PDA

View Full Version : Dez Bryant

MaNu4Tres
04-27-2010, 03:54 AM
Has anyone been able to hear any of his interviews?

The guy sounds like a dunce.

Hopefully it translates to hall of fame performances on the field.

Whisky Dog
04-27-2010, 08:54 AM
That's probably a result of being uncomfortable in an interview setting coupled with the immaturity to know how to handle that feeling and not come off like that. Derek Rose had that same problem.

Vinnie_Johnson
04-27-2010, 11:01 AM
Has anyone been able to hear any of his interviews?

The guy sounds like a dunce.

Hopefully it translates to hall of fame performances on the field.

He was a second team All Academic his JR year so he is not dumb. There is a nice story of how he has overcome learning challenges to excel in school I saw at some point awhile back. But yes he is not that well spoken seems like a nice kid though lots of Yes Sir.

Obstructed_View
04-27-2010, 11:05 AM
I've heard that he can't get anywhere on time. He might have been half asleep.

Vinnie_Johnson
04-27-2010, 11:15 AM
I've heard that he can't get anywhere on time. He might have been half asleep.

You know Jerry will have people taking him everywhere and watching him he will be fine kid is not a trouble maker. It's funny how all this crap has been stirred up like he is a thug and criminal. As far as I know the only thing he has done was lie about going to Deion's house.

Whisky Dog
04-27-2010, 11:38 AM
Yeah he doesn't have any criminal past or seemingly any indication that he would be an asshole locker room cancer like TO. All Ive heard is he was late a couple times to practice. If it's a morning practice then I look at that as well as the way he sounded on a morning radio show and say he might be like me - the extreme opposite of a morning person. I can't function for shit in the morning no matter how much sleep I get. It takes me until about 10 to really start to rev up into form, and he might be the same way.

Obstructed_View
04-27-2010, 04:34 PM
You know Jerry will have people taking him everywhere and watching him he will be fine kid is not a trouble maker. It's funny how all this crap has been stirred up like he is a thug and criminal. As far as I know the only thing he has done was lie about going to Deion's house.

Agreed. To add to it, I'm not sure I blame him for lying about it either. Those kids aren't allowed to have a side job, don't get enough money for anything legitimately, make millions of dollars for their schools, and get questioned left and right about everything they do. If their parents don't have money I don't really see how they can function without breaking rules.

Obstructed_View
04-27-2010, 06:46 PM
And the kid got asked some brutal questions by the NFL teams, and by all accounts answered them completely and honestly. I'm seriously rooting for this kid to do well, regardless of his being in Dallas.

JMarkJohns
04-27-2010, 08:21 PM
He was asked if his mom was a prostitute. Absolutely uncalled for, no matter the reason.

Spursfan092120
04-27-2010, 08:34 PM
Dunce? Kid sounds real humble to me, and sounds like a guy who's ready to play the game. Not sure what interview you were watching.

MajorMike
04-28-2010, 04:59 PM
Just hope his irregular heartbeat isn't an issue.

JamStone
04-28-2010, 06:13 PM
He was asked if his mom was a prostitute. Absolutely uncalled for, no matter the reason.

I agree it was inappropriate. But a few things to consider:

1) What if the team (the Dolphins) that asked him had some information that his mom was in fact a prostitute? I'm not saying she is because I don't know. I'm just saying as thorough as these teams are with their background checks, is it a legitimate topic to bring up? In almost every situation the answer is no. But this is no regular $60,000 a year job. This is the NFL. This is a field where the employees are in the major spotlight and this is a sport that has a lot of image issues regarding everything from drugs to murder to sexual assault. There are some teams that may be extra cautious as to what types of players they want to acquire regardless of the talent. Inappropriate question, but I think perhaps for the NFL, it might be the type of question that some teams feel they need to ask.

2) What if they weren't asking the question to get an answer, but rather they were asking the question to see his reaction? Sometimes in job interviews it's not always about the answer to a question but how you answer the question. Again, this isn't an ordinary job. You can probably learn a lot about a person and how that person handles pressure and adversary by seeing how they react and respond to such a disrespectful question.

Just a couple different ways of looking at it. Still pretty absurd to ask a question like that. I'm just trying to guess Miami's angle was coming from.

The Gemini Method
04-28-2010, 06:53 PM
Very good points by Jam Stone...

Being a pro athlete these days means there is so much scrutiny that every move you make good/bad is going to be overexposed. I'm sure that's why you have to be skeptical when drafting. Do you want to take your chance on a supremely gifted athlete that may/may not have character issues. Now, what his mother does is no bearing on how he'll act on the field. But Dez Bryant hasn't had the squeaky clean record that would give him the benefit of the doubt. So, teams are going to ask some hard questions. Owners are investing millions on these players to up hold the sense of camaraderie the franchise may have with the public and its fans. Protect against having their own Rothlisberger or Pacman because it will not only tarnish your image, but it could drive loyal fans away and revenues can possibly start to decline. I do hope that Dez does go on to a long, productive, and rather quiet career. I'm not a Cowboys fan, but if he does well--they'll be laughing for a long time to come.

Blake
04-28-2010, 07:40 PM
In almost every situation the answer is no.

In every situation the answer should be no, imo

Whisky Dog
04-29-2010, 08:13 AM
It's never an appropriate question, and if it's part of what is considered a job interview it should be illegal.

The only way to answer that question is to grab the picture of his wife/family that the douche asshole asking the question has on his desk and say "funny you ask, I was just about to ask the same thing about your wife". The interviewer can't get mad or else you say "well, that tells me a lot. You ask me something like that about my mother and when I do the same in turn about your wife you lose your composure and find it inappropriate? Is this how people in your organization handle pressure? This disappoints me. Here's an idea. If a question is so inappropriate that it upsets you when you're asked then don't ask other people that question".

Boom, you now have instant bad ass status.

RealEstateDude
04-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Jeff Ireland: Is your momma a prostitute son?
Dez: Whaa???

Only interview worthy of news so far...

Mike Ditka: Someone "ought to whack'' Jeff Ireland in the head
Posted on Wed., Apr. 28, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
David Moore/Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

Mike Ditka was on a Miami radio show Tuesday afternoon when word broke that Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland had asked receiver Dez Bryant if his mother was a prostitute.

Ditka was on 790 the Ticket to discuss Ricky Williams. But the host ended the show by asking the former NFL player and head coach about the story.

"I think the individual who asked that question, somebody ought to whack him in the head,'' Ditka said. "You don't ask that question. If you think you know it, you know.

"What are you going to confront a young man with that situation for? He probably loves his mother no matter what she is or who she is. Why would somebody do that? I don't understand things like that.

"Maybe I'm naive or I'm old. I don't understand that. Why? What do you get from asking that question? What's it all about? Every bit of information has to be spread out on the table now? Is that it? Everybody's dirty linen has to be out? I disagree with that. I'm sorry."

Host Dan LeBatard then asked Ditka if he would have blamed Bryant if he had reached over the table and slapped Ireland.

"I wouldn't have,'' Ditka said. "The general manager probably deserved it."

JMarkJohns
04-29-2010, 12:58 PM
It's arrogant/asshole NFL types that think because they are the highest level of athletics that a player, for maybe even the first time ever, will be subject to ridicule from opposing players/fans. Millan was all but condoning the question on SC this morning, saying "you need to gauge the reaction"... Well, Bryant played in the Big-12, which is known for pretty heated rivalries. I doubt he made it through without having opposing players and fans bring shit up against him to rile him up. If he didn't have a negative reaction then, WHY THE HELL is asking this question justified?

It's typical NFL execs thinking they are bulletproof.

You can ask about family history without being so callously blunt. This goes for a lot of the questions asked, not just this question.

Harry Callahan
05-01-2010, 04:09 AM
Jeff Ireland was doing what is boss (the New Jersey Con Man) wanted him to do with the line of questioning. The Dolphins may have a ticking time bomb on their roster right now in Brandon Marshall. A great player, but he seems like a more likely candidate to go off the deep end than Dez Bryant, given his history.

Will Marshall's big new contract calm him down and make him happy? I don't know. Some of the prima donna receivers are never happy regardless of their salary.

This may not mean anything, but the mini-camp and post-draft interviews show Dez Bryant to be a kind of soft spoken guy. Many of his answers to questions include "Yes Sir" or "No Sir".

One person who will reach out to Bryant I can almost guarantee you is Bruce Bowen. Why? Because his early life was as difficult or even more difficult than Dez'. Not to mention he is one of the biggest Cowboy fans ever, which is cool by me.

