PDA

View Full Version : Game 5: TP interview - TP a new Najera fan

Brazil
04-28-2010, 12:10 PM
As expected, San Antonio lost yesterday in Dallas and will try to qualify in 2 days at home.
Tony, as we could expect, Dallas made a move at home winning 103-81. How do you feel ?
It is always hard to beat the same team four times in a row, especially Dallas. What I was fearing after Game 4 happened. Dallas played with much more energy. They didn’t want the series to stop tonight. They played better offense and defense. They were obviously better than us. I don’t know what happened, maybe we were tired. For instance, we can’t turn 18 balls over. It’s definitely too much if you want to win a game.
The beginning of second half was really bad…
Yes it’s true, the beginning of second half killed us. They scored 5 times in a row while when didn’t. And then there was too much to catch up. We couldn’t come back from a 15 points lead again. It’s too bad we didn’t capitalize when we came back from the locker rooms.
How do you analyze the game ?
I made a good first half (17 points). I came back in the second period after we drowned but it was too late. I couldn’t do anything, I wasn’t scoring. These things happen. Anyway, I have two scratches on my forehead thanks to Eduardo Najera. It’s not bad but still, he scratched me good.
To avoid Game 7 in Dallas, you now have to win the next game at home. What can you tell us about this game ?
We have no choice. But if someone had told before we started the series that we would lead 3-2 with the possibility to win it in San Antonio I would have signed for it. We lost tonight but we’re still leading. We just have to pull ourselves together after tonight’s big loss. We’re starting tomorrow with the video.

Cane
04-28-2010, 12:13 PM
Hopefully the Spurs return the favor and give Najera some bruises and losses to think about over the summer.

Brazil
04-28-2010, 12:23 PM
Hopefully the Spurs return the favor and give Najera some bruises and losses to think about over the summer.

I hope not. Najera is just a giant failure, he is just giving free FTs for the spurs. I liked the fact that after the incident TP kept on going inside fearless

sa_butta
04-28-2010, 12:24 PM
Where the hell is Will Purdue when you need him??

benefactor
04-28-2010, 12:26 PM
Najera getting extra playing time in game 6 because of his "toughness" in game 5 would be very good for the Spurs.

rjv
04-28-2010, 12:27 PM
najera will not get away with it on thursday. hopefully, carlisle is desparate enough to think eduardo is the answer.

Brazil
04-28-2010, 12:30 PM
najera will not get away with it on thursday. hopefully, carlisle is desparate enough to think eduardo is the answer.

I hope so. If on top of that Carlisle could think: "I have Dampier rested now I can use him for the game 6 to defend Tim and I will use Haywood off the bench", it would be very nice too. we can dream after all

Fpoonsie
04-28-2010, 12:33 PM
I hope so. If on top of that Carlisle could think: "I have Dampier rested now I can use him for the game 6 to defend Tim and I will use Haywood off the bench", it would be very nice too. we can dream after all

:lol

Nice.

Crookshanks
04-28-2010, 12:52 PM
Anyway, I have two scratches on my forehead thanks to Eduardo Najera. It’s not bad but still, he scratched me good.

I hope Tony is current on his tetanus shots! :lol

Brazil
04-28-2010, 12:54 PM

here we go again with the dirty mexican jokes:downspin:

LoneStarState'sPride
04-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Go get 'em, TP!

nkdlunch
04-28-2010, 12:57 PM
I miss Kevin Willis

DBMethos
04-28-2010, 01:03 PM
To avoid Game 7 in Dallas, you now have to win the next game at home. What can you tell us about this game ?
We have no choice. But if someone had told before we started the series that we would lead 3-2 with the possibility to win it in San Antonio I would have signed for it.

I agree.

Bukefal
04-28-2010, 01:03 PM

:lol

Flux451
04-28-2010, 01:12 PM
I miss Kevin Willis

me too, he would checked the fack out of Nada-ra

ace3g
04-28-2010, 01:23 PM
Najera needs to hit Manu again preferably in the 4th quarter, so Manu gets angry and takes over.

Bartleby
04-28-2010, 02:01 PM

The Spurs aren't the kind of team to retaliate, but if they did I think it would make more sense to hit them where it hurts and go after Terry or Dirk.

Blackjack
04-28-2010, 02:10 PM
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/8461/kk3n.gif

ace3g . . .

http://www.thecobrasnose.com/images6/ferrispool.jpg

You're my hero. :tu

SenorSpur
04-28-2010, 02:17 PM
I loved the way TP kept storming back to the basket with an unabashed aggressiveness.

ace3g
04-28-2010, 02:39 PM
ace3g . . .

http://www.thecobrasnose.com/images6/ferrispool.jpg

You're my hero. :tu

Thanks, like I said in another thread, I've had this idea for while and the Karate Kid is one of my favorite movies of all time. I love a lot of movies from the 80s especially action movies. It just took me a while to find the right pictures of Manu and Dirk to fit the original pics. The best thing was that Daniel had dark hair like Manu and Johnny had blond hair like Dirk.

Dirk's face doesn't match the the body on Johnny that well, since there aren't too many high quality pictures from KK. And the pictures I found of Dirk that might have matched the skin tone of the original picture he always had his mouth open with an angry face. So I tried my best to make the right adjustments in photo-shop to match the skin tones close enough.

Blackjack
04-28-2010, 02:50 PM
Well done, ace. :lol

Bukefal
04-28-2010, 03:38 PM
Go get 'em, TP!

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/3170/d6a645dc4412ffa247d4400.jpg

Bukefal
04-28-2010, 03:38 PM
Najera needs to hit Manu again preferably in the 4th quarter, so Manu gets angry and takes over.

Nice sig! :king

SPURSCHAMP
04-28-2010, 04:52 PM
how bout Pop put mason in to elbow dirk's nose???