PDA

View Full Version : Props to the Spurs, Mono and Hollinger, and Goodbye for Now

Findog
04-29-2010, 09:39 PM
First, I'd like to congratulate the Spurs and their fans on winning this series. You were the better team and deserved to win. Good luck in the later rounds. I know you will enjoy having the bragging rights back after getting the revenge that you've sought for so long. Your team is better and wanted it more. There's a lot of good-natured shit-talking, so I'll say a few good things about the Spurs for once. I wish we had a two-guard that has Manu's willingness to attack the basket, along with his fearlessness and heart. The only thing I dislike about Manu Ginobili is the uniform he wears. His game is a joy to watch and he is a warrior and a winner. I wish we had a coach like Pop that knows how to get the best out of his players and always takes the long view instead of the short view. I think Mark Cuban is a fantastic owner, but as a fan, he's a jackass. I cringe at his antics and think he has instilled too much of an excuses-making mentality. Winning 50 games every year and making the playoffs is nice, since I remember the nineties, but I think the Mavericks organization as a whole needs to adopt a more humble persona, and that should start with Cuban.

Also, props to monosylab1k for calling this series and having a better read on how this team would perform in the playoffs than I did. Mono, you were right that the Spurs would take this in 6, but you were wrong to question the character and heart of our boys in blue. I just wish that they had played four quarters tonight instead of not showing up until six minutes before halftime.

The only other thing I'll say when people make fun of being a Mavericks fan, the empty trophy case, "choking" this and "soft" that, is that I've bled blue and green since I was a 9-year-old boy in 1988, and I'll always stick by them thick and thin. Basketball is one of the outlets that I have to cling on to. Playing basketball, watching basketball, eating, drinking, sleeping and breathing basketball has gotten me through a lot. Aside from not getting to see my team win a title, it really sucks to not have a game to look forward to after a long day of work, or taking my mind off other more serious things. I can deal with the jokes and the trash talking when I know there's games to look forward to starting in November.

As part of my bet with mono, I'll refrain from posting until the Spurs are eliminated from the playoffs or the end of the Finals, whichever comes first. Take Care Spurstalk.

ezau
04-29-2010, 09:42 PM
First, I'd like to congratulate the Spurs and their fans on winning this series. You were the better team and deserved to win. Good luck in the later rounds. I know you will enjoy having the bragging rights back after getting the revenge that you've sought for so long. Your team is better and wanted it more. There's a lot of good-natured shit-talking, so I'll say a few good things about the Spurs for once. I wish we had a two-guard that has Manu's willingness to attack the basket, along with his fearlessness and heart. The only thing I dislike about Manu Ginobili is the uniform he wears. His game is a joy to watch and he is a warrior and a winner. I wish we had a coach like Pop that knows how to get the best out of his players and always takes the long view instead of the short view. I think Mark Cuban is a fantastic owner, but as a fan, he's a jackass. I cringe at his antics and think he has instilled too much of an excuses-making mentality. Winning 50 games every year and making the playoffs is nice, since I remember the nineties, but I think the Mavericks organization as a whole needs to adopt a more humble persona, and that should start with Cuban.

Also, props to monosylab1k for calling this series and having a better read on how this team would perform in the playoffs than I did. Mono, you were right that the Spurs would take this in 6, but you were wrong to question the character and heart of our boys in blue. I just wish that they had played four quarters tonight instead of not showing up until six minutes before halftime.

The only other thing I'll say when people make fun of being a Mavericks fan, the empty trophy case, "choking" this and "soft" that, is that I've bled blue and green since I was a 9-year-old boy in 1988, and I'll always stick by them thick and thin. Basketball is one of the outlets that I have to cling on to. Playing basketball, watching basketball, eating, drinking, sleeping and breathing basketball has gotten me through a lot. Aside from not getting to see my team win a title, it really sucks to not have a game to look forward to after a long day of work, or taking my mind off other more serious things. I can deal with the jokes and the trash talking when I know there's games to look forward to starting in November.

As part of my bet with mono, I'll refrain from posting until the Spurs are eliminated from the playoffs or the end of the Finals, whichever comes first. Take Care Spurstalk.

4-2 bitch

ShoogarBear
:tu

(Hope Carlisle comes back.) :D

LnGrrrR
Go get drunk and get laid Findog, you guys deserve it after that rollercoaster.

resistanze
Brought a tear to my motherfucking eye.

Enjoy the time off and that Double Down sandwich.

DAF86
04-29-2010, 09:43 PM
Thanks Findog, the Mavs showed a lot of heart tonight. And Dirk proved once again that his "choker" reputation is bullshit.