Bukefal
05-01-2010, 05:22 AM
Cowboys rookie receiver Dez Bryant has denied that a question from Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland in a predraft interview asking if his mother was a prostitute was prompted by something Bryant said.

"No, I didn't tell him my dad was a pimp," Bryant said in a text message to ESPN's Ed Werder on Thursday.

A league source told ESPN.com's Matt Mosley details of the conversation first reported by SI.com earlier Friday were accurate. During the meeting, the source said, Ireland asked Bryant -- during a talk about Bryant's upbringing and relationship with family members --- what his father did for a living when Bryant was growing up, which apparently prompted this exchange:

Watkins: Catching His Breath
Dez Bryant caught everything except his breath on a wild Friday, writes ESPNDallas.com's Calvin Watkins. Story

• Check out the Cowboys blog

Bryant: "My dad was a pimp."

Ireland: "What did your mom do [for a living]?"

Bryant: "She worked for my dad."

Ireland: "Your mom was a prostitute?"

Bryant: "No, she wasn't a prostitute."

Following the Cowboys' first rookie minicamp Friday, Bryant was asked about the conversation in the SI.com story.

"No, that's a lie," he said to reporters. "I really don't want to speak on that."

Bryant repeatedly said he didn't want to talk about it.

Well, if this was the case, if it was in this context than I dont see a problem about this question. But its his word against Ireland. I believe Ireland instead of Bryant.

Vinnie_Johnson
05-01-2010, 09:04 AM
Well, if this was the case, if it was in this context than I dont see a problem about this question. But its his word against Ireland. I believe Ireland instead of Bryant.

If that were the case Jeff would have come out and said that in the first place. It is a lie to try to cover this big mess.

badfish22
05-02-2010, 04:42 PM
http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia/multimedia_center.cfm?id=5146D490-EE27-00AD-DB7CEDB5061489A5

Bukefal
05-03-2010, 09:47 AM
Even if Dez Bryant came out of the blue and said his dad was a pimp, that still gives Ireland no right to ask about his mother. That doesn't have shit to do with playing football.

Why not? I mean come on, if ireland asked him normal about the jobs of their parents and bryant says, my dad was a pimp, and then he says; mmy mother worked for him.. than of course its a normal reaction to ask, was your mother a prostitute? cause bryant himself said his mother worked for his father, the pimp. Of course ireland imediatelly links her with being a prostitute for her father, everyone would think that and ask that then, i mean what could she be, a pimp's secretary? :lol

I mean if it really happened like this, then its just a normal response and a normal question, which was put there by bryant himself, cause he said his mother worked for his father, the pimp. Ireland just made a normal reaction to that.

Now, the question is, if this excerpt above really occured or not. But if it did, i see no problem with what ireland did there.

Bukefal
05-03-2010, 11:59 AM
That's true, but asking what your parents are doing for a living, is not such a strange question. You can ask someone about his life and family and experiences.

And also, if you think of how much you are investing in someone, so much money, of course you want to ask him questions about him, his life etc... I certainly would.

samikeyp
05-03-2010, 01:36 PM
That's true, but asking what your parents are doing for a living, is not such a strange question. You can ask someone about his life and family and experiences.

And also, if you think of how much you are investing in someone, so much money, of course you want to ask him questions about him, his life etc... I certainly would.

yes, asking the question "What do your parents do for a living?" is not strange...asking "Was your mother a prostitute?" is.

It may have been rumored or even true but common courtesy dictates that unless Dez brings it up, you don't. In what world is asking if your mom was a whore ever ok? Guess its the 40 year old in me coming out. Oh well, that's what i get for being old school and believing in manners, tact and sportsmanship. :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-03-2010, 02:06 PM
I never really cared about the Dolphins, but between this and their fan base acting like their 11-5 division title was a superbowl win even with the Ravens curbstomping has made them quickly become one of my least favorite teams.

Cowboys >>>> Dolphins. I can't wait for the Wildcuck offense to blow dick this year.

Blake
05-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Do you understand this is the NFL and teams are going to be handing out millions of fucking dollars to the players they draft. I would assume they want to know every aspect of his life and past before making him a primary facet of their draft and roster.

so to you, there is no question that is off limits.

Blake
05-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Not in NFL interviews for draftees.

millions of fucking dollars. I'm not leaving questions off the board, and some questions are used to garner reactions.

What reaction was he looking for here? I'm not sure what normal person wouldn't get pissed off if asked if his mother is a prostitute.

Even Tebow might have got pissed since his mom's supposedly a virgin.

Blake
05-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Yeah I really pulled a Jeff Ireland there.

boom, kroasted

Goran Dragic
05-03-2010, 03:31 PM
I'll employ an entire team full of prostitute babies if they'll do better than 7-9.

Hey, at least they won the superbowl the year prior.

Greg Oden
05-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Why not? I mean come on, if ireland asked him normal about the jobs of their parents and bryant says, my dad was a pimp, and then he says; mmy mother worked for him.. than of course its a normal reaction to ask, was your mother a prostitute? cause bryant himself said his mother worked for his father, the pimp. Of course ireland imediatelly links her with being a prostitute for her father, everyone would think that and ask that then, i mean what could she be, a pimp's secretary? :lol

I mean if it really happened like this, then its just a normal response and a normal question, which was put there by bryant himself, cause he said his mother worked for his father, the pimp. Ireland just made a normal reaction to that.

Now, the question is, if this excerpt above really occured or not. But if it did, i see no problem with what ireland did there.

What the hell do you care, american football fan from fucking Macedonia?

Goran Dragic
05-03-2010, 03:35 PM
:lol, Dicknaldo Blowmen is still experiencing the 7 win ecstasy from last year. Great season for Dolphins fans.

Greg Oden
05-03-2010, 03:35 PM
boom, kroasted

krofl

Goran Dragic
05-03-2010, 03:38 PM
Watch Run Ricky Run and then you'll understand why they employ him.

They employ Ricky because he's a good running back. Let's not pretend they employ him because of some life experience he had.

Goran Dragic
05-03-2010, 03:40 PM
And Faggot Dragic is still excited for the downfall of the Cardinals with shitty QB Leinart coming up.

Good luck with that.

Cardinals have a much better future than the Dolphins. I hope giving Karlos Dansby Ray Lewis money works out well for you. After a rebuilding year when they come to the realization Leinart has no future in the NFL, the Cardinals will be good again. When the NFL gets a salary cap again, the Dolphins are fucked.

Greg Oden
05-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Usually people wait till the team they root for has an established player before using him in an argument about who's superior.

lol chad henne

Blake
05-03-2010, 03:59 PM
I see.

Can you tell me whats wrong with Henne? Whats negative about his play?

Not really lol material

what's right with Henne?

Blake
05-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Doesn't fumble and knows how to secure the ball when getting blindsided or hit.

hm. good point.

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/82592713.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA5481C910E64E52867E0 D6C1A5E1AB0A41511E45BB3A7AD6E868E30A760B0D811297

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/91423095.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D053A145EB129FEDB0 7609F83884DA516B189EE06A9760C1A6E30A760B0D811297

http://media.scout.com/media/image/37/379624.jpg

Goran Dragic
05-03-2010, 04:22 PM
Yes I'm dead serious, you're not thinking about what's going to happen when the NFL gets a salary cap again. Arizona used to capless year to get rid of their bad contracts and set themselves up with future financial flexibility to make roster improvements when there is a salary cap, meanwhile Miami used to capless year to overpay players that woudln't have gotten close to that money any other year. If we wanna compare positions though

Arizona QB << Miami QB (keep in mind though that's not Arizona's longterm plan at QB)

Arizona RB = Miami RB (when healthy Ronnie Brown is a beast but he's got health concerns. Beanie Wells finished last year strong and shows top 5 RB potential)

Arizona WR > Miami WR (Fitzgerald > Marshall, Breaston > Bess)

Arizona O-line = Miami O-line (Miami has more talent on their line, but Arizona has the best O-line coach in the NFL and now has a veteran presence in Faneca Miami lacks)

Who gives a fuck about fullback

Arizona D-line >>> Miami D-line (Calais Campbell, Dan Williams and Dockett is basically the perfect 3-4 D-line, meanwhile Miami still has several question marks there)

Arizona LBs = Miami LBs (both teams have 1 proven player and a bunch of young players at LB, it's impossible to tell which team has better LB's, so it's a push)

Arizona secondary > Miami secondary (Adrian Wilson, Kerry Rhodes and DRC would all be the best defensive back on Miami)

That factored in with all the cap room AZ will have a year from now

Arizona's future > Miami's future

Goran Dragic
05-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Rofl maybe I was wrong saying Henne is that much better than Leinart, I just assumed he put up good numbers last year given how much Balkman likes to chug his glug, but he had 12 picks and 14 interceptions, wtf is so good about that :lmao

gaKNOW!blee
05-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Rofl maybe I was wrong saying Henne is that much better than Leinart, I just assumed he put up good numbers last year given how much Balkman likes to chug his glug, but he had 12 picks and 14 interceptions, wtf is so good about that :lmao

This has kind of been my point the last few months about Dolphins and Jets...people assume these teams are serious contenders. Why? because they have QB's who were selected high in the draft? Just because they are young doesnt guarantee they improve...Sanchez and Henne both sucked last year IMO.

