PDA

View Full Version : classless or no?

Phillip
04-29-2010, 09:12 AM
reports say that a radio show host in San Antonio has made a bunch of posters with Cristal Taylor's mugshot on them for fans to be holding up behind the baskets and around the stadium to mess with Dirk.

Posters of Spurstalk... do you feel this is going a little too far, to intrude on someone's personal life and use it against them in a game? Or should this just be viewed as being good-natured humor?

Findog
04-29-2010, 09:13 AM
Bad mojo to do something like that. You don't want to mess with the karma gods.

Phillip
04-29-2010, 09:15 AM
Bad mojo to do something like that. You don't want to mess with the karma gods.

Yeah, I wonder how Dirk will respond if this happens. Will he just do his thing, or will he unleash his inner beast and go off for 50, like after Tim Thomas blew the kiss of death (or life?) at him?

Fpoonsie
04-29-2010, 09:16 AM
They talked about doing this a few days ago (Gm 3 or 4, can't remember), and nothing ever came of it.

I doubt anything comes of it THIS time around. I agree w/ Fin, though. As illogical as it may be, I'm a firm believer in bad bball juju. And, hell, if nothing else, it may only serve to further fire Dirk up...which would be foolish.

Giuseppe
04-29-2010, 09:20 AM
Cesspool getting filled.

doobs
04-29-2010, 09:20 AM
If Dirk had a retarded kid and the fans were making signs ridiculing that, then that would be classless. But it's Dirk's own dumb ass who got taken by Cornelius from Planet of the Apes. It's fair game.

John Terry
04-29-2010, 09:21 AM
You have the power to make your own choices what to see and others not. I'm sure such naughts never work against someone who has a persistent heart and who isn't a well famed choker, but...

Giuseppe
04-29-2010, 09:23 AM
Just Texans reverting to form.

Charles Whitman
Lee Harvey Oswald
Spurs fans

z0sa
04-29-2010, 09:23 AM
If you're a wimp

Phillip
04-29-2010, 09:24 AM
They talked about doing this a few days ago (Gm 3 or 4, can't remember), and nothing ever came of it.

I doubt anything comes of it THIS time around. I agree w/ Fin, though. As illogical as it may be, I'm a firm believer in bad bball juju. And, hell, if nothing else, it may only serve to further fire Dirk up...which would be foolish.

I heard they tried doing it the other night but Mark Followill talked him out of it, but that he is gonna try to do it again tonight.

TheManFromAcme
04-29-2010, 09:29 AM

Charles Whitman
Lee Harvey Oswald
Spurs fans

:lol

- Richard Ramirez (the night stalker)
- The boys from Jasper, Texas

But hey, "G" we have our own in Cali also,

-Charles Manson
- Sirhan-Sirhan

Giuseppe
04-29-2010, 09:34 AM
- Dianne Feinsten

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-29-2010, 09:53 AM

- Richard Ramirez (the night stalker)
- The boys from Jasper, Texas

But hey, "G" we have our own in Cali also,

-Charles Manson
- Sirhan-Sirhan

I'm pretty sure Richard Ramirez committed all of his crimes in Cali.

If you wanna talk about crazy people from Texas, don't forget Andrea Yates, the woman who drowned her 5 kids, lied about her kids deaths countless amounts of times in an attempt to cover it up, and then eventually went with the good old, "JESUS TOLD ME TO KILL MY KIDS!" insanity plea. I just don't get how the question why would she try so hard to cover something up when she was committing the act in the name of Jesus? If Jesus told me to do something, I'd let the world know!

nkdlunch
04-29-2010, 09:55 AM
reports say that a radio show host in San Antonio has made a bunch of posters with Cristal Taylor's mugshot on them for fans to be holding up behind the baskets and around the stadium to mess with Dirk.

Posters of Spurstalk... do you feel this is going a little too far, to intrude on someone's personal life and use it against them in a game? Or should this just be viewed as being good-natured humor?

:lmao

that is funny as shit. mavfans uptight as hell

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-29-2010, 09:56 AM
And as for the OP, meh. Maybe it takes things over board but a few years ago some shirt company in Maryland made shirts for Maryland students to wear to the Maryland Duke game that said "I'm gonna name my son JJ Redick" on the front and said, "And beat him everyday" on the back. This isn't as bad as that.

Giuseppe
04-29-2010, 09:57 AM
We ain't immune here in AZ., Duncan. Mr. & Mrs. Duncan spawned from their fertile loins...you.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-29-2010, 09:59 AM
We ain't immune here in AZ., Duncan. Mr. & Mrs. Duncan spawned from their fertile loins...you.

:lmao where do you come up with this shit?

Phillip
04-29-2010, 10:00 AM
:lmao

that is funny as shit. mavfans uptight as hell

personally, i don't think its really a bright idea, or something that i would encourage if it were flipped the other way and Tim Duncan was the one being harrassed about it, but i dont think its something thats absolutely ridiculously classless either. especially since its in the past. there are worse things people can do. honestly, i hope the spurs fans do this, so that Dirk goes off like he did in game 1.

