PDA

View Full Version : Terry: "There will be a Game 7"

deibero
04-28-2010, 10:59 AM
Tired of this punk running his mouth...

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/04/jason-terry-there-will-be-a-game-7/

Jason Terry: There Will Be a Game 7

The JET had a lot to say prior to last night’s game (http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2010/04/mavs-terry-we-f.html) against the Spurs (”we feel we’re a better team than them”), and following the victory, he tells the Dallas Morning News that the Mavs will force a Game 7 (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/042810dnspoblogterry.522c4c8.html) in the series: “Terry predicted that the Mavs would return to the AAC for a Game 7, meaning of course they survive elimination in Game 6 in San Antonio: ‘No question. We’re coming back,’ he said. ‘We have to. It’s our mission. Our job is to go down there and get this win and come on back.”‘

rjv
04-28-2010, 10:59 AM
not that bold a prediction.

sa_butta
04-28-2010, 11:00 AM
Of course he is going to say that, What do you think he is going to say???
We are going to lose game six and cry like little babies...Its going to be tough for both teams.

coyotes_geek
04-28-2010, 11:00 AM
You mean Terry didn't come out and predict that his team would lose game 6? Shocking.

DesignatedT
04-28-2010, 11:01 AM
lol. this team never learns. after every win they start talking more shit. fucking retarded.

sananspursfan21
04-28-2010, 11:02 AM
i could take terry no doubt. lemme at him man!!!! :ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit

coyotes_geek
04-28-2010, 11:02 AM
i could take terry no doubt. lemme at him man!!!! :ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit

Just be sure to wear a cup.

Fpoonsie
04-28-2010, 11:03 AM
I can empathize somewhat w/ the OP, if only because if Terry were to say, "The sky is blue", it'd prolly still piss me off somehow.

ecksrobecks
04-28-2010, 11:04 AM
Terry described a new pregame ritual in which he had Eddie Najera, J.J. Barea and DeShawn Stevenson launch him skyward.

"I'm not big on death, but I was in a casket," Terry said. "And when they bounced me up, I fell up out of the casket and said 'we're not done yet.' We're going to have to do that again."

uhhhh.... wtf?

DPG21920
Mavs look good and should be confident. What else is he supposed to say?

deibero
the part of him saying he feels like theyre the better team is the one i dont like...

thats something you obviously gotta think, but dont say it out like that...

i will never imagine manu or td making any of those statements, and regarding gm 6 they would have said that they will do our best to go down there and steal one, a little humility, no guarantees

sananspursfan21
04-28-2010, 11:06 AM
Terry described a new pregame ritual in which he had Eddie Najera, J.J. Barea and DeShawn Stevenson launch him skyward.

"I'm not big on death, but I was in a casket," Terry said. "And when they bounced me up, I fell up out of the casket and said 'we're not done yet.' We're going to have to do that again."

uhhhh.... wtf?

what a queer. i shred queers like him for breakfast

SenorSpur
There's a better chance of Turtlehead punching someone in the gonads, than there being a Game 7.

ecksrobecks
i'm jsut trying to figure out if he was really in a casket or if it was just a metaphorical casket

AnthonyM
04-28-2010, 11:07 AM
It's not so much WHAT Terry said. It's the fact that he said it.

We understand that the team is trying like hell to get the series to a game 7, but it's the fact that Terry is always the one to say it.

There is such a thing as keeping your mouth shut and just going about your business.

Saying it to the press when everyone knows they want a game 7 won't do anything but fire up the Spurs.

sa_butta
04-28-2010, 11:07 AM

uhhhh.... wtf?
:lol

in2deep
04-28-2010, 11:09 AM
good for him

Phillip
04-28-2010, 11:09 AM
its destiny

mavs/spurs - best rivalry in the NBA for years

they just dont get the kind of attention that other teams get because their superstars (Timmy and Dirk) are considered "boring" even though they truly are two of the greatest competitors in the history of sports. its also an interesting rivalry, because these teams truly leave it all on the court. they fight and bite and punch and kick on the court, but in all honesty, its 100% due to competitiveness, as these two teams have as much true respect off the court for each other as two teams can have.

DesignatedT
04-28-2010, 11:11 AM
i still cant get over our game being on NBA tv last night. wtf is that shit

SpursWoman
04-28-2010, 11:12 AM
I can empathize somewhat w/ the OP, if only because if Terry were to say, "The sky is blue", it'd prolly still piss me off somehow.

coyotes_geek
04-28-2010, 11:13 AM
i still cant get over our game being on NBA tv last night. wtf is that shit

Ratings. The "boring" Spurs and the "choker" mavs will lose out to Kobe and Durant 100% of the time. That's just the way it is.

cd98
04-28-2010, 11:16 AM
Did we want a national audience watching that pathetic effort last night?

