PDA

View Full Version : Why did Carlisle take Beaubois out?

Fabbs
04-30-2010, 10:57 AM
Beaubois looked fantastic on many plays. Lot of them the Spurs defense was perfect, he just hit a tough shot. Completely sparked the Mavs.

Even at the end when Carlisle put him late with the score 91-85, looked like he got burned by the refs twice on the same play. Parker grabs his forearm as he drives around, no call. Loses ball to GNobili, who in turn loses it back to Beaubois. As Beaubois is grabbing the ball GNob appears to run right into him. Tweet! Foul on Beaubois. I forgot to extend record time but looked like a burn call.

Anywho, Carlisle sticks with Jet instead. :downspin:
That's like a Pop-FinleyBonner move.

DPG21920
04-30-2010, 11:00 AM
What I don't get is how this coach has the coconuts to bench Caron Butler for an entire half in order to ride the hot hand of JJB, but does not have it when it comes to riding the hot hand of Roddy Buckets?

spursfaninla
04-30-2010, 11:01 AM
roddy saw his first minutes of the playoffs and was hill-like.

It is a judgment call if you stick with a rookie who is hot or go back to your proven vets who are sucking.

He made the wrong decision probably, but I think the spurs figured roddy out anyway, considering how ineffective he was at the end of the game.

Ishta
04-30-2010, 11:01 AM
He took him out because he is an idiot!

dbestpro
04-30-2010, 11:03 AM
Roddy was turning the ball over and was not going to get playoff respect from the refs as a rookie. Carlisle made the right decision. It was Terry who did not step up.

DarrinS
04-30-2010, 11:07 AM
Why did Carlisle do a lot of dumb things in this series? Why does he love Dampier and Barea so much?

PDXSpursFan
04-30-2010, 11:13 AM
roddy was turning the ball over and was not going to get playoff respect from the refs as a rookie. Carlisle made the right decision. It was terry who did not step up.

+1

Spurminator
04-30-2010, 11:14 AM
He needed to rest Roddy at some point but he definitely kept him on the bench too long. Barea would have been a better choice than Terry.

in2deep
04-30-2010, 11:14 AM
Because he knew Pop was gona make the adjustment. Mavs were gona lose anyway though, so I would have stuck with Roddy

Dex
04-30-2010, 11:19 AM
How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?

The world may never know.

Mixability
04-30-2010, 11:42 AM
The spurs adjusted, but still, Roddy deserved some gametime after he brought them back.

TJastal
04-30-2010, 12:32 PM
Beaubois looked fantastic on many plays. Lot of them the Spurs defense was perfect, he just hit a tough shot. Completely sparked the Mavs.

Even at the end when Carlisle put him late with the score 91-85, looked like he got burned by the refs twice on the same play. Parker grabs his forearm as he drives around, no call. Loses ball to GNobili, who in turn loses it back to Beaubois. As Beaubois is grabbing the ball GNob appears to run right into him. Tweet! Foul on Beaubois. I forgot to extend record time but looked like a burn call.

Anywho, Carlisle sticks with Jet instead. :downspin:
That's like a Pop-FinleyBonner move.

That gift from the officials that should have been a foul on Parker and a
no-call on Ginobili pretty much sealed the mavs' doom. What's hilarious are all the spurs fans that are yapping like little poodles in about every thread trying to convince themselves and everyone else that the calls were dead even when a blind man could see they favored San Antonio in most of the games.

spurster
04-30-2010, 01:40 PM
I thought he ran out of gas. What he was doing requires a lot of energy.