PDA

View Full Version : Suns Scare me...

Sec24Row7
04-30-2010, 02:11 AM
And not because I think they will win...

But because I think they deserve respect.

They have always been a good team and a worthy opponent that we have been able to defeat after hard fought competition.

Past success does not equal future victory.

Props to the Suns... but...

Go Spurs Go.

(Also thank god it isn't the blazers because their athleticism gives us problems)

Xylus
04-30-2010, 02:18 AM
Solid post.

MateoNeygro
04-30-2010, 02:34 AM
I agree. The team they have now is deeper and more complete than years past imho.

Shastafarian
04-30-2010, 02:37 AM
Who's guarding Hill in this series? If they put Grant Hill on our Hill then Nash is on Parker and that's game. If Nash is on Hill that's game. Barbosa? Richardson?

Xylus
04-30-2010, 02:39 AM
Who's guarding Hill in this series? If they put Grant Hill on our Hill then Nash is on Parker and that's game. If Nash is on Hill that's game. Barbosa? Richardson?

If the Spurs beat the Suns, it'll be because of Duncan, Ginobili, and/or Parker. Hill might have a good couple of games, though.

Shastafarian
04-30-2010, 02:43 AM
If the Spurs beat the Suns, it'll be because of Duncan, Ginobili, and/or Parker. Hill might have a good couple of games, though.

Did you see Game 4 of the Mavs series? Hill was super clutch and was the best player out there. He can definitely change games. Especially if the Suns commit to holding everyone but him.

Xylus
04-30-2010, 02:52 AM
Did you see Game 4 of the Mavs series? Hill was super clutch and was the best player out there. He can definitely change games. Especially if the Suns commit to holding everyone but him.

Sadly, I didn't get to see that game. I'll take your word for it, but George Hill doesn't really strike fear in the hearts of Suns fans. Going off of just memory (I'm too tired right now to do the research), I can't recall him ever going off on the Suns.

If Nash is guarding him, though, he'll definitely have that chance.

Shastafarian
04-30-2010, 02:57 AM
I guess my point is he can swing a game or two assuming no one is able to guard him.

polandprzem
04-30-2010, 03:09 AM
There will be RJ running the floor

Bukefal
04-30-2010, 03:15 AM
Well everything is going to be tough, even tougher. The Suns are not easy but the mavs werent that easy either.

Just hope for the best! :flag::flag::flag:

Giuseppe
04-30-2010, 03:30 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/icons/icon1.gif Suns Scare me...
And not because I think they will win...

But because I think they deserve respect."

:rolleyes

jesterbobman
04-30-2010, 03:55 AM
The Suns wings are now more physically imposing, and Dragic has come around as their back up PG. I'd expect the Spurs will try to Defend the Shooters, Let Amare get his but make everyone else shoot contested shots as much as possible. Both teams will run a ton of Pick and roll, but the Suns can trot out a semi traditional line up that can still run with the development Lopez has gone through so far. Hopefully the law of averages of shooting %'s (especailly from 3 helps us and we shoot better than we did against Dallas)

007nites
04-30-2010, 04:02 AM
The suns are definetly a very scary team. All of there wings can shoot or drive which will be tough to contain.

G-Dawgg
04-30-2010, 04:17 AM
Easy Series.... Defense & Tempo will win it for us. We have a defense that has really Come together and Phoenix's defense is still Mr Sieve-like. Plus we usually execute well in slowed-down half-court sets.

spursrocks
04-30-2010, 06:15 AM
suns are scary so is the mavs.
we have a chance, its all about mental toughness

Loose Cannon
04-30-2010, 06:20 AM
No props to the Suns whatsoever. Between the tears and the periods, they're a borderline WNBA team.

We just played a team that is light years better than the Suns. We control tempo, we control defense, we have Timmy, we have Manu. Nothing they can do.

We'll kick the shit out of them again.

Just hoping we end it in 4-5 so we can get some rest before our second real test in the WCF

Ghazi
04-30-2010, 06:22 AM
cROFL at Bukefal's avatar.

I might have to jack that :D

raspsa
04-30-2010, 06:37 AM
I think Blair might have a great series. No one among the Suns bigs is a match for him under the boards.

stéphane
04-30-2010, 06:43 AM
I love Nash and I hope we'll have a tremendous basket ball series like we used to have with them. Suns-Spurs PO battles are always awesome (And hope it ends like the previous ones)

BillMc
04-30-2010, 06:44 AM
I think Blair might have a great series. No one among the Suns bigs is a match for him under the boards.