Goran Dragic
05-03-2010, 04:40 PM
This has kind of been my point the last few months about Dolphins and Jets...people assume these teams are serious contenders. Why? because they have QB's who were selected high in the draft? Just because they are young doesnt guarantee they improve...Sanchez and Henne both sucked last year IMO.

At least Sanchez has proven that he can be the starting QB on a team that gets to the AFC championship game and not fuck things up beforehand, Chad Henne can't even say that much.

gaKNOW!blee
05-03-2010, 04:40 PM
At least Sanchez has proven that he can be the starting QB on a team that gets to the AFC championship game and not fuck things up beforehand, Chad Henne can't even say that much.

True.

Goran Dragic
05-03-2010, 04:44 PM
:lmao, the one year Leinart started most of Arizona's games at QB, he put up nearly identical numbers to Henne last year, and that was his rookie year with Denny Green, maybe the worst offensive line in the NFL, and Fitz playing through a hamstring injury most of the season. Leinart = Chad Henne

Bukefal
05-03-2010, 05:11 PM
yes, asking the question "What do your parents do for a living?" is not strange...asking "Was your mother a prostitute?" is.

It may have been rumored or even true but common courtesy dictates that unless Dez brings it up, you don't. In what world is asking if your mom was a whore ever ok? Guess its the 40 year old in me coming out. Oh well, that's what i get for being old school and believing in manners, tact and sportsmanship. :lol

I know its strange if you would ask that question just like that, out of nowhere. But, it is not strange if that excerpt i posted above, really happened. If it was said/asked in that context, then I dont see a problem.

But its the question if that excerpt/dialogue happened or not.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Beanie Wells does not equal Ronnie. Thats asinine.

Dolphins RB > Zona
Ronnie Brown has had a season ending injury 2 of the last 3 years. Either way I'll give it to you because of depth behind Brown and how good he is when healthy, but Wells has potential to be one of the best backs in the NFL.

Dolphins QB > Zona
Based on what? Matt Leinart's rookie season is nearly identical to Chad Henne's sophomore season. Neither one has done anything to put himself past the other.

Dolphins O-Line > Zona
Russ Grimm is a beast but Jake Long, John Jerry, Jake Grove, Richie Incognito, and Vernon Carey is better than Zona along with Dave DeGuillermo who was the O-Line coach for Superbowl champs Giants.
Both lines are inconsistent and middle of the pack. Arizona's line gets in trouble when the play calling gets too pass happy and the DE's don't have to play the run, Miami gets in trouble when the other team stacks the box against them. Neither line has given any reason why it's better than the other line.

Dolphins D-Line > Zona.
Are you fucking kidding me? Dockett is the only good player there. Campbell is decent and Dan Williams is a wildcard. Kendall Langford has been graded out as one of the best Defensive Ends in a 3-4. Jared Odrick only adds to this and Randy Starks had a coming out party last year with 65 tackles and 7 sacks.
God this reeks of homerism and ignorance. Darnell Dockett made his 2nd pro bowl last year after managing to get 7 sacks and 51 tackles and basically anchoring a defense that got the 6th most sacks last year. Given the fact there's not a single pro bowl birth on Miami's D-line, he's by far better than any of them.
Raving about the 65 tackle, 7 sack breakout year Randy Starks had right after you described Campbell as "decent" makes you look particularily retarded. Why does it make you look retarded you ask? Well, lets start with the fact Starks had 56 tackles, not 65. More importantly, it's probably because of the fact that Campbell, the player you refered to as "decent", had a nearly identical season with 7 sacks and 46 tackles :lmao. Other than 7 solo tackles and 3 assisted tackles, the only difference is Starks needed 6 seasons in the NFL to attain that "breakout year" as you so kindly put it. Campbell's nearly identical "decent year" came in only his 2nd season and 1st season as starter. So, I guess you could say Starks = Campbell, but given Campbell's potential and room for growth, it's a safe bet most GM's would take him over Starks.
Dan Williams was thought of by some to be a top 10 prospect and has the size, athleticism and build to be a great 3-4 NT. Considering that, and the fact Miami only took Odrick becaus Arizona took Williams two picks in front of Miami when they wanted him all along, anyone with an unbiased opinion would agree Williams is better than Odrick. It's pretty impossible to make a legitimate argument that Miami's D-line is better than Arizona's.

Dolphins Secondary > Zona
Yeah Kerry Rhodes is fucking terrible. The Jets benched him and gave his spot to some white boy safety whose terrible too. Rhodes is overrated and even Rex Ryan whose a defensive minded coach knew it. I've watched a bunch of Jets games because I am Dolphins fan, Rhodes blows.
Rhodes had a bad year adjusting to Rex Ryan's system. When he was playing in Mangini's system he was 2nd team all NFL one year. He doesn't suck because he had 1 bad year in a system after being a good (not great, but good) safety the 4 previous years.

I like Wilson, he's good. But youve lost your mind if you think theres one GM in the NFL that would take Zonas Secondary over Miamis. Vontae Davis and Sean Smith are both BEASTS and Yeremiah Bell is one of the best Strong Safety's in the NFL. Not being a homer with Bell, he had 114 tackles and 3 picks last season with 1 missed tackle. Yes only 1 missed tackle. And he had 127 the season before.
I'll give you the fact Davis and Smith are a good young duo at corner, but neither one of them is as good as Cromartie. Yeah the Cardinals traded McFadden but he blew, Greg Toler a rookie last year came on late and was the one bright spot during the Saints game. He's supposedly wowing coaches in training camp. There's a reason why the best safeties in the NFL rarely have huge tackle numbers. Tackles are a terrible way to measure how good a safety is. Yeah, Yeremiah Bell and Gibril Wilson both had tons of tackles. You know why? Because Miami's front seven was too shitty to stop the offense without safety help. When the safeties are the two leading tacklers on a defense, it's not a testimate to how good the safeties are, it's a testimate to how bad the defense is. I'm sure Kerry Rhodes will have more tackles than last year because the Jets don't let nearly as many plays get to the secondary as the Cardinals do. Arizona's secondary > Miami's, not by much, but the fact Cromartie and Wilson are way better than anyone in Miami's secondary tips the scale.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Again, look at who Leinarts wideouts and Tight ends were compared to Henne's
Look at how bad Leinart's O-line was his rookie year. He had absolutely no running game to take pressure off him, plus the coaching staff was bad beyond belief. Yeah Chad Henne lacked receiving weapons but he had Miami's running threat to help him and an all pro left tackle to protect his blind side.

Randy Starks is 3 years older than Campbell and was in Tennessee his first 3 years and couldnt crack the rotation until his last year there.
That's got nothing to do with your blatantly ignorant comment that he had a breakout year while Campbell is just "decent" after putting up almost identical numbers in his 1st season as a starter.

Actually the Dolphins did not want Williams. Thats asinine to think because they decided to move Randy Starks to NT prior to the draft. Thus, drafting Odrick. The idea of them not taking Williams really makes no sense for they had the #12 pick and Williams was sitting right there. If they wanted him, they would not have traded down with San Diego.
Well maybe they thought he would be available at #28, there were countless sources saying the Dolphins were interested in Williams as a way to fill their void at nose tackle. You're not gonna find too many experts who had Odrick ranked ahead of Williams on their draft board.
All this proves is that AZ's D-line is undeniably better than Miami's. For arguments sake I'll just say Odrick's impact cancels out Williams' impact even though most think Williams is a better prospect. The "average value" stat on pro-football-reference.com tells the story. Last year, Dockett had a value of 13, Campbell had a value of 8, while Starks had a value 7 and Langford had a value of 5. I admitted I was stretching saying AZ = Miami at RB, admit you were completely wrong saying Miami has a better D-line than Arizona.