Giuseppe
04-29-2010, 10:07 AM
if it were flipped the other way and Tim Duncan was the one being harrassed about it

Can ya imagine it? It would definitely trump the child molestation thingy, that's for darn sure.

chichi!gettheyeyo
04-29-2010, 10:19 AM
Look at that: a junkie... Dirk's got a junkie for a wife... Her womb is so polluted... He can't even have a fucking little baby with her!

rjv
04-29-2010, 10:30 AM
pretty tacky and pointless. the guy has been shooting almost 99% from the line over the past month or so. is this really going to bother him? and in the process, the fans just come off as looking sophomoric.

Spurstro
04-29-2010, 10:31 AM
That was Mike Taylor wayy back in game 3. he couldn't get anyone to play along.

Yep....someone called in and said it was classless and they shouldn't do it. He agreed that it was classless but he wanted to do it anyways.

I thought he would have received word to drop it, but I didn't know he was still talking about doing it for tonight.

nkdlunch
04-29-2010, 10:31 AM
pretty tacky and pointless. the guy has been shooting almost 99% from the line over the past month or so. is this really going to bother him? and in the process, the fans just come off as looking sophomoric.

^ Bingo

if anything print a poster of Brenda and Ericka in drag

MaNu4Tres
04-29-2010, 10:37 AM
^ Bingo

if anything print a poster of Brenda and Ericka in drag

Another brilliant idea :tu

SomeCallMeTim
04-29-2010, 10:50 AM
This would be the very definition of "classless."

As such, I would be shocked and disappointed if it happens... my mental picture of Spur fans is a pretty classy bunch. Don't let me down, SA.

This is likely 98% radio hype look-at-me posturing anyway.

duhoh
04-29-2010, 11:02 AM
This would be the very definition of "classless."

As such, I would be shocked and disappointed if it happens... my mental picture of Spur fans is a pretty classy bunch. Don't let me down, SA.

This is likely 98% radio hype look-at-me posturing anyway.

not the majority of the fans.

the franchise sure.

i think it's an unnecessary movement by the fans. don't think it'll make that much of a difference.

kinda reminds me of that guy who had a pin-up doll with a rape caption when kobe was at the stripe a few years back.

Cane
04-29-2010, 11:03 AM
It would distract the Spurs since no one wants to see that ugly mug anyway.

And considering that the Mavs stadium plays Nelson from The Simpsons : "HA HA!" after every turnover....fuck the ponies! Their owner is the kind of guy that will tell a NBA player's mom that her son is a thug and Najera is trying to injure our players..

So there's no limit now ;)

BTW OP, your South Park avatar is "classless" :downspin:

Giuseppe
04-29-2010, 11:05 AM
kinda reminds me of that guy who had a pin-up doll with a rape caption when kobe was at the stripe a few years back.

I think that was Sook when the Lakers were in Houston.

antgomez2009
04-29-2010, 11:20 AM
Classless is punching your former teamate where the Sun dont shine!
Classless is having a guy named Najera trying to literally take out the opposite team star by brute force!
Classless is not respecting your oppnents!
Classless is saying " I hate the Spurs"! when we all know the Spurs lead the league in classy players and staff!
Classless is Mark Cuban!!!!!!!!

But hey who cares its the playoffs!!!!!!!!

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2:

Classless is not when you use something against another team that was displayed publicly!!!!!

Crystal Nowitzki, Najera, the Jet (Ran by terrorist) and Mark Cuban.... We love you!!!!!!:lmao

Giuseppe
04-29-2010, 11:27 AM
Ant, gettin' his rationalizing on.

Yer adorable.

JoeTait75
04-29-2010, 11:33 AM

Charles Whitman
Lee Harvey Oswald
Spurs fans

Don't forget Dean Corll and Elmer Wayne Henley, Cully.

Trainwreck2100
04-29-2010, 11:36 AM

Charles Whitman
Lee Harvey Oswald
Spurs fans

lol north texas white folk

we south texas messican

Trainwreck2100
04-29-2010, 11:37 AM
Also of course Mike Taylor wants us to do that, he's a Mav fan anyway.

picc84
04-29-2010, 12:23 PM
Just the Dirk fans of San Antonio.

EmptyMan
04-29-2010, 12:47 PM
Yes it is classless.

Do I care? No.

lol @ feeling bad because some individuals living within 50 miles of you do something classless and you somehow believe that represents you or your "community."

PDXSpursFan
04-29-2010, 01:08 PM
classless? maybe. But it doesn't matter - it won't affect result of the game. These are 2 veteran teams.

boston.balla
04-29-2010, 01:13 PM
look for a fired up dirk and a mav win.

easy7
04-29-2010, 01:18 PM
Yep, Mike Taylor, who predicted the Mavs will win in 5, that's a Spurs fan for you. He is from Fort Worth and does nothing but diss the Spurs on a daily basis. He thinks people here care more about the Cowboys than they do the Spurs. He might be in San Antonio, but he is still a Dallas fan, so be carefull where you thread, you might be calling one of your own tasteless.

jdev82
04-29-2010, 06:25 PM
If Dirk had a retarded kid and the fans were making signs ridiculing that, then that would be classless. But it's Dirk's own dumb ass who got taken by Cornelius from Planet of the Apes. It's fair game.

HAHAHA cornelius

badfish22
04-29-2010, 06:43 PM
I hope they do it tbh. Last time he was "distracted" by Taylor he raped the nuggets a new asshole. Also, Tim Thomas knows that if you fire him up he could do this
4Vy0kI4SMvo