PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal on Spurstalk?

Zammers
04-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. Long time Spurs fan with close ties to the team.

I've been reading through some of the posts and I'm completely confused by some of the bs that is said on here.

Things like:

Pop should be fired
Let's trade Tony
Ginobili is too injury prone....don't resign him
Ian should be getting more PT

These comments are completely foolish.

I'm assuming this is just like any other message board where there are some people that contribute quality information and theory and then a few jackasses who don't know shit.

I'm just trying to get a feel for the board and look I forward to dropping some HSO's and a little inside information for you guys.

Phenomanul
04-27-2010, 01:23 PM
Where's the "Don't Know if Serious" picture...?

But yeah, in general, you have several knowledgeable posters here, as well as the 'other' type... unfortunately there are many trolls here as well... For all we know, you're a troll too...

Only time weeds out the riff-raff...

chichi!gettheyeyo
04-27-2010, 01:42 PM
Amigo, the only thing in this world that gives orders is balls. Balls. You got that?

Dex
04-27-2010, 01:48 PM
Stick around these forums long enough, and you'll hear just about anything and everything.

If it were up to the SpursTalk collective, everybody but Ian would have been traded this season, Pop would've been fired five years ago, and AJ would be at the helm.

Dice
04-27-2010, 01:49 PM
I'm assuming this is just like any other message board where there are some people that contribute quality information and theory and then a few jackasses who don't know shit.

:wakeup I used to assume that too...

bigzak25
04-27-2010, 01:51 PM
Pop should be fired.
Let's trade Tony.
Ginobili is too injury prone....don't resign him.
Ian should be getting more PT.

welcome to Spurstalk!

you must have accidentally logged into the February 2010 version though...

we're in late April now and the Spurs have apparently flipped a switch.

Pop now has two classifications:
Experimental Regular Season Pop and Playoff Pop.

Trade Tony talk might pickup again after the playoffs.

Ginobili is already re-signed. Moot point.

As for Ian getting more minutes, well, if he couldn't get consistent minutes with Experimental Regular season Pop, then we shouldn't expect playoff pop to give him too much play at all.

:flag:

Zammers
04-27-2010, 01:54 PM
Stick around these forums long enough, and you'll hear just about anything and everything.

If it were up to the SpursTalk collective, everybody but Ian would have been traded this season, Pop would've been fired five years ago, and AJ would be at the helm.

That's what I figured. Amazing!

nkdlunch
04-27-2010, 01:55 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. Long time Spurs fan with close ties to the team.

I've been reading through some of the posts and I'm completely confused by some of the bs that is said on here.

Things like:

Pop should be fired
Let's trade Tony

I am not sure why you are surprised? This is not a dictatorship led by Lord Pop. This is a free speech forum. I don't agree with many of those takes but the point of the forum is so that people exercise free speech and also vent about the team.

So if I see a thread about fuck smallball after a bad loss, I don't see what there is to complain about.

rjv
04-27-2010, 01:58 PM

more than a few but you are in the ballpark about the rest.

Blake
04-27-2010, 02:02 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum.

sounds like you are new to sports message boards

z0sa
04-27-2010, 02:04 PM
What's the deal on ST gtg's? Do they just not happen anymore or is it up to a brave someone to plan one?

coyotes_geek
04-27-2010, 02:06 PM

Things like:

Pop should be fired
Let's trade Tony

I'm just trying to get a feel for the board and look I forward to dropping some HSO's and a little inside information for you guys.

If you were truly close to the team you would already know that Pop needs to be fired because he's more focused on stunting the growth of young superstars (i.e. anyone under the age of 25 who can be seen dunking in a youtube video) than he is on winning championships. How else do you explain the lack of playing time for Ian Mahinmi? He's young and athletic.

Supreme_Being
04-27-2010, 02:25 PM
But... But.. Ian's our secret weapon. You see? You see?

CubanMustGo
04-27-2010, 02:30 PM
If you were truly close to the team you would already know that Pop needs to be fired because he's more focused on stunting the growth of young superstars (i.e. anyone under the age of 25 who can be seen dunking in a youtube video) than he is on winning championships. How else do you explain the lack of playing time for Ian Mahinmi? He's young and athletic.

