PDA

View Full Version : Sapd

JudynTX
04-28-2010, 12:36 PM
You don't mess with SAPD. :wakeup This morning, they said this was the 7th police officer involved shooting this year.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/SA_officers_shoot_man_dead_on_East_Side.html

panic giraffe
04-28-2010, 12:54 PM
did he even have a weapon?

p.s. i thought we weren't using hearst pubs here?

panic giraffe
04-28-2010, 01:02 PM
this is so sad.

poor kid.

why can't it be sop just to tase or mace unless there was reported shots fired or an actual crime going on first. the kid just didn't comply, maybe he was high or drunk or something, but to shoot first without using a non-lethal form first is a little trigger happy if you ask me.

Leetonidas
04-28-2010, 01:04 PM
It's hard for me to feel sorry for the dumbass that doesn't put his hands up when the cops repeatedly tell him to do so. Yeah it's fucked up and they probably didn't have to shoot him, but seriously, quit being a fucking idiot and just but your damn hands up.

Dr. Gonzo
04-28-2010, 01:07 PM
this is so sad.

poor kid.

why can't it be sop just to tase or mace unless there was reported shots fired or an actual crime going on first. the kid just didn't comply, maybe he was high or drunk or something, but to shoot first without using a non-lethal form first is a little trigger happy if you ask me.

If I was a cop I would do the same thing. They don't know what is wrong with the kid and I sure as hell wouldn't risk him pulling out a gun and shooting me first. The dumb ass should have put his hands up and he would still be alive today.

bus driver
04-28-2010, 01:30 PM
oh well dont fuck with the police unless you can back it up.....

tlongII
04-28-2010, 01:33 PM
SAPD ain't got shit on PPD. You would be amazed at some of the shit that goes on around here.

coyotes_geek
04-28-2010, 01:40 PM
It's hard for me to feel sorry for the dumbass that doesn't put his hands up when the cops repeatedly tell him to do so. Yeah it's fucked up and they probably didn't have to shoot him, but seriously, quit being a fucking idiot and just but your damn hands up.

My thoughts as well.

nkdlunch
04-28-2010, 01:43 PM

do you beleive everything you read?

what if there's a slight chance the cops are lying?

coyotes_geek
04-28-2010, 01:48 PM

Whether or not the cops are lying doesn't change the fact that the kid would still be alive if he'd have just put his hands up.

RandomGuy
04-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Nervous people with guns: "Please show us your hands, so we know that you aren't going to shoot us!"

Dude: "No, thanks, booga booga booga"

Nervous people with guns: "Please show us your hands, so we know that you aren't going to shoot us!"

Dude: "Let me walk towards you with my hands in my pocket so it looks like I have a gun, booga booga booga!"

When nervous people with guns tell you to do something, it is generally a good idea to comply with their requests.

I do feel sorry for the guys family.

RandomGuy
04-28-2010, 01:54 PM

If the cops are lying, then the dude's two compadres will out them. We'll see.

My gut says the guy was quite possibly impaired somehow, i.e. high/drunk.

BlackSwordsMan
04-28-2010, 02:11 PM
moral of the story don't stop if SAPD tells you to

z0sa
04-28-2010, 02:14 PM
Sad but stupid. You don't fuck around like that.

boutons_deux
04-28-2010, 02:19 PM
Killing this mortally threatening kid was the only way to handle it.

GFY, corrupt, trigger-happy PDs everywhere. :)

CosmicCowboy
04-28-2010, 02:21 PM
Darwinian selection at work.

bus driver
04-28-2010, 02:53 PM
Darwinian selection at work.

:lol thats a good one

exstatic
04-28-2010, 06:27 PM

Dash cam: it's not just for perps.

The Reckoning
04-28-2010, 08:12 PM
i bet utsapd would love to shoot someone. they pull you over for going 20 in a 15.

EmptyMan
04-28-2010, 11:13 PM
I'm ******** ***** ** ******* crying about their dumbass **** wearing 5xl hoodies, driving stolen cars @ 3 a.m., not obeying a simple order from men with guns.

EmptyMan
04-28-2010, 11:17 PM
this is so sad.

poor kid.

