PDA

View Full Version : Shot of the Night

MannyIsGod
04-30-2010, 12:55 AM
and no small part in this game was Manu's 3 with about 4:40 left in the 3rd quarter. Dirk had just hit the 3 that had given the Mavs their one point lead and Manu came back and answered with a 3 of his own.

If he misses that shot and the Mavs are able to expand their lead then there's a chance the game spirals out of control. I'm a firm believer that the game turns on small plays here and there and this was one of them.

Huge shot.

tmtcsc
04-30-2010, 12:56 AM
They never led again.

EricB
04-30-2010, 12:57 AM
That shot and the teardrop by hill on the baseline which I think was a second chance point.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-30-2010, 01:00 AM
Hill hit about 3 shots of the night as well

alchemist
04-30-2010, 01:01 AM
That was a series changing 3pt attempt by Manu, I'm sure Dirk would've scored on the next possession and they would've been completely confident the rest of the way.

kace
04-30-2010, 01:06 AM
a shot with 17 minutes to play ? the shot of the night ? well. i wouldn't argue that this shot wasn't important but i'm not sure the OP would have said the same (and opened a thread about it) if Bonner or RJ was the one who made this shot. but OK.

for me (i'm watching the game), it seems that the last 6 shots before the manu's 6 FT to end the game were damn huge: two from each tony, hill and dice.

MannyIsGod
04-30-2010, 01:07 AM
a shot with 17 minutes to play ? the shot of the night ? well. i wouldn't argue that this shot wasn't important but i'm not sure the OP would have said the same (and opened a thread about it) if Bonner or RJ was the one who made this shot. but OK.

The hell?

It probably would have been a bigger shot for me had either of those hit it.

There may have been nearly 17 minutes left but the Spurs had just finished giving up a 22 point lead.

Since I'm fairly sure I know what you're getting at, let me put it this way. If Manu doesn't hit this shot then Tony can't be clutch in the last minutes of the fourth.

kace
04-30-2010, 01:10 AM
The hell?

There may have been nearly 17 minutes left but the Spurs had just finished giving up a 22 point lead.

Since I'm fairly sure I know what you're getting at, let me put it this way. If Manu doesn't hit this shot then Tony can't be clutch in the last minutes of the fourth.

once again, i wouldn't argue that this shot wasn't important. Manu always had this kind of timing to score when needed, like any star should do, that what makes him the player he is. but i just can't see a shot of the night when the two team are tied with 17 minutes to go. just my opinion.

montgod
04-30-2010, 01:15 AM
That was a big shot. Totally diffused the Mavs comeback. Even ESPN said... that the Mavs took the lead for all of about 21 seconds haha.

Hill made several big shots after that (fade sideways one hander and the lay-up in front of Dirk).

Cant_Be_Faded
04-30-2010, 01:17 AM
That shot was fucking huge

I went from bursting 5 brain vessels a second down to only bursting 2

DAF86
04-30-2010, 01:18 AM
once again, i wouldn't argue that this shot wasn't important. Manu always had this kind of timing to score when needed, like any star should do, that what makes him the player he is. but i just can't see a shot of the night when the two team are tied with 17 minutes to go. just my opinion.

Didn't you just say you didn't watch the game in another thread? Manu's three was a momentum changing shot, we got behind for the first time on the game after having a 22 pts lead, and 21 seconds later we were up again and this time it was for good. You never know what could have happened if we wouldn't have ended their run as quickly as we did.

roycrikside
04-30-2010, 01:19 AM
The hell?

Don't worry about it dude. That's Spurstalk in a nutshell, the guys on the team love each other, the fans of the team hate each other. We all have agendas for CoM, CoT, CoTD, Pop's great, Pop sucks, whatever.

Unfortunately, that's just how it is. No matter how well the Spurs do, some people on the board are gonna be butt hurt. If Manu plays better, the Tony fans will bitch and vice versa. And it's way worse when the team loses because then we play the blame game, like, "Yeah we lost, but it wasn't MY guy's fault..."

Like I said, it sucks that it's that way, and I'm probably as guilty of it as anyone, but at this point the thing's gone so far downhill I really don't know how to stop it. If nobody ever bitched at TD, TP, Manu or Pop, Spurstalk would have like 25 posts a day.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-30-2010, 01:20 AM
They never led again.

This.

kace
04-30-2010, 01:21 AM
Didn't you just say you didn't watch the game in another thread? Manu's three was a momentum changing shot, we got behind for the first time on the game after having a 22 pts lead, and 21 seconds later we were up again and this time it was for good. You never know what could have happened if we wouldn't have ended their run as quickly as we did.

i'm watching it right now (like i said in my post). great shot by manu.

CFH
04-30-2010, 01:27 AM
That shot had me saying "Noooooooooooo!!!" when he jacked it up because I think that's when the Spurs weren't hitting anything and weren't attacking the rim. When Manu hit it I was amazed, should've known better than to doubt him.

Cry Havoc
04-30-2010, 01:50 AM
They're the size of cantaloupes.

Ignignokt
04-30-2010, 02:03 AM
That shot was fucking huge

I went from bursting 5 brain vessels a second down to only bursting 2

I'm like agreeing with you!!!

Muser
04-30-2010, 02:08 AM
Hill's teardrop from the baseline was one of the best shots i've seen from a Spur this season.

spurs10
04-30-2010, 02:57 AM
All the best to all of you......great %&^^& win!

SpursRulez4eVeR
04-30-2010, 03:01 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/f9qfxs.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/2414evm.gif

http://i44.tinypic.com/205rrmb.gif

carina_gino20
04-30-2010, 03:12 AM
Agree with the OP. We NEEDED that shot. Any shot, actually. Even bigger that it was a three from Manu Ginobili. Mavs had just taken the lead. If you don't score and the Mavs score again, they would have had all the confidence in the world. Even more than what they already had after erasing that 22-pt deficit.