PDA

View Full Version : So I watched the game at BWW last night

Biggems
04-28-2010, 08:43 PM
at the Legacy Shopping Center....and as my bro and I were sitting at our table, we saw an older fella walk by who looked quite familiar. Both of us were wondering if that was Dan Hughes of the Silver Stars. It was. Well it seemed like he and his family was waiting on a table, so after a short bit, we asked our waitress if they cared to join our table. Well, we didn't expect him to even think anything of it....but then, he came over and sat down for a few minutes and we talked some Silver Stars and Spurs basketball. Then he got up and went to the bar and we continued to watch the game. As he was leaving the bar, I remembered a question I wanted to ask him about why they picked who they picked in the 3rd instead of Raven from UT. Well we ended up discussing the draft, Becky Hammon's hair color, Erin, Crossley, Tina Thompson, and the gal we took in the 2nd round. I usually dont bother celebrities when they are out and about, especially with their family, but this time, I am glad I did.

It was pretty darn cool, and he is absolutely down to earth. I also learned some things about the Silver Stars I didn't know.

The only damper on the evening was the pathetic display of basketball offered up by our boys in silver and black.

Shastafarian
04-28-2010, 08:45 PM
at the Legacy Shopping Center....and as my bro and I were sitting at our table, we saw an older fella walk by who looked quite familiar. Both of us were wondering if that was Dan Hughes of the Silver Stars. It was. Well it seemed like he and his family was waiting on a table, so after a short bit, we asked our waitress if they cared to join our table. Well, we didn't expect him to even think anything of it....but then, he came over and sat down for a few minutes and we talked some Silver Stars and Spurs basketball. Then he got up and went to the bar and we continued to watch the game. As he was leaving the bar, I remembered a question I wanted to ask him about why they picked who they picked in the 3rd instead of Raven from UT. Well we ended up discussing the draft, Becky Hammon's hair color, Erin, Crossley, Tina Thompson, and the gal we took in the 2nd round. I usually dont bother celebrities when they are out and about, especially with their family, but this time, I am glad I did.

It was pretty darn cool, and he is absolutely down to earth. I also learned some things about the Silver Stars I didn't know.

The only damper on the evening was the pathetic display of basketball offered up by our boys in silver and black.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u115/rcbaker87/Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

spursfan09
04-28-2010, 08:47 PM
Yeah I'm not even too sure how he is associated with the Silver stars

spurastic
04-28-2010, 08:49 PM
Nice interaction! I like Dan Hughes. Spoke to him once at a Silver Stars TOG and he was charming and very down to earth. Good guy.

Biggems
04-28-2010, 08:58 PM
Yeah I'm not even too sure how he is associated with the Silver stars

He was the head coach the last several seasons, but moved up to GM. The short gal with the long black hair is now the head coach.

DesignatedT
04-28-2010, 09:02 PM
:lol the not sure if serious pic

E-RockWill
04-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Dan Hughes is as nice as they come.

Kool Bob Love
04-28-2010, 10:05 PM
http://cdn1.knowyourmeme.com/i/3374/original/Cool_story_bro_.jpg

stxspurs
04-28-2010, 11:04 PM
lmao talking wnba draft

Biggems
04-29-2010, 08:09 AM
lmao talking wnba draft

sorry that some of us actually enjoy discussing women.

TheChillFactor
04-29-2010, 10:04 AM
This thread fucking delivers!