PDA

View Full Version : big respect for tony

fred33
04-29-2010, 09:58 PM
not much adress for this game but all the rest 10 7 8 2 steals and o turnover big props the team was better with him on the court!!!!

Brazil
04-29-2010, 10:01 PM
and 2 clutch jumpers in the 4th that was huge !

Spurs Brazil
04-29-2010, 10:07 PM
2 huge Js in the 4th

Props

Spurs7794
04-29-2010, 10:08 PM
Manu is our clutch driver and random clutch three point shooter, but Tony is our clutch pick and roll jump shooter....has been since 2008 when he hit the shot in game 7 in NO.

Warlord23
04-29-2010, 10:09 PM
The guy just discovers his shot in the 4th even if he's having a bad game. Dunno how he does it, but he has been clutch this whole series :tu

Danny.Zhu
04-29-2010, 10:10 PM
Props. Hopefully he could get better against Lakers with the injury recovered.

myhc
04-29-2010, 10:11 PM
dude hit clutch jumpers in the 4th. major props to tony.

fred33
04-29-2010, 10:11 PM
The guy just discovers his shot in the 4th even if he's having a bad game. Dunno how he does it, but he has been clutch this whole series :tu

it was not a bad game watch all the stat tony has open shoot take big rebound no turnover and the team was not the same with him on the court

DAF86
04-29-2010, 10:13 PM
We wouldn't have won this series without TP. lol at those idiots saying we were better without him.

Brazil
04-29-2010, 10:17 PM
I'm speechless to see how this spurs team is working considering the TP/Hill injuries before the POs.

TP is coming off the bench as it was doing that forever.

I'm impressed

bigzak25
04-29-2010, 10:23 PM
good stuff tony...nice to see the bignutz drop when it counts! :toast

jag
04-29-2010, 10:24 PM
I see you Tony...i see you.

ducks
04-29-2010, 10:32 PM
his 10 assist were big

Josepatches_
04-29-2010, 11:55 PM
We wouldn't have won this series without TP. lol at those idiots saying we were better without him.

Well,that's not true.The fact is this team is better since Manu is the first PG of the team,since Manu is who runs the offense but c'mon ...TP is a lot better than Temple,Mason,Bogans,Hairston.... The team can't be better without him.

But the team it's better if manu takes the main role instead of him.That's the only true. Tony is the former Manu and it works.

The team isn't better without TP.The team is better when Manu has a bigger role than he had

Parker2112
04-30-2010, 12:00 AM
Tony is playing like a champ...he is digging in on D and he's not afraid to get the ball moving on offense either. He's getting other guys some easy looks as well. Cant ask for more...our win in the first round says it all
:toast:toast

ducks
04-30-2010, 12:05 AM
Well,that's not true.The fact is this team is better since Manu is the first PG of the team,since Manu is who runs the offense but c'mon ...TP is a lot better than Temple,Mason,Bogans,Hairston.... The team can't be better without him.

But the team it's better if manu takes the main role instead of him.That's the only true. Tony is the former Manu and it works.

The team isn't better without TP.The team is better when Manu has a bigger role than he had

not sure where you have been
the other titles were with tp running the point more
a finals mvp

manu is playing big but I am not sure it is the best interest in the team next year to let manu have the big role all season
I think he will break done before playoffs
spurs need the big three in the playoffs and jefferson or hill

SpursTillTheEnd
04-30-2010, 12:10 AM
tony almost messed around and got a triple double

TDomination
04-30-2010, 12:13 AM
heck ya Parker! keep it going

slick'81
04-30-2010, 12:16 AM
clutch j after clutch j dude was big for sure

kace
04-30-2010, 12:26 AM

Manu is just great. but i just hope his nose doesn't bother him because his shot isn't there yet since the injury. (i didn't yet see the game 6, just the boxscore and the 7/19). we'll need him at his best.

but as PG, i can't see how it could be more clear that TP is our best one and that's it's not even close. Manu isn't a PG.

kace
04-30-2010, 12:29 AM
As for Tony, he's been very good and rather consistent the whole serie. For the clutch JS, well, it's not like we hasn't seen this that before.

like another poster said, TP is our clutch jump shooter and manu our clutch driver and FT shooter it seems.

i only hope TP could be back to the 50 % FG (even if none of the big 3 is there for the serie i believe). He's not far though.

