PDA

View Full Version : No more mason

pad300
04-27-2010, 09:11 PM
Goddamnit Pop! Mason is crap. You have options at the wing spots; use them, rather than the crappiest on the roster!

Play Temple. Play Hairston. Play Gee. Even play Bogans before you play Mason.

HE IS F"ING DONE DAMNIT!

SuperManu!!!
04-27-2010, 09:16 PM
Badddd pop....

Josh810
04-27-2010, 09:16 PM
Just seeing him period angers me.

Stringer_Bell
04-27-2010, 09:17 PM
I turned on th TV to see the line-up of death...Blair/Bonner/Mason closing out and starting quarters. What happened to Timmy/Manu? It makes no sense to have that shitty line-up out there unless something is wrong or we are trying to lose.

Anyone know why we're letting the Mavs have their way with us? :(

callo1
04-27-2010, 09:17 PM
SUPER rotation Pop!!

Why not just give the game away.

Warlord23
04-27-2010, 09:18 PM
Pop with his usual 'genius/CIA' coaching moves that nobody can comprehend. At this point Mason is worthless, even Bogans would have done something positive.

HarlemHeat37
04-27-2010, 09:18 PM
The worst part is that Mason is a free agent..I mean, I could POSSIBLY understand playing a bad player if he's going to be with the team next year, but Mason is pretty much guaranteed not to be with the Spurs next year..there's really no point of playing him..

Temple if they need a guard to handle, Hairston if they need a wing to guard Butler/Marion..

I don't think any of these guys should play in general in the playoffs at this point, but if Pop is going to play the end of the bench guys, might as well not play the worst one of all..

Johnny RIngo
04-27-2010, 09:22 PM
Mason belongs in the D-League

45 bank shot
04-27-2010, 09:25 PM
the fouls are so one-sided and our guys are playing like shit

Spurs Brazil
04-27-2010, 09:26 PM
Worst Spurs player ever

And the player I most HATE ever

Johnny RIngo
04-27-2010, 09:27 PM
the fouls are so one-sided and our guys are playing like shit

Let's not bitch about fouls now. Spurs have outshot the Mavs all series while tonight they're shooting 40%. SA"s just playing like shit right now.

superjames1992
04-27-2010, 09:40 PM
He's back in.

jason1301
04-27-2010, 09:41 PM
You guys need to chilax

The big3 can't play 40+ min EVERY single game. Mase, Bonner and Blair are rested. Pop was hoping that they are hungry and can play at a high level for 5-10min. It was a much needed gamble.

Spursmania
04-27-2010, 09:43 PM
The gamble sucked and put us in a hole from the get go. Giving the Mavs confidence and a double digit lead.

Spurs Brazil
04-27-2010, 09:45 PM
Spurs should now allow players use number #8.

The last 3 players with those, HITA, Rasho and Mason...

jason1301
04-27-2010, 09:46 PM
would you rather gamble playing the big3?

Bonner and Mason were over 40% for the 3pt line, during the reg season. Even a 20% is much better than Timmy going 1-9.

Spurs Brazil
04-27-2010, 09:48 PM

Bonner and Mason were over 40% for the 3pt line, during the reg season. Even a 20% is much better than Timmy going 1-9.

I'd rather see Bogans, Temple, Malik, my grandmother than Mason

benefactor
04-27-2010, 09:49 PM

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3249/2867253326_792146d6e7.jpg

SpursTillTheEnd
04-27-2010, 09:53 PM
Temple needs to play not mason seriously

nkdlunch
04-27-2010, 09:54 PM
agree. put temple

Hooks
04-27-2010, 10:29 PM
I knew someone would post a thread about him, as soon as he comes in he can't guard shit so Dallass' guards go crazy. Popovich is really pissing me off :bang

benefactor
04-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Fun fact: Since the beginning of April Mason is 8-35 from distance.

baseline bum
04-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Spurs should now allow players use number #8.

The last 3 players with those, HITA, Rasho and Mason...

The other 3 Spurs to wear #8 were also enormous failures: Ozell Jones, Tim Kempton, and Paul Pressey.

MaNu4Tres
04-28-2010, 05:52 PM
Fun fact: Since the beginning of April Mason is 8-35 from distance.

