PDA

View Full Version : No big deal

SpursDynasty
04-27-2010, 11:12 PM
These types of nights are just a part of the game. TD and Manu didn't show up tonight. Don't expect those two to take Thursday night off. The big three sat out the entire 4th. You can pretty much mark the 10-0 Dallas run after halftime as the end of the game. Again, no big deal, Dallas just made their shots and we didn't. When Caron Butler is the one scoring the most points for Dallas, we have nothing to worry about. Caron Butler is a third string player, so he won't be going off for 35 points next game. Dallas to me didn't do anything impressive tonight. It was more about what the Spurs didn't do, than what Dallas did do. Dallas played as effortlessly as the Spurs did, their shots just went in and ours didn't. Again, nothing big here...Dallas is not an intimidating team. Spurs just need to take care of business Thursday night and get ready for Phoenix. We shouldn't be wasting any more time on this second-tier team than we need to.

TampaDude
04-27-2010, 11:17 PM
Yup...no surprises here...as it has been from the beginning, Spurs in 6.

honestfool84
04-27-2010, 11:22 PM
Caron Butler is a third string player

really? :lmao

if a third string player is torching the Spurs for almost 40 points, then we're in deep trouble.

DPG21920
04-27-2010, 11:23 PM
Is no one else legitimately concerned about Manu and Tim? I am.

scottspurs
04-27-2010, 11:34 PM
I'm concerned about several things. The Big three have to show up. To many players trying to do much instead of just fulfilling their duties. Losing a playoff game is always a big deal. Looking forward losing this game hurts because guys like Duncan, Ginobili and Mcdyess could of used the rest. It's early in the playoffs. but it doesn't look like the big three are going to bring it every night and that is a bad sign. That said spurs will win game 6. Close, decisive, blowout whatever the spurs will win. I hope I never have to see the spurs play like that in a close out game ever again.

GO SPURS GO

Budkin
04-27-2010, 11:34 PM

Nope. They're BOTH going to have huge games on Thursday.

blkroadrunners
04-27-2010, 11:39 PM

Maybe Manu, but not so much Tim.

NewJerSpur
04-27-2010, 11:41 PM
Manu and Tim need to come out attacking....not that they can't be patient and wait for the right opportunity/lane to make a move, but the Mavs don't like playing defense beyond the first two steps on a drive.

45 bank shot
04-27-2010, 11:45 PM
why is everyone else so confident? To be honest, I'm afraid that the mavs will ride the momentum and take game 6..

DubMcDub
04-27-2010, 11:45 PM
These types of nights are just a part of the game. TD and Manu didn't show up tonight. Don't expect those two to take Thursday night off. The big three sat out the entire 4th. You can pretty much mark the 10-0 Dallas run after halftime as the end of the game. Again, no big deal, Dallas just made their shots and we didn't. When Caron Butler is the one scoring the most points for Dallas, we have nothing to worry about. Caron Butler is a third string player, so he won't be going off for 35 points next game. Dallas to me didn't do anything impressive tonight. It was more about what the Spurs didn't do, than what Dallas did do. Dallas played as effortlessly as the Spurs did, their shots just went in and ours didn't. Again, nothing big here...Dallas is not an intimidating team. Spurs just need to take care of business Thursday night and get ready for Phoenix. We shouldn't be wasting any more time on this second-tier team than we need to.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

DesignatedT
04-27-2010, 11:46 PM
why is everyone else so confident? To be honest, I'm afraid that the mavs will ride the momentum and take game 6..

We all knew this wasn't going to be easy. Of course everyone talks a big game especially after we go up 3-1 but everyone knew this was going to happen... even if they didn't want to admit it.

Fact is Mavs have to win 3 in a row which is hard to do. Should be an exciting end to the series.

DubMcDub
04-27-2010, 11:50 PM
We all knew this wasn't going to be easy. Of course everyone talks a big game especially after we go up 3-1 but everyone knew this was going to happen... even if they didn't want to admit it.

Fact is Mavs have to win 3 in a row which is hard to do. Should be an exciting end to the series.

I think the Spurs take Game 6. That being said, I disagree with this whole notion that winning 3 in a row is any harder to do than winning 3 non-consecutively. So, in other words, if you had two teams play 10 games, I think the odds of team A winning games 1-3 are the exact same as the odds of winning, say, games 3, 5, and 8.

And the Spurs just won 3 games in a row in this series, so it can't be that hard.

NewJerSpur
04-27-2010, 11:53 PM
I don't think personally that it comes down to momentum in a series like this with two teams that have the history and intimate knowledge of each other that the Spurs & Mavs do.....at least from game to game. It comes down to which team out-executes and adjusts to the other.

ElNono
04-27-2010, 11:58 PM
And the Spurs just won 3 games in a row in this series, so it can't be that hard.

Oh, it's very hard. Especially in the playoffs, where adjustments are made game to game. It's not impossible, but it's certainly very difficult.

DubMcDub
04-28-2010, 12:03 AM
Oh, it's very hard. Especially in the playoffs, where adjustments are made game to game. It's not impossible, but it's certainly very difficult.

Again, I think it is hard to win any 3 given games when the teams are fairly evenly matched and each game is close to 50/50 (because then the odds of the same team winning all 3 games are close to 12.5%), but I don't think it makes it any harder that those 3 games are in a row.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-28-2010, 12:14 AM
Caron Butler is such an incredibly good player Kobe Bryant personally demanded the Lakers GM to get him the fuck out of LA. That's how good he is.