PDA

View Full Version : Cavs vs. Celts

NewJerSpur
04-28-2010, 12:44 AM
What Say Ye?

Shaq/Sheed (Two old and slow Bigs at the end of their careers who you don't know what kind of production you'll get from night to night)

Mo Williams/Ray Allen (legitimate threats from the perimeter that can spread the floor but can also be liabilities on defense)

Paul Pierce/LeBron (Best players on their teams that have both improved defensively over the last few years)

KG/Jamison (rebounding/non-traditional back-to-the-basket bigs who will be asked to control air traffic at the rim)

TheMACHINE
04-28-2010, 12:46 AM
Boston takes this one

jacobdrj
04-28-2010, 12:51 AM
Cavs, in a rout.

Doc is a moron, and Shaq is doing what makes him Shaq. Rasheed is a non factor. PP and KG are not looking great, while Ray Ray is always an x factor...

Rondo will control most of the game as far as tempo... But I see Moon possibly switching over to him in a pinch.

LnGrrrR
04-28-2010, 12:53 AM
I'm guessing Cavs in 6... I just can't see us stopping Lebron enough to win the series, without giving too much space to the other starters.

If we take one of the first two in Cleveland, and everyone else on the Cavs besides Lebron James sucks (a la the Heat) then we can take them.

Jacob1983
04-28-2010, 12:53 AM
Stern will not let Boston win this series. He got his dream matchup back in 2008. He doesn't want a sequel. He is still going to try to have a Lakers-Cavs Finals this year.
Personally, I don't want Boston or the Lakers in the Finals. Those teams don't need anymore championships for a long long time. I'd rather see the Suns, Magic, or Cavs win it all this year instead of the spoiled teams(Lakers and Celtics).

TheMACHINE
04-28-2010, 12:55 AM
Stern will not let Boston win this series. He got his dream matchup back in 2008. He doesn't want a sequel. He is still going to try to have a Lakers-Cavs Finals this year.
Personally, I don't want Boston or the Lakers in the Finals. Those teams don't need anymore championships for a long long time. I'd rather see the Suns, Magic, or Cavs win it all this year instead of the spoiled teams(Lakers and Celtics).

you rather have a team that DOESNT have a ring get one before the Mavs do? okkkkkkk

If i was ringless like you are, i rather have boston and lakers have another title b4 any other ringless team gets one.

LnGrrrR
04-28-2010, 12:56 AM
Cavs, in a rout.

Doc is a moron, and Shaq is doing what makes him Shaq. Rasheed is a non factor. PP and KG are not looking great, while Ray Ray is always an x factor...

Rondo will control most of the game as far as tempo... But I see Moon possibly switching over to him in a pinch.

PP has been pretty decent in the playoffs, whereas KG has been serviceable. Rayray has actually been awesome this postseason, and if he goes cold during the Cavs series we'll be in a rough spot.

jacobdrj
The refs will do everything possible to screw the C's, but it wont be enough.

Umm, lol?

NewJerSpur
Cavs, in a rout.

Be interesting to see what they do with Rondo to start.....I can't see Mo being able to keep Rajon in front of him and out of the lane.

ezau
04-28-2010, 01:03 AM
I like it if the Keltics advance.

Findog
04-28-2010, 01:05 AM
Cavs in 6 or 7. If the Bulls can get a game, Boston can get at least two.

TampaDude
04-28-2010, 07:16 AM
Cavs in 6.

DDS4
04-28-2010, 12:25 PM
If Bron's elbow isn't serious, Cavs in 6. Should be a good series.

j.dizzle
04-28-2010, 12:28 PM
I can care less who wins, just watching these 2 teams beat up on each will be a joy to watch IMO hahaha...Cheers

boston.balla
04-28-2010, 03:46 PM
i think we lose in 5.

I'm sorry but we are playing bad ball, with many close games to a lousy heat team. If the cavs play hard we're screwed.

bostonguy
04-28-2010, 03:52 PM
Cavs in 5 MAYBE 6. I just hope they don't lie down.

ChrisRichards
04-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Two things that may happen.

Boston plays out of their mind and treats everygame like its last. Celtics wins the series in 7 games.

or

Lebron does his usual and the rest of his teammates shows up as well. Then its Cavs in 6.

ChrisRichards
04-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Cavs in 5 MAYBE 6. I just hope they don't lie down.
IM confused, are you rooting for the Celtics or Leon Powe's Cavaliers?

oh crap
04-28-2010, 03:55 PM
i'm hoping to baby jesus that the celt's send them bitches fishing. realistically i'd probably say cavs in 6 or 7 but wouldn't be the least bit surprised by a boston upset.

bostonguy
04-28-2010, 04:33 PM
IM confused, are you rooting for the Celtics or Leon Powe's Cavaliers?

I am a Celts fan all the way. I put up the Leon Powe stuff since his return from that torn acl. He was my favorite Celt during his time here. However, I hope he sucks ass this series. I just am too lazy to change my sig and avatar. After this series, I will be back to rooting for the Cavs to finish the job.

picc84
04-28-2010, 04:37 PM
Tony Allen is watching film on Lebron's elbow as we speak.

JoeTait75
04-28-2010, 04:51 PM
I am a Celts fan all the way. I put up the Leon Powe stuff since his return from that torn acl. He was my favorite Celt during his time here. However, I hope he sucks ass this series. I just am too lazy to change my sig and avatar. After this series, I will be back to rooting for the Cavs to finish the job.