Have you seen Kherry Rhodes play recently? He has basically 0 instincts and is a huge pussy and can barely tackle. I hope you enjoy his shitiness when you see him play. McFadden was a bust and Greg Toler has proved nothing in the NFL with 11 tackles.
He was lost in Ryan's scheme, plain and simple. Before Ryan he was a good safety. It's a mystery how he does on Arizona but one bad season doesn't completely negate a several year long good career. I'm not worried about the fact he wasn't able to be Rex Ryan's new Ed Reed. Neither Sean Smith or Vontae Davis are proven at all, they're both two young corners who have all the physical tools but have a lot to learn.

And actually Miami's front seven was not that bad in containing the run. Bell was an in-box safety and was basically a fourth linebacker and on passing downs he went back out of the box for coverage. for a closer look here, the rushing attack against them was held in check mostly by the front 7.
OK thanks for proving my point. Bell didn't play like a defensive back, he played up front because the other 7 needed his help making tackles. Because they had to have a safety play in the box, it in turn hurt their pass D.

I'll give the fact that Wilson had 2 more picks, but Bell had 30 more tackles.
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao
I'll tell you what else Wilson had this year:
1 more first team all pro selection
1 more probowl birth that wasn't contingent on being a replacement
Are you seriously trying to compare a safety who has never sniffed a probowl with 4 career interceptions to a 3 time probowler who is 1 of only 10 players ever with 20 career picks and 20 career sacks? It's beyond hilarious to say you aren't being a homer with Bell, I don't even think Bell's mother thinks he belongs anywhere near the tier Wilson is on.

So its not like Bell was just doing clean-up work, he was hitting players when they barely made 3-4 yard gains and near the LOS
So he was a good linebacker last year. OK. The fact they needed a safety to play up in the box to help against the run indirectly indicates their front 7 needed help.

I will give you possibly the fact that Zona might have a inch of a better safety players due to the fact that Gibril Wilson blew balls last year and was cut. I think Chris Clemons will start there, and hes a 4.33 6'1 220 beast.
Wilson and Rhodes have a combined 38 career picks. Chris Clemons and Yeremiah Bell have a combined 4 career interceptions. Adrian Wilson might be a future HOFer and Yeremiah Bell is a safety who's job is to play linebacker. Kerry Rhodes is someone coming off a bad year who used to play at a pro bowl level, and Chris Clemons is an unproven 5th rounder. The Cardinals have BY FAR better safeties.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-03-2010, 09:01 PM
QB: Dolphins
RB: Dolphins
WR: Zona
OLine: Dolphins
DLine: Zona
LBs: =
Secondary: Zona

As long as it's established there isn't much of a difference at O-line.

samikeyp
05-03-2010, 10:37 PM

Why?

I am curious.

IMO, "mother" and "prostitute" should never be in the same sentence. It can only be insulting.

Goran Dragic
05-04-2010, 12:59 AM
Damn, Miami was like the greatest 7-9 team ever.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

DMX7
05-04-2010, 02:06 AM
Dez Bryant? I hear his mother is a crack dealing whore.

Bukefal
05-04-2010, 04:19 AM
It had previously been known that Angela Bryant was convicted for selling crack cocaine in 1997 and served 18 months in prison.

Lufkin, Texas, police records acquired by ESPN on Monday show that she also was arrested in April 2009 after she was caught selling crack cocaine to police informants. In August, she was found guilty of two felony counts for possession of a controlled substance and the manufacture and delivery of a controlled substance, and she was sentenced to 10 years' probation.

Yahoo Sports first reported that Ireland had asked Bryant during a pre-draft interview if his mother was a prostitute. SI.com later reported that Ireland's question was a follow-up to Bryant saying his father was a pimp and his mother worked for his father. Bryant denied ever telling Ireland his father was a pimp.

J.T.
05-04-2010, 04:24 AM
Week 2 vs Ind
Yards Rushing:11 rushes for 61 yards for 5.1 average, 1 TD
Main/Star Back: Joseph Addai - 6 rushes for 32 yards and 5.3 average

Stats are cool unless you don't win. Like how Addai posted a monster game in the Super Bowl only to have Peyton and Reggie sell the team out because they couldn't give up being Saints fans.

J.T.
05-04-2010, 04:31 AM
To be honest this whole incident is just a massive failure on the part of Ireland for not being on the up-and-up with slang in 2010. My dad's a pimp too, but he hasn't been laid since 1997 and is in the friend zone with every woman he knows on account of he could probably be mistaken for Rex Ryan.

Now I mean, could Bryant's mom have really been a prostitute? I'm sure it pays better than Burger King.

Goran Dragic
05-04-2010, 05:11 AM
Thank god Miami didn't take Dez Bryant, they might get up to 8-8 :wow

Goran Dragic
05-04-2010, 09:03 AM
So your argument is a bullshit statistic no one has ever heard of that I'm guessing you probably have no idea how it's calculated. OK. According to this stat

Man, I'm curious, how is it that has 2 of the top 6 3-4 DE's according to this ultimate stat, with Shaun Rogers at NT, yet they had one of the top 5 worst rush D's in the NFL. That makes tons of sense.

Goran Dragic
05-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Fair enough. I'm not saying Arizona's O-line is good or anything I just don't know wtf is so special about Miami's O-line outside of Jake Long.

sa_butta
05-05-2010, 10:15 AM
vernon carey their rt, is one of the best in the game. No one hears about him, but statistically he is top 5 rt. He gave up only 4 sacks the entire year and rarely got beat.

The dolphins line is good, they produced 250 yards rushing at buffalo and 240 at indy. They had one of the leagues best rushing attacks in 2008 and 2009 until ronnie got hurt. Even then ricky had 1,000 + yards rushing last year while being a backup.

We also added hot-head Richie Incognito, if he can keep his cool he will be a nice addition to the line.

Spursfan092120
05-17-2010, 09:49 PM
PdLbV0_K6Zg

Kid looks pretty good...

Dr. Gonzo
05-17-2010, 10:08 PM
lol crack whore mother

scottspurs
05-17-2010, 10:31 PM
PdLbV0_K6Zg

Kid looks pretty good...

Can't wait. The boys offense is going to be unreal.

Vinnie_Johnson
05-17-2010, 11:33 PM
lol crack whore mother

Very classy.

Roddy Beaubois
05-17-2010, 11:43 PM
http://espn.go.com/dallas/video/clip?id=5196958&categoryid=4492070

Dez beats pro bowl corner Jenkins at :20

slick'81
05-17-2010, 11:48 PM
lol jenkins trying to get physical and got owned

Roddy Beaubois
05-18-2010, 06:19 PM
http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia/multimedia_center.cfm?id=AD975AD1-D4B8-FB9D-036C13A4CD82FB7A

Spursfan092120
05-18-2010, 11:46 PM
Very classy.
wouldn't expect anything better coming from him...don't worry...he's just a hater Texan fan.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-19-2010, 11:38 PM
He is proof that crack babies were always a myth.

If anything crack has positive effects on the fetus.

Roddy Beaubois
05-26-2010, 07:25 PM
Roy on Dez: "The dude is scary."

Some have dismissed Roy Williams as delusional with his comments this off-season.

He's not. The spirit of what Williams has to say is often taken the wrong way by those who are not there when he makes the comments. He's not full of bluster. He's thoughtful. He also rejects the notion that his contract gives him an edge when it comes to the battle for a starting receiver spot.

"It is a fair competition for the spot,'' Williams said. "My thing is, if you're good enough, come get it.

"I've been working really hard this off-season. Obviously, something I've been doing these past two years hasn't been working so I took it another step further and it's working pretty good this year.

"I hope it can translate on the field. But if it doesn't, No. 88 is going to be right there. He's that good. He's going to be right there regardless. I've got to stay on my game.''

But Williams isn't finished when it comes to talking about No. 88, Dez Bryant.

"The dude is scary,'' Williams said. "The dude is good and he doesn't even know it yet. Once the light bulb goes on he will probably be the best in the league.

"He's a man among boys. He's got big hands. Real big hands. When he shakes my hand, his fingers come up to my elbows.''

gaKNOW!blee
05-26-2010, 08:23 PM
the Broncos are going to be kicking themselves even more than the Raiders last year.

Bryant > Crabtree, and MC is really good.

