PDA

View Full Version : What's your honest opinion on Kobe's excessive shooting?

ChrisRichards
04-27-2010, 10:34 AM
I mean you're really (non hate) opinion on Kobe's shooting?

Selfish/ glory hound, extreme confidece, lack of basketball IQ, lacks trust to his teammates or simply trying to win?

Selfish/Glory hound-This appears to be the consensus among non Laker fans. For some, Kobe is all about trying to get acclimation by scoring a lot of points and breaking those records. He puts the "I Eat first: attitude despite shooting 30%, not because its the right thing to do, but because he has to "Eat first".

Extreme confidence- Maybe Kobe is just really, really confident? This is the guy who scored 62 pts in 3 quarters, 81 points in single game, 40 points 9 consecutive times, 50+ points in 4 consecutive games, averaged 40 points in amonth twice etc...so maybe his knack to score is justified?

Lack of basketball IQ- He scores a lot, yes, but so did Iverson. And from what I recall, Iverson is far from a "smart" basketball player. Skillful and talented, yes but nowhere near the understanding of some of the greatest minds in the game. The problem with Kobe is he's either overshooting or overpassing. Never had that perfect balance. People often questions his IQ and that seems to be a valid remark.

Does'nt trust his teammates- Can't use this anymore. Kobe better trust Gasol and his 55% shooting and 20 points a game. Bynum aint bad too.

Simply trying to win- Maybe , ultimately the bottom line for Kobe is he simply wants to win? Other people say, well if he wants to win, then scoring should'nt be his priority. Naybe he should utilize the Bynum and Gasol often to simply take advantage of this mismatch.

What's your opinion of him when all is said and done?

picc84
04-27-2010, 10:37 AM
Jesus, dude.

Greg Oden
04-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Jesus, dude.

You think Kobe is Jesus?

z0sa
Did the Kobe thread get deleted or something?

ChrisRichards
You think Kobe is Jesus?
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

omg

:lmao

z0sa
04-27-2010, 10:39 AM
Jesus, dude.

Jesus causes Kobe's excessive shooting? :lol

ChrisRichards
04-27-2010, 10:39 AM
Jesus, dude.
You;re one of the better Lakers poster here, give us your honest opinion on this matter please. Thanks.

picc84
04-27-2010, 10:49 AM
Kobe shoots much less excessively than you post about him. Why do you care so much?

it's me
04-27-2010, 10:51 AM
so....is Kobe the black Jesus?

nkdlunch
04-27-2010, 10:51 AM
Lakers will win big tonight. Kobe will look good.

Only chance OKC has is to win game 6 in their home floor. Which is very likely. I really hope this series goes 7 games.

TDMVPDPOY
04-27-2010, 10:57 AM
depends where you like his load on ur face when his shootin

Sportcamper
04-27-2010, 11:10 AM
Obviously you did not see the last game…Kobe passed the ball over & over to the inside…Either they missed or passed the ball back to Kobe…

Killakobe81
04-27-2010, 12:19 PM
What's your honest opinion (no hate) on Chris Richard's moronic postings?

Does he really hate Kobe for basketball reasons ONLY? (too many shots)

Does he hate Kobe because he has penis and or # of rings envy?

Did he secretly catch his woman (or man) masturbating to kobe's picture?

Is he a former Jordan worshiper that hates that Kobe has picked up a lot of MJ's mannerisms and style?

What's your opinion when it is all said and done?

PS - THere STILL is a thread for this LOL

TheMACHINE
04-27-2010, 12:23 PM
CR is more obssesed with Kobe then us Lakers fans. lol

j.dizzle
04-27-2010, 12:25 PM
What's your honest opinion of being obsessed with the Lakers more then the actual fans? LOL closet kobe lover

Killakobe81
04-27-2010, 12:31 PM
CR is more obssesed with Kobe then us Lakers fans. lol

I know OBSESSED!

if the is was a real post and NOT hate why not just review the Kobe thread many people have posted pro and anti kobe posts in there ad nauseum

MiamiHeat
04-27-2010, 12:39 PM
boring thread, go post in the kobe thread

TheMACHINE
04-27-2010, 12:40 PM
maybe CR was one of the many sperm samples in katelyns panties and is mad that Kobe got all the attention for hitting that?

Leetonidas
04-27-2010, 12:41 PM
I think it's a combination of him being a glory hog (not necessarily "selfish") and extreme confidence. Let's face it, there's no other player in the NBA who makes ridiculous shots like Kobe. He is the only player you see taking a ridiculous fade away three pointer with a hand in his face from 5 feet behind the line and you think "fuck that's going in," or you're not surprised when it does. I think every shot he takes he thinks he can make, plus due to his numerous game winners he thinks he's a clutch beast.

Dex
04-27-2010, 12:41 PM
I wonder if any player's actions get magnified more than Kobe.

If Kobe shoots 25 shots, he's being a ballhog.

If Kobe tries to get his teammates going, he's passing up shots.

If Kobe plays hurt, he's being ineffective.

If Kobe rests, he's being soft.

If Kobe has a bad night, the world comes to an end.

If Kobe misses every shot but the last shot, Kobe is the new Jordan.

Dude must be dizzy by the end of the season.

Kai
04-27-2010, 12:42 PM
Jesus, dude.

t29K8HN79Jg

Dex
04-27-2010, 12:44 PM
t29K8HN79Jg

:lmao I can't believe someone else has seen this.

TheMACHINE
04-27-2010, 01:35 PM
I wonder if any player's actions get magnified more than Kobe.

If Kobe shoots 25 shots, he's being a ballhog.

If Kobe tries to get his teammates going, he's passing up shots.

If Kobe plays hurt, he's being ineffective.

If Kobe rests, he's being soft.

If Kobe has a bad night, the world comes to an end.

If Kobe misses every shot but the last shot, Kobe is the new Jordan.

Dude must be dizzy by the end of the season.

Welcome to Spurstalk :downspin:

"Welcome to ChrisRichards mind" seems to fit better. :lol

supervietnamlakers
04-27-2010, 02:43 PM
look chrisrichards ,kobe just wants win championship. period.

6 finals trips this last 10 yrs and 4 titles is obvious and best proof

SomeCallMeTim
04-27-2010, 02:58 PM
Hubris.

Lars
04-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Look man, he is the 15th best player to EVER play the game. He can shoot as much as he wants.

RedsLakers24
04-27-2010, 03:51 PM
Dices -___-

Fabbs
04-27-2010, 04:33 PM
Absolutely a me player 1st.
Wants titles just for the faux glorification of self, not team.

He choked big time down the stretch of two Finals games last year with his ballhogging. Unfortunately the insanely inept Orlando Magic handed him back both games, the most memorable being Jameer Nelson backing up to give Derek Swisher more room to launch another greasy three. Kobes got stuffed royally by Turkerglue in the stretch of one game but then the Magic went on a free throw clanking tear.

Had the Magic prevailed, Kome would have been aptly qualified as merely sidekick to Shaq, which he was when the titles were aquired. Now the media sheep, lead by b.s.p.n. etc try to spin him in the same catagory as Timmy Dunks and younger Shaq.