NRHector
04-27-2010, 02:31 PM
But... But.. Ian's our secret weapon. You see? You see?

is so secret that not even Pop can find it:lol

Obstructed_View
04-27-2010, 02:36 PM

Things like:

Pop should be fired
Let's trade Tony

Well it will be refreshing to have you in here to tell everyone what they know. God knows we don't have enough of those around here! BTW, you forgot to list your metric for what makes someone a good or a bad fan. It's always a good first impression to publicly shit on any opinions you don't happen to share. Can't wait to see what you contribute! :toast

coyotes_geek
04-27-2010, 02:38 PM
It's called sarcasm.

xellos88330
04-27-2010, 02:39 PM
Most of the time people are just bullshitting here. They are bullshitting other people or themselves. Makes for great entertainment.

Personally I like it here. It is a ton of fun reading some of the stuff that is posted around here. Most of the time it is just over-reaction IMO.

Fpoonsie
04-27-2010, 02:39 PM
It's called sarcasm.

Yeah, I thought the YouTube comment made that ridiculously clear.

Guess not...though, the "jackass" ending is delightfully ironic.

Zammers
04-27-2010, 03:09 PM
Well it will be refreshing to have you in here to tell everyone what they know. God knows we don't have enough of those around here! BTW, you forgot to list your metric for what makes someone a good or a bad fan. It's always a good first impression to publicly shit on any opinions you don't happen to share. Can't wait to see what you contribute! :toast

I assume your ring is out in the garage right? NEXT!

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f257/zamadsen/ChampionshipRing.jpg

YoMamaIsCallin
04-27-2010, 03:13 PM
ummm... what is HSO? Hot Sports Opinion?

coyotes_geek
04-27-2010, 03:14 PM
Let me guess, we're supposed to be impressed by that. :sleep

it's me
04-27-2010, 03:16 PM
Let me guess, we're supposed to be impressed by that. :sleep

:lmao Thread/

Zammers
04-27-2010, 03:24 PM
No, not here to impress anyone. I believe that there was a question about whether I had ties to the team.....question answered.

HSO= Hot Sports Opinion

coyotes_geek
04-27-2010, 03:35 PM
Question NOT answered. For all we know you could just be some guy who used to mow Beno's lawn and he let you hold his ring for a picture one time.

Trainwreck2100
04-27-2010, 03:37 PM
or a ballboy, ballboy's get rings too

Slomo
04-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Question NOT answered. For all we know you could just be some guy who used to mow Beno's lawn and he let you hold his ring for a picture one time.

I'm deeply offended by this!

You know Beno would have charged him for the pic!

coyotes_geek
04-27-2010, 03:38 PM
I've met an accountant who had an NBA championship ring and didn't know anything about basketball.

coyotes_geek
04-27-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm deeply offended by this!

You know Beno would have charged him for the pic!

:lol I'll do the hedges for free this week..........

MoSpur
04-27-2010, 03:39 PM
I assume your ring is out in the garage right? NEXT!

All this time I thought Mouse was a short Mexican. Guess I was wrong.

in2deep
04-27-2010, 03:42 PM
I guess Finley forgot his ring in his locker and this janitor found it

Drachen
04-27-2010, 03:48 PM
Call Malik! his ring has been found!!!! LOL. BTW I have a cool picture of me with a ring too, I was out at Hooligans during the 2006 Mavs series and Tim Derk was there. I was at the table right in front of his. So there you go.

DPG21920
04-27-2010, 03:56 PM
We don't need spurs fans scoffing each other. Scoff the mavs.

cheguevara
04-27-2010, 03:57 PM

congratulations. Now go back and finish cleaning the Spurs lockerroom toilets. Mason had burritos for lunch...

mookie2001
04-27-2010, 03:59 PM
First time on the internets?

Obstructed_View
04-27-2010, 04:01 PM
"HSO" = Ticket fan douche = Probable Mavfan troll.

Zammers
04-27-2010, 04:10 PM
You guys crack me up. :lmao I'm not getting caught up in a pissing match. I'm sure I'll prove over time that I'm not a bullshitter. I'm moving on to threads concerning tonights game.....you can catch me over there.

Obstructed_View
04-27-2010, 04:12 PM
I'm not getting caught up in a pissing match. I'll just start one and run away.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-27-2010, 04:40 PM
Some posters fall into the fears of losing and whatnot and start demanding trades and firing people.

Obstructed_View
04-27-2010, 04:45 PM
BTW, you forgot to list your metric for what makes someone a good or a bad fan.

So "no photo holding a championship ring" = bad fan. Thanks for that. :lol