PDA

View Full Version : Oh god, please Calm down

nbaman99
04-27-2010, 10:23 PM
Did u guys really think Dallas going to give up that easy? the shots not going in this game. Don't worry we have another game at home. its not game 7 and its not do or die for us, but for Dallas it is. Where were u all the mellow drama people when we took 3-1 lead?

Just calm the duck down.

dbreiden83080
04-27-2010, 10:25 PM
I never thought the Spurs were winning this game. Up 3-1 meant we can close it out at home in game 6. That's your best shot to win the series.. Game 5 was not gonna happen with Dallas up against it and being home..

TampaDude
04-27-2010, 10:25 PM
Exactly...if the roles were reversed, we'd be blowing them out...it's just desperate energy...the Mavs need to build a huge lead so there's no chance of a Spurs comeback. Let them shoot their wad tonight. We'll close it out in Game 6, I guarantee it.

4>0rings
04-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Did u guys really think Dallas going to give up that easy? No, but I didn't think the Spurs would give up that easy. :bang

dbreiden83080
04-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Exactly...if the roles were reversed, we'd be blowing them out...it's just desperate energy...the Mavs need to build a huge lead so there's no chance of a Spurs comeback. Let them shoot their wad tonight. We'll close it out in Game 6, I guarantee it.

:flag:

rpduke
04-27-2010, 10:27 PM
X2. We've been there done that. We won't crack under the pressure of a home game 6 like Mavs fans are convincing themselves as I type this.

nbaman99
04-27-2010, 10:28 PM
And do really think NBA going to get this out in 5 games? think about how much money they lose if it over tonight.

L.I.T
04-27-2010, 10:28 PM
No one thought the Mavs were going to give up. And those that did obviously do not know basketball.

Going in, I think every fan understood that this was going to be a hard-fought game, those that thought the Spurs were going to cakewalk over the Mavs were frankly delusional.

But the effort the Spurs gave was pathetic, from the get go. That is disconcerting, especially since they had a golden opportunity here. The Mavs are a very talented team, fully capable of beating the Spurs in 7 games. To think otherwise, and to not try and take advantage of every opportunity to close them out, is playing with fire.

Spursmania
04-27-2010, 10:30 PM
No one thought the Mavs were going to give up. And those that did obviously do not know basketball.

Going in, I think every fan understood that this was going to be a hard-fought game, those that thought the Spurs were going to cakewalk over the Mavs were frankly delusional.

But the effort the Spurs gave was pathetic, from the get go. That is disconcerting, especially since they had a golden opportunity here. The Mavs are a very talented team, fully capable of beating the Spurs in 7 games. To think otherwise, and to not try and take advantage of every opportunity to close them out, is playing with fire.

This

L.I.T
And do really think NBA going to get this out in 5 games? think about how much money they lose if it over tonight.

What's the argument now? Refs didn't play much of a part in this game.

Maybe the NBA spiked the Spurs gatorade.

superjames1992
I didn't expect to win, but I didn't expect the Spurs to get blown out either.

That said, it's no time to panic, but game 6 is a must-win.

Juanobili
04-27-2010, 10:31 PM
We're up 3-1

we're winning it at home is what comes to mind

so yeah, people calm down

ShoogarBear
No, but I didn't think the Spurs would give up that easy. :bang

Spursmania
Although, to be fair, Pop's line-ups sucked as well and he veered from what had been working for them. He made some terrible line-up calls early on thereby giving the Mavs a double digit lead and some great confidence.

TampaDude
04-27-2010, 10:33 PM
Interesting stat for y'all: Out of the 189 times a team has been down 3-1, that team has only come back to win the series 8 times, but 71% of those 189 teams actually won Game 5.

It's just "back against the wall" desperation. Let the Mavs shoot their wad tonight. The Spurs will win Game 6 by double digits and advance.

TC-MAVS
04-27-2010, 10:33 PM

We'll see bud. Its good to see how your team reacts when you get punched back. We [ut that scrub Blair in check tonight. You guys let the mavs gain momentum and you've been exposed...... Game 6 wont be as easy as you think. Tough? yes. I wouldnt guarantee anything Rasheed

Stringer_Bell
04-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Did u guys really think Dallas going to give up that easy? the shots not going in this game. Don't worry we have another game at home. its not game 7 and its not do or die for us, but for Dallas it is. Where were u all the mellow drama people when we took 3-1 lead?

