PDA

View Full Version : Wile E. Coyote: RIP

RandomGuy
04-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Yippie-ki-yay, my friend. Rootin'-est tootin'-est governor in these here states.

http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=308712&d=1261166008

Texas gov. shoots, kills 'wily' coyote during jog

AUSTIN, Texas – Pistol-packing Texas Gov. Rick Perry has a message for wily coyotes out there: Don't mess with my dog.

Perry told The Associated Press on Tuesday he needed just one shot from the laser-sighted pistol he sometimes carries while jogging to take down a coyote that menaced his puppy during a February run near Austin.

Perry said he will carry his .380 Ruger — loaded with hollow-point bullets — when jogging on trails because he is afraid of snakes. He'd also seen coyotes in the undeveloped area.

When one came out of the brush toward his daughter's Labrador retriever, Perry charged.

"Don't attack my dog or you might get shot ... if you're a coyote," he said Tuesday.

Perry, a Republican running for a third full term against Democrat Bill White, is living in a private house in a hilly area southwest of downtown Austin while the Governor's Mansion is being repaired after a 2008 fire. A concealed handgun permit holder, Perry carries the pistol in a belt.

"I knew there were a lot of predators out there. You'll hear a pack of coyotes. People are losing small cats and dogs all the time out there in that community," Perry said.

"They're very wily creatures."

On this particular morning, Perry said, he was jogging without his security detail shortly after sunrise.

"I'm enjoying the run when something catches my eye and it's this coyote. I know he knows I'm there. He never looks at me, he is laser-locked on that dog," Perry said.

"I holler and the coyote stopped. I holler again. By this time I had taken my weapon out and charged it. It is now staring dead at me. Either me or the dog are in imminent danger. I did the appropriate thing and sent it to where coyotes go," he said.

Perry said the laser-pointer helped make a quick, clean kill.

"It was not in a lot of pain," he said. "It pretty much went down at that particular juncture."

Texas state law allows people to shoot coyotes that are threatening livestock or domestic animals. The dog was unharmed, Perry said.

Perry's security detail was not required to file a report about the governor discharging a weapon, said Department of Public Safety spokeswoman Tela Mange.

"People shoot coyotes all the time, snakes all the time," Mange said. "We don't write reports."

The governor left the coyote where it fell.

"He became mulch," Perry said.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-28-2010, 02:34 PM
Super genius.

CuckingFunt
04-28-2010, 02:34 PM
the laser-sighted pistol he sometimes carries while jogging. . .

Perry said he will carry his .380 Ruger — loaded with hollow-point bullets — when jogging on trails because he is afraid of snakes.

Rational.

Sportcamper
04-28-2010, 02:45 PM
Who puts a laser sight on a pocket pistol? :lol

baseline bum
04-28-2010, 02:48 PM

Someone who wants to hit what he shoots at.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-28-2010, 02:49 PM

http://www.outsidecontext.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/terminator.jpg

All the governors have them.

jman3000
04-28-2010, 02:50 PM
If he's afraid of snakes he shoulda just loaded snake charmer rounds.

bus driver
04-28-2010, 02:51 PM
:makemyday :tu

now thats my kind of governor fuck arnold

Sportcamper
04-28-2010, 02:57 PM
Interesting…I have never seen one before…It looks pretty handy…

http://www.kennelson.com/newblog/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/image18.png

RickPerry
04-28-2010, 04:10 PM
Ya all know I aim to please! Thank ya for your support

Duff McCartney
04-28-2010, 04:14 PM
What a fucking redneck.

Spurminator
04-28-2010, 04:23 PM
Wedge issue bait.

Sisk
04-28-2010, 04:41 PM
This is fucking awesome.

Sisk
04-28-2010, 04:42 PM
What a fucking redneck.

Yeah, what kind of dirty ass redneck protects their self and their dog.
:rolleyes

Shaolin-Style
04-28-2010, 04:46 PM
It's not uncommon to find snakes and crap like that on rural trails and shoot them. My grandpa used to do it all the time.

CubanMustGo
04-28-2010, 04:59 PM
More likely this is just a story made up by Guv. Goodhair for his gun-toting supporters. Notice how his security detail just happened to not be there and it supposedly only took a single shot. And, oh yeah, it happened two months ago. Right.

More likely he totally freaked out and starting shooting up the trail, after which the coyote laughed and ran away.

Duff McCartney
04-28-2010, 07:38 PM
Yeah, what kind of dirty ass redneck protects their self and their dog.
:rolleyes

The governor of Texas that's who!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-28-2010, 10:51 PM
What's the point of having a dog that can't protect itself from a single coyote?

