PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on our beloved Mavs tonight

Ghazi
04-29-2010, 09:40 PM
A disappointing end to the season for our boy. We showed great resiliency in this game but moral victories are irrelevant.

:tu to Dirk/Butler/Beaubois for their valiant efforts tonight.

We dug ourselves in too big a hole. I believe that stint with Barea/Najera really screwed us early in the game.

We made our rally, but the Spurs hit some tough shots and maintained the lead.

No shame in losing to this particular 7th seed. Probably the best 7th seed of all time, but I digress.

Looking ahead to next year, God willing Dampier's contract can bring back some talent, Beaubois can have a larger role next year, and Terry can have a reduced role next year.

I have to question Rick's coaching now seeing how Beaubois performed... you have Damp go from starting to DNP... Butler not playing a half then putting up 35... and Beaubois not getting relevant minutes and performing well in Game 6.

We played musical chairs with the rotation all season and you have to wonder now what could've been.

I digress :cry Time for some comfort food.

lil_penny
04-29-2010, 09:41 PM
Shitty ass coaching. Sad it came down to that.. san antonio played awesome also.

jestersmash
04-29-2010, 09:41 PM
I suggest fettucine alfredo. Always hits the spot.

Refocus
04-29-2010, 09:43 PM
Beaubois was a fucking BEAST.. holy crap. The 4th quarter may have taken a year off my life haha but damn what a fun game to watch.

Kai
04-29-2010, 09:44 PM
http://www.oregon.gov/OHLA/images/Changes_next_exit.jpg

SpursRulez4eVeR
04-29-2010, 09:44 PM
i lost a good 10-12 years watching this series but it was worth it :)

sribb43
04-29-2010, 09:45 PM
EPIC FAIL by RC and 1st quarter killed the mavs.....FUCK!!!!

timtonymanu
04-29-2010, 09:47 PM
:toast Mavs gave me some heart attacks. They really fought hard.

Strike
04-29-2010, 09:56 PM
The Mavericks players gave it their all and left it all on the court. The Mavericks coach, however, made some questionable decisions. This Dallas loss is on Carlisle.

ezau
04-29-2010, 09:57 PM
4-2 Mavettes. It's time to realize that the Spurs are your daddy so pay some respect!

windboy226
04-29-2010, 09:59 PM
The Mavericks players gave it their all and left it all on the court. The Mavericks coach, however, made some questionable decisions. This Dallas loss is on Carlisle.

How happy were Spurs fans not to see Roddy in the fourth? I was screaming at the tv for 25 minutes to get JET out of the game and Roddy back in.

badfish22
04-29-2010, 10:05 PM
NoBFhdeR9PE

Danny.Zhu
04-29-2010, 10:06 PM
Dirk is just great. I admit Dirk played better than TD in this series.

picc84
04-29-2010, 10:06 PM
I would honestly like to hear Carlisle's explanation for not playing Baoubous If any Mavs fans get video from the press conference, post it.

Cry Havoc
04-29-2010, 10:07 PM
Dirk is just great. I admit Dirk played better than TD in this series.

Dirk outplayed everyone in this series.

jestersmash
04-29-2010, 10:12 PM
I would honestly like to hear Carlisle's explanation for not playing Baoubous If any Mavs fans get video from the press conference, post it.

It's live right now. Carlisle basically said that it's tough to make decisions in that seat and he made a decision and went with it. He said he wanted to give JET "a shot," but he definitely gave Roddy B credit where it was due.

A reporter implicitly asked about Roddy B's absence in the late 4th quarter when the game still was winnable, and Carlisle sort of avoided the issue and said that Roddy B "played in the end" or something to that tune.

Yeah, technically he's right, but were they meaningful minutes at the end? I don't know.

picc84
04-29-2010, 10:14 PM
No, technically he's wrong. How can the minutes be meaningful when the game is already over....

