PDA

View Full Version : Hack-a-Tim ?

lefty
04-30-2010, 08:54 AM
I'm wondering if our next opponents will use that strategy.

As a team, our FT shooting has been so-so, and Timmy made 1 of 7 last night.

1/7, that's not good

If I'm Gentry, I'tell my players to foul him in the 4th quarter.

Please, tell me he will shoot better from now on

TDMVPDPOY
04-30-2010, 09:02 AM
streaky ft shooter, but when his on...unmissable

Avitus1
04-30-2010, 09:06 AM
Timmy has always turned it on against the Suns.

lefty
04-30-2010, 09:07 AM
Well, I'm sure Timmy is not happy about it and will make the necessary adjustments

sa_butta
04-30-2010, 09:07 AM
No matter what when Tim Duncan shoots FT's it makes me nervous. I am never really confident in him knocking em down.

Ryvin1
04-30-2010, 09:08 AM
I don't see the Suns wanting to slow down the temp with constant free throws.

boutons_deux
04-30-2010, 09:11 AM
"our FT shooting has been so-so"

it's been horrible vs Mavs, and dropped off at the end of the season

"Timmy made 1 of 7"

Hack a Shack was justified when he shot 50%. Tim's 14% is crunch time wasted possessions and gold for the other team.

In FT%, Spurs are 15th out of 16 playoff teams, ahead of only the Lakers.

Giving up 10 - 15 missed FTs per game in the playoffs often won by less than 10 points is crippling.

Tim's and Tony's FT misses last night were often not even in the cylinder.

TDMVPDPOY
04-30-2010, 09:24 AM
td should be attackin the rim instead of settling for pussy moves like in the mavs series...no one on the suns can d him or blair

Spur_Fanatic
04-30-2010, 09:25 AM
I don't see the Suns wanting to slow down the temp with constant free throws.

This. If they resorting to Hack-a-Tim in a 4th quarter, means the Spurs are ahead or close enough. If they slow the tempo, Spurs advantage.

EmptyMan
04-30-2010, 09:39 AM
I'm amazed Jim Carey did not do this last night.

Chomag
04-30-2010, 09:44 AM
Pop seems to be about the only coach that loves this tactic right now so I doubt it.

SAGambler
04-30-2010, 10:05 AM
I'm wondering if our next opponents will use that strategy.

As a team, our FT shooting has been so-so, and Timmy made 1 of 7 last night.
1/7, that's not good

If I'm Gentry, I'tell my players to foul him in the 4th quarter.

Please, tell me he will shoot better from now on

Huh? So-So? We left about 15 points on the table because of our piss poor FT shooting. I don't know about Holt, but if I'm paying a guy 20 Mil a year, I would damn sure expect him to hit a fucking FT. They need to start fining players that make big bucks and can't hit a FT to save their fucking lives.
It's ridiculous. What if the Spurs had lost the game by a couple of points after missing all the FTs?

These guys need to be in the gym today, tommorrow and Sunday until they make a 100 straight.

Bartleby
04-30-2010, 10:10 AM
I don't know about Holt, but if I'm paying a guy 20 Mil a year, I would damn sure expect him to hit a fucking FT. They need to start fining players that make big bucks and can't hit a FT to save their fucking lives.

:rolleyes

Maybe Holt can convince Tim to give some of his money back.

spursfaninla
04-30-2010, 10:24 AM
1) I think you can change your free throw stance and technique if you are early on in your career. TD has too many years of imprinting to try to mess with his, and especially at this late hour.

2) TD was making about the league average until a few weeks ago (on the year). It is a little unexpected that he took such a precipitous drop. That is not really a reason to fine someone. It would be if he sucked, he knew he sucked, and he did nothing to fix it. He is below average for his career but not shaq.

And, yes, I was waiting for hack-a-tim. The only reason they did not do it (and that phx will not) is that they can't play in the half court. Otherwise, hacking tim the way he was shooting was required I think. It almost forces us to take him out, messes up our chemistry...

4>0rings
04-30-2010, 11:38 AM
I was thinking Mavs should hack-a-duncan last night but didn't say it out loud for fear of Dallas actually doing it.

CubanMustGo
04-30-2010, 11:49 AM
You noticed at the end Tim didn't touch the ball much ...

When he takes too much time at the line, he misses. Last night he was taking an eternity. Just go up there, shoot the damn thing, and put some arc on it for a change.

spursfan1000
04-30-2010, 11:51 AM
LOL I pray to god that they Hack-a-Tim, Duncan has just been off at FT he will pick it up.

DesignatedT
04-30-2010, 12:26 PM
hope they try it lol

boutons_deux
04-30-2010, 12:37 PM
Tim really doesn't have a clue how to shoot FTs, but it's too late for him to learn anything.

It's really part of his lack of athleticism.

spursfaninla
04-30-2010, 02:02 PM
Tim really doesn't have a clue how to shoot FTs, but it's too late for him to learn anything.

This makes no sense.

FT shooting is 1)mental, and 2) technique. It has little to nothing to do with "athleticism."

shooting a 3pt like Lebron did, like a jump shot instead of over the shoulder? That is athleticism.

slashing/driving: athlete.
jumping/being fast; athlete.
just being stronger: athlete.

Jump shots/ft?? not really. It is learned, technique. That was why Kidd LEARNED it when his ATHLETICISM declined and he needed to score without having to get to the rim on fast breaks.

Muser
04-30-2010, 02:16 PM

No, LeBron is a great athlete and he shoots 0.720, commpare that to Dirk who isn't athletic and he shoots 0.952.

Arrowch4
04-30-2010, 02:24 PM
"The next guy who misses a free throw owes me a new car" : Pop, That was funny

RedRaider
04-30-2010, 02:25 PM
Tim has been bad, but he isn't really historically a TERRIBLE free throw shooter. I bet he improves a bit this series.