PDA

View Full Version : if Spurs win game 5, they = true title contenders

poop
04-27-2010, 12:28 AM
game 5 is in dallas. spurs have won 3 straight games. elimination game. dallas is at home and will come out like a bullet from a rifle. i honestly dont think the spurs will win game 5. if dallas comes out playing hard and with heart, and the spurs still win, id say they have as good a chance at the title as anyone.
wisdom of poop

MaNu4Tres
04-27-2010, 12:38 AM
Take it one game, one series at a time...

It's the first round..

No need to crown the Spurs champions after being up in a first round series.

spursbird
04-27-2010, 03:14 AM
They already are.

MateoNeygro
04-27-2010, 03:28 AM
take it one game, one series at a time...

It's the first round..

No need to crown the spurs champions after being up in a first round series.

100% agreement.

SpurmzKilla
04-27-2010, 03:59 AM
game 5 is in dallas. spurs have won 3 straight games. elimination game. dallas is at home and will come out like a bullet from a rifle. i honestly dont think the spurs will win game 5. if dallas comes out playing hard and with heart, and the spurs still win, id say they have as good a chance at the title as anyone.
wisdom of poop

if yo eat food then later on yo gonna have poop come out yo azz.

now that's some wisdom yo

Arrowch4
04-27-2010, 04:07 AM
If we keep playing like we did the last three games. I think so. they seem to be peeking at the right time. If the bench stays hot and we maintain that level of DEF. It will be a fun ride.

TDMVPDPOY
04-27-2010, 04:17 AM
we win this game, we should get a bye in the 2nd round against teh suns, cause they will not put up a challenge and wasting our time when we all know the result

MaNu4Tres
04-27-2010, 04:25 AM
we win this game, we should get a bye in the 2nd round against teh suns, cause they will not put up a challenge and wasting our time when we all know the result

Suns are actually playing great basketball. That city and team's championship is the next round if the Spurs are fortunate to win one more game against a tough Mavs team. It will be a tough out.

100%duncan
04-27-2010, 07:08 AM
They already are and if they win in game 5 I will not be surprised. I know game 5 is gonna be tough for both teams especially its on dallas and with joe crawford just like what everyone is saying but the spurs can win on game 5. 110% sure

sa_butta
04-27-2010, 08:08 AM
If we win game 5 I think we have a long road ahead and a tough 2nd round matchup.

cd98
04-27-2010, 08:08 AM
If the Spurs do move on to the next round, they'll need to win this game and rest. Both of these teams are older. Either team that makes it out of this series is going to be worn down and get run out of the building by the Suns or Portland if they don't get at least a few days rest inbetween.

coyotes_geek
04-27-2010, 08:10 AM
It's still too early to say the Spurs are title contenders, regardless of what happens tonight.

TDMVPDPOY
04-27-2010, 08:19 AM
crowning urself champions, isnt that what the mavs did everytime they beat us? but fail in the next round

MavDynasty
04-27-2010, 08:23 AM
But I have tickets to game 6! They'll still be title contenders in my eyes if they lose game 5. They should sit Tim and Manu!

When you have tickets to say, game 6, and Dallas ends up getting eliminated in game 5, what happens? Do they refund you or do you get to go to a future game?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-27-2010, 08:25 AM

It's the first round..

This man said it best. :tu

On a roll today! :)

texbound
04-27-2010, 08:37 AM
if yo eat food then later on yo gonna have poop come out yo azz.

now that's some wisdom yo

http://www.turnoffyourtv.com/commentary/morons/idiocracy2.jpg

Please do the world a favor and don't Procreate.

SpurCharger
04-27-2010, 09:20 AM
I dont Know about that.... We can beat The Suns.... but it will not be easy.... They Want to beat the spurs so bad, and this is probably the best Suns Team We may play in the playoffs....

Agloco
04-27-2010, 09:37 AM
wisdom of poop

What if they win Game 7 instead? Are they not contenders then?

21_Blessings
04-27-2010, 09:38 AM
Again, Dallas was NEVER a contender to begin with. So no. Moping up a mediocre team known for choking on its own dick in the post-season does not make you a true contender.

Agloco
04-27-2010, 09:40 AM

It's the first round..

To borrow a quote from, ahem, somebody:

The Spurs are just beating a team they're supposed to beat.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-27-2010, 09:47 AM
they have been playing title-contending BB for the last 3 games. Playing at that level, very few teams can compete against them, the problem is, can you sustain that effort each game for the next 15 games or so? they showed they are playing at a championship level, more 2005's than 2007's level IMO. We'll see.

urunobili
04-27-2010, 09:57 AM
lol whoever gets out of this series may very well fall easily to the Suns... as much as we have a revenge thing going on they will have one vengeance motivation vs. us :depressed

GSH
04-27-2010, 10:14 AM
Winning Game 5 doesn't do anything but get them into the second round earlier. There are a bunch of other things that do make them title contenders.

The last few seasons, the Spurs have looked sort of robotic, like they were just grinding away at their system. In the last few games, they have started showing some real passion for knocking a team out. That will make them a contender.

Last year, and most of this year, they had key injuries. Now they have everybody pretty much healthy. That will make them a contender.

The last few seasons they had too many players that were too far past their prime. (JV, Finley, Horry. Love 'em... too old.) This year they have some young athletic players who are good enough to crack the playoff rotation. That will make them a contender.

The last few seasons, they didn't have another big good enough to really support Duncan. (Elson and Ely? Fab and KT were good guys, but lacking in horsepower.) This year McDyess is awesome in the playoffs, and Blair is a hammer even though he has some rookie limits. That will make them a contender.

In the playoff years, they always had several guys who could step up for 15-20 points on any given night. Not every night, but when the team needed a lift. The last few years, not so much. This year, Hill and Jefferson have stepped up to that role in the playoffs. They could use one more, but maybe those two will be enough to make them a contender.

George Hill and Manu as PG's vs. Benoh Udrih, Jacques Vaughn, and Damon Stoudamire. (Garrett Temple looks like a better safety net than those three guys.) That will make them a title contender.

If nobody goes down to an injury, the Spurs are contenders right now. They won't dominate, but they could scrap out a 7-game series with anyone. Losing Game 5 wouldn't diminish that - the Mavs are a good team, playing at home. If Bonner, Bogans, or Mason catch fire from the other guys (hey, it happens) and start actually making some shots? THAT would make them a strong contender. Maybe that will happen during their days off after winning Game 5.

honestfool84
04-27-2010, 10:24 AM
poop, i agree with you.

:tu