stretch
04-29-2010, 10:23 PM
hes a beast :toast

sribb43
04-29-2010, 10:25 PM
I'm going to buy a Free Roddy B shirt from db.com

Def Rowe
04-29-2010, 10:25 PM
How come Carlisle doesn't play him more?

spursfan1000
04-29-2010, 10:26 PM
Is he a good defender? if so Mavericks should look to unload Kidd and give Beaubois some more time to develop.

jestersmash
How come Carlisle doesn't play him more?

Careful, mav fans are literally about to kill themselves if you keep bringing this up.

angelbelow
Well he did have a crucial turnover and a foul near the end of the game. Regardless I think Rick put too much trust in Terry, probably should have put Beaubois earlier in the 4th.

Def Rowe
04-29-2010, 10:28 PM
Careful, mav fans are literally about to kill themselves if you keep bringing this up.
:lol

spursfan1000
04-29-2010, 10:30 PM

lol seriously

samikeyp
04-29-2010, 10:31 PM
He was nails, IMO he's better than that little oompa loompa bastard Barea.

Spursfan092120
04-29-2010, 10:32 PM
If he had more playing time, this series would have been a HELL of a lot more interesting.

sribb43
04-29-2010, 10:34 PM
He was nails, IMO he's better than that little oompa loompa bastard Barea.

Can u coach the mavs??

DAF86
04-29-2010, 10:35 PM
Future all-star for sure.

scottspurs
04-29-2010, 10:36 PM
Beaubois was amazing. For a rookie to show up like that on the road in a playoff game is simply amazing.

jestersmash
04-29-2010, 10:37 PM
The thing with Roddy B is, if people hype him up too much he's going to be put at a psychological disadvantage. I think Dirk said it best - it's important for Roddy B to "stay grounded" and "stay humble" if he wants a shot at being a potential star in this league 5, 6, 7 years down the road.

Brazil
04-29-2010, 10:38 PM
thanks Carlisle for not giving him a shot before !

mavsfan1000
04-29-2010, 10:39 PM
Yep he is a great player for comebacks. He has that urgency you need for comebacks. He won us a game earlier this year with his game helping us make a comeback. Carlisle doesn't play his best players and tends to overplay a lineup that actually does have success into the ground. I will never understand why Carlisle played Barea and Terry so much.

jestersmash
04-29-2010, 10:41 PM
"He was back in in the 4th down the stretch. No I mean JET I wanted to give JET a shot"

that's what carlisle said, exactly.

badfish22
04-29-2010, 10:48 PM
"He was back in in the 4th down the stretch. No I mean JET I wanted to give JET a shot"

that's what carlisle said, exactly.

We have given that motherfucker plenty of shots. He is such a dumbfuck. Terry is known for having hot and cold games, but he gets the benefit of the doubt in a must win? Yet Butler has a bad half for two quarters and gets benched a whole half? :bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

Dunc n Dave
04-29-2010, 10:53 PM
Roddy B impressed the hell outta me tonight. I knew he had that huge game vs Golden State, but that's the Warriors...

To carve up the Spurs D tonight the way he did was an impressive feat. I see him as a replacement for Devin Harris for the Mavs. He's got Tony Parker like quickness and finshes almost as well as TP around the rim.

Very glad Rick Carlile decided to pull a Popovich and not play him until the final game (ala George Hill last year). He woulda been the difference for the Mavs in this series.

san antonio spurs
04-29-2010, 10:59 PM
Are the Mavs going to trade him to get another over the hill PG (maybe Nash?)
It's funny how many mavs fans wanted Devin Harris gone but want Beaubois now. Isn't he a poor Devin Harris version?

jag
04-29-2010, 11:02 PM
After seeing him against the Spurs the first time, I remember discussing with Findog how Roddy was a potential Spurs killer.

I love watching that kid play...just not against the spurs.

Biggems
04-29-2010, 11:03 PM
I think the Mavs should trade BooBoo to the Spurs for Mason and a year's supply of river water.

Phillip
04-29-2010, 11:03 PM
Well he did have a crucial turnover and a foul near the end of the game. Regardless I think Rick put too much trust in Terry, probably should have put Beaubois earlier in the 4th.

tbh that came from parker getting away with grabbing his hand, but its all gravy. series is over now.

badfish22
04-29-2010, 11:04 PM
They will probably trade him for Devin Harris when Devin gets old and Roddy is about to hit his prime.

jag
04-29-2010, 11:10 PM
They will probably trade him for Devin Harris when Devin gets old and Roddy is about to hit his prime.

Oh shit

badfish22
04-29-2010, 11:12 PM
Oh shit

Jason Kidd
Steve Nash
Devin Harris
Roddy B

Just falling in line with Mavs history.

badfish22
04-29-2010, 11:13 PM
Although the trade was still a good trade imho. Even though Jkidd play was disappointing these playoffs.

urunobili
04-29-2010, 11:23 PM
the worst of it all is that Roddy maybe the one making Carslile get fired :wakeup

BoricuaCJA
04-29-2010, 11:42 PM
jason kidd
steve nash
devin harris
roddy b

just falling in line with mavs history.
ha ha ha ha!

