PDA

View Full Version : Allen and Radmanovic DAY to DAY

T Park
05-09-2005, 12:14 AM
ESPN Story (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2005/news/story?id=2056004)

looks like Allen will more than likely play tuesday, he just "tweaked" it.

Radmanovic on the other hand rolled it pretty good stepping on Barry's ankle.

I would say Radman would be ready for game 3, but game 2 could be iffy.

Kori Ellis
05-09-2005, 12:19 AM
McMillan said in the postgame that they were both day-to-day but I think Radmanovic is going to have an MRI. I think Ray is fine.

3rdCoast
05-09-2005, 12:20 AM
I think Ray is fine and I think Rad is gone for the series.

Tek_XX
05-09-2005, 12:21 AM
Did Rad step on barrys ankle or did he just roll it trying to stop himself?

T Park
05-09-2005, 12:22 AM
Ray Allen is fine, like I said before, he was getting his ass kicked, and Bowen was owning him to the point where he took an offensive foul against Bowen.

T Park
05-09-2005, 12:22 AM
he stepped on it and rolled it like that.

I wouldnt doubt if he was out for game 2.

But i would be suprised if he missed more than that.

Ever since Devean George in 03.....

Kori Ellis
05-09-2005, 12:23 AM
Radmanovic looked bad when he went down. I thought maybe he had re-broke his fibula. I'm glad the x-rays were negative.

timvp
05-09-2005, 12:24 AM
Ray doesn't want to do anything to lessen the contract he'll get in the offseason. If he can play the injured card for the entire series, he'll be able to use it in contract negotiations.

2centsworth
05-09-2005, 12:25 AM
Rad didn't look good at all. I was surpised Allen didn't come back in the 2nd half, he looked just fine.

Kori Ellis
Even though Bowen made him look foolish on a couple plays, Ray was 4-for-7 in the first quarter for 8 points. If he just would man up and keep playing instead of getting rattled, he could keep scoring a significant amount of points. You can tell he gets so unnerved by Bowen it's beyond funny.

T Park
Even if the ankle is just a tweak, youd think that would slow him down Just enough.

If Allen is affected at all by this injury, this is a quick and easy sweep.

Mark it down.

PM5K
05-09-2005, 12:26 AM
Rad is done from what I saw on television, Ray just punked out for some reason....

T Park
05-09-2005, 12:27 AM
Ray was 4-for-7 in the first quarter for 8 points

what is funny, only one of those was considered an easy one.

the turnaround bank jumper was a hell of a shot.

Bowen was in his shorts that whole first quarter.

Tek_XX
05-09-2005, 12:28 AM
Bruce is so in Ray rays head. He's always looking at the refs for every little bump

Kori Ellis
05-09-2005, 12:32 AM
what is funny, only one of those was considered an easy one.

Yeah, that easy one wasn't even on Bowen. Bowen had switched and was on Ridnour and three Spurs just Ole'd Ray down the middle and let him score. Bowen came flying in at the last second but it was too late.

That's kind of my point though. Ray still can get his points even though it will be tough with Bowen all over him. But mentally, he just needs to keep going and as Bowen said "Juega Ray" if they are going to win at all.

T Park
05-09-2005, 12:34 AM
If Ray Allen is truthfully injured, and has a sprained ankle, it does nothing but help bowen, who should force Allen to move around alot, and try and pivot off that ankle.

Obstructed_View
05-09-2005, 12:57 AM
I don't think Allen can make those degree-of-difficulty shots through an entire game, and I think he knew that too. He can go back and say, "see, I was on pace to score 35". It's unbelievable to me that he walked off the court without so much as a limp and didn't come back. I guess if you're on the road it's smart. The Sonics only have to win one game in SA for a successful series, and losing by 100 is still only one loss.

warri0r
05-09-2005, 04:04 AM
thugs

mattyc
05-09-2005, 04:13 AM
thugs
Hah..

Horry For 3!
05-09-2005, 04:14 AM
I don't think Radmanovic will be able to play for the rest of the series. Allen should be back Game 2 if not Game 3.

exstatic
05-09-2005, 07:17 AM
he stepped on it and rolled it like that.

I wouldnt doubt if he was out for game 2.

But i would be suprised if he missed more than that.

Ever since Devean George in 03.....

Dude, games 1-3 are in 5 days. That ankle roll was as bad as any I've seen.

duncan2k5
05-09-2005, 07:31 AM
thugs :lol :lol

ManuTastic
05-09-2005, 07:35 AM
Ray doesn't want to do anything to lessen the contract he'll get in the offseason. If he can play the injured card for the entire series, he'll be able to use it in contract negotiations.

How does going out of the playoffs with an injury help him get a better contract? Doesn't it add a 'toughness/age' question mark to him?

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-09-2005, 07:44 AM
I'm with LJ on this one. To me, it looked like Ray just said "fuck it, we're getting our asses kicked, I'm out of here."

It looked to me like Ray Ray quit.

Fouled Out
05-09-2005, 07:48 AM
Say Man a win is a win wether you are there or not, Play or go home they are going to have to adjust. Allen was walking off the court when the half was over and was not even in the locker room after the game. And as for that other freak with a wig Radmanovic, sorry dude just some bad luck, DEAL WITH IT!!!!!

CosmicCowboy
05-09-2005, 07:59 AM
It's all Bowens fault that Ray Ray had to leave the game...If you look at the tape closely his menstrual cramps were the reason he left and the ankle was just an excuse...first thing the trainer did when he got to the locker room was to give him two Midol and put a heating pad on his abdomen...looks like he's out for the series with chronic Bowen pains...:lol

Hook Dem
05-09-2005, 10:31 AM
It's all Bowens fault that Ray Ray had to leave the game...If you look at the tape closely his menstrual cramps were the reason he left and the ankle was just an excuse...first thing the trainer did when he got to the locker room was to give him two Midol and put a heating pad on his abdomen...looks like he's out for the series with chronic Bowen pains...:lol
Don't be so honest Jack!!!! :lol :lol :lol

Solid D
05-09-2005, 10:41 AM
I would seriously doubt it if Ray missed any more time, unless he reinjures the foot. I believe he would have played more if it wasn't a blowout. Down by 30 at one point and by 27 at the half, the decision to stay out and rest the foot was smart in my opinion. I've seen Gino ding his ankle like that several times and he goes out, sometimes gets it retaped, and then plays. I don't see the decision to stop playing as weakness, although it's fun to dog him.

TMSKILZ
05-09-2005, 11:16 AM
sad thing is that you know the remainder of the games the refs re going to be blowing the whistle on Bowen for ticky tack crap, b/c Ray Ray is moaning like a fat chick who just found out that her local store ran out of ding dongs!

grjr
05-09-2005, 12:42 PM
I watched both of the twisted ankle plays numerous times and couldn't see where either of them stepped on someone's foot. I looked particularly close at Ray's because I wanted to see if he had a case if he started whining about it...nope.

It looked like the sides of their shoes had some sort of sticky rubber around the bottom and that's what grabbed the floor and twisted their ankles. I wonder how long they've been wearing that particular shoe.

MiNuS
05-09-2005, 12:48 PM
Allen needs to be more defensive on the court than offensive in front of the mike.

Ray "owned" Allen

Fouled Out
05-09-2005, 12:49 PM
First of all they have to practice walking before they even think of shooting the ball or driving. Both those idiots did It on their own, Allen always full of excuses and the other guy did it on his own.