PDA

View Full Version : Refs for Tonights game...

Tp9gospursgo
04-27-2010, 02:38 PM
Monty McCutchen
Pat Fraher
Greg Willard
:flag:

rjv
04-27-2010, 02:39 PM
has joey crawford yet to officiate one of these games ?

i like tonight's crew by the way.

Tp9gospursgo
04-27-2010, 02:40 PM
has joey crawford yet to officiate one of these games ?

i like tonight's crew by the way.

Not yet. Hopefully he doesn't get the chance to. At least in this series.

sa_butta
04-27-2010, 02:44 PM
I can live with that, Im sure they are going to take control of the game early anyways. Hopefully we can just limit the fouls tonight.

rjv
04-27-2010, 02:45 PM
Not yet. Hopefully he doesn't get the chance to. At least in this series.

have to wonder if that is by design. that is, if stern made it clear he does not want joey anywhere near a spurs/mavs playoff game.

EricB
04-27-2010, 02:46 PM
Reason why it's impreitive the team END the series toNIGhT

coyotes_geek
04-27-2010, 02:48 PM
I can live with that, Im sure they are going to take control of the game early anyways. Hopefully we can just limit the fouls tonight.

Agreed. Spurs need to be very, very careful about picking up cheap fouls tonight.

jermaine
04-27-2010, 02:48 PM
Monty McCutchen
Pat Fraher
Greg Willard
:flag:

Before you throw the flags, what do we know about these people? Are they whistle happy? Have they ever officiated Dirk to know he flops?

OldSilentHill
04-27-2010, 03:03 PM
Sorry for my ignorance but...who is considered the best ref/s in the NBA? And were is he / are they now?

EricB
04-27-2010, 03:05 PM
Sorry for my ignorance but...who is considered the best ref/s in the NBA? And were is he / are they now?

IMO Steve javie and he's laying up at home after knee surgery...

Fpoonsie
04-27-2010, 03:06 PM

Depending on the outcome, it's a well known ST fact that the loser will respond "not at tonight's game."

OldSilentHill
04-27-2010, 03:16 PM
Mmm, Steve is the only "decent" ref?

Hope they keep the shit balanced tonight.

maxpower
04-27-2010, 03:37 PM
Tim Donaghy will be on 103.3 espn in dallas(streamable). Today at 5:25pm.
Supposedly he requested to be on and only asked who the refs were and what the spread was for tonight's game, according to Randy Galloway(host).

Solid D
04-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Monty has frustrated Pop and Spurs fans many-a-time over the past few seasons. Willard isn't one of my favorites but I don't think he's whistle-happy, so that's good. Can't say much about Frahar.

lefty
04-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Don't worry, Joey will screw us against the Lakers

Doe
04-27-2010, 03:56 PM
I know Willard's name so that must mean he's doing something wrong. Not a huge fan of his as I seem to remember him making "blind man" calls.

Obstructed_View
04-27-2010, 06:35 PM
Tim Donaghy will be on 103.3 espn in dallas(streamable). Today at 5:25pm.
Supposedly he requested to be on and only asked who the refs were and what the spread was for tonight's game, according to Randy Galloway(host).

(Just got back in from listening to the interview. Apologies for the delay; I was also fixing a broken sprinkler line. :))

The first thing Donaghy did when he came on was to deny that he asked what the point spread was. Randy asked if he could tell the outcome of the game by the referees and Donaghy said "without a doubt". When told who tonight's referees were and asked what grudges they hold, Donaghy said they were all good guys and basically dodged the question. When pressed for an outcome, he said that the NBA teaches their refs to try to extend the series, and said that the calls will go against the Spurs. In other words, Donaghy talked a lot of shit to get the interview and then had nothing when it came right down to it.

Galloway was hoping for something explosive, and it just didn't happen. The only bone Donaghy threw to Mavs fans was saying that Dan Crawford is proud of the record he has when he refs Mav games.

Regardless, expect there to be an arena full of Mav fans armed with an excuse to lose. In other words, no different than usual.