Fun Fact: Since January 31st Mason is 29 for 121 from the distance. (23.9 %)

Apparently the only thing he could do at the NBA level last year has become non-existent. Yet Pop still plays the piece of crap.

The nightmare needs to stop.

Cane
04-28-2010, 05:58 PM
Those facts are not fun! ;)

At least he'll always have that X-Mas game winning @ PHX. Wtf happened to you Money Mase.

DesignatedT
04-28-2010, 06:00 PM

The only thing he could do at the NBA level last year has become non-existent. Yet Pop still plays the piece of crap.

The nightmare needs to stop.

:smchode:

SpursRulez4eVeR
04-28-2010, 06:06 PM

:vomit:
actually this is pretty laughable.

taps
04-28-2010, 06:19 PM
Bogans is good for 5-10 mins situationally.

Mason is good for 0 mins always

He also contributed to Blair's early foul troubles. On two (almost) consecutive plays Terry dropped Mason off on a basic drive down the right baseline which resulted in Blair fouling to avoid the easy bucket.

Watching Mason slowly backpedal as he was completely unable to change directions and alter Terry's drive made me wonder if cow-tipping looks any different.

Dingle Barry
04-28-2010, 06:26 PM
Fuck Mason. I'll leave it at that.

Bartleby
04-28-2010, 06:35 PM
The other 3 Spurs to wear #8 were also enormous failures: Ozell Jones, Tim Kempton, and Paul Pressey.

7Pw4B-cQuVs

SenorSpur
04-28-2010, 09:11 PM
The worst part is that Mason is a free agent..I mean, I could POSSIBLY understand playing a bad player if he's going to be with the team next year, but Mason is pretty much guaranteed not to be with the Spurs next year..there's really no point of playing him..

Temple if they need a guard to handle, Hairston if they need a wing to guard Butler/Marion..

I don't think any of these guys should play in general in the playoffs at this point, but if Pop is going to play the end of the bench guys, might as well not play the worst one of all..

Couldn't agree more. I would rather see Pop play either of those guys rather than Mason. He simply flat out sucks.

He heart actually drops when I see Mason enter the game. Why is it that Mason is the veteran, but plays scared and poorly like a rookie?

Waps1980
04-28-2010, 10:07 PM
I reckon Temple has hit more 3's than Mason since getting a spot in the side.
And if thats all Mason is good for why waste our time if he ain't hitting jack!

manu the best
04-28-2010, 10:09 PM
Mason belongs in the D-League

not even there ...

Brodels
04-28-2010, 10:10 PM
The series shifted in the Spurs' favor when Pop shortened up the rotation and just left Mason and crew on the bench. It's the playoffs. You can't go 10 deep if you don't have 10 quality guys.

MaNu4Tres
04-28-2010, 10:19 PM
The series shifted in the Spurs' favor when Pop shortened up the rotation and just left Mason and crew on the bench. It's the playoffs. You can't go 10 deep if you don't have 10 quality guys.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135631

These spots in the rotation behind Duncan and McDyess and behind RJ and Manu will be extremely important when we face up against the elite of the league come May and June. We will need this player to perform at a high level and hopefully this player can perform on both ends of the floor. Here's our current situation and perhaps how the situation may play out:

Frontcourt situation outside of Duncan and McDyess:

With 35-40 MPG up for grabs at the PF/ C position it would be great if someone out of the Bonner/ Blair/ Haislip/ Mahimni cluster could seperate themselves into the 3rd spot in our rotation. Let's be honest though each of those players have huge question marks and liabilities. Bonner's interior defense and ability to contest shots effectively, Blair's pick and roll defense, Haislips inability to have a career in the NBA, Mahimni's ability to be injured every 2 months. I believe Ratliff will have a small part in the rotation ( 8 -10 minutes a game) due to the fact that he brings things to the table that no one else can on the roster ( shotblocking and altering shots around the rim, which initiates fast breaks and easy points on the other end.) I'm a fan of quality more than quantity.

Spurs need clear-cut quality behind Duncan and Dyess and hopefully it's one of those four as the season concludes in late June.

