PDA

View Full Version : Is it wrong....

bus driver
04-29-2010, 05:00 PM
to hit the car parked next to you if they parked to close to your car?

the other day i opened the car door fast and dented to car because the car parked too close. also the car was parked jacked up almost diagonally in the spot. my girl got all mad cause i hit the car. i figure next time they will park right....

CosmicCowboy
04-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Sounds like they were there first, so you parked too close to them. If your car won't fit in the fucking space don't park there.

Sisk
04-29-2010, 05:06 PM
I hate people that park with complete disregard to everyone else

You should do that every time, as far as I'm concerned

I've only left a note on a car once but I'd like to start doing it more often

florige
04-29-2010, 05:07 PM
You should have left your number and insurance info on the windshield. Thats why I park my car far away if I can. I just take the walk.

Sisk
Sounds like they were there first, so you parked too close to them. If your car won't fit in the fucking space don't park there.

So since they fucking suck at parking we should all adjust to their lack of driving/parking skills?

Fuck that.

Creepn
It depends on the parking spot imo. If there are nothing but compact parking spaces then don't blame the guy for parking too close. But if he just did a horrible job parking in a reasonable size lot, then ya he deserves a ding.

florige
I hate people that park with complete disregard to everyone else

You should do that every time, as far as I'm concerned

Damn how often do you damage people's vehicles?

Sisk
04-29-2010, 05:13 PM
Never. Been in one minor accident with 0 damage (knock on wood).

Been hit and run once while my car was parked, no note left. Someone hit my parked car behind the place I used to work, and they actually left a note.

I just don't have regard for people who can't drive - which seems to be the majority of people.

Creepn
04-29-2010, 05:14 PM

Ya I've done the note thing. This freakin girl always took TWO parking spots at my old apartment complex in Austin and the extra spot she took was the last open spot around my complex. I had to park waaay in the back a couple of times. Pissed me the fuck off.

I wrote her a nasty letter and she started parking her car in the back. I guess she thought I'd break her windows....

CuckingFunt
04-29-2010, 05:22 PM
So since they fucking suck at parking we should all adjust to their lack of driving/parking skills?

Fuck that.

If you see someone who parked like a crackhead, why would you want to be anywhere near them? That's just asking for trouble.

If I have to park close to someone who was parked before I got there (unavoidable sometimes, including at my apartment building) I try my very, very hardest not to bump their car with my door. If I absolutely have to in order to have enough room to get my stuff out, I'll very gently rest my door on their car for only a second or two so as to avoid denting or dinging their car. Just common courtesy if they were there first.

If someone parks too close to me after I was there first, however, I still try to avoid specifically damaging their car, but I'm decidedly less careful about it. For example, had a person a few months ago park literally about one inch (at the closest) from my passenger side in my apartment parking lot. Because of how crooked they parked, I had to cut my wheels to make it around their back end, but in doing so my car became literally wedged against theirs. Nothing I could do but scrape my way out of my parking spot, leaving a nice line of red paint on their car. Too bad for them.

Creepn
04-29-2010, 05:45 PM
If I absolutely have to in order to have enough room to get my stuff out, I'll very gently rest my door on their car for only a second or two so as to avoid denting or dinging their car. Just common courtesy if they were there first.

I'd be careful with that because if I see somebody resting their door on my car, I would immediately assume that he/she dinged my car. A confrontation could arise with someone else who thinks likewise.

The way I do it is if I have stuff that I need to take out, I would park the car halfway out so I can swing the door wide open, take the stuff out then park the car all the way in.

Pero
04-29-2010, 06:02 PM
Because of how crooked they parked, I had to cut my wheels to make it around their back end, but in doing so my car became literally wedged against theirs.

What does that mean?

CuckingFunt
04-29-2010, 06:14 PM
What does that mean?

Turn my wheels so that I would back out at an angle.

Pero
04-29-2010, 06:29 PM
Turn my wheels so that I would back out at an angle.

Ah, got it, thanks. :)

Frenzy
04-29-2010, 10:18 PM
They park to close...the car gets keyed.

florige
04-29-2010, 10:31 PM
Never. Been in one minor accident with 0 damage (knock on wood).

Been hit and run once while my car was parked, no note left. Someone hit my parked car behind the place I used to work, and they actually left a note.

I just don't have regard for people who can't drive - which seems to be the majority of people.

On my Galant I got hit three times while my car was parked. The one was a huge ass dent on the drivers side rear while I was in 7-11. I don't know how the hell that idiot managed to do that. But he kept on going. Witnesses said it was this group of kids who I guess had no idea wtf they were doing driving. The second one I am pretty sure when it happened, but I didn't notice it right away until I was getting gas one day and saw paint chipping off and I saw a dent. My advice is this, if you go to a club, or a place where they serve drinks and you are concerned about the well-being of your car, my advice to you would be to park somewhere far and just walk. Alot of the calls I get on the weekends are about people's vehicles who have been hit and people just keep going. Sometimes they are just dings, and sometimes people's entire bumper will be knocked off. People come out the club/bar so damn drunk half the time they don't remember wtf.

Strike
04-29-2010, 11:11 PM

Fuck that.

This.

We give idiots too much freedom to be idiots. Anytime I see some douchebag's big ass SUV or truck parked in a spot clearly marked COMPACT, I take a moment and write "NOT A COMPACT" in the dirt, right on the driver's door.

mrsmaalox
04-30-2010, 12:50 PM
Man what a bunch of bitches :lol

I just don't think I could knowingly damage someone else's property, unless my life was in danger. But certainly not for my convenience or a parking infraction.....

FatBeaner
04-30-2010, 12:59 PM
i drive a dented up car and i don't have to worry about shit like this.

all that said, no, i'm not an asshole, so i don't go out of my way to 'teach people a lesson' if they park too close or whatnot...

i've hit others doors before with mine, but never with ill intent...

and sometimes a person is parked fucked up because they had to park next to someone who was parked fucked up. then the original person leaves and they look like the douche...

bottom line is to just be courteous, got damn...and if you have a nice ride, park between the lines and away from shitty cars with owners that won't give a damn...:lol

The Gemini Method
04-30-2010, 01:01 PM
I normally park away from most people. It's just easier that way in the long run...

bus driver
04-30-2010, 01:38 PM

actually i was there first, they parked their car like they were in a rush to get somewhere. if the car would have parked correctly then there would have been room on my side and the other side. so picture two cars parked correctly and the middle car parking slanted like this, |\|
this is how they literally parked.

oklahomasuckstexas
04-30-2010, 02:17 PM
Key it, hit it, fuck the shitty drivers/parkers

timvpimp
05-01-2010, 04:38 AM
to hit the car parked next to you if they parked to close to your car?

the other day i opened the car door fast and dented to car because the car parked too close. also the car was parked jacked up almost diagonally in the spot. my girl got all mad cause i hit the car. i figure next time they will park right....

It's the fault of the parked car's owner to park his/her car too close to yours IMHO. The defender gets the call if he rushes into the collision without giving the slasher any room even if he doesn't "commit" a foul, to get it exemplified with NBA games. Who gets in first is free from fault.

EmptyMan
05-01-2010, 05:12 AM
Nope, it's fair game.

jcrod
05-01-2010, 07:23 AM
Man what a bunch of bitches :lol

I just don't think I could knowingly damage someone else's property, unless my life was in danger. But certainly not for my convenience or a parking infraction.....

This.

cornbread
05-01-2010, 02:02 PM
It is completely acceptable to dent the cars of people who think they need to take 2 spaces.