Tito_Trinidad
04-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Sad but true, and you know it

Andy25
04-28-2010, 11:19 AM
I guess I should thank terry for saying shit and jinxing the mavs and angering the basketball Gods so I can stop all my spurs superstitions.

DesignatedT
04-28-2010, 11:19 AM
Did we want a national audience watching that pathetic effort last night?

does it really matter?

cd98
04-28-2010, 11:20 AM
does it really matter?

Well it would reenforce the boring stereotype we've been labeled.

Mixability
04-28-2010, 11:24 AM
but he didn't say anything about winning that game 7

FromWayDowntown
04-28-2010, 11:26 AM
its destiny

mavs/spurs - best rivalry in the NBA for years

they just dont get the kind of attention that other teams get because their superstars (Timmy and Dirk) are considered "boring" even though they truly are two of the greatest competitors in the history of sports. its also an interesting rivalry, because these teams truly leave it all on the court. they fight and bite and punch and kick on the court, but in all honesty, its 100% due to competitiveness, as these two teams have as much true respect off the court for each other as two teams can have.

The rivalry doesn't get the kind of attention that other teams get because it hasn't been relevant to determining an NBA title since the Mavs choked away their chance in 2006.

The games are fun for fans and they are almost always tight. But until the winner of the series goes on to make a difference in the overall playoff bracket, it's earned its marginal national relevance.

tmtcsc
04-28-2010, 11:26 AM
Yeah, I noticed that too. Why not just say you are going to win the series ? Coming back for Game 7 doesn't mean shit other than the Spurs will have lost 2 games in a row and will play balls out to beat you on your home court.

Flux451
04-28-2010, 11:41 AM
He was referring to the OKC Lakers Series actually.

Mavs101
04-28-2010, 11:42 AM
Some of you guys need to show some class. There are some great Spurs fans who give credit where it's due. There are others that make claims that JET is a no talent pussy who couldn't hit a game winner to save his life. You guys are the reason this rivalry exists. Plain stupid ignorance. There are great players on both teams. Both teams play well against one another. Stop clouding this with your 5'6" tall ass who couldn't shoot over JET even if his back was turned. The man has won games for the Mavs and is a PROFESSIONAL basketball player. He has every right to say they will win. That is what they are paid to do. WIN GAMES. Some of you guys hit it right on the head... what else is he supposed to say? GEEZ... give the guy some credit and stop being a sour puss because the guy hits clutch shots against SA. I could say the same shit about Manu and Tim.... but I don't. They are great players and say similar shit. Don't cast stones!

TC-MAVS
04-28-2010, 11:45 AM
the part of him saying he feels like theyre the better team is the one i dont like...

thats something you obviously gotta think, but dont say it out like that...

i will never imagine manu or td making any of those statements, and regarding gm 6 they would have said that they will do our best to go down there and steal one, a little humility, no guarantees

Because they're boring.......and everybody except people in san antone realize that.

widowmaker
04-28-2010, 11:46 AM
Congrats to Dallas and all those toothless, stinky, stupid rednecks lol. I just had to say that.

Mavs101
04-28-2010, 11:48 AM
Is toothless, stinky, stupid redneck any worse than calling someone a dirty Mexican?

MarceloM!
04-28-2010, 12:06 PM
I don't think so.

G-Nob
04-28-2010, 12:08 PM
Don Harris said it best on twitter. No better example of false bravado than Jason Terry.

BillMc
04-28-2010, 12:17 PM
Given Terry's IQ, I'm surprised he didn't say "There will be a Game 8."

DubMcDub
04-28-2010, 12:19 PM

A few too many reasonable posts by Spurs fans in this thread. You're scaring me.

That being said, I actually think he's wrong and the Spurs take Game 6.

sa_butta
04-28-2010, 12:19 PM
There will be blood in game 6.

MateoNeygro
04-28-2010, 12:21 PM
I absolutely hate Jason Terry. Some might say hate is a strong word but I don't give a shit. It's not just this comment it's the way he carries himself etc. He's such a fucking tool.

z0sa
04-28-2010, 12:21 PM
No, there won't be. Sorry fake-JET.