Just calm the duck down.

This game, like the first game, is not about Dallas - it's about the Spurs not putting themselves in a position to win. I didn't see ANY reason not to go hard at the Mavs this game, fight to close it out...but Pop seemed content to throw it since the first quarter (from Blair's fouls to Mason's playing time).

That said, Pop conceded the game when he put Ian in the game. Not that Ian sucks, but we know Pop doesn't play him unless it's garbage minutes. I just wish Manu/Timmy didn't set foot on the court at all, if Pop was gonna tank the game he doesn't have to disrespect them like that and put their efforts toward nothing.

Now we gotta sit through a barrage of articles tomorrow talking about the Mavs monster effort, refusal to die, and how they crushed the Spurs when it's clear that's not what happened. :(

nbaman99
04-27-2010, 10:35 PM
Is this is the 1st time we were in this situation? is this is the 1st time we playing this kinda game? no. So like i said before calm down people.

mexicanjunior
04-27-2010, 10:36 PM

+1

The confidence the Mavs built in this game is huge and I think this effort has cost the Spurs the series. Butler remembers that he is an all-star again and the switch to Haywood from Dampier has paid bigtime dividends.

Plus, Manu and Duncan have played like shit for 2 straight games. No guarantee that will change anytime soon...

TampaDude
04-27-2010, 10:38 PM
We'll see bud. Its good to see how your team reacts when you get punched back. We [ut that scrub Blair in check tonight. You guys let the mavs gain momentum and you've been exposed...... Game 6 wont be as easy as you think. Tough? yes. I wouldnt guarantee anything Rasheed

Exposed??? Hardly. Remember, the Mavs are the #2 seed. THEY were supposed to be up 3-1 after 4 games, not the other way around. The only thing that has been exposed is the Mavs.

Spurs in 6. I guaran-fucking-tee it! :hat

word
Anyone who is surprised by this is crazy. Spurs would rather expend their energy in a higher odds game 6 at home, with the crowd behind them and a familiar court. It's not rocket science. You expend a bunch of energy here, and lose, then it just lessons your chances for a game 6 victory. Easy up, take a deep breath. Spurs got this.

mexicanjunior
Is this is the 1st time we were in this situation? is this is the 1st time we playing this kinda game? no. So like i said before calm down people.

With this roster? Yes it is...

I don't see clutch guys like Horry and Bowen walking through the doors to bail us out...

Spurs7794
No, but I didn't think the Spurs would give up that easy. :bang

You havent watched the Spurs much in the big 3 era then.

2003- game 3 against Lakers...Spurs pussy game after being up 2-0
2004- game 3 against Lakers...Spurs pussy game after being up 2-0
2005- game 4 against SOnics...Spurs pussy game after being up 2-1
2005 - games 3 and 4 against Pistons ...Spurs pussy games afer being up 2-0
2006 - game 4 against Sac ....

I don't feel like going through 4 more years but this happens every year. The Spurs, despite how tough they are, tend to just take it easy for whatever reason when they are up in a series. The only one of those above games that I think devasted the team was game 4 against Detroit and Horry saved our asses.

BTW, i can't take credit for the term Spurs Pussy Game...I got that from some website last year...maybe Pounding The Rock?

TC-MAVS
04-27-2010, 10:39 PM
This game, like the first game, is not about Dallas - it's about the Spurs not putting themselves in a position to win. I didn't see ANY reason not to go hard at the Mavs this game, fight to close it out...but Pop seemed content to throw it since the first quarter (from Blair's fouls to Mason's playing time).

That said, Pop conceded the game when he put Ian in the game. Not that Ian sucks, but we know Pop doesn't play him unless it's garbage minutes. I just wish Manu/Timmy didn't set foot on the court at all, if Pop was gonna tank the game he doesn't have to disrespect them like that and put their efforts toward nothing.

Now we gotta sit through a barrage of articles tomorrow talking about the Mavs monster effort, refusal to die, and how they crushed the Spurs when it's clear that's not what happened. :(

how is that not what happened? we crushed you with your starters in the game.

Who cares what the media says, dont listen/read it. If you know anything about basketball or sports in general, you know that its settled on the court. You should only be concerned with what your players are saying.