Blackjack
04-30-2010, 12:46 AM
It's somewhat fitting that he's become a knock-down midrange shooter in the clutch . . .

His model when reworking his shot was Bibby and he's started to knock 'em down just like he did in Sacramento; Tony's obviously a better player and can create his own off the dribble, but I'm starting to have that same confidence when watching him shoot late (which is a hell of a commentary for a guy that was said to not be able to hit the jumper consistently).

I'm just really impressed with how he's thrived in a role he's not too happy about playing, but knows it's what's best for the team; the fact that he's playing as well as he has offensively, off the ball, might be just as impressive. :tu

ChumpDumper
04-30-2010, 12:50 AM
Now that he's good and stuff, we need to trade him.

Blackjack
04-30-2010, 12:56 AM
You have a point. :lol

gospursgojas
04-30-2010, 01:01 AM
Can't give tony props too busy giving dirk props...

MannyIsGod
04-30-2010, 01:02 AM
Tony's best state of the night : 0 turnovers.

gilmor
04-30-2010, 01:46 AM

Nobody is bringing up the weak shit about Manu > TP

This is a team game, not who is better than who.. motherfucker..

G-Dawgg
04-30-2010, 03:06 AM
very good game by Tony. Maybe he's realizing he doesn't need to score all our points for us, just score a few in bunches at certain times when we need them. -Timely scoring

Bukefal
04-30-2010, 03:11 AM
He did great! Props

Bambililos
04-30-2010, 03:40 AM
He's clutch. Props to him.

But I'm a bit worried about his speed and explosion. He keeps saying he feels 100%, but it's obvious he's not as fast as before: he can't get into the lane at will like he used to...
Hopefully it will be better next round.

Cane
04-30-2010, 03:45 AM
Mad props to Tony especially since he's handled coming off the bench....people underrate this quality since I think most starters, especially Finals MVP ones, would have a huge problem with that. Just goes to show ya that the Spurs as a franchise have a great team-first mentality.

TJastal
04-30-2010, 06:37 AM
Mad props to Tony especially since he's handled coming off the bench....people underrate this quality since I think most starters, especially Finals MVP ones, would have a huge problem with that. Just goes to show ya that the Spurs as a franchise have a great team-first mentality.

+1

Tony is proving he is anything but the self centered prima donna type that many (including me) were wondering for most of the year.

He's stepped up big-time in that 6th man role without bitching or letting his ego get the better of him.. and thank god for that, that 2nd unit has really fallen apart lately and without Parker's steadying influence things would be very ugly.

Pop was wise to keep the Hill, Jefferson and Manu starting lineup that has seen Jefferson's game take off but without Parker taking a lesser role this team would be in big trouble.

BillMc
04-30-2010, 06:42 AM
Tony deserves all the accolades he is getting. A total pro. The turnover he forced at the end (the one Manu picked up) was the clincher.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-30-2010, 08:06 AM

But I'm a bit worried about his speed and explosion. He keeps saying he feels 100%, but it's obvious he's not as fast as before: he can't get into the lane at will like he used to...

Um, not sure which series you were watching. He had a subpar game 1, and since then played pretty much lights out save for game 3. His two driving layups going right at the dallas defense at the end of the 3rd quarter to put us up 7 were HUGE. He's been taking what the defense gives him--I promise you he is drooling at the prospect of having Nash "guard" him in round 2.

sa_butta
04-30-2010, 08:10 AM

:nope He torched Barera the whole series and got to the basket alot,
I think he was very fast, also lets not forget he has a shot now so he keeps the d on thier toes by driving and shooting at different times. I dont think its so much that he is settling for the shot its that he is open and can hit it. Then next time when they come out to defend him he has a path to the basket.

DPG21920
04-30-2010, 09:39 AM
He doesn't have limits.

temujin
04-30-2010, 09:54 AM
Now that he's good and stuff, we need to trade him.

yeap.

Where is that legendary poster igniting that Collison-for-Parker trade?

SpurOutofTownFan
04-30-2010, 10:11 AM
and 2 clutch jumpers in the 4th that was huge !

to me these 2 and the 3 from manu were the dagger of the game