Powe wasn't activated for the Chicago series and probably won't be activated for this one.

Cavaliers in six. If they committed to going small and athletic on Boston they could sweep, but Mike Brown is going to shoehorn Shaq into the rotation come hell or high water.

peskypesky
04-28-2010, 05:41 PM
i would've said Cavs in 6, but now with Lebron's elbow, hmmmm......not sure

mindcrime
04-28-2010, 07:02 PM
Powe wasn't activated for the Chicago series and probably won't be activated for this one.

Cavaliers in six. If they committed to going small and athletic on Boston they could sweep, but Mike Brown is going to shoehorn Shaq into the rotation come hell or high water.

Are you serious? Regardless of what lineup Cavs decide to use there is no way in hell they can sweep.

jacobdrj
04-28-2010, 07:16 PM
I love Leon Powe's game...

SpursRulez4eVeR
04-28-2010, 07:18 PM
cavs will definitely win the series, 6 or 7.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
04-28-2010, 07:56 PM
My take, for what it's worth.

Boston has seemed to me most of this season to be headed for an early playoff exit.

However. Game 1 vs. the Heat, they seemed headed for yet another home loss and suddenly started playing the defense they did two years ago.

Now, that was just the Heat, but still, it has to give Boston confidence.

This is Boston's last shot with their big 3. LeBron has 10 years ahead of him and will probably win 2 to 3 rings in that span, whether he stays or goes.

I won't pick Boston to win it all, let alone the east, but they will beat Cleveland if they can get a split in the first two.

Celtics over Cavs in 6.

The Celtics fans in this thread need to be a bit more confident in my opinion. This series is going to be a war.

LnGrrrR
04-29-2010, 07:59 AM
The Celtics fans in this thread need to be a bit more confident in my opinion. This series is going to be a war.

There's probably multiple reasons for Bostonfan to be cautious...

1) We're not douchebag cocky Laker-fans.

2) We grew up watching the Red Sox choke.

3) We think/know that Cavs are a strong, STRONG team.

Giuseppe
04-29-2010, 08:16 AM
4) Yer afraid.

LnGrrrR
04-29-2010, 08:36 AM
4) Yer afraid.

I'm afraid of my kid getting hurt. I'll be mildly disappointed if the Celts don't make it.

Giuseppe
04-29-2010, 08:46 AM
There, now you've self insulated in case you lose.

Congratulations, you weak thing, you.

LnGrrrR
04-29-2010, 10:29 AM
There, now you've self insulated in case you lose.

Congratulations, you weak thing, you.

I know this might sadden you to hear Giuseppe, but some of us on these boards have more hopes and dreams than watching our bball team win another title. :toast

Giuseppe
04-29-2010, 11:11 AM
I know this might sadden you to hear Giuseppe, but some of us on these boards have more hopes and dreams than watching our bball team win another title.

Sure.

LnGrrrR
04-29-2010, 11:18 AM
Sure.

I know, it's hard for you to believe...

Giuseppe
04-29-2010, 11:49 AM
I know, it's hard for you to believe...

I was being facetious.

You'll be singing a different tune if my hunch is correct and you can impose your will upon the Cavs.

Then you'll sprout a 10 inch boner and Will Hunting will eat hearty.

TheManFromAcme
04-29-2010, 12:07 PM
Boston is licking their chops for this one. They are not afraid. This team almost went to the finals last season. They still got some life in em. I still say the Cavs pull out of this series but it's going to be a battle. The 3 old men (KG, Pierce and Allen) still got something to say about this.

LnGrrrR
04-29-2010, 12:11 PM
Then you'll sprout a 10 inch boner

:rollin

That I will Cully, that I will. :)

bus driver
04-29-2010, 12:41 PM
celtics in 6, they have the X factor.......FINLEY!

Giuseppe
04-29-2010, 01:56 PM
:rollin

That I will Cully, that I will. :)

I don't blame ya. I'd give my eye teeth for a 10 inch boner.

JoeTait75
04-29-2010, 04:12 PM
Lake Show fans have that Stockholm Syndrome going on when it comes to the Celtics. All those Finals beat-downs have that affect, I guess.

Jacob1983
04-29-2010, 06:39 PM
themachine, how many times do I have to tell you and other delusional fans that you personally have no championship rings? The teams you root for have the championships and rings. You do not. I am ringless because I do not play in the NBA or any other pro sport. I'm saying that if the Mavs can't win it this year, I'd rather see a team that has never won win. I cannot stand the Lakers, Celtics, and Spurs so why I would want to see one of those teams win another championship? And I have no sympathy fans of teams that are spoiled and the teams themselves.

TheManFromAcme
04-29-2010, 07:20 PM
Lake Show fans have that Stockholm Syndrome going on when it comes to the Celtics. All those Finals beat-downs have that affect, I guess.

:downspin: Can't argue the beatdowns we've taken. That's for sure.

However;

L.A. has managed to bring championships (yes, plural) and not go on 45+ year droughts.

Sorry Joe. That hunger your team and city have must be another type of syndrome. :toast

RsxPiimp
05-13-2010, 10:10 PM
Lots of Celtic supporters in this board, I see ;)