I agree.

WalterBenitez
04-30-2010, 06:55 AM
Can we activate or sign Horry, just in case we need a tactical foul.

L.I.T
04-30-2010, 07:10 AM
The Suns guards are an intriguing mix, between Nash/Richardson/Goran/Leadro. Their speed (other than Nash) and athleticism could give the Spurs backcourt some problems. None of them are great (or even average) defenders though.

Unlike with the Mavs series, the Spurs guards should have a field day getting to the rim.

They can put a tough three point shooting team on the court that can stretch out a defense when you consider Frye.

The Frye vs. Bonner match up is going to be epically awkward though.

TJastal
04-30-2010, 07:14 AM
The Suns wings are now more physically imposing, and Dragic has come around as their back up PG. I'd expect the Spurs will try to Defend the Shooters, Let Amare get his but make everyone else shoot contested shots as much as possible. Both teams will run a ton of Pick and roll, but the Suns can trot out a semi traditional line up that can still run with the development Lopez has gone through so far. Hopefully the law of averages of shooting %'s (especailly from 3 helps us and we shoot better than we did against Dallas)

+1

Yep, seeing as how well this strategy worked against the mavs and how good McDyess was able to get physical with Nowitski (thanks refs! :lol) and make him work hard for his points, I can see Pop trying the same strategy against Stoudemire. If the refs allow McDyess to use very physical defense on him and everybody stays with their men the suns shouldn't be going off for 110+ a game (in theory). The spurs holding them under 100 should be enough to win most of the time.

exstatic
04-30-2010, 07:16 AM
I agree. The team they have now is deeper and more complete than years past imho.

No. 2005 was their best team.

exstatic
04-30-2010, 07:19 AM
The Suns are one of those teams that can beat you in any single game, but this is a series. You just know they're going to go cold and cough up a home game. It's what they do.

EricB
04-30-2010, 07:19 AM
No. 2005 was their best team.

True. This is thief best defensive team however.

NickiRasgo
04-30-2010, 07:47 AM
A different coach also.

EricB
04-30-2010, 07:50 AM
The Suns are one of those teams that can beat you in any single game, but this is a series. You just know they're going to go cold and cough up a home game. It's what they do.

Well they are slightly similar to Dallas In one thing. VERY reliant on the jumpshot. That plays into the spurs defenseS the spurs take away ur threes and force you into mid range shots which the suns semi struggle at. Getting grant hill in foul trouble will help things.

EricB
04-30-2010, 07:52 AM
A different coach also.

Yeah gentry is. Man I don't know if he's better than D'Antoni or not...

sa_butta
04-30-2010, 08:06 AM
I think we have to control the tempo against their run and gun style just like we always have against them. Try to control them at the point of attack and try to get Nash out of his game. Make them play our game.

lefty
04-30-2010, 08:11 AM
Blablablablabla

Enough with reverse jinx BS

I don't see how they can beat us in a 7 game series

(Unless we have injuries :D)

EricB
04-30-2010, 08:12 AM
I think we have to control the tempo against there run and gun style just like we always have against them. Try to control them at the point of attack and try to get Nash out of his game. Make them play our game.

Yeah copy what Portland did defensively in games 1 and 4. :lol

Whisky Dog
04-30-2010, 08:36 AM
I only watched one game between the teams this season and it was a while back, so I'm not too familiar with them. Going off that graphic that showed the 2 games Portland won they held them to 0 or 1 30+ pt quarters and limited their fast break points, so I see the same kind of keys going into this series as the last one.

Control tempo, limit turnovers, transition defense, control the defensive glass, and rotate hard on shooters.

dbestpro
04-30-2010, 08:39 AM
Maybe we should merge the Suns are scary threads.

lefty
04-30-2010, 08:39 AM
Maybe we should merge the Suns are scary threads.
Or start a different thread : " Suns, scary? WTF are you guys talking about "

Creation88
04-30-2010, 08:44 AM
the key will be stopping their 3 point shooters.

lefty
04-30-2010, 08:48 AM
the key will be stopping their 3 point shooters.
And who does that better than the Spurs?

SAGambler
04-30-2010, 09:07 AM

Not to mention they now actually PLAY DEFENSE! Something of new twist to the Suns teams we have seen in the past. I think this is gonna be a tough series for us. Maybe even tougher than the Mavs were.

But Go Spurs Go!!!!!!