TampaDude
04-27-2010, 10:40 PM
You havent watched the Spurs much in the big 3 era then.

2003- game 3 against Lakers...Spurs pussy game after being up 2-0
2004- game 3 against Lakers...Spurs pussy game after being up 2-0
2005- game 4 against SOnics...Spurs pussy game after being up 2-1
2005 - games 3 and 4 against Pistons ...Spurs pussy games afer being up 2-0
2006 - game 4 against Sac ....

I don't feel like going through 4 more years but this happens every year. The Spurs, despite how tough they are, tend to just take it easy for whatever reason when they are up in a series. The only one of those above games that I think devasted the team was game 4 against Detroit and Horry saved our asses.

BTW, i can't take credit for the term Spurs Pussy Game...I got that from some website last year...maybe Pounding The Rock?

Yup...in every one of their championship runs, the Spurs got utterly blown out at least once during the playoffs. They still have 4 rings. :hat

Death In June
More concerned with Tim and Manu having their second and third awful games, respectively and I'm concerned with the effort and the energy this team put forth.

HarlemHeat37
There's no confidence taken from this game at all..the point differential in this series wasn't significant, the Mavs weren't lacking confidence..they didn't gain confidence from this game, they knew they had to win and they came out and played like it..

You don't "remember" that you're an All-Star..the difference is Butler made his long shots in this game, that's it..if he beats you with his jump shot, nothing you can do..he's on fire in this game, nothing you can do..he started off hot in game 1 too, but it didn't last..he's a good, inconsistent player, he has games like this..

The effort was pathetic on the Spurs side..Duncan and Manu were horrible, the defensive intensity and focus wasn't there..Pop looked like he didn't care based on the lineups in the 1st..

That is obviously upsetting, but that's all there is to take from this game..

The Mavs made 2 good adjustments..putting Haywood in the starting lineup and adjusting on McDyess' jump shots..an adjustment was obviously going to happen and they weren't going to lose every game..now it's Pop's turn to make another adjustment..

The main thing is that the Spurs need to come out focused and play with intensity in the next game, Manu and Duncan in particular..

Creation88
04-27-2010, 10:41 PM
let this be a lesson to everyone calling the series over. fucking idiots. let it play out before you talk crap.

EVAY
04-27-2010, 10:48 PM

Just calm the duck down.

people getting upset with this game is not a function of people imagining that Dallas was going to give up....it is a function of people not imagining that the SPURS were going to give up on the game.

Spurs playing with no intensity, with no heart, with no respect...Duncan pouting, Pop acting as if this was a give-away game...what kind of respect does that show for anyone, Dallas, San Antonio, fans, league, WHO?

People have a right to be upset! It doesn't mean that they don't imagine that the Spurs don't have a chance to win, or that they are not going to compete ever again...but this is the playoffs! Every game counts, asshole!

Capt Bringdown
04-27-2010, 11:02 PM
Duncan and Manu slumping badly for 2 straight games. That's the story of this game. We'll see if it's the story of this year's playoffs.

Budkin
04-27-2010, 11:08 PM
Mavs are going fishing after Game 6.

rayray2k8
04-27-2010, 11:13 PM
You shouldn't be surprised. This is the typical spurstalk meltdown reaction. :rolleyes
Usually it's the noobs who lose their cool.

Thompson
04-27-2010, 11:18 PM
We'll be at home for game 6 and our backs will sort of 'be up against the wall' because we don't want to play game 7 in Dallas. God willing, we'll finish them off Thursday.

NewJerSpur
04-27-2010, 11:24 PM
There's no confidence taken from this game at all..the point differential in this series wasn't significant, the Mavs weren't lacking confidence..they didn't gain confidence from this game, they knew they had to win and they came out and played like it..

You don't "remember" that you're an All-Star..the difference is Butler made his long shots in this game, that's it..if he beats you with his jump shot, nothing you can do..he's on fire in this game, nothing you can do..he started off hot in game 1 too, but it didn't last..he's a good, inconsistent player, he has games like this..

The effort was pathetic on the Spurs side..Duncan and Manu were horrible, the defensive intensity and focus wasn't there..Pop looked like he didn't care based on the lineups in the 1st..

That is obviously upsetting, but that's all there is to take from this game..