John Terry
04-29-2010, 11:49 PM
Yep he is a great player for comebacks. He has that urgency you need for comebacks. He won us a game earlier this year with his game helping us make a comeback. Carlisle doesn't play his best players and tends to overplay a lineup that actually does have success into the ground. I will never understand why Carlisle played Barea and Terry so much.

bulls are still alive in playoffs? or also gone fishing already?

badfish22
04-30-2010, 12:16 AM
Bill Simmons:
Fast-forward 2 days: "ESPN's Marc Stein reports that Dallas has fired coach Rick Carlisle 48 hours after BeauboisGate."

I can't believe Rick Carlisle waited this long to play the Beaubois Card. It's not like it was a secret that SA couldn't possibly guard him.

badfish22
04-30-2010, 12:16 AM
Everyone is on Ricks ass tonight.

badfish22
04-30-2010, 02:17 AM
Mavs' Roddy B states his case in loss
(http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/columns/story?columnist=macmahon_tim&id=5150489)Rookie put advancing Spurs on edge, but Dallas waited too late to showcase his talents

SAN ANTONIO -- As rookie Rodrigue Beaubois performed basketball CPR during the second quarter, owner Mark Cuban hopped out of his seat behind the bench and hollered the Dallas Mavericks fans' favorite saying these days.

"Free Roddy B!" Cuban shouted.

Too bad Cuban didn't say something, oh, about five months ago. Heck, even five games ago. Who knows what would have happened if coach Rick Carlisle didn't wait until absolute desperation had set in to give the electrifying rookie guard a chance to make an impact in the first-round series against the San Antonio Spurs?

The young guy from Guadeloupe gave the Mavs a chance to extend the series with his remarkable performance in Thursday night's 97-87 Game 6 loss at the AT&T Center. Beaubois, who had 16 points on 7-of-13 shooting in 21 minutes, was a major reason the Mavs made the Spurs sweat after spotting them a 22-point lead.

The Mavs were on the butt end of a blowout when Carlisle turned to Beaubois, who had played a total of 10 minutes in the previous five games, midway through the second quarter. Suddenly, the Mavs had a spark with the sinewy rookie slicing and swooping through a Spurs defense that had smothered the rest of the Dallas roster.

"Same thing he showed us all year," Jason Terry said. "The kid can play. Now whether he's out there or not, that's another story, but the kid can definitely play. He showed it tonight. He showed it all season long."

And that's coming from a man whose playing time is likely to be cut to get the kid on the court more next season.

The rookie's sporadic playing time was a source of discontent for Dallas fans all season. They fell in love with the sweet stroke and awe-inspiring athleticism of Beaubois, who became the first rookie in NBA history to shoot at least 50 percent from the floor, 40 percent from 3-point range and 80 percent from the free-throw line.

Carlisle consistently praised Beaubois publicly, but it was clear that the kid never earned his coach's trust. Why else would Beaubois average only 12.5 minutes and never take off his warm-ups in 26 games during the regular season and three more this series?

"I guess if I didn't play much, it was because I didn't show him enough things," Beaubois said without a hint of sarcasm. "This summer is going to be very important. Right away from the beginning next season, I want to show him that I'm ready to play."

Carlisle didn't hesitate to give Beaubois minutes against lesser teams. The coach was happy to set the Roddy B free against the Golden States of the league, but even a 40-point performance against the Warriors didn't earn Beaubois a permanent spot in the rotation.

Beaubois rarely played against playoff teams. He almost never played during crunch time.

"These have been tough decisions all year," said Carlisle, who opted to play Terry (two points on 1-of-7 shooting instead of Beaubois for most of the fourth quarter). "The thing I like is that the kid was ready tonight."

It's not as if something happened over the last week to prepare Beaubois for the playoffs. If he was ready with the season on the line in Game 6, he probably could have helped the Mavs while their offense sputtered during the previous three losses.

There is no doubt that Beaubois needs to play a much more significant role next season. It'd make it much easier if he learned how to play point guard during the Las Vegas summer league, allowing the Mavs to use him in a role similar to the Spurs' George Hill, a combo guard who had a breakout campaign in his second season and killed the Mavs in their last two losses.

On a roster loaded with aging veterans, Beaubois is the only young player with star potential. We saw glimpses of that during his rookie season. He ought to be a frontrunner for the NBA's Most Improved Player award next season, as his numbers soar with increased opportunities.

"He's got a swagger about him," Dirk Nowitzki said. "Man, if he keeps improving and stays humble, he's going to be fun to watch in this league for a long, long time."

