YES!!! No curse on the Spurs!!! :lol

ducks
04-30-2010, 12:51 AM
he said heart not head though

this will be the toughest suns team though

let amare get his shut down richardson and everyone else

spursfaninla
04-30-2010, 12:53 AM
richardson is the team's leading scorer right now. Suns are an offensive juggernaut. Not like that is different from years past, though.

Suns have 4-5 players shooting 3pt shots WELL. I think Richardson is shooting 45%+ from 3. Plus he is hitting over 50% overall. I hope that RJ gets his defense in gear, because I don't want to see the centerpiece trotted out, and we don't want to get into a shootout with these fuckers.

honestfool84
04-30-2010, 12:56 AM
let amare get his shut down richardson and everyone else

this, and i think we can win. same approach as we had with Dirk.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-30-2010, 12:57 AM
He obviously thought the Spurs would win. Hard to explain on a blog but he was basically trying to save face and said it was his heart not his brain picking the Spurs.

WGAF. Barkley's opinion is the least of my worries.

tuncaboylu
04-30-2010, 12:58 AM
We and especially Pop know playing against Suns very well. It's simple, they are not a good defensive team. Keep the game close till 3 minutes remaining and after that level up the team defense. Suns can't counter it and losing. This is our tactic against them for years. They couldn't win the close games against Portland, they won only-blow-outs
I'm expecting an easier series than Dallas.

EricB
04-30-2010, 01:01 AM
Pretty much with the suns you cut Richardson down u cut them down. Same shit different series. No turnovers, rebound, defend, and be agressive and drive to the basket..

spursfaninla
04-30-2010, 01:01 AM
The problem is that this phx team shoots 3's really well. I am worried about that; it puts too much "luck" into things, b/c you can't guard everything. We gave up plently of open 3's to dallas, they just choked a lot and missed them. I don't think phx will.

gospursgojas
04-30-2010, 01:02 AM
He also picked the Mavs to win the series the Spurs just won.

gospursgojas
04-30-2010, 01:03 AM
The problem is that this phx team shoots 3's really well. I am worried about that; it puts too much "luck" into things, b/c you can't guard everything. We gave up plently of open 3's to dallas, they just choked a lot and missed them. I don't think phx will.

Mavs had a lot of open 3s bc spurs had to double dirk a whole bunch. I don't see the spurs doubling anyone on the suns

04-30-2010, 01:04 AM
good thing about facing the suns is that they have no one to guard duncan. bad news is that amare is just as explosive offensively against the spurs as dirk. also, their point guard will not be useless offensively. the suns will be a very good test of spurs' defense. if the spurs can hold, then the spurs will be in good position. suns have no answer for duncan or parker and the spurs' bench can contribute more.

Galileo
04-30-2010, 01:08 AM
Suns ain't winning the series.

Johnny RIngo
04-30-2010, 01:20 AM
Mavs were a much better team than Phoenix. Only way the Spurs lose this if there' s a key injury or Pop decides to start playing Bogans and Bonner for 20 minutes a game.

DDS4
04-30-2010, 01:21 AM
Mavs had a lot of open 3s bc spurs had to double dirk a whole bunch. I don't see the spurs doubling anyone on the suns

In fact, I see Pop doing the same thing as years past. Transition D is the key. And in the halfcourt, let Amare go off, and stay home on the 3 point shooters.

kace
04-30-2010, 01:23 AM
well, i guess Dice defense on Amare will be a key factor.

Capt Bringdown
04-30-2010, 01:25 AM
It gets tougher as you move on. Phoenix is going to be a tremendous challenge.

VBM
04-30-2010, 09:23 AM

We also run into a team that shoots FTs tremendously well. Then again, I guess everyone shoots FTs well compared to us.

sa_butta
04-30-2010, 09:24 AM
didnt he pick the Mavs to beat us at the begining of that series??

mando6599
04-30-2010, 09:38 AM
Here's hoping that the wide open lanes that will be in this series on the Suns side will invite RJ to enter them with reckless abandon. This series I can see(hope) that RJ can get going on O much easier than with the Mavs, imo.

emanueldavidginobili
04-30-2010, 09:41 AM
there is no way nash can remotely cover parker or hill, no one can cover manu on that team or tim duncan, they wont put amare on him because foul trouble can happen. i think pop and the staff will have a great gameplan coming into the game.

EmptyMan
04-30-2010, 09:44 AM
Suns have looked really good this year, but Spurs have finally hit ass-kicking mode.

Bartleby
04-30-2010, 09:52 AM
Suns have looked really good this year, but Spurs have finally hit ass-kicking mode.

Not only that, but I'd say the Spurs have gotten better as the playoffs progress (if we look past game 5, which was a throwaway game).

They started out the Mavs series a bit wobbly due to injuries and new rotations, but they're starting to figure out how to make the most of their 3 guard rotation and Hill and Parker have shaken off their rust.

The thing that bothers me most about this series is the every-other-day game format. Hopefully the Spurs can start out strong and finish in 5 or 6.