Blake
05-26-2010, 08:36 PM
Bryant > Crabtree, and MC is really good.

because crazy Roy said so? :lol a little premature jac there

Dez might be better because he's got the better QB throwing the ball, but MC did some good things as a rookie even after missing all of camp and the 1st half of the year

gaKNOW!blee
05-26-2010, 08:41 PM
because crazy Roy said so? :lol a little premature jac there

Dez might be better because he's got the better QB throwing the ball, but MC did some good things as a rookie even after missing all of camp and the 1st half of the year

no because i said so and im allowed to have an opinion.

Crabtree is awesome...are you that much of a homer you cant even take someone complimenting your favorite player without getting all pissed off?

scottspurs
05-26-2010, 08:51 PM
Even in college everybody already knew Bryant was better than Crabtree.

It's pretty easy:

Bryant>Crabtree

Blake
05-26-2010, 08:57 PM
no because i said so and im allowed to have an opinion.

of course you are allowed to have a premature ejactulated opinion.

Crabtree is awesome...are you that much of a homer you cant even take someone complimenting your favorite player without getting all pissed off?

again, you are allowed to have a premature ejaculated opinion that I am getting all pissed off.

Da Boys Da Best
05-28-2010, 01:48 PM
:lmao

Only a retarded person would think that Crabtree is better than Bryant. Bryant is already a top 5 WR in the league. He will break every single rookie receiving record and before all is said and done he will be the GOAT.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-28-2010, 05:13 PM
Even in college everybody already knew Bryant was better than Crabtree.

It's pretty easy:

Bryant>Crabtree

:lmao Crabtree was one of the best college receivers ever, what a stupid thing to say.

IronMexican
05-28-2010, 05:23 PM
Bryant > Trabtree

IronMexican
05-28-2010, 05:24 PM
And does DoK hate Dez Bryant?

STAT, Nash, Miles Austin, Dez Bryant?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-28-2010, 05:26 PM
I don't care about Dez Bryant, just saying that as a college player Crabtree > Bryant.

gaKNOW!blee
05-28-2010, 05:32 PM
I don't care about Dez Bryant, just saying that as a college player Crabtree > Bryant.

cause of stats?

gaKNOW!blee
05-28-2010, 05:58 PM
Literally Crabtree had 0 flaws in his game at the college level.

Bryant had a few.

Its close but Crabtree was a better college wideout.

i mean i dont watch a ton of Big 12 ball...but in 08 Dez put up better numbers even tho TT threw the ball twice as much.

Blake
06-01-2010, 11:50 AM
cause of stats?

the only player ever with 2 biletnikoff awards.

Blake
06-01-2010, 12:05 PM
i mean i dont watch a ton of Big 12 ball...but in 08 Dez put up better numbers even tho TT threw the ball twice as much.

their numbers were similar. Dez had 300 more yards, Crab had 10 more catches, both had 19 TDs in 2008.

Difference:

Crab had 18 catches for 216 and 4 TDs in wins vs #1 UT and #7(?) Oklahoma St.

Dez had 10 catches for 160 and 0 TDs in losses vs UT and Tech.

29 of his rec, 600+ of his yards and 9 of Dez's TDs came against blowout wins against Houston, Baylor and Iowa St.

Dr. Gonzo
06-01-2010, 12:10 PM
But Dez Bryant is on the Cowboys!!!

Therefore, Bryant >> Crabtree.

Blake
06-01-2010, 12:17 PM
But Dez Bryant is on the Cowboys!!!

Therefore, Bryant >> Crabtree.

Roy Williams said Bryant is really good.

Bryant >> Crabree

Dr. Gonzo
06-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Roy Williams said Bryant is really good.

Bryant >> Crabree

And everybody knows how great Roy Williams is so he must really know what he is talking about.

Bryant >> Steve Largent

badfish22
06-01-2010, 07:54 PM

Good point.
I was a huge Crabtree fan when he played at Tech, but if you asked me which one I would rather have on my team, Id probably go Dez.

samikeyp
06-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Well if Roy said it...then it must be true. :lol

How about letting the kid prove himself against NFL competition? Then we can see who is better. :tu

Spursfan092120
06-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Here's what Ray Sherman said..

Does Bryant bring back memories of any of the other great receivers you’ve coached?
I want to say that he reminds me of somebody but he I think he is in a class by himself because he can do so many things. He’s a punt returner, he’s a kickoff returner…he’s a guy that is a tremendous athlete, a tremendous receiver; he catches the ball as well as anyone I’ve seen. I mean, you can try to compare him with people because they did some of those things, but this young man has the ability: he can utilize the quick twitch and has the speed to get downfield. He’s a powerful guy and I think he’s just different from anybody I’ve seen because I haven’t seen a guy have all these type of qualities. He’s the type of guy that will go inside, take a hit and break tackles.

What was one thing you were most impressed with Bryant and what was one thing you were disappointed with coming out of the three-day minicamp?

I wasn’t disappointed at all in him. What I was impressed with was the way he close a cushion on a defensive back. Now, you take a guy that was 224 pounds; he lines up and the defensive back plays 8-9 yards off of him and you can see this young man close the cushion on the defensive back but also have the ability to go by.
He’s a guy that does something, everyday, that you say, “Wow. This guy is going to be a tremendous talent.”

Is Bryant a listener who will take advice and constructive criticisms in order to get better?
Going back to when we had him here on a visit, he was a young man that listens because he was able to recite and go up on the board and draw up what was presented to him. And even here, he is able to take what he show him in the classroom and on tape from last year and he’s able to go on the field and execute what you’re talking about. And you can also tell him what you want him to do, and he can go out on the field and do it because he understand what you’re talking about. I was excited about him and he just reinforced that even more so, and I happy to have a chance to have him on the field.

Catches the ball as well as anyone he's seen? This is a guy who's coached some of the best receivers of all time. Maybe Roy doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about, but Ray Sherman sure as hell does. This guy's hands are enormous, and he runs REALLY fast for his size. This is the one guy I wanted coming out of the draft, and we got him..I'm stoked.

Roddy Beaubois
06-01-2010, 10:23 PM
Well get ready to be even more stoked! Jerry Jones got word of your "There are more Cowboy fans in SA than Dallas" statement and is moving the franchise to San Antonio!
Its a no brainier considering there is more money to be made. The only question is how big to make the stadium. He sold out the record breaking Jerry World, so who knows how many fans he can get in attendance when he moves to the real cowboy country.

Blake
06-02-2010, 08:54 AM
How about letting the kid prove himself against NFL competition? Then we can see who is better. :tu

premature ejaculating is apparently loads of fun for some

Dr. Gonzo
06-02-2010, 09:00 AM
Wow Ray Sherman spoke highly of his own player?!?

He must be great. Coaches never speak highly of their own players.

Blake
06-02-2010, 09:04 AM
Catches the ball as well as anyone he's seen? This is a guy who's coached some of the best receivers of all time. Maybe Roy doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about, but Ray Sherman sure as hell does. This guy's hands are enormous, and he runs REALLY fast for his size. This is the one guy I wanted coming out of the draft, and we got him..I'm stoked.

http://rlv.zcache.com/hey_nut_hugger_tshirt-p235587211026051574t5tr_400.jpg

Deion Sanders
06-02-2010, 09:55 AM
Michael Trabtree

Deion Sanders
06-02-2010, 09:58 AM
Oh! A phong is ringin!

Roddy Beaubois
06-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Bryant reminds that he's a rookie
June, 2, 2010
By Tim MacMahon

IRVING, Texas -- Dez Bryant's performance in Tuesday's practice won't cause him to be bathed in any more anointing oil.

For the first time in a practice open to the media, Bryant didn't impress.

Bryant had a ball go right through his hands in the end zone during two-minute drills, a session of practice that caused Wade Phillips to question his team's focus. Cornerback Jamar Wall came up with the rebound for an interception on what should have been a touchdown pass from Tony Romo.

There were at least two times Bryant and Romo weren't on the same page with routes.

Once, Bryant simply ran the wrong route, breaking upfield while Romo threw an out. Bryant responded by smacking himself upside the head with both hands.

Another time, Bryant made a sweet diving catch. But the only reason he had to go to the ground to get the ball is because he didn't have the proper depth on the route.

"[Romo] said good catch, but I ran the route a little bit too deep," Bryant said. "He just told me to flatten it down and if he wanted me to go deeper, he’ll put the ball out there for me to go deep.

"I’m glad it’s practice and not the game."