Ever seen video of a cop screaming in the final seconds of his life after he allowed a pulled over man to reach back into his vehicle?

panic giraffe
04-29-2010, 10:47 AM
I'm ******** ***** ** ******* crying about their dumbass **** wearing 5xl hoodies, driving stolen cars @ 3 a.m., not obeying a simple order from men with guns.

car wasn't stolen.

5xl hoodies? doesn't say what he was wearing so i'm just going to chalk that one up to ignorance. do you also cross to the other side of the street when you see young black men?

panic giraffe
04-29-2010, 10:51 AM
Ever seen video of a cop screaming in the final seconds of his life after he allowed a pulled over man to reach back into his vehicle?

i bet it's sad to watch. however, the cop is trained on how to handle situations like that.

the kid was (more likely than not) too stoned to hear or understand what the cop was saying. so he took seven shots? makes no sense. fine even if you don't think it should be SOP for them to use a non-lethal form first, there are plenty of shots to take, with a single bullet, to subdue someone. seven just makes the guy look trigger happy.

z0sa
04-29-2010, 10:53 AM
It wasn't just one officer who fired.

ashbeeigh
04-29-2010, 10:56 AM
I'd just link to the story..Judyn...getting Kori in trouble at this point in the playoffs is the last thing we want to do...just sayin'.

And this makes it more than one shooting every month. It's horrible.

JudynTX
04-29-2010, 11:07 AM
I'd just link to the story..Judyn...getting Kori in trouble at this point in the playoffs is the last thing we want to do...just sayin'.

And this makes it more than one shooting every month. It's horrible.

Huh? Why would Kori get in trouble?

panic giraffe
04-29-2010, 11:13 AM
ugh..... http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148661&highlight=hearst

read that, too much to explain.

z0sa
04-29-2010, 11:14 AM
The Express News came down on Kori over duncan228 and others posting E-N articles in their entirety. You can put 2 sentences and the link without worrying.

JudynTX
04-29-2010, 11:19 AM

The Express News came down on Kori over duncan228 and others posting E-N articles in their entirety. You can put 2 sentences and the link without worrying.

Thanks for the heads up, I edited my post.

Kori getting in trouble is the last thing I want.

z0sa
04-29-2010, 11:23 AM
:tu Judyntx.

It truly is a sad story and anytime an officer fires on the people he swears to protect, it should be a well-publicized event regardless of how justified it was.

ashbeeigh
04-29-2010, 11:40 AM

I'm afraid the granny clan doesn't must go into the Spurs forum. Hence their lack of knowledge.

JudynTX
04-29-2010, 12:01 PM
I'm afraid the granny clan doesn't must go into the Spurs forum. Hence their lack of knowledge.

doesn't must?

Hence, lack of grammar.

EmptyMan
04-29-2010, 01:44 PM
car wasn't stolen.

5xl hoodies? doesn't say what he was wearing so i'm just going to chalk that one up to ignorance. do you also cross to the other side of the street when you see young black men?

Black, White, Hispanic...the race would not really matter. Keeping it real though, I probably would not worry about the asians. Crossing the other side of the street would depend on circumstances. I've always done that thing where I will lower my head (to increase peripheral vision) while walking past someone. I'll pause my ipod while jogging past someone. Just healthy paranoia brah.

It sucks for these mothers to suffer the ultimate loss. But this news story reminded me of the mother of the man who stole an army woman's purse at a gas station 2-3 weeks ago. The army woman jumped on the guy fleeing in a car and died. Was the death intentional on the purse-snatchers side? No. But people get no sympathy when they put themselves in these situations. Not even when the mother is pleading the case.

I guarantee all of these officers have seen the videos where too much leniency was given and it cost leo's their lives. Just do what they say, keep it simple and calm, and no one gets hurt. It takes so little brain power to achieve this. If the leo's fuck up constitutionally, they will be owned in court and any evidence collected will be inadmissible.

If the officer is an asshole and there are no witnesses, file a complaint anyways. When the asshole cop does the same thing to someone else and they also file a complaint a red flag will show up on that officer's record and political pressures on the chief/superior will cause action. Especially for the SAPD which has had one f***up cop after another this past year.

panic giraffe
04-29-2010, 01:58 PM
healthy paranoia?

EmptyMan
04-29-2010, 02:01 PM
Hyper-vigilance, pessimistic enough to always expect the worst, cynical...whatever you want to call it.