PDA

View Full Version : My condolences Mav fans

LnGrrrR
04-29-2010, 09:39 PM
I was really impressed by the grit it took to come back... and Dirk was a machine out there.

Sadly, no one else seemingly cared to win besides Dirk and Roddy. Carlisle sure didn't want to win... playing Terry, Damp, JJ Barea and other useless players after they'd shown their ineffectiveness throughout the series.

Even the decent players when they were on the floor in the fourth had a few possession where they were content to just let Dirk do all the work, standing there like statues.

*sigh*

I was really looking forward to a Game 7 too.

BlackSwordsMan
04-29-2010, 09:40 PM
lebron on the mavs next year

NBAfan83
04-29-2010, 09:43 PM
Watching Mav's offensive scheme vs a superior defense was incredibly hard to watch.

sook
04-29-2010, 09:43 PM
I feel so fucking bad for dirk. Dude did EVERYTHING possible. He deserves better tbh

Giuseppe
04-29-2010, 10:05 PM
At least he made the playoffs, sookie. You ate the shit sandwich early, asshole.

picc84
04-29-2010, 10:11 PM
I feel so fucking bad for dirk. Dude did EVERYTHING possible. He deserves better tbh

Except defend and rebound.

The knock on Dirk has never been on his offense. Its that he's one-dimensional. This game/series did little to dispel that myth, as great as I acknowledge he is.

Cry Havoc
04-29-2010, 10:14 PM
LnG, where do you rank Dirk on the "Greatest shooters of all-time" list?

He's got to be WAY up there. The guy just never misses that 15-20 foot shot. EVER.

badfish22
04-29-2010, 10:16 PM

Hes used to it

sribb43
04-29-2010, 10:17 PM
God Bless You...

FkLA
04-29-2010, 10:17 PM
Except defend and rebound.

The knock on Dirk has never been on his offense. Its that he's one-dimensional. This game/series did little to dispel that myth, as great as I acknowledge he is.

You got to question his mental toughness as well. Guy played out of his mind in the 2nd half but people are forgetting how ridiculously stupid his 3rd and 4th fouls were. When the Mavs were getting killed and they needed him he was on the bench, the run to cut it to 13 and the momentum gain at the end of the 1st half was done without Dirk.

LnGrrrR
04-29-2010, 10:35 PM
LnG, where do you rank Dirk on the "Greatest shooters of all-time" list?

He's got to be WAY up there. The guy just never misses that 15-20 foot shot. EVER.

Greatest pure shooter? Geez... Top Ten maybe? I mean, he was a machine this series. Automatic.

Let's see... off the top of my head right now, I'd put Bird, Rayray and Reggie Miller above him.

I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting, but not many.

spursfan1000
04-29-2010, 10:37 PM
I feel sorry for Dirk also he did everything you could ask for him but only 3 players showed up tonight for the Mavs...Dirk Beaubosis n Butler.

dallaskd
04-29-2010, 11:08 PM
lebron on the mavs next year

As rediculous as that sounds, Dallas has as good as trading pieces as anyone of the league. If Cleveland doesnt win the title and the cavs FO knows he will walk away they might as well sign and trade him. If Cuban wants he has alot to offer. (Roddy, Marion, Butler, Haywood, Terry, Damp's contract)

Biggems
04-29-2010, 11:14 PM
I was really impressed by the grit it took to come back... and Dirk was a machine out there.

Sadly, no one else seemingly cared to win besides Dirk and Roddy. Carlisle sure didn't want to win... playing Terry, Damp, JJ Barea and other useless players after they'd shown their ineffectiveness throughout the series.

Even the decent players when they were on the floor in the fourth had a few possession where they were content to just let Dirk do all the work, standing there like statues.

*sigh*

no mention of Butler?

sribb43
04-29-2010, 11:15 PM
As rediculous as that sounds, Dallas has as good as trading pieces as anyone of the league. If Cleveland doesnt win the title and the cavs FO knows he will walk away they might as well sign and trade him. If Cuban wants he has alot to offer. (Roddy, Marion, Butler, Haywood, Terry, Damp's contract)

Only parts any team would want are Damp Butler and Roddy. Marion and Jet's contracts are too long and age is a factor too

LnGrrrR
04-30-2010, 02:47 AM
no mention of Butler?

Good catch; Butler was trying hard out there too.

Giuseppe
04-30-2010, 02:49 AM
Ln, still running to & fro looking for his pacifier.

Christ, tip this Boston/Cleveland tilt already so Ln can find some peace. There are just so many asses for him to kiss.

LnGrrrR
04-30-2010, 03:05 AM
Ln, still running to & fro looking for his pacifier.

Christ, tip this Boston/Cleveland tilt already so Ln can find some peace. There are just so many asses for him to kiss.

Don't even joke about losing a pacifier... that's just not funny. :lol I get little sleep as is...

Giuseppe
04-30-2010, 03:10 AM
Ln= starring in "The Man with a Thousand Friends"

MateoNeygro
04-30-2010, 03:17 AM

are you high? I Laughed when I read this. The Dallas Mavericks have no shot in hell at getting LeBron, whether the Cavs win the title or not. Dallas won't land any big name superstar in free agency. Hell they should worry about keeping Dirk.

Giuseppe
04-30-2010, 03:20 AM
are you high? I Laughed when I read this. The Dallas Mavericks have no shot in hell at getting LeBron, whether the Cavs win the title or not. Dallas won't land any big name superstar in free agency. Hell they should worry about keeping Dirk.

Pssst, Mateo, sweetheart, yer playin' the Suns now.

C'mon, straighten up!

RandomGuy
04-30-2010, 09:57 AM

*sigh*

My condolences as well.

Now it is on to diappoint Suns fans. buwahahaha.. ahem.