Wing situation outside of Manu and Jefferson:

There will be 35-40 minutes available behind RJ and Manu. Last year Mason played 30 minutes, Finley played 28 minutes, Bogans played 20 minutes. Time will be cut drastically for these three players. All these three players bring the same things to the table offensively, which is spot up shooting without the ability to create off the dribble effectively. Except Mason is better than both of them in P &R opportunties ( which is nothing to brag about because he is only effective when the Spurs play lazy P &R defensive teams), but that won't be his role this year anyway so thats irrelevant. Bogans is the best of the 3 on the defensive end. So what gives? How will Pop manage those three minutes if they all are deserved the minutes? Thats why it would be nice if they could package two of them in a 2 for 1 deal for a player that isn't a one trick pony like Mason and Finley.

Someone like Nocioni or Stephen Jackson who would bring defense, shooting, rebounding, creating off the dribble, and the tenacity and energy that's been lacking from our perimeter players outside of Manu. I personally believe Nocioni would bring a toughness to the Spurs. His hard nosed pitt-bull type approach to games gives him the dirty label that all of us Spurs fans love to have. He would be our new Bruce Bowen/ Mario Elie/ Dennis Rodman on the defensive end, but with the ability to be a real threat offensively because of him being multi-dimensional and his ability to shoot the 3 ball at the 40 percent mark.

If we do indeed turn 2 perimeter players for one better overall perimeter player like SJax and Nocioni, they would earn a big chunk of the 35-40 minutes available no questions asked. This would give us two wings on the court who can be threats on both ends of the floor during the vast majority of the game. This is something Spurs have never had. A Manu/ Jefferson/ SJax or Nocioni 3 wing rotation, with Bogans filling in 8-10 minutes a game at the 4th wing due to foul trouble would be damn scary.

http://www.todobasketball.com/img/biografia-de-andres-nocioni.jpg

Trade scenarios and situations that most likely will happen close to the deadline:
More than likely the Spurs will go into the season with the current roster and assess the team accordingly during the first 3 months of the year. There main focus should be the productivity of their 3-4 PF/C spots in the rotation. This could lead to certain scenarios to play out down the line:

Trading for a wing:
This scenario where the Spurs trade for an upgrade in the 3rd wing spot would most likely happen IF one or two players from the Bonner/ Blair/ Haislip/ Mahimni cluster are having a great year. The Spurs could then field offers for their expired contracts of Bonner/ Mason or Finley for an overall upgrade on the 3rd wing spot behind RJ and Manu.

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2007/05/02/kobe-topper.jpg
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2007/1005/pg2_a_jackson_195.jpg
Trading for a post: If Blair ends up being a typical non-productive 2nd round pick, if Haislip ends up being a bust on his 2nd go around, and if Mahimni has a typical Mahimni type year then I could see the Spurs using Mason/ Bonner or Finley/ Bonner pick trade bait for someone like Camby. Especially if Bogans shows the FO that he deserves some run, which would make Mason an expendable trading asset for a big man.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/marcus_camby_superman.jpg

All in all I believe Pop and R.C will do their best to put together the best rotation possible before we start the real wars in late April. Yeah we have a great quantity of depth behind Duncan and McDyess and Manu and Jefferson but it's the quality of those players that will make or break Duncan's 5th championship aspirations.

Bender
04-28-2010, 10:25 PM
since I've been a spurs fan, I've never seen any player fall from grace as severely as RMJ. Last year, it was "Money mase!", "mason's got a killer instinct!". "mason is clutch!", mason! mason! mason!

Now look at the comments about him. Well, I too count myself among his haters now, he has got to be one of the worst players in the NBA.

MaNu4Tres
04-28-2010, 10:41 PM
since I've been a spurs fan, I've never seen any player fall from grace as severely as RMJ. Last year, it was "Money mase!", "mason's got a killer instinct!". "mason is clutch!", mason! mason! mason!

Now look at the comments about him. Well, I too count myself among his haters now, he has got to be one of the worst players in the NBA.

He was a vastly overrated player last year. His spot up shooting and shooting off the pick and roll ( against inferior teams who couldn't play pick and roll defense) was about the only thing he could do at the NBA level.

Fan's over-reacted and overrated him throughout the season and his true colors were exposed in the playoffs where his defense and other inferior attributes came to light.

Now this year since the shooting has became non-existent for the past 3 months, people are just starting to realize how horrible of an all around player he was and is. One of the worst in the NBA.