MateoNeygro
04-28-2010, 12:22 PM

Lol I'm the same way. I just hate the guy.

mavsfan1000
04-28-2010, 12:24 PM
New bulletin board material. Damn I wish the mavs team would shut their mouth.

mavsfan1000
04-28-2010, 12:26 PM
Some of you guys need to show some class. There are some great Spurs fans who give credit where it's due. There are others that make claims that JET is a no talent pussy who couldn't hit a game winner to save his life. You guys are the reason this rivalry exists. Plain stupid ignorance. There are great players on both teams. Both teams play well against one another. Stop clouding this with your 5'6" tall ass who couldn't shoot over JET even if his back was turned. The man has won games for the Mavs and is a PROFESSIONAL basketball player. He has every right to say they will win. That is what they are paid to do. WIN GAMES. Some of you guys hit it right on the head... what else is he supposed to say? GEEZ... give the guy some credit and stop being a sour puss because the guy hits clutch shots against SA. I could say the same shit about Manu and Tim.... but I don't. They are great players and say similar shit. Don't cast stones!

Have you seen some of the mavs forums? They are less tolerant than here and hate the spurs and ban these fans almost instantly when they go on the board.

MateoNeygro
04-28-2010, 12:27 PM

Don't say anything at all. Have some class. Being confident is one thing, but Terry is cocky. Confident people don't have to bump their gums about shit because they aren't insecure. Outright cocky people usually are a little insecure about shit like that so they try to convice themselves and everyone else that they are infact better. He's a douche. Tim, Manu, TP any Spur player wouldn't say some asshole shit like that. I hope Blair suplexes this fag.

ElNono
04-28-2010, 12:30 PM
Is this like a Guaransheed?

DesignatedT
04-28-2010, 12:30 PM
Last time they started running there mouth we ran off 3 games in a row. It's about being smarter than that but then again i wouldn't expect much else out of terry. Hes probably not very bright. Didn't see us running our mouth after 3 straight wins against a 2 seed.

DesignatedT
04-28-2010, 12:33 PM

no they don't. show me where duncan and manu guaranteed a win?

Brazil
04-28-2010, 12:36 PM
of course he is saying that, what else he could say ? "u know we will try our best to win game 6 but u know this spurs team is very good, i think they are better than us"

wtf ? mavs have to believe in themselves and be confident to have a chance.

Now the Spurs have to begin the game strong and take the lead in the first in order to send a clear we are at home, this game is ours.

MateoNeygro
04-28-2010, 12:37 PM

You are a fucking idiot. Just about everything you said is wrong or stupid. We need to show class? How about your boy keeps his mouth shut and doesn't talk shit, NEVER have you heard a Spurs player go to the media to make predictions about winning games. JET is a talented player, he's very good nobody in this thread has said anything about him being a no talent pussy. How about you go to a Mavs forum if you think we don't have class otherwise shutty.

DesignatedT
04-28-2010, 12:38 PM
of course he is saying that, what else he could say ? "u know we will try our best to win game 6 but u know this spurs team is very good, i think they are better than us"

wtf ? mavs have to believe in themselves and be confident to have a chance.

Now the Spurs have to begin the game strong and take the lead in the first in order to send a clear we are at home, this game is ours.

You know you could always take the humble approach... Not very smart IMO to say things that will motivate the other team... actually pretty retarded if you ask me.

MateoNeygro
04-28-2010, 12:45 PM
Because they're boring.......and everybody except people in san antone realize that.

Lol Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker taking the ball to the hoop with no regard for their body is boring. Good, team basketball is boring?? Lol watching a team play no defense and take jump shots all game is boring.

Brazil
04-28-2010, 12:48 PM
You know you could always take the humble approach... Not very smart IMO to say things that will motivate the other team... actually pretty retarded if you ask me.

This game is for them life or death, they are playing in SA, they will try to maintain their aggression level before and during the game. There is nothing wrong with that. Its just my 2 cents.
The humble approach works for Tim but for instance doesn't work for TP same for the teams.

MateoNeygro
04-28-2010, 12:49 PM

Thank you! Terry is a good player no doubt but he always talks shit.

kace
04-28-2010, 12:55 PM
This game is for them life or death, they are playing in SA, they will try to maintain their aggression level before and during the game. There is nothing wrong with that. Its just my 2 cents.
The humble approach works for Tim but for instance doesn't work for TP same for the teams.

you will have a hard time finding a quote of TP before a PO game saying "we will win this game" or "we feel we're the better team". In fact, in 8 years of postseasons, you probably won't find anything close to that from him (or any spurs player by the way).

be serious. Terry is another kind of guy. i can understand if you're not shocked by his quotes, but don't act like if it was very usual because it's not, honestly, to be so cocky even if it's still not a big deal.

i heard JT is a nice guy otherwise, but as a bbal player, on and off the court, he's rather irritating.

coyotes_geek
04-28-2010, 12:57 PM

Do you honestly believe the Spurs are in to the bulletin board material game? The only people who get fired up by what Terry says are Spurs fans.