The Mavs made 2 good adjustments..putting Haywood in the starting lineup and adjusting on McDyess' jump shots..an adjustment was obviously going to happen and they weren't going to lose every game..now it's Pop's turn to make another adjustment..

The main thing is that the Spurs need to come out focused and play with intensity in the next game, Manu and Duncan in particular..

Excellent take, especially on those rotations that made McDyess essentially a ball-handler.

When Butler is aggressive, he tends to get carried away and his shot selection gets poor (which can take his teammates out of the game). If this game sparks him to do this in Game 6 I'm cool with that...he's got to show that he can put together multiple good games.

Slydragon
04-27-2010, 11:28 PM
http://ui11.gamespot.com/554/onoz_2.gifhttp://ui11.gamespot.com/554/onoz_2.gifhttp://ui11.gamespot.com/554/onoz_2.gifhttp://ui11.gamespot.com/554/onoz_2.gif

SpurOutofTownFan
04-27-2010, 11:56 PM
I was expecting either a Spurs win or a Dallas win by a big margin with the Spurs starters sitting thru the entire 4th quarter. It was the second. I'm used to watch the spurs throwing one game in a tough series.

samikeyp
04-27-2010, 11:57 PM
You shouldn't be surprised. This is the typical spurstalk meltdown reaction. :rolleyes
Usually it's the noobs who lose their cool.

this.

Loose Cannon
04-27-2010, 11:59 PM
With this roster? Yes it is...

I don't see clutch guys like Horry and Bowen walking through the doors to bail us out...

True. It was more like Hill and Blair.

newacc
04-28-2010, 12:08 AM
There's good reason to be worried. It's not like the Mavs wouldn't have won game 3 if George Hill didn't have the game of his life. They almost won despite it.

You don't lay down in playoff games. You might get away with it sometimes if you're a dominant team but this team isn't a great one. Without rest Duncan turns into a 240 lb mold of clay.

Now all the pressure is on the Spurs to win Game 6 which if you saw Games 3 and 4 isn't impossible to imagine. Game 7 in Dallas is probably a loss if it gets there.

Spurs played like they had a game to give and they really shouldn't have. I hope they blow out the Mavs tomorrow but I doubt Dallas would come here and lay down and die like the Spurs did tonight.

That was embarrassing. Didn't even have the customary second half run.

DubMcDub
04-28-2010, 12:25 AM

Are you sure about that?

2006: Spurs down 3-1, go home to SA, win by 1 point in Game 5
2009: Spurs down 3-1, go home to SA, get blown out in Game 5.

crc21209
04-28-2010, 12:31 AM
Yup...in every one of their championship runs, the Spurs got utterly blown out at least once during the playoffs. They still have 4 rings. :hat

+1 Exactly. Every year the Spurs won a title, they got blow out at least once in one or more of their series'.

crc21209
04-28-2010, 12:33 AM
Mavs are going fishing after Game 6.

:toast:flag:

KaiRMD1
04-28-2010, 12:35 AM
I feared they would pull this type of a game. It's all good, it's do or die for the mavs, not Spurs

Bukefal
04-28-2010, 12:44 AM
Dont worry, we'll get them. It would have been nice if we could have done it yesterday but well, it wasnt meant to be, so now we will thursday.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-28-2010, 01:08 AM
Are you sure about that?

2006: Spurs jump out to a lead, but Dallas plays their stars balls to the wall to come back, only to lose a hard-fought game. Their reward? Not as fresh as they could have been in a game 6, which SA also won to force a game 7.

2009: No Manu and a 1-legged Tim Duncan. All the nervous energy in the world doesn't mean jack if your workhorses are out.

silverblk mystix
04-28-2010, 01:11 AM
don't be surprised if the mavs take game 6---but the spurs still win game 7 in dallas---

there are no guarantees---tonight was not a surprise

spurs will still win this series one way or another---there are no style points---all that matters is to win the series----they will.

tuncaboylu
04-28-2010, 01:15 AM
Are you sure about that?

Don't forget this message, i will remind it to you on Thursday.

DubMcDub
04-28-2010, 01:16 AM
2006: Spurs jump out to a lead, but Dallas plays their stars balls to the wall to come back, only to lose a hard-fought game. Their reward? Not as fresh as they could have been in a game 6, which SA also won to force a game 7.

