PDA

View Full Version : How F'ed is Portland?

Cant_Be_Faded
04-30-2010, 01:21 AM
I mean come on.

This was the team that was supposed to dominate the West by the 2011-2013 seasons.

Now we have a number 1 draft pick that will be the biggest bust of our era, Portland (fucking SA blatantly) picking Batum cuz they did not have Durant, and their primary scorer getting hurt before their first serious playoff run.

Result is they are heading into the 2011 season with minimal playoff experience.

At the same time, OKC is right up on their ass for the title of the Next Big Thing in the Western Conference.

Portland not picking Durant is the biggest goof since Detroit passed on Carmelo.

What fucking idiots.

Big man!!! Big man!!! Need our big man!!!

slick'81
04-30-2010, 01:25 AM
oden still could pan out but jesus if only they had kept randolph and drafted durant

lil_penny
04-30-2010, 01:26 AM
im not worried... it was a big mistake, but at the time seemed like a good idea. what can you really do about it? with a horrible season of injuries we managed to finish 6th.. above two solid teams in s.a. and okc.. we had a pretty good season despite all the adversity..

Ghazi
04-30-2010, 01:26 AM
oden still could pan out but jesus if only they had kept randolph and drafted durant

:wow:wow

itzsoweezee
04-30-2010, 01:27 AM
as a basketball fan, i'm glad they didn't pick durant. we would all be missing out if a player the caliber of kevin durant had to play second fiddle to brandon roy. and you know roy would not be okay with being the #2 on that team.

Capt Bringdown
04-30-2010, 01:30 AM
Oden was a disastrous selection.
As was Sam Bowie.
As was Larue Martin.

Worst draft pics of all time, that's quite an accomplishment.

Even their one title in '77 is bittersweet, for it looked like they were poised for greatness, only to be done in by Walton's fragile body.

The franchise is cursed. If the NBA had a heart, they'd put the fans out of their misery and ship this doomed organization out of town.

oh crap
04-30-2010, 01:33 AM
OKC>>>>>>PDX long term easy. no fucking competition. With a healthier team, it would be a bit closer but at this point, it's obvious which team has more promise.

lil_penny
04-30-2010, 01:40 AM
okc is a good team, and have a stud in durant andwestbrook is good.. but as a team portland is. and will be the better of the two. i dont open my mouth often with bold statements but this one im sure about.

Lars
04-30-2010, 01:52 AM
For me it all depends on Ibaka. That dude can be a beast.

boston.balla
04-30-2010, 04:22 AM
What's happening with oden is beyond me. This guy has to catch a break. No pun intended:lol if he can get 25 mins a night he is absolutely excelent.

A like portland vs okc because of size, depth and balance. They are a much more balanced team (outside shooting, inside presence, deep bench, variety of guards, great defenders, superstar that can establish tempo on a game = rare stuff).

mystargtr34
04-30-2010, 06:47 AM
Oden still has enormous potential, and unlike Darko, when healthy he has actually shown glimpses of that potential - so i don't think its anywhere near as big a mistake as the one Detroit made.

The thing is, i dont think its the same if the guy is healthy but just flat out sucks, like a Kwame or a Darko, compared to not being able to produce because he's injured, especially if there were no pre-draft injury concerns, as was the case with Oden. So Portland kind of gets a mini-pass, because the kid can obviously play at a Number 1 pick level when healthy - you cant really blame the Blazers for taking him when the only thing that has stopped him from being a real player is injury, and not suckage.

Obviously Durant has turned out to be a monster, but Portland still has a real gem in their hands, so hopefully he can stay healthy and show what he can do.

LnGrrrR
04-30-2010, 07:22 AM
The thing is, i dont think its the same if the guy is healthy but just flat out sucks, like a Kwame or a Darko, compared to not being able to produce because he's 50 years old, especially if there were no pre-draft injury concerns, as was the case with Oden. So Portland kind of gets a mini-pass, because the kid can obviously play at a Number 1 pick level when healthy - you cant really blame the Blazers for taking him when the only thing that has stopped him from being a real player is rheumatoid arthritis, and not suckage.

fify :)

poop
04-30-2010, 07:26 AM
i would say 'Portland is going to have a great team next year, if they stay healthy' but we all know that just isnt going to happen.

cursed franchise

pauls931
04-30-2010, 07:26 AM
Fuck Portland. In a year or two they'll probably be stomping all over the west, so kick'em while they're down.

poop
04-30-2010, 07:30 AM
Fuck Portland. In a year or two they'll probably be stomping all over the west, so kick'em while they're down.

only on paper.

in real life the curse will continue to smite them

spursfaninla
04-30-2010, 10:42 AM
Dude is talented, but most likely not durant talented. We will likely never know, because, like Yao, he is a chronically injured player.

And nowhere NEAR as much a bust as Olawakandi or Kwame. No where near.