PDA

View Full Version : I see Dejuan having a big series

Buddy Holly
04-30-2010, 02:24 AM
Unlike the Mavs, the Suns don't have the height that bothers DeJuan.

I can see him playing very well against Colins, Frye and Amundson.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-30-2010, 02:26 AM
Let's hope you're right, N'Sync

Buddy Holly
04-30-2010, 02:28 AM
I think I am. :toast

DespЏrado
04-30-2010, 02:48 AM
Dejaun deserves to take every minute from Bonner this series without question. If given half the chance he could be every bit as impactful on this series as Hill was against Dallas. Hell he could have played a lot more minutes against Dallas the way he played in the few minutes he was given. It all depends on how much Pop wants to loosen the reigns -or unleash the beast if you will.

SpursTillTheEnd
04-30-2010, 02:52 AM
whoever bonner guards is going to go off for the suns, give blair the minutes

Xylus
04-30-2010, 02:55 AM
Actually, Blair does scare me. The only guy on our team that can even remotely guard him is Amundson... and Amundson can't guard him. All of our big guys apart from Robin Lopez are too thin to deal with Blair's size.

honestfool84
04-30-2010, 10:20 AM
Actually, Blair does scare me. The only guy on our team that can even remotely guard him is Amundson... and Amundson can't guard him. All of our big guys apart from Robin Lopez are too thin to deal with Blair's size.

well to be honest, Xylus... the Suns this year scare me.

so many playoff defeats at the hands of the Spurs have to be eating away at them, and sooner or later (hopefully in 2047) the Suns will beat the Spurs in the playoffs.. :lol

seriously, though. i know it's going to be a phenomenal series.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-30-2010, 10:29 AM

He could be the factor if he gets a lot of minutes against JR and Amare. He has the body to fight them both.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-30-2010, 10:33 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do against the Suns. Despite matchup issues Pop proved willing to use him when the Spurs needed some energy against the Mavs and I think that's going to be a constant need against this Suns team.

Cry Havoc
04-30-2010, 10:41 AM
Blair actually matches up pretty well with Amare size wise, even though he will obliterate DeJuan when he gets position in the post. Blair could use his energy off the bench to wear down Amare and push him around a little. Every little bit helps.

DBMethos
04-30-2010, 10:45 AM
I could totally see Blair abusing guys like Frye and Amundson on offense. Only problem would be him having to rotate out on Frye's 3s...in which case he'd probably be better off guarding Amar'e or Lopez on defense. If he does end up guarding Amar'e, foul trouble is obviously a big concern.

Warlord23
04-30-2010, 10:48 AM
Blair will take a dump on that ponytailed faggot that masquerades as a frontcourt player for the Suns. There's not too many matchups in the playoffs where the Spurs will have an advantage in bench bigs, but this is one of them. Blair/Bonner > Ponytail/Frye.

Gooshie
04-30-2010, 10:52 AM
The Suns were 2nd to last in the league in Defensive Rebound Percentage (only Golden State was worse), and offensive rebounds are (of course) what Blair does best, so I too see him having a big series.

It will be good for Timmy to get a little more rest in this series too, so Blair playing well is huge.

DarrinS
04-30-2010, 11:02 AM
Go to http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2010.html

Go to the bottom of the page where it says "Playoffs Advanced" and sort it by PER (player efficiency rating).

Blair is at the top of that list. Also look at his rebounding stats. Dude is a beast.

Don't look at the very bottom of the page where is says "Player salaries". You might get depressed when you see who's at the #2 spot.

DarrinS
04-30-2010, 11:05 AM
Don't look at the very bottom of the page where is says "Player salaries". You might get depressed when you see who's at the #2 spot.

It could be worse

2 Erick Dampier $12,115,500

:lmao

Fabbs
04-30-2010, 11:11 AM
Dejaun deserves to take every minute from Bonner this series without question. If given half the chance he could be every bit as impactful on this series as Hill was against Dallas. Hell he could have played a lot more minutes against Dallas the way he played in the few minutes he was given. It all depends on how much Pop wants to loosen the reigns -or unleash the beast if you will.
Blair looked great almost every minute he was in vs Dallas.
This crap about "he doesn't match up" is only in Popazits stubborn brain.

Plus he did it all while having to play center with Matt Bonner as his PF.
Please.

Put Grizzly Blair in next to Duncan and Dyss or Duncan and Jeff.

Manufan909
04-30-2010, 11:54 AM
Hope sees the light for this series. And doesn't give Blair an automatic disadvantage by playing him with Bonner all the time. Take out Dice early so he can be in with Blair later or something, just don't have the worst defending bigs on the court at the same time, that makes no damn sense.

spursfan1000
04-30-2010, 11:57 AM
I think everyone on the Spurs is going to have a good series.

Spurtacus
04-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Let hope Pop doesn't have his head in the hole and plays Bonner over Blair. Blair will tear the paint up against the Suns. Unleash him!

Libri
04-30-2010, 12:17 PM
Blair's regular season stats against Phoenix:

Games = 3
Min = 15.35
FG = 52%
FT = 54.6%
Reb = 7
Pts = 10.7

Spurologist
04-30-2010, 12:20 PM

No doubt....that's why I actually preferred the matchup with the suns.....Blair will be a beast, Hill/tp will more that match Nash. No one can guard TD or bother him with length. Manu is Manu Ginobili. Amare will get his...just have to keep J-Rich in check = that's the key

Lebowski Brickowski
04-30-2010, 12:25 PM
Blair will get killed in transition. But if he gets 80% of Spurs offensive rebounds, transition d won't be a problem. :)

EmptyMan
04-30-2010, 01:12 PM
Blair better out hustle Amundson.

EmptyMan
04-30-2010, 01:14 PM
Go to http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2010.html

Go to the bottom of the page where it says "Playoffs Advanced" and sort it by PER (player efficiency rating).

Blair is at the top of that list. Also look at his rebounding stats. Dude is a beast.

wow, I had no idea Hairston was ballin' that much. I don't feel sorry for him anymore.