PDA

View Full Version : I friggen hate the TNT play by play guys...

CosmicCowboy
05-08-2005, 09:15 PM
half time is good but these guys REALLY suck...

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-08-2005, 09:15 PM
Yep. Rex Chapman called a few of the Denver series games, and he was doing the same shit he's doing tonight - rooting for our opponent.

Guru of Nothing
05-08-2005, 09:30 PM
I just want to say .... Fuck John Thompson.

It's funny as hell how he goes silent when Big Dog hits buckets (for reasons that belong in the political forum).

Tek_XX
05-08-2005, 09:33 PM
Is that rex chapman, i wasn't sure, the dude sounds black

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-08-2005, 09:33 PM
Both of them sound bitter as hell that the Spurs are putting on a clinic tonight

Tek_XX
05-08-2005, 09:34 PM
They can't remind us enough that the sonics will come back with a vengence and those spurs better watch out.

Dre_7
05-08-2005, 09:35 PM
LOL "I wouldnt wanna be the Spurs in game 2"

Screw them!

CosmicCowboy
05-08-2005, 09:37 PM
I loved it when Sally had to remind everyone that Antonio Daniels has rings too...(wrong..1 ring)...but he somehow neglected to say it was with the Spurs...LOL

PM5K
05-08-2005, 09:39 PM
Actually Kerr and Collins are both very good play by play guys, they have a few other good guys but there are some that I don't care for at all..

ShoogarBear
05-08-2005, 09:40 PM
Um, neither Kerr nor Collins does play-by-play.

infinite styles
05-08-2005, 09:41 PM
When is ol' Rex gonna STFU!!! Dammit!!
"Seattle just has to win game 2 and this game will be forgotten"

Excuse are we playing game 2 or are we still at game 1. This dumbass absolutely gave no props to the Spurs play. All his comments are about Seattle in game 2 and film sessions. True enough you have to talk about future games but damn enough is enough. Is this bitch gonna do anymore of the games cause the TV might be on mute if he does.

infinite styles
05-08-2005, 09:43 PM
I think Stockton was actually doing a good job in trying to mix it up and basically saying, "Hey, the Spurs are still gonna show up in game 2!"

boutons
05-08-2005, 09:44 PM
"Fuck John Thompson."

I will drink to that. Even when he's not calling Spurs games, he sucks so bad, the worst frickin commentary.

Tek_XX
05-08-2005, 09:49 PM
Stockton let his homer slip out by giving Spurs so props

exstatic
05-08-2005, 09:50 PM
Stockton is the PbP guy. The other clowns are supposedly providing color commentary. They really have to try to pimp game two somehow, or no one will watch. Artificial drama, at best, though.

Horry For 3!
05-08-2005, 09:53 PM
I ususally listen to Sean Elliot commentate.

CHAMPS AGAIN
05-08-2005, 09:53 PM
[QUOTE=infinite styles]When is ol' Rex gonna STFU!!! Dammit!!
"Seattle just has to win game 2 and this game will be forgotten"

One jerk said if Seattle wins game 2 they will win the series what a dumbass

~Chris~
05-08-2005, 09:57 PM
You guys are such homers... Do you honestly think they can pull a larger viewership if they sit there and talk about Seattle having no chance to win a game in this series?

The commentators are doing what they have to do to try and garner enough hype for the chance of an interesting upcoming game.

Get over your ego's... drama-queens. :rolleyes

boutons
05-08-2005, 09:58 PM
~Chris~

plonk

Jdspur20
05-08-2005, 09:58 PM
they acted like the sonics have the advantage in the 2nd game, whats up with that??? i did like what duncan said while being interviewed, he said that the game 1 vs. denver was a wake-up call(summerized), and how it is important to protect home court.

Guru of Nothing
05-08-2005, 10:01 PM
~Chris~

plonk

Damn, that reminds me of the old usenet days.

infinite styles
05-08-2005, 10:05 PM
You guys are such homers... Do you honestly think they can pull a larger viewership if they sit there and talk about Seattle having no chance to win a game in this series?

The commentators are doing what they have to do to try and garner enough hype for the chance of an interesting upcoming game.

Get over your ego's... drama-queens. :rolleyes

:stfu .... I'm tired of this word "homer" Why the fuck would you root for a team if everytime you defend them its OMG he's a homer. Why have a forum about your favorite team if you can't be a "homer" I'm not saying that they can't gas up game 2 but shit can we stop going overboard with it. "The Spurs better be scared!" "Seattle is going to win game 2 and game 1 will be forgotten!" If getting tired of hearing bullshit like this the entire second half makes me a "homer" then you can kiss my "homer" ass! :hat

GrandeDavid
05-08-2005, 10:05 PM
Rex! I met Rex Chapman actually years ago in high school when he was a senior and I was a freshman, then I met him again as I sat near him at the UK-Utah, UK-Mich. State games. He's got a boiler working. Nice guy, typical Kentucky dude, too much to get into here. But he's a good guy, don't know how he is as a commentator, though. Sounds like he sucks.

DDS4
05-08-2005, 10:42 PM

Bingo.

Sec24Row7
05-08-2005, 10:50 PM
See Title...

SequSpur
05-08-2005, 10:51 PM
LMAO. Thompson acted like this game was broken up into 4 games (I guess quarters) and the Spurs lost the last 2 quarters so they better look out.

I guess according to that fuckhead Thompson that the Spurs should've won by 50. But since they didn't I guess this will be a series.