Epic fail by Rick.

sribb43
04-29-2010, 10:15 PM
It's live right now. Carlisle basically said that it's tough to make decisions in that seat and he made a decision and went with it. He said he wanted to give JET "a shot," but he definitely gave Roddy B credit where it was due.

A reporter implicitly asked about Roddy B's absence in the late 4th quarter when the game still was winnable, and Carlisle sort of avoided the issue and said that Roddy B "played in the end" or something to that tune.

Yeah, technically he's right, but were they meaningful minutes at the end? I don't know.

8 point game with 2min left, please Rick. You fucked up, not only tonight but the whole series

spursfan1000
04-29-2010, 10:17 PM
Mavs did a great job on coming back, but comon no way they can win in San Antonio. Rick Carlsile or whatever needs to get the boot, he was retarded not playing that beobosis guy or whatever. Good game though, I thought this was a game in the 2nd quarter.

jestersmash
04-29-2010, 10:18 PM
No, technically he's wrong. How can the minutes be meaningful when the game is already over....

Epic fail by Rick.

No I know. I'm saying technically he's right that Roddy "played in the end." I agree that the minutes were not meaningful because the game was virtually over.

Carlisle literally answered with "he played in the end" and said nothing else to this question, by the way.

It seemed clear from the succinctness of his response that he knew he'd be getting flack from fans, etc. for not playing Roddy B earlier during the final minutes of the 4th.

NRHector
04-29-2010, 10:19 PM
what a big difference a healthy spurs team makes

Cry Havoc
04-29-2010, 10:20 PM
Dampier: 21 minutes

Haywood: 21 minutes

:lmao

Unreal.

DJB
04-29-2010, 10:36 PM
Hey Ghazi, how come you didn't make a video out of this like I asked you to?

LnGrrrR
04-29-2010, 10:42 PM

Unreal.

No doubt. I couldn't believe he had Damp and Terry out there so much. It was aggravating me the whole game.

j.dizzle
04-29-2010, 10:49 PM

Unreal.
:lol Whats more funny is that they only scored 2 points between both of them...Dallas will never win anything as long as they have 2 centers that are offensively challenged..In the playoffs you need some easy buckets..Haywood is a little better defensively but Dallas needs some major changes before Dirk gets too old.

Frenzy
04-29-2010, 10:51 PM
LOL spurs
LOL thought they were going to contend against the Lakers
LOL duncan

The Mavs are gonna wax that ass any way spurfans look at it. The Spurs have a better chaince against the Lakers, imho.
:wakeup

dallaskd
04-29-2010, 11:03 PM
Great effort by the Mavs. The slow start and not getting stops down the stretch killed us. I understand why we pulled Roddy late but I wish we kept him in. Sad way to end the season, but we have a bright future. Hopefully we can move damp/terrys contracts for a marquee free agent. What ever deal we pull, Roddy better not be in it. He is a superstar in the making. Dirk's heir to take over the team. Dirk, Kidd, and Marion are the only guarantees to be in blue next season. I would not be surprised at all if Cuban blows up the team. Id like to see Caron back next season, but he is a huge trading chip if we want to use it. This team has a lot of options going into the off season. We need to realize what we have now will not win a title next year. The FO needs to move 7-8 players. Look on the bright side.. no way Barea and Dampier are Mavericks next year. They will be back next year and still a top 5 team in the league. Great series from San Antonio. George Hill is a stud. Id love to pull some ST quotes of spur fans bitching when they drafted him. Probably 95% of this forum was angry. WCF is about as far as this Spur team goes. Like I said, shitty way to end the series but there is a lot of options to go from here. It will be an interesting off season. Go Mavs. MFFL, bitches.

j.dizzle
04-29-2010, 11:18 PM
Well said. I think the Spurs can give the Lakeshow a great run and depending on how bad the Lakers bench is, they might be able to steal that series, but I highly doubt it.
Lakers actually got seven footers that combine for more then 2 points a game :lol..Shit, I forgot about Odom too hahaa SA has never had a player that matches up with him.