BTW, Wile E Coyote was always my favourite WB character. Little did I know it at the time, but he perfectly encapsulates the Sisyphean nature of life.

The Reckoning
04-28-2010, 10:53 PM
yeah right we all know that coyote was threatening to mess up his hair.

CubanSucks
04-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Is this shit made up? Those quotes sound very fake. If he really said all that then that's one big :rolleyes

CubanSucks
04-28-2010, 11:20 PM
"I holler and the coyote stopped. I holler again. By this time I had taken my weapon out and charged it. It is now staring dead at me. Either me or the dog are in imminent danger. I did the appropriate thing and sent it to where coyotes go," he said.

Did everyone skip this little tidbit here? So you CHARGE the animal before it even acts?...mmhmmm

benefactor
04-28-2010, 11:24 PM
What's the point of having a dog that can't protect itself from a single coyote?

BTW, Wile E Coyote was always my favourite WB character. Little did I know it at the time, but he perfectly encapsulates the Sisyphean nature of life.
I will have to disagree....

Rvwh9_HsUmU
-LCsiWL6gn0

balli
04-28-2010, 11:24 PM
That's fucked up. I seriously doubt a coyote would go up of it's way to harass a male human and a dog in an urban setting.

Every animal is worth more than every human; I'd just assume see Perry get gunned down in cold blood by some TX PETA member. Anybody who would murder a canine deserves as much.

Spurminator
04-28-2010, 11:36 PM
Wedge issue bait.

What a fucking redneck.

That's fucked up. I seriously doubt a coyote would go up of it's way to harass a male human and a dog in an urban setting.

Every animal is worth more than every human; I'd just assume see Perry get gunned down in cold blood by some TX PETA member. Anybody who would murder a canine deserves as much.

Took the bait...

CubanSucks
04-29-2010, 12:35 AM
Every animal is worth more than every human

You're not one of those people are you

boutons_deux
04-29-2010, 05:02 AM
This kind of stunt is an insult to intelligent people, but TX is full of ignorant, paranoid dumbfuck losers.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-29-2010, 07:06 AM
I will have to disagree....

Fair enough. Sure the dog understands the Myth of Sisyphus, but how many times did Wile E fall off that cliff or get crushed by a rock? :lol

To both of their credit though, they keep on trying to escape their lot even though deep down they know that they never will, and I think that's a lesson for all of us - hope springs eternal, even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary! :lmao

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-29-2010, 07:20 AM
This kind of stunt is an insult to intelligent people, but TX is full of ignorant, paranoid dumbfuck losers.

Actually, I think it comes down to an idea that has recently pervaded modern, urbanised society but was first perpetuated by the US Government and The Church back in the 1800s: Manifest Destiny. This is essentially the idea that human beings are all-powerful and deserving of ownership of and control over everything on the planet, rather than as a part of the planet's grand system and stewards of the earth for future generations. Manifest Destiny completely ignores the understanding that everything on the planet, including humans, is part of one massive, intricately interconnected system, and that if we abuse that system too much the fallout will be on us and everything else.

Because most of us urbanised westerners live in sterile environments unconnected to the natural resources which provide EVERYTHING we rely on and that makes our lives easy and luxurious, and out of view of the land and water we pollute through our excessive consumption, most of us still view the earth as people did 100 years ago: as an infinite sink for our pollution, and full of materials and energy resources that never deplete. This is, of course, complete and utter ignorance of the reality of a finite and utterly interconnected planet of 7 billion human beings, each of which is inexorably increasing their consumption and production of pollution.

In other words, fuck the coyote, I own it so I can shoot it if I want to.

Personally, I would have considered killing that particular coytote a reasonable action if it was a threat. From the story, it appears that Perry easily feels threatened.

CubanMustGo
04-29-2010, 07:41 AM
From the story, it appears that Perry easily feels threatened.

Yeah, Bill White better hope he doesn't meet Perry while he's walking his dog.

benefactor
04-29-2010, 07:44 AM
If it was me, I'd probably fire a warning shot before actually killing it.

Mark in Austin
04-29-2010, 12:15 PM
If it was me, I'd probably fire a warning shot before actually killing it.

Why do you hate America?

The Reckoning
04-29-2010, 12:24 PM
a real texan would of had his dog pin down the coyote while the texan reached in his back pocket for his bowie knife to slit the coyote's throat. after slitting its throat, he'd skin it right there and take the hide home where he'd sit on his front porch with an ice chest full of loan star while tanning his new rug.