For all the hype, Bryant still has a lot of work to do to get ready for his rookie season.

samikeyp
06-02-2010, 03:03 PM
premature ejaculating is apparently loads of fun for some

Well, it does make the message board world go 'round. :)

manufan10
06-02-2010, 07:49 PM
For all the hype, Bryant still has a lot of work to do to get ready for his rookie season.

Obviously. No matter how good you were in college, you are still going to have to put in a lot of work to get better in the NFL.

Dr. Gonzo
06-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Obviously. No matter how good you were in college, you are still going to have to put in a lot of work to get better in the NFL.

Especially when the player was suspended for almost their entire final year of college for being a dumbass.

Spursfan092120
06-02-2010, 08:31 PM
http://rlv.zcache.com/hey_nut_hugger_tshirt-p235587211026051574t5tr_400.jpg
http://rlv.zcache.com/haterade_tshirt-p235033812359897014t53h_400.jpg

Spursfan092120
06-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Well get ready to be even more stoked! Jerry Jones got word of your "There are more Cowboy fans in SA than Dallas" statement and is moving the franchise to San Antonio!
Its a no brainier considering there is more money to be made. The only question is how big to make the stadium. He sold out the record breaking Jerry World, so who knows how many fans he can get in attendance when he moves to the real cowboy country.
lol posers

Roddy Beaubois
06-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Watch these five rookies
(http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=5241808&sport=nfl)
1. Dez Bryant, WR, Dallas Cowboys: Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was one of the owners who passed on Moss in 1998 because of character questions. Jones couldn't let history repeat itself, so he grabbed Bryant with the 24th pick in the first round.

Bryant is a monster in practice. Like Hakeem Nicks of the Giants, Bryant has massive hands. When he wears gloves in practice, they almost look like boxing gloves because his hands are so big. Plus, he catches everything. One NFL observer at a Cowboys practice came out shaking his head. He said by the end of the season, Bryant will be the Cowboys' best wide receiver. The observer said Bryant will end up being better than Michael Crabtree, who should have a breakout season for the 49ers. Bryant is faster than Crabtree. Both receivers have great hands.

Putting Bryant on an 11-win Cowboys team is almost the same as what we saw last year with Harvin going to a playoff-bound Vikings team. Harvin caught 60 passes and scored eight touchdowns. Bryant may not get 60 catches in an overloaded Cowboys receiving corps, but he could get 10 touchdowns and loads of highlights.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-03-2010, 04:44 PM
I was by no means trying to hate Dez Bryant by saying Crabtree was a better college player. Tbh, the Cowboys are one of the favorites to win the NFC if Miles Austin, Anthony Spencer and Mike Jenkins can build on the season they had last year and if Romo continues to be a consistent guy who doesn't lose his team games.

Spursfan092120
06-03-2010, 07:16 PM
I was by no means trying to hate Dez Bryant by saying Crabtree was a better college player. Tbh, the Cowboys are one of the favorites to win the NFC if Miles Austin, Anthony Spencer and Mike Jenkins can build on the season they had last year and if Romo continues to be a consistent guy who doesn't lose his team games.
Romo needs an offensive line, though. Without someone to guard him, Barber, Felix, and TC, we're going nowhere.

Blake
06-03-2010, 07:54 PM
I was by no means trying to hate Dez Bryant by saying Crabtree was a better college player.

http://rlv.zcache.com/haterade_tshirt-p235033812359897014t53h_400.jpg

Blake
06-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Romo needs an offensive line, though. Without someone to guard him, Barber, Felix, and TC, we're going nowhere.

what position do you play?

Spursfan092120
06-03-2010, 08:51 PM
what position do you play?
What a douche. It's very well known that Jerry Jones has said on many occasions that the fans are a big part of their team.

Whisky Dog
06-04-2010, 12:45 AM
You people are funny. He's a rookie. He hasn't even gone through an NFL training camp yet. He's not even a story yet.

LOL@MavsFan
06-06-2010, 07:38 PM
My mom was a prostitute...and what?

LOL@MavsFan
06-06-2010, 07:40 PM
But Crabtree is better at sinking his hips and running his routes.

He's also better at missing half the season while he cries about making more money when he hasn't played a down in the NFL.:lol

LOL texans
06-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Watching Big XII football, I come away more impressed with Bryant than Crabtree, though I like Crabtree's ability alot too, even though he's a little bitch about things.

Blake
06-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Watching Big XII football, I come away more impressed with Bryant than Crabtree

Just curious, in exactly what games did you see that made you come away more impressed with Dez than Crab.

Spursfan092120
06-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Just curious, in exactly what games did you see that made you come away more impressed with Dez than Crab.
Dude...it's called an opinion...you're allowed to have them just like we are. You're more impressed with Crab..that's fine..we're more impressed with Dez. Crab was in an offense that was ALL passing, so he got a lot more opportunity to showcase his receiving ability, and he has a hell of a lot of it, but as far as raw talent, and those monster freaking hands, we think Dez will be a better pro prospect.

Kyle Orton
06-07-2010, 08:16 PM
average prospect being hyped up by cowboy fans. nothing to see here.

Spursfan092120
06-07-2010, 09:26 PM
average prospect being hyped up by cowboy fans. nothing to see here.
poser Cowboy hater fan trying to stir up Cowboys fans..nothing to see here.

Kyle Orton
06-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Obviously there is something to see here since it worked.

Spursfan092120
06-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Obviously there is something to see here since it worked.
Not sure how you think it worked, but ok, keep thinking that...hasn't changed my opinion at all.

Blake
06-08-2010, 08:20 AM
Dude...it's called an opinion...you're allowed to have them just like we are. You're more impressed with Crab..that's fine..we're more impressed with Dez. Crab was in an offense that was ALL passing, so he got a lot more opportunity to showcase his receiving ability, and he has a hell of a lot of it, but as far as raw talent, and those monster freaking hands, we think Dez will be a better pro prospect.

Dude, are you LOL Texans?

I didn't think so. Shut the fuck up.

Roddy Beaubois
06-08-2010, 02:02 PM

asking guys to cite exact games to validate an opinion is pretty lame imho.

Especially when those games were years ago.

Blake
06-08-2010, 02:43 PM
asking guys to cite exact games to validate an opinion is pretty lame imho.

Especially when those games were years ago.

:lol especially when those games were 2-3 years ago?

It's a fucking messageboard. I'm simply asking someone how he arrived at his opinion.

If Dez was more impressive than Crabtree to him and he watched Big XII football, then surely he can rattle off a game or two that comes to his mind.

Telling me that it's pretty lame to ask someone on a messageboard to recall a game or two is pretty vaginal, imo.

Roddy Beaubois
06-08-2010, 03:24 PM
You really think hes gonna say something like "Well, it was a saturday night in 08, they were playing Tech and Dez made a great catch! That is the moment I decided that Dez was better than crabtree!"

You decide who the better player is over the course of the season. You can't just cite one game or two to prove that one player is the better than another.
Just a stupid question imo.

Blake
06-08-2010, 04:25 PM
You really think hes gonna say something like "Well, it was a saturday night in 08, they were playing Tech and Dez made a great catch! That is the moment I decided that Dez was better than crabtree!"

There was a Saturday night in 08 where Tech was playing UT and Crabtree made a great catch! That was the moment most Biletnikoff voters decided Crab was better than Dez, I'm guessing.

I also recall a Saturday night in 08 where Tech played OkSt and Crab went off for 3 TDs while Dez was nowhere to be found.

You decide who the better player is over the course of the season. You can't just cite one game or two to prove that one player is the better than another.
Just a stupid question imo.

Are you LOL Texans? I'm not asking for your evaluation or what the criteria is for what makes one player better than another.

LOL Texans said he watches(d) Big XII football and came away more impressed with Dez than Crab. Since Oklahoma St isn't on TV every week, I was curious which games he was referring to specifically.

I'm not trying to kick anyone at this time so I'm not sure why you are sticking your ass in front of my foot.

You're a dumbass, imo.

monosylab1k
06-08-2010, 05:03 PM
There's no way you could be more impressed by Dez than Trabtree after seeing them both in college.

For starters, Crabtree actually played his last season at Tech.

IronMexican
06-08-2010, 05:39 PM
Mono, Matt Jones didn't even play WR in college and now he's one of the best WR in the NFL. College means nuffing.

monosylab1k
06-08-2010, 06:39 PM
Mono, Matt Jones didn't even play WR in college and now he's one of the best WR in the NFL. College means nuffing.

And he's still a better QB than that fatass you wasted a #1 overall pick on.

Vinnie_Johnson
06-08-2010, 07:14 PM
poser Cowboy hater fan trying to stir up Cowboys fans..nothing to see here.

