif they call that for a rookie then why not call same foul everytime green, sefalosha or harden touch kobe's wrist when he shoots jump shot?

Kobe--has NOT attacked the basket AT ALL---it may be because he is protecting an injury---but if you pay close attention---he is NOT trying to attack from the right side----he is going left and jacking up jumpers---99.9% of the time----THAT---is why he had no free throws...

Kobe absolutely FOULED Harden---that was obvious if you watch the replay---he fouled him ---no question...

cobbler
04-27-2010, 01:16 AM

and the ONLY reason the lakers won the first two is because the refs ALLOWED artest to basically ride on top of durants back all game long without calling fouls...OKC has dominated since then

It's called playing defense with passion! :lol

lurker
04-27-2010, 01:16 AM
Damn, just saw Kobe going off on the media. Defensive much? :lol

supervietnamlakers
04-27-2010, 01:20 AM
Kobe--has NOT attacked the basket AT ALL---it may be because he is protecting an injury---but if you pay close attention---he is NOT trying to attack from the right side----he is going left and jacking up jumpers---99.9% of the time----THAT---is why he had no free throws...

Kobe absolutely FOULED Harden---that was obvious if you watch the replay---he fouled him ---no question...
im not argue too much but its late, but kobe attacked few times only. still, when durant goes to ft line, its not because he always attack the basket sometimes those ft's are because of just bad judging from refs imo. but good night. we see tomorrow if this change.

vander
04-27-2010, 01:20 AM
after watching game 4, I think I'd prefer to have the Spurs face the Lakers in the playoffs. that Thunder team was nightmarish

silverblk mystix
04-27-2010, 01:21 AM
Funny how the majority of the Laker fans have said almost nothing about the refs despite the huge free throw disparity and yet you morons keep bringing them up. God forbid the Lakers should avtually make some adjustments and play to their potential. Nooooo. The only way they can win now is if the refs help them.

You are a fool. :toast

actually---the lakers played to their potential in games 1 and 2 and 3---those were the times when the lakers would click---go on a run---take the lead by 8 to 10 to 12 points---

BUT ---

OKC would NOT go away

in games 1 and 2---Artest got away with murder---therefore the lakers wer able to hold off OKC

in games 3 and 4---even though the lakers played again (gm 3) to their potential---okc and durant ---were given a fair shake and--guess what---

they dominated...they are just the better team---

this is why I said many times before---while my fellow spurs fans were trying to avoid the lakers---I said i wanted to face the lakers in the first round---

because the lakers are not playing well---and have not played well for the last few weeks...

watch the game tomorrow---watch the foul calling---it will determine if the lakers win or not.

supervietnamlakers
04-27-2010, 01:23 AM
after watching game 4, I think I'd prefer to have the Spurs face the Lakers in the playoffs. that Thunder team was nightmarish
you want defending champion than rookie playoff team?:wakeup

supervietnamlakers
04-27-2010, 01:24 AM
actually---the lakers played to their potential in games 1 and 2 and 3---those were the times when the lakers would click---go on a run---take the lead by 8 to 10 to 12 points---

BUT ---

OKC would NOT go away

in games 1 and 2---Artest got away with murder---therefore the lakers wer able to hold off OKC

in games 3 and 4---even though the lakers played again (gm 3) to their potential---okc and durant ---were given a fair shake and--guess what---

they dominated...they are just the better team---

this is why I said many times before---while my fellow spurs fans were trying to avoid the lakers---I said i wanted to face the lakers in the first round---

because the lakers are not playing well---and have not played well for the last few weeks...

watch the game tomorrow---watch the foul calling---it will determine if the lakers win or not.
lakers better team and execution game 3, too bad kobe became selfish in 4th quarter, but if he play more balance that night, lakers wins.

cobbler
04-27-2010, 01:47 AM

Why is playing smothering in your face defense getting away with murder. I wish all the Lakers played D with such passion. If they did it would be a cakewalk to another title.

Funny how you have games one and two being durants worse and 3 & 4 being better cause the refs gave him a fair shake.

His two worst shooting games were 1 and 3. 29 and 33% Yet you have game 3 as a better game cause he was given a fair shake.
His two best were 2 and 4. 42 and 50%

Durant has shot 30% on the series. I'll take that anyday. Westbrook is the Thunders MVP in this series... so far.

In game one Durant got 11 free throws and artest got 5 fouls.
In game two Durant got 6 free throws and artest got 2 fouls.
In game three Durant got 6 free throws and artest got 3 fouls.
In game four Durant got 11 free throws and artest got 3 fouls.

So as you see... the refs fair shake theory is nothing but hogwash. Artest was actually called for more fouls in games 1 & 2. Durant actually got the same amount of free throws in games 1&2 vs 3&4.

Thes games were not decided by the refs. They were decided by hustle plays and defense.

But you will be out in full force with the other haters should the Lakers actually fix their issues and win... with all your REF bullshit.

midnightpulp
04-27-2010, 03:31 AM
Both of yall are idiots. i am glad he Mavs has choked your team back in to relevance ...that is Great i am HOPING and PRAYING We meet the Spurs in the WCF ...

I will be in San antonio when we win in 6 ...

This has nothing to do with the Spurs.

We're discussing the way Gasol remains unappreciated by most Lakers fans, or more accurately, Lakers homers.

If you still lived in Southern California, you'd understand what I and others are talking about. It's nothing but Kobe, Kobe, Kobe, Kobe. This city is infatuated with him to an obsessive degree and purposely (or ignorantly) underrates his supporting cast to further inflate Kobe's already inflated status.

You guys really don't understand what kind of player Gasol is. There's exactly two remaining star bigmen who actually have post games. One is Duncan, who is on the decline, and Pau Gasol. Having a post player is a huge, huge advantage in the post-season. Why do you think the Spurs and Lakers have 8 out the last 10 'ships? Shaq, Duncan, Gasol. Why do you think Dirk is still looking for his first title? Dallas has never had a legit post presence.

And on top of Gasol, you have Bynum. But to hear the homers spin it, Kobe is the father, the son, and the holy spirit who can transcend all limitations and lead his team to the promise land no matter what.

And my view is not unique to Kobe. I think most wing players are extremely overrated (Lebron appears to be the "truth"), but they are more marketable and the media has been salivating for the next Jordan for over a decade, and in hopes of manufacturing the next MJ, the league has accommodated with rule changes, aggressive marketing campaigns, and sound bite analysis (you'll always see the clutch shot Wade, or Kobe, or Lebron makes, but never the 4 missed shots that came before it).

TheMACHINE
04-27-2010, 01:48 PM
wow did I actually see a fucktard saying that the refs favor the Lakers in this series

RedsLakers24
04-27-2010, 02:30 PM
Noooooooo, this is a jynx

Morg1411
04-27-2010, 03:59 PM
lol Lakers

spursballer21
04-27-2010, 05:59 PM
i think he should shut up

midnightpulp
04-27-2010, 06:59 PM
Gasol is soft and is a pussy. He had that label before LA and he will continue to have that label. Pau was such a laughing stock in this league that the Bulls refused to part with Deng to get Pau. We gave him a shot at glory and a chance to play with one of the greatest players EVER with the greatest organization of all time. He should thank us for what little recognition he does get. If he doesn't like it then he can ask for a trade. We will gladly oblige him. Don't talk to us about winning titles, we make it look easy, and will continue to do so long after both Pau and Kobe.

No you don't. You guys have a 50% winning all time in the Finals.

Anyhow, not surprised by your take. You seem to have a bias against big men. Never once seen you compliment one, whether it'd be Shaq, Duncan, Gasol, or even Kareem.