Brazil
04-28-2010, 01:04 PM
you will have a hard time finding a quote of TP before a PO game saying "we will win this game" or "we feel we're the better team". In fact, in 8 years of postseasons, you probably won't find anything close to that from him (or any spurs player by the way).

be serious. Terry is another kind of guy. i can understand if you're not shocked by his quotes, but don't act like if it was very usual because it's not, honestly, to be so cocky even if it's still not a big deal.

i heard JT is a nice guy otherwise, but as a bbal player, on and off the court, he's rather irritating.

For the Tim / TP comparaison I was talking about about their game. TP can say I'm a fucking good basketball player, this is his own way to build confidence. BTW this is one of the reason a lot french don't like him.

As for Terry he is a fucking prick but indeed his last quote is not a big deal. He can be worst. :lol

LoneStarState'sPride
04-28-2010, 01:06 PM
On the one hand, I can totally understand the confidence coming off the Mavs' game 6 performance. Hell, if the Spurs were in the same spot, I'd sure as heck want them at least THINKING that they'd force a game 7. But thinking is as far as I'd go.

When you say it out loud, you've gone beyond simply motivating yourself and your teammates. You've issued a challenge to the other team--a challenge that they can't help but see and hear, even if they don't respond through the media. It's just poor sportsmanship, and I've never heard any Spurs player insinuate that they'd win games, especially in the postseason.

Shoot, I don't even guarantee wins in pick-up or intramural games. No rhyme or (good) reason for doing it on a professional level. The world knows you're getting paid to win games, so go out there and do your damn job and quit flapping your lips.

crc21209
04-28-2010, 01:11 PM

Wow, even Mavs fans admitting that some of their guys should just shut the hell up...

Budkin
04-28-2010, 01:47 PM
The only thing Terry is going be doing back in Dallas is going fishing.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-28-2010, 01:48 PM
Nice! I was just waiting for something like this! now the spurs will kick their asses!

Shank
04-28-2010, 02:08 PM
Postgame, he said "IF we win game 6" and respects the Spurs and their position in this series. He's not running his mouth.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-28-2010, 02:13 PM
Postgame, he said "IF we win game 6" and respects the Spurs and their position in this series. He's not running his mouth.

Um, yes he is. What kind of a bullshit statement is that, anyway? "If we win game 6, there will be a game 7."

Naw, really?

SenorSpur
04-28-2010, 02:14 PM
Given Terry's IQ, I'm surprised he didn't say "There will be a Game 8."

:lmao

Everytime this punk opens his mouth, he shows the world how ignorant he is.

Another example of a Mavs player pounding their chest in the midst of a battle, while failing to realize that they are losing the war.

I'll get plenty of joy seeing his broken face when the Mavs walk off the court in defeat on Thursday.

SenorSpur
04-28-2010, 02:15 PM
Yeah, I noticed that too. Why not just say you are going to win the series ? Coming back for Game 7 doesn't mean shit other than the Spurs will have lost 2 games in a row and will play balls out to beat you on your home court.

Cecil Turtle is a fucking idiot!

Shank
04-28-2010, 02:17 PM
Um, yes he is. What kind of a bullshit statement is that, anyway? "If we win game 6, there will be a game 7."

Naw, really?

But you guys would really run nuts if he said "WHEN we win game 6".

widowmaker
04-28-2010, 02:26 PM
Is toothless, stinky, stupid redneck any worse than calling someone a dirty Mexican?

If the shoe fits? Wear it. I'll let you make that call, I was just joking I could care less what people say about mexicans. I 've heard it all my life and people really do need to come up with new material and realize we are'nt going anywhere no matter what they say or do.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-28-2010, 02:43 PM
But you guys would really run nuts if he said "WHEN we win game 6".

Shit, all I know is whenever that turd opens his mouth, ignorance and stupidity come rushing out like a tidal wave.

Besides, by saying there WILL be a 7th game, he's already saying that it'd occur WHEN the mavs win a 6th game.

Same difference.

da_suns_fan
04-28-2010, 03:21 PM
Ratings. The "boring" Spurs and the "choker" mavs will lose out to Kobe and Durant 100% of the time. That's just the way it is.