No matter what, Beaubois gets Mavs fans out of their seats. In the future, they shouldn't need to be screaming at the coach to put him in the game.

mavsfan1000
04-30-2010, 02:24 AM
Terry and Dirk both wanted Roddy to play more. Even Cuban mentioned he wanted to have Roddy more out there. Carlisle has got to go.

slick'81
04-30-2010, 02:38 AM
in the 3rd kid was fckn money

MI21
04-30-2010, 04:14 AM
What a fantastic drafting decision by the Mavs.

ForeignFan
04-30-2010, 05:51 AM
Could Mavs give more PT to Beaubois and let Terry go? That would save some big bucks...

mystargtr34
04-30-2010, 06:38 AM
Kid is gonna be a player. He reminded me a lot of George Hill the very first time i saw him play. Combo guard, extremely long and athletic and can just flat out score the ball. Not sure what his ceiling is to be honest... i think his worst case is probably a smaller version of Jason Terry (although he plays alot bigger than 6-1" because of his huge standing reach and wingspan). Best case... not sure but he could be damn good.

picc84
04-30-2010, 08:23 AM
lol terry trying to check himself out of the game for Beuabous and Carlisle ordering him back in

MavDynasty
04-30-2010, 08:40 AM
He plays like a Tony Parker somewhat but he has 3pt range.

Fuck Rick

DPG21920
04-30-2010, 10:05 AM
Funny thing is he would have theoretically solved the Spurs adjustment on Kidd. You can't guard Roddy Buckets like you can Kidd because of his ability to drive. Of course, no coach would put in Roddy over Kidd.

badfish22
04-30-2010, 10:40 AM
Best case... not sure but he could be damn good.

His absolute best case imho is an Aaron Brooks-Rajon Rondo hybrid. So yeah, damn good.

Phillip
04-30-2010, 10:51 AM
His absolute best case imho is an Aaron Brooks-Rajon Rondo hybrid. So yeah, damn good.

I'd say more like Tony Parker penetration + Derrick Rose athleticsm + Steve Nash shooting ability hybrid. Dude is freakishly talented and gifted. And he has as great of a guy as anyone can learn from in Jason Kidd.

Clipper Nation
04-09-2015, 02:47 PM
I'd say more like Tony Parker penetration + Derrick Rose athleticsm + Steve Nash shooting ability hybrid. Dude is freakishly talented and gifted. And he has as great of a guy as anyone can learn from in Jason Kidd.
:lmao:lmao:lmao

K...
04-09-2015, 03:06 PM
Laughing at injury is kind of bad taste. He probably would be a decent player if he didn't blow whatever he blew.

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-09-2015, 03:21 PM
5th metatarsal. Durant should have had a drink and talked it over with Roddy and James Anderson.

lefty
04-09-2015, 05:54 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

Holy bump from hell

Ignignokt
04-09-2015, 05:59 PM

But det cornrow fagg!t FMVP Kiwi Lizard can't even shine Rondo's shoes amirite?

mavsfan1000
04-10-2015, 06:21 PM
Roddy is done sad to say. What could've been.

Malik Hairston
04-10-2015, 06:24 PM
Roddy is done sad to say. What could've been.

Would you take him over Rondo right now?

SupremeGuy
04-10-2015, 06:37 PM
I'd say more like Tony Parker penetration + Derrick Rose athleticsm + Steve Nash shooting ability hybrid. Dude is freakishly talented and gifted. And he has as great of a guy as anyone can learn from in Jason Kidd.Damn, do you even basketball? :lol

K...
04-10-2015, 07:31 PM
I'm with mavfan. Roddy was the truth.

Pelicans78
04-10-2015, 07:37 PM
Mavs fans were excited about him like I was excited about Marcus Thornton and Darren Collison.

07-06-2016, 06:12 PM

:cry pls do it Cuban :cry

07-06-2016, 06:31 PM

We can have both now :cry

Thread
07-06-2016, 07:04 PM

:cry pls do it Cuban :cry

Maybe his body firmed up in the interim.

Splits
07-06-2016, 07:06 PM
Maybe his body firmed up in the interim.

We all know how you like firm-bodied young blacks.

Thread
07-06-2016, 10:27 PM
We all know how you like firm-bodied young blacks.

Evenin', Shits.

Splits
07-06-2016, 10:36 PM
Evenin', Shits.

At least you got the time of day right.

Admit it, you just woke up from your 4-8 nappy, trolled around the dark parts of the internet, squeezed one out looking at pics of teenage boys at the pool, had a brief cry about dodging 'Nam, and now you're fired-up, ready to take on the world at SpursTalk!

Amiright?

mavsfan1000
07-06-2016, 11:28 PM
Miss this dude. He should've at least been a backup point guard. Just lacks Bball IQ and the ability to break people down off the dribble consistently.

Thread
07-06-2016, 11:35 PM
At least you got the time of day right.

Admit it, you just woke up from your 4-8 nappy, trolled around the dark parts of the internet, squeezed one out looking at pics of teenage boys at the pool, had a brief cry about dodging 'Nam, and now you're fired-up, ready to take on the world at SpursTalk!

Amiright?

They were selling your shit, Shits.