:lmao

Spursfan092120
06-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Telling me that I don't have a right to an opinion is pretty vaginal, imo.

Spursfan092120
06-08-2010, 10:12 PM

I didn't think so. Shut the fuck up.
The fuck? Is that your only comeback on the truth? You seriously have a problem with people having an opinion that isn't the same as yours...that makes you pretty fucking arrogant...but I guess I should expect that from you.

Spursfan092120
06-08-2010, 10:14 PM

Are you LOL Texans?
Sounds like someone's obsessed with a certain Colts fan.

Blake
06-09-2010, 12:28 AM
I can't read and can barely write.

Blake
06-09-2010, 12:32 AM
The fuck? Is that your only comeback on the truth? You seriously have a problem with people having an opinion that isn't the same as yours...that makes you pretty fucking arrogant...but I guess I should expect that from you.

"the fuck?" is my question to you, dipshit.

someone gave their opinion and I asked how they came to that. That's it.

You either can't read or you are trying to read between lines that arent really there.

Either way, you are an asstarded moron that doesn't know when to shut the fuck up.

Roddy Beaubois
06-09-2010, 12:55 PM
:cry someone had a different opinion then me so im gonna ask stupid questions then get all butthurt when people call me out

lol blake

Blake
06-09-2010, 01:48 PM
I reverted back to my usual lol schtick after my fail.

lol at you turning tricks

Spursfan092120
06-09-2010, 02:20 PM
"the fuck?" is my question to you, dipshit.

someone gave their opinion and I asked how they came to that. That's it.

You either can't read or you are trying to read between lines that arent really there.

Either way, you are an asstarded moron that doesn't know when to shut the fuck up.
No...it has nothing to do with not knowing when to shut the fuck up. A internet tough guy moron is not going to make me do anything. I'm simply stating the fact that we have an opinion, and some idiot who has decided to question that opinion with an attitude hasn't earned an explanation. And we don't have to give one. We are more impressed with Dez...period. And it wouldn't matter what reason we gave you, it wouldn't be enough...so we choose not to explain.

Blake
06-09-2010, 02:36 PM
No...it has nothing to do with not knowing when to shut the fuck up. A internet tough guy moron is not going to make me do anything. I'm simply stating the fact that we have an opinion, and some idiot who has decided to question that opinion with an attitude hasn't earned an explanation. And we don't have to give one. We are more impressed with Dez...period. And it wouldn't matter what reason we gave you, it wouldn't be enough...so we choose not to explain.

Right, everyone has an opinion.
Right, I questioned that opinion.
Right, I used the words "just curious".
Right, by using the words "just curious" I'm not copping any kind of "attitude".
Right, nobody has to answer the question.
Right, it was and still is no big deal.
Right, you don't have to shut the fuck up when a nasty etough guy like myself says mean words to you.
Right, you still don't know when to shut the fuck up for your own good.
Right, you are asstarded.

Spursfan092120
06-09-2010, 03:37 PM
Right, you still don't know when to shut the fuck up for your own good.

LMAO..was this an E-tough guy threat? Wow...you are one funny fucker...lol...how pathetic. :lmao

Blake
06-09-2010, 04:02 PM
LMAO..was this an E-tough guy threat?

No, threats are lame.

Wow...you are one funny fucker...lol...how pathetic. :lmao

You are one stupid fucker that's been unwillingly bukkaked more times than anyone can count.

Again, you don't know when to shut the fuck up for your own good.

Spursfan092120
06-09-2010, 04:37 PM
No, threats are lame.
And yet you threatened me

You are one stupid fucker that's been unwillingly bukkaked more times than anyone can count.

Again, you don't know when to shut the fuck up for your own good.
Do you ever NOT repeat what other people say when you try to insult them? Unwillingly bukkaked? If you honestly believe I care what anyone says or thinks about me online, when I don't know any of them, you've got to be out of your mind. I don't know your name, and you don't know mine..This is a message board, Blake...wake the fuck up.

J.T.
06-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Do you ever NOT repeat what other people say when you try to insult them? Unwillingly bukkaked? If you honestly believe I care what anyone says or thinks about me online, when I don't know any of them, you've got to be out of your mind. I don't know your name, and you don't know mine..This is a message board, Blake...wake the fuck up.

Homey do you think you could get your pal the Nickelback singer in the studio with me to lay down some tracks?

Greg Oden
06-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Homey do you think you could get your pal the Nickelback singer in the studio with me to lay down some tracks?

let's do it. i've been working on a tasty riff on the triangle.

Spursfan092120
06-09-2010, 05:47 PM
LMAO..damnit JT...

Blake
06-09-2010, 06:10 PM
If you honestly believe I care what anyone says or thinks about me online, when I don't know any of them, you've got to be out of your mind.

obviously you care or you wouldn't respond.

And yet you threatened me

No I didn't.

LMAO you feeling threatened by an anonymous poster on a message board that said you should shut the fuck up.

This is a messageboard, 90210. Wake the fuck up and wipe that white goo off your face.

Spursfan092120
06-09-2010, 06:55 PM
obviously you care or you wouldn't respond.
Nope..don't care about you..just want to let you know how much of a complete moron you sound like.

No I didn't.

LMAO you feeling threatened by an anonymous poster on a message board that said you should shut the fuck up.

This is a messageboard, 90210. Wake the fuck up and wipe that white goo off your face.
I'm sorry...where I come from, someone saying, "You don't know when to shut the fuck up for your own good" is a threat. And white goo? Wow..how surprising to see Blake go to a homosexual joke. If I didn't know better, I'd say you were around 12? 13? Wait...I don't know you..how's your summer vacation, sonny boy?

Blake
06-09-2010, 09:38 PM
Nope..don't care about you..just want to let you know how much of a complete moron you sound like.

I didnt say you cared about me. What I said is that you care about what people think about you.

You just proved it again as usual.

I'm sorry...where I come from, someone saying, "You don't know when to shut the fuck up for your own good" is a threat.

then you come from a community full of complete morons. I haven't threatened to do anything to you.

LMAO at you still feeling threatened by me telling you to shut the fuck up for your own good. You watch too much of the Sopranos.

And white goo? Wow..how surprising to see Blake go to a homosexual joke. If I didn't know better, I'd say you were around 12? 13?

No joke. You have e-goo all over your e-face. Everyone knows it including you and you obviously are concerned about saving whatever e-face you think you have left.

Wait...I don't know you..how's your summer vacation, sonny boy?

So you do care about me.

You really don't know when to shut the fuck up.

Spursfan092120
06-09-2010, 10:08 PM
I didnt say you cared about me. What I said is that you care about what people think about you.

You just proved it again as usual.

then you come from a community full of complete morons. I haven't threatened to do anything to you.

LMAO at you still feeling threatened by me telling you to shut the fuck up for your own good. You watch too much of the Sopranos.

No joke. You have e-goo all over your e-face. Everyone knows it including you and you obviously are concerned about saving whatever e-face you think you have left.

So you do care about me.

You really don't know when to shut the fuck up.
LOL at taking what I said as "I care about what people on the internet that I don't know think of me." And e-goo? Really? Are you really that immature? That idiotic? OK...yeah...I'm done with you, dude. Complete waste of time.

Dez Bryant > Michael Crabtree

samikeyp
06-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Dez Bryant > Michael Crabtree

In college, maybe....in the NFL...not yet. Dez still has to prove himself.

Spursfan092120
06-09-2010, 10:28 PM
Definitely. I was talking about in College. And he's just a tad bit bigger than Crabtree, with much bigger hands, and a better eye for the ball, IMO. We'll have to see when it comes to the NFL.

manufan10
06-10-2010, 10:55 AM

As long as Dez doesn't hold out for half the season, he'll be better, IMO. I think it's stupid for rookies to hold out of training camp for money they haven't really earned yet. Prove you can be a valuable NFL asset before you start demanding money. When you prove it, then you can make what you deserve.

monosylab1k
06-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Just imagine how much harder 90210 would be sucking off Dez if he went to UT.

Blake
06-10-2010, 02:07 PM
Just imagine how much harder 90210 would be sucking off Dez if he went to UT.

he would have had the potential to be the winningest wide receiver in college football history

Greg Oden
06-10-2010, 02:09 PM
:jack Dez's hands are so big. Makes it even easier for him to caress me at night :jack

Spursfan092120
06-10-2010, 10:00 PM
Aww..you guys are mad because someone's excited...does it bother you that much? OK guys..I'll stop..I'm sorry...

samikeyp
06-10-2010, 10:26 PM
As long as Dez doesn't hold out for half the season, he'll be better, IMO. I think it's stupid for rookies to hold out of training camp for money they haven't really earned yet. Prove you can be a valuable NFL asset before you start demanding money. When you prove it, then you can make what you deserve.