Come_On_Now
04-29-2010, 09:43 PM
Indeed, Congratulations Spurs fans on a great series. Hill has absolutely blown my mind and ya'll should be so proud. Good luck in the second round! :toast

Dex
04-29-2010, 09:45 PM
lol comeuppance

Until next time, Findog. :tu

gaKNOW!blee
04-29-2010, 09:47 PM
4-2, faggot.

dirk4mvp
Do you want to borrow a troll?

picc84
Enjoy the double-down.

z0sa
04-29-2010, 09:53 PM
Mavs were so scary. Spurs are lucky to escape this round in 6. You shouldn't go anywhere, either

ezau
04-29-2010, 09:55 PM
Do you want to borrow a troll?

4-2, bitch. Now go find a fishing rod because vacation time's going to be really loooooooooooooooooong

ffadicted
04-29-2010, 09:56 PM
prawps brah, prawps dirk, prawps boys in blue, and prawps for jim carey for giving us this series

Killakobe81
04-29-2010, 09:56 PM
I must say Findog and Mono were classy in defeat ...props

florige
04-29-2010, 10:01 PM
I always hate playing the Mavs because they have so many damn scoring options. And Dirk always seems to turn into Jordan when he plays us. Good series! Enjoy your KFC treat.

Danny.Zhu
04-29-2010, 10:01 PM
No doubt Mavs will get better next season. And Dirk of course still has 3-4 years to get a ring.

FkLA
04-29-2010, 10:07 PM
Good series and classy thread Fin. See you in June.

DAF86
04-29-2010, 10:07 PM
I must say Findog and Mono were classy in defeat ...props

Agreed, although I must say that beign classy when you lose is a lot easier than beign classy when you win, Lakaluva is a fucking dandy when the Lakers lose.

AnthonyM
04-29-2010, 10:09 PM
crofl mavs

benefactor
04-29-2010, 10:15 PM
Very eloquent. As someone that has to live around a lot of douchebag Mavs fans, it's refreshing to come here and have one of the best Mav fans I know be a part of this community.

Cheers Findog. :toast

TampaDude
04-29-2010, 10:16 PM
Enjoy that Double Down and/or that Famous Bowl, Findog...see you next time... :toast

NewJerSpur
04-29-2010, 11:14 PM
Great series, classy post Findog. You can always hop on the Magic bandwagon like I do in the event that the Spurs lose....hopefully they both meet in the Finals.

SpursRulez4eVeR
04-29-2010, 11:19 PM
so long, son.

FTM.

duhoh
04-29-2010, 11:32 PM
good series mavs. easily the best basketball from a competitive standpoint from the 1st round

Cry Havoc
04-29-2010, 11:34 PM
Well played Findog.

Will you at least post once to let us know how the Double Down tastes?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-29-2010, 11:35 PM
4-2 bitch

Hi Omar!

ezau
04-30-2010, 12:25 AM
Hi Omar!

I'm looking at you DOK, if your team wraps everything up against the Blazers, the Suns have to be ready for another royal ass-kicking from the Spurs:toast

jag
04-30-2010, 12:30 AM
Spurs fan can't put Findog on blast for anything...dude is a solid poster and a true fan.

Shank
04-30-2010, 12:48 AM
They'll find a way, I'm sure.

lurker
04-30-2010, 12:51 AM
Damn, I hate when good posters get taken out by bad bets. :depressed

Trainwreck2100
04-30-2010, 12:52 AM
Damn, I hate when good posters get taken out by bad bets. :depressed

never bet on your own team

Blake
04-30-2010, 12:55 AM

so you'll be gone a whole month?

Fpoonsie
04-30-2010, 01:47 AM
Dude, don't leave. Can't you, mono, ghazi, badfish, rogue, mavs>spurs and stretch simply team up to kick Mavs_man, Amarelooms and mouse out?

jag
04-30-2010, 01:52 AM
Mouse isn't a mavs fan.

Fpoonsie
04-30-2010, 01:54 AM
Mouse isn't a mavs fan.

So I've heard; however, he's STILL obnoxious as all hell while CLAIMING the Mavs.

leemajors
04-30-2010, 08:44 AM
Come back early, it's customary for ST bets.

phyzik
04-30-2010, 08:50 AM
Eat it!!!

http://sweettater.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/kfc-doubledown4.jpg

lefty
04-30-2010, 09:04 AM
Nice post Findog :tu

I was scared when we drew the Mavs, they have been the pain in my ass (now that's some material for Lakaluva's next tweet) for so many years

DPG21920
04-30-2010, 10:02 AM
Mono, mono, mono