Also, I just want to mention that Bruce Bowen is the biggest wuss I have ever seen. John Sally told him at least 5 times that Ray Allen said he plays "sissy" basketball and all he can do is talk about the children watching the game? I must say that was the biggest bullshit answer and chicken dick answer I have ever seen.

He shoulda just said, I'll respond to his commentary on the court when we play in this series and show him some more sissy basketball. Next question....... Fuck you sally... Next question........

Bowen is a wuss.

mookie2001
05-09-2005, 12:55 AM
its funny because a dumbass viewer would believe that seattle actually has an advantage now that they lost, as much as the spurs were being scoffed

Obstructed_View
05-09-2005, 01:12 AM
The way the Spurs came out in the second half, it's not out of the question that they come out flat in game 2, which could be a problem. It is also the ONLY chance the Sonics have and the ONLY chance TNT has of getting anyone outside of San Antonio to watch this series.

Kori Ellis
05-09-2005, 01:13 AM
I think Pop ripped the Spurs after the game about their second half performance. He wasn't pleased in the postgame interview and kept saying things like, "They were great ... IN THE FIRST HALF." I highly doubt they are going to come out flat in game 2.

T Park
05-09-2005, 01:15 AM
Good.

This team, when it plays defense like it did in quarter number 2 of this game, and quarter number 4 against the Nuggets in game 5, is unstoppable.

Obstructed_View
05-09-2005, 01:16 AM
I think you are right, Kori. My point was more that it's not out of the question. This series will be over quickly if the Spurs don't lose focus. I think the path to the finals will be pretty quick if they don't lose focus. This team has the potential to be every bit as dominant as the '99 team, but they show flashes of the '03 team on occasion.

rwb
05-09-2005, 02:03 AM
I try really hard to just block out TNT's commentary to the point where it's a droning noise I can ignore. I tried listening to the play by play on the radio, but the delay ruins it. There seems to be no way past it, and if we end up playing Miami then all we'll hear about is Shaq anyway. Get used to it.

Tek_XX
05-09-2005, 02:20 AM
ARe there no more local broadcasts of the game?

SouthernFried
05-09-2005, 06:59 AM
Thompson is just not good at this. I swear, I don't catch most of what he says, cuz he' just not interesting enough to listen to.

Lousy commentator voice. There's just no excitement in anything he says...a boring monotone. Even when listening to him, I tune him out unconsciously.

Fouled Out
05-09-2005, 07:57 AM
I totally agree, they are a bunch of idiots except for Dick Stockton, He is alright, he has done some Spurs games with Sean Elliot and he is a Spurs fan deep down. I don't get it TNT the home of the Eastern Conference Playoffs, but they are still showing Western Conference Playoff game, Just for ratings they should just come out and say Home of the NBa Playoffs and show both Conferences, But they are stupid.

SpursChampsIII
05-09-2005, 10:06 AM
I think Pop ripped the Spurs after the game about their second half performance. He wasn't pleased in the postgame interview and kept saying things like, "They were great ... IN THE FIRST HALF." I highly doubt they are going to come out flat in game 2.

Pop can rip all he wants, but HE is ultimately responsible for the personnel he puts on the court at a given time. True enough, players need a little chewing from time to time, but Pop sure has some questionable lineups out there at times. I guess I'm upset that we only won by 22 :lol

IX_Equilibrium
05-09-2005, 10:25 AM
I wish Doug Collins would have been doing the color commentating. I enjoy listening to him.

Obstructed_View
05-09-2005, 10:26 AM
The Spurs were outscored by 5 points in the second half and everybody acts like the sky is falling. For those that want players jacking up threes to increase the margin of a blowout, I suggest rooting for the Mavs.

DJREN12
05-09-2005, 10:47 AM
Just do what I do, mute the tv and listen to p-b-p on 760 or 1200 am.

DJREN12
05-09-2005, 10:48 AM
the delay does suck but it beats listening to those fools.

boutons
05-09-2005, 10:50 AM
Doug Collins sucks. He never encountered a 2-second silence on-air that he refused to fill with the most banal, boring, trivial, irrelevant info. The jerkoff defines terminal droning. To say nothing abou this cloying, nauseating sentimental jags.

Dick Stockton, Sean, Hubie, funny, fascinating, entertaining, unobtrusive commentary at its best.

Fouled Out
05-10-2005, 01:43 PM
These guys are a bunch of bandwagonners!!! John Thompson I don't even understand a dam word he is saying. His comments sucks always dogging the spurs, The commercials ,Yeah! "TNT the home of the Eastern Conference Finals" Hello you are showing a Western Playoff Game,idiots and we have no commercials supporting the Western Games just that Bettlejuice looking mug of Nash!! And If we are killing the Sonics they go off and show another game because we happen to be blowing out the opposing team. All the highlights they show other dominant player happen to be against the Spurs. Man this is what I am going to do If they start up with their crap :pctoss What do you all think or am I the only one who starts seeing they are not giving us air time and respect to Bowen's defense.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-10-2005, 02:11 PM
LOL for once I feel lucky. Turns out over here they're showing the TNT broadcast through ESPN and apparently we get different comentators. We get Sean and the other guy LOL (sorry, don't know the other guy's name)

bigbendbruisebrother
05-12-2005, 04:15 PM
I just noticed the game is on ESPN and NBA League Pass tonight. No Chapman and Thompson! YES!

CosmicCowboy
05-12-2005, 08:23 PM
YES!!!!!!

finally a break from those clowns...

Horry For 3!
05-12-2005, 08:50 PM
Wooo the game is on KENS tonight. No more TNT commentators :elephant good stuff.