ANY team would lose out to the Lakers. Thats just the way it is.

spursfan1000
04-28-2010, 04:07 PM
He can say all the fuck he wants, even though I do believe him that Spurs will choke tommarow game 6...he talks too much shit though.

slick'81
04-28-2010, 04:29 PM
terry loves to talk to bad this series wont leave sa thursday

Kool Bob Love
04-28-2010, 05:36 PM

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/04/jason-terry-there-will-be-a-game-7/

The JET had a lot to say prior to last night’s game (http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2010/04/mavs-terry-we-f.html) against the Spurs (”we feel we’re a better team than them”), and following the victory, he tells the Dallas Morning News that the Mavs will force a Game 7 (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/042810dnspoblogterry.522c4c8.html) in the series: “Terry predicted that the Mavs would return to the AAC for a Game 7, meaning of course they survive elimination in Game 6 in San Antonio: ‘No question. We’re coming back,’ he said. ‘We have to. It’s our mission. Our job is to go down there and get this win and come on back.”‘

http://l-userpic.livejournal.com/93260312/130885

DesignatedT
04-28-2010, 05:40 PM
Do you honestly believe the Spurs are in to the bulletin board material game? The only people who get fired up by what Terry says are Spurs fans.

I don't believe that. Players know damn well what the other team is saying. It might not make a difference at times but it sure as hell doesn't help the situation. that squad over there just isn't very bright. Exactly what happened after game 1... start running your mouth than lose 3 straight.

SpurCharger
04-28-2010, 06:26 PM
Fuck Jason Terry.... True Story..... I used to be A Store Manager For Footlocker In tucson Az..... And Alot of The University of arizona Guys would Go In the Store(Arenas, Jefferson, Walton, Terry, Bibby). FootLocker Is owned By the same Company As Champ Sports. Jason Terry Went into Champs Bought A T Shirt, And Took The bag They Gave Him And started Tryin to steal Socks From champs. They Caught him But never pressed charges... The manager of Champs Is A Huge U Of A Fan, So he didnt wanna Bring Any BS On The School... So, Jason Terry To Me will Always Be A Sock Thief!

tp2021
04-28-2010, 06:37 PM

You are being way nicer than I would be.

OldSilentHill
04-28-2010, 06:44 PM
He is damn right. Game 6 is Game 7. Game 7 is already a lost in Spurs head.

austN Spur
04-28-2010, 06:47 PM
Fuck Jason Terry.... True Story..... I used to be A Store Manager For Footlocker In tucson Az..... And Alot of The University of arizona Guys would Go In the Store(Arenas, Jefferson, Walton, Terry, Bibby). FootLocker Is owned By the same Company As Champ Sports. Jason Terry Went into Champs Bought A T Shirt, And Took The bag They Gave Him And started Tryin to steal Socks From champs. They Caught him But never pressed charges... The manager of Champs Is A Huge U Of A Fan, So he didnt wanna Bring Any BS On The School... So, Jason Terry To Me will Always Be A Sock Thief!
:lol:lmao:lol

:flag:

MannyIsGod
04-29-2010, 09:41 PM
Jason Terry, SG 20 1-7 0-2 0-0 0 0 0 2 1 0 2 1 -15 2

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOL

angelbelow
04-29-2010, 09:43 PM
haha, reminds me of mo williams during that cavs and magics series last year.

td4mvp21
04-29-2010, 09:45 PM
Oops

baseline bum
04-29-2010, 09:50 PM
Mavs in 9

Budkin
04-29-2010, 09:54 PM
Jason "Nostradumbass" Terry

MarceloM!
04-29-2010, 09:54 PM
Maybe next Year. GO SPURS GO!

my2sons
04-29-2010, 09:55 PM
what will the mavs do now that they lost their championship game against the spurs in the first round

Spurs Brazil
04-29-2010, 10:01 PM
Fuck you Terry.

Go play a game 7 against Cuban

NickiRasgo
04-29-2010, 10:02 PM
Tee-hee.

spursfan1000
04-29-2010, 10:04 PM
There will be no game 7!!

SpurOutofTownFan
04-29-2010, 10:56 PM
Nice! I was just waiting for something like this! now the spurs will kick their asses!

This

Mixability
04-29-2010, 11:10 PM
i'll guess cuban will be having a pickup game at his house?

Dalamar_the_Dark
04-30-2010, 12:26 AM
Game 7 will Mavs starters vs Mavs reserves. Go Mavs Go! LOL

Avitus1
04-30-2010, 12:27 AM
Jason Terry jinxed the Mavs!

crc21209
04-30-2010, 12:41 AM

:lmao OWNED!

montgod
04-30-2010, 12:57 AM
With that Beaubois guy coming on strong... Terry better start worrying about another game in a Mavs uni....

EricB
04-30-2010, 12:59 AM
Agreed. Wouldn't be shocked to see them shop Terry in the offseason.

MannyIsGod
04-30-2010, 01:03 AM

No one wants his contract. He's staying a Mav.