:tu

Blake
06-10-2010, 10:37 PM
As long as Dez doesn't hold out for half the season, he'll be better, IMO.

Crabtree held out for 5 games and still came away with 48 Rec for 625 yards.

Spread it out over 16 games and he was on pace for 76 catches 909 yards which is obviously good for a rook.

Dez isn't going to get 900 yards this year.

We'll have to wait a few years to really see who ends up being better, imo.

Dr. Gonzo
06-10-2010, 11:37 PM
Blake better watch out. 90210 is known for throwing people through plate glass windows.

Guys this tough looking mean business.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h290/midgetonadonkey/cruise.jpg

Blake
06-10-2010, 11:44 PM
is that 90210?

who is the dude next to her?

Whisky Dog
06-11-2010, 12:36 AM
Nice chiches

Spursfan092120
06-11-2010, 07:18 PM
is that 90210?

who is the dude next to her?
my ex wife...going through a divorce right now.

Spursfan092120
06-11-2010, 07:19 PM
Blake better watch out. 90210 is known for throwing people through plate glass windows.

Did you really save that on your computer? That's sad dude..really sad. You should really try getting a life. Saving pictures of people on your computer when you don't even know their name? That's the epitome of a loser. I took that photo down for a reason...really didn't think someone would be obsessed with me so much that they'd save it. If I wanted to share that picture, I would have left it up...don't get personal.

Will Hunting
06-12-2010, 08:54 AM
my ex wife...going through a divorce right now.

Are you marrying Dez Bryant because of his big hands?

benefactor
06-12-2010, 09:29 AM
Did you really save that on your computer? That's sad dude..really sad. You should really try getting a life. Saving pictures of people on your computer when you don't even know their name? That's the epitome of a loser. I took that photo down for a reason...really didn't think someone would be obsessed with me so much that they'd save it. If I wanted to share that picture, I would have left it up...don't get personal.
You put your picture up on the internets. What did you expect to happen?

Blake
06-12-2010, 10:45 AM
You put your picture up on the internets. What did you expect to happen?

tough life lesson.

Sounds like this would make for a storyline for a BHills 90210 episode

Dr. Gonzo
06-12-2010, 12:15 PM

I save many comical Spurstalk pictures. You may think it's the epitome of a loser but I think a man that can't make a marriage work is the epitome of a loser.

symple19
06-12-2010, 12:19 PM
I save many comical Spurstalk pictures. You may think it's the epitome of a loser but I think a man that can't make a marriage work is the epitome of a loser.

I can't begin to describe the awesome lowness of this post. Well done Gonzo:toast

manufan10
06-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Crabtree held out for 5 games and still came away with 48 Rec for 625 yards.

Spread it out over 16 games and he was on pace for 76 catches 909 yards which is obviously good for a rook.

Dez isn't going to get 900 yards this year.

Mere speculation that he could have had 76 catches for 909 yards. The fact of the matter is that he didn't.

Of course Dez is more than likely not going to get 900 yards. He does have other talent that he would have to compete against. He has Witten and Austin that would be a more likely target. There's also Roy Williams to take away catches from Dez. Who is there on the 49ers to take away numbers from Crabtree? I don't think there really is anyone. Vernon Davis is the only guy I can think of.

I'm expecting more from Dez in the return game than on offense.

J.T.
06-12-2010, 01:01 PM
Oh shittttt steven just put 90210 on clamps!

Spursfan092120
06-12-2010, 03:02 PM
I don't know..from what I hear in training camp, he's made some amazing catches against Jenkins, Newman, and the others. We'll have to see what he can do. I don't see him getting 900 yards, but he's also going to be playing in a much better receiving corps, so he might not get as many balls thrown to him.

Spursfan092120
06-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Oh shittttt steven just put 90210 on clamps!
Meh..just being a dick as usual. But what do you expect when your entire life is sports, and only one of your teams is worth a shit....gotta feel sorry for him.

benefactor
06-12-2010, 03:11 PM
http://www.deathvalleymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Kicked-in-the-Nads.jpg

samikeyp
06-12-2010, 06:20 PM
Mere speculation that he could have had 76 catches for 909 yards. The fact of the matter is that he didn't.

Of course Dez is more than likely not going to get 900 yards. He does have other talent that he would have to compete against. He has Witten and Austin that would be a more likely target. There's also Roy Williams to take away catches from Dez. Who is there on the 49ers to take away numbers from Crabtree? I don't think there really is anyone. Vernon Davis is the only guy I can think of.

This.

Good post. :tu

samikeyp
06-12-2010, 06:25 PM
.don't get personal.

That makes you pretty fucking arrogant...but I guess I should expect that from you.

:toast

Now...back to football. :D

Spursfan092120
06-12-2010, 06:30 PM
:toast

Now...back to football. :D
Exactly...

Rookie WR Dez Bryant, veteran LB Keith Brooking back at practice for Cowboys minicamp

By STEPHEN HAWKINS , Associated Press
Last update: June 11, 2010 - 7:07 PM

IRVING, Texas - Dez Bryant was back where he wanted to be Friday afternoon. The rookie receiver was catching passes in practice for the Dallas Cowboys instead of working on the side with a trainer.
After missing most of the last three days of voluntary workouts because of left hamstring tightness, Bryant worked on the side for the morning workout that opened the team's weekend mandatory minicamp. He fully participated in the second practice.
"It felt unfair. My teammates get to go back out there and practice, catch footballs. I'm 100 percent," Bryant said between the two practices. "I just feel like it's all part of football. Everybody gets injured. It's just been my time. Look at my past, I've barely been injured. "
Coach Wade Phillips said Bryant had wanted to get back on the field the next day after being pulled out of a workout early Tuesday because of his hamstring.
"I do want to make it clear. He hasn't asked to get out of anything," Phillips said before even being asked about Bryant. "We're the ones that took him out when he said his hamstring was sore. He said he could come back two days ago and we said no."
Veteran linebacker Keith Brooking was on the field after missing the last four weeks of voluntary workouts while recovering from arthroscopic surgery on his left knee. Brooking said he wanted to take part in both practices, but that team trainers were limiting to him to only the Friday morning session as a precaution.
"My knee felt better than it's felt in a really long time, so that's really positive," said Brooking, who has played 12 NFL seasons. "The one thing I was concerned about is just explosiveness, just having my leg underneath me because I haven't had football stuff for so long. ... My legs felt great. I felt strong. I felt quick."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/96153259.html

badfish22
06-12-2010, 06:43 PM
Looking at the ESPN minicamp updates it looks like Dez was raping today. MartyB also seemed to be doing very well but Im not buying into his hype after last year. Needs to prove it in game.

Spursfan092120
06-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Looking at the ESPN minicamp updates it looks like Dez was raping today. MartyB also seemed to be doing very well but Im not buying into his hype after last year. Needs to prove it in game.
Yeah..apparently Marty is doing well..but he was doing well in the preseason last year too...guess we could say the same about Dez...but we have the right to be excited..dude has been killing...just hope he's not another disappointment.

Blake
06-13-2010, 02:10 AM

really? Thanks for the update.

would it make you feel better if I said "Dez will not average 4.3 catches or 57 yards per game over the course of the season"?

right. It's the ol' player A is more bad ass than player B, but player A just has too many other great players around which will effect his numbers.

How many times are you expecting Alex Smith to throw downfield per game? How many double teams do you think Crab will see being the #1 WR in SF?

Blake
06-13-2010, 02:24 AM

One of my friends is a rapper from Oak Cliff..ever hear of Dragnet?

....Dragnet considers his best song as of now to be "Take a picture" featuring Slimm Duddy.

http://www.musiqworldorder.net/dragnet.htm

you are slimmm duddy, arent you

Spursfan092120
06-13-2010, 05:51 PM
you are slimmm duddy, arent you
Dude..you're pretty sad. You took a conversation in a totally different thread in a totally different forum that I was having with someone totally different from you, and looked for info about a person he may or may not know that I consider my friend. It's really time you went to some sort of meanings for this obsession you have with me...it's getting really bad.

jack sommerset
06-13-2010, 07:09 PM
spursfans girl has nice tits. thats probably why he saved the pic.