2009: No Manu and a 1-legged Tim Duncan. All the nervous energy in the world doesn't mean jack if your workhorses are out.

What are you talking about? In 2006, the Spurs were up 5 after one, the game was tied at halftime, and the Spurs were up 3 at the end of the 3rd.

Regardless, the fact of the matter is, homeboy up there made this comment that "if the roles were reversed, we would have blown them out." I pointed out a situation in which the roles WERE reversed, and the Spurs did not come anywhere close to blowing them out.

As for 2009, you can play the injury card all you like. Again, the fact is that the Spurs were in the exact same position as the Mavs this year and did not blow them out. So, his remark has little historical basis.

DubMcDub
04-28-2010, 01:17 AM
Don't forget this message, i will remind it to you on Thursday.

You will remind me about a message I posted indicating the results of two previous playoff series? Ok?

nbaman99
04-28-2010, 01:22 AM
yeah it hurts because most of us expected that Spurs will come out and play the same way and send Dallas home, like they did to us a year ago, also Dallas knew that and they came to win this game no matter what. Now, we're going home and we have a great chance to do the same thing they did us tonight to them on Thursday.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-28-2010, 01:31 AM
What are you talking about? In 2006, the Spurs were up 5 after one, the game was tied at halftime, and the Spurs were up 3 at the end of the 3rd.

Regardless, the fact of the matter is, homeboy up there made this comment that "if the roles were reversed, we would have blown them out." I pointed out a situation in which the roles WERE reversed, and the Spurs did not come anywhere close to blowing them out.

As for 2009, you can play the injury card all you like. Again, the fact is that the Spurs were in the exact same position as the Mavs this year and did not blow them out. So, his remark has little historical basis.

My point is, Dallas played their starters as hard as they could trying to get the closeout in Game 5 against a desperate Spurs team in '06. They failed, much like I believe SA would still have failed even if they had they kept running Timmy and Manu and Hill in the 2nd half.

As far as '09 goes, I honestly throw that series out in my mind the same as I do for the '03 series. Any win against a team with main stars like Manu or Dirk out must needs bear an asterisk.

I agree with you on the "no blowout" thing, though. I just believe there's a good reason for this particular game 5 being a blowout.

We cool?

wijayas
04-28-2010, 02:13 AM
Interesting stat for y'all: Out of the 189 times a team has been down 3-1, that team has only come back to win the series 8 times, but 71% of those 189 teams actually won Game 5.

It's just "back against the wall" desperation. Let the Mavs shoot their wad tonight. The Spurs will win Game 6 by double digits and advance.

Thanks. :toast

Calm down people....

SinBAD
04-28-2010, 02:37 AM
this 71% is not an accurate reflection of the situation we have now.Probably the majority of these teams who closed out were the higher seed and clearly the better team.Spurs and Mavs are pretty even so this stat doesnt mean anything.This is one of the few times 1-8 have been really close.In the past you would get 7 and 8 seeds that were very weak.not the case this year

siraulo23
04-28-2010, 02:48 AM
i'd rather be up 3-2 and have a chance to close out at home

than down 3-2, so its all good

nbaman99
04-28-2010, 12:14 PM
Yep its soo better to finish Dallas at home

samikeyp
04-28-2010, 12:17 PM
i'd rather be up 3-2 and have a chance to close out at home

than down 3-2, so its all good

+1

DubMcDub
04-28-2010, 12:27 PM

Source? I find it almost impossible to believe that this is right. Generally, the team that's up 3-1 is the team with home court, which means that team has Game 5 at home and is already up 3-1 (e.g., Boston and Cleveland this year). I sincerely doubt that such a team loses Game 5 71% of the time.

I think you have this statistic flipped--I think the team that's up 3-1 wins Game 5 71% of the time.

cherylsteele
04-28-2010, 12:32 PM
I am not upset they lost...just how they lost.
Why even travel to Dallas if you're not going to even show up to play.

1) Terrible "D", they left Mav shooters wide open constantly and they hit their shots.

2) Turnovers, just like game 1, but had more in game 5. You can't have 18 TO's and win a game

3) 35% from the field. In game 1 the Spurs hit their shots and made it close, that was the biggest difference, IMHO.