PDA

View Full Version : SanAntonio McDyess

Strokin3's
04-30-2010, 12:06 PM
I haven't been able to follow my 2nd favorite team and my favorite to win the NBA Championship due to living in Michigan. How do you fellow Spurs fans feel about SanAntonio McDyess? Is he playing well for you guys? His heart and hustle in Detroit was pheonominal. I pray that he gets a ring before he retires, he definitely is a wonderful human being and class act player!!

Gooshie
04-30-2010, 12:13 PM
I haven't been able to follow my 2nd favorite team and my favorite to win the NBA Championship due to living in Michigan. How do you fellow Spurs fans feel about SanAntonio McDyess? Is he playing well for you guys? His heart and hustle in Detroit was pheonominal. I pray that he gets a ring before he retires, he definitely is a wonderful human being and class act player!!

Antonio has been great. He was for us in this series what Kurt Thomas was for us in the 2008 First Round series vs. Shaq and the Suns. Basically, without him, we don't beat the Mavs.

What I have been most impressed by is his clutch jumpers. I knew he would bring the D, I didn't realize how clutch the guy was. He seems unfazed by the big moment.

bigdog
04-30-2010, 12:15 PM
He played damn well in the first round series against Dallas. It seemed like he was just coasting through the first half of the season, but he's really turned it on lately. He is definitely a class act and even when he's been benched, he's been seen on the bench helping out younger guys like Mahinmi and Blair. Hopefully the Spurs can get him a ring. :toast

vander
04-30-2010, 12:20 PM
he's a much stronger dude than I ever realized, I hope he knocks Stoudemire around like he did Nowitzki

DesignatedT
04-30-2010, 12:21 PM
Dice is my boy!!!!!

Dex
04-30-2010, 12:24 PM
Dice cannot be praised enough for his hard work during this series. He was the only player that even seemed to have a semblance of bothering Dirk, and he was doing the little things throughout the entire series. That midrange jumpshot was also a deadly weapon in a few of those victories.

Glad to see what the guy is finally capable of. He's earning that paycheck now. Needs to keep it up (although I fear the next series against the Suns limits his effectiveness).

TampaDude
04-30-2010, 12:26 PM

Back at ya...The Pistons have been my second favorite team over the years...tough, defensive minded, well coached. That 2005 Finals was EPIC. We'll do our best to get Dice a ring this year. :toast

Dice
04-30-2010, 01:08 PM
I'm still waiting on all the guys who said he was too old and broken down to give their take on how he's played. I'm looking for a few particular names that have bad mouthed him all season and so far, none of them are saying anything.

1. It took McDyess a looong time to "get it" on the defensive rotations.
2. Because of that, his limited minutes through the regular season slowed his normal "after the All-star" boost in performance (I blame McDyess for this though).
3. The Spurs are now getting exactly what they expected of him plus more.

I'm excited about these playoffs but I'm also excited just to see how this team does next year now that they've had a season together.

sa_butta
04-30-2010, 01:13 PM
Mcdefense as I heard him called this morning has been a pleasant surprise for the playoffs. He was pretty quiet on both ends during the season but has emerged with a mid-range jumper and I thought he did a stellar job on Dirk in the Mavs series.

SenorSpur
04-30-2010, 01:15 PM
I've been a tad critical of Dice during the season, and his less-than mediocre play certainly warranted it. However, he came on stronger toward the very end of the season and he's been huge in the playoffs. That elbow jumper is now automatic, once again, and more importantly he's provided tough, physical defense and rebounding in the Mavs series. It took a while, but he's certainly lived up to his advance billing.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-30-2010, 01:20 PM
Dirk had to work as hard as ever against the Spurs. Part of that is because of Spurs schemes and other Mavs failing to get going, but there's no denying the impact that McDyess had on this series on both ends of the floor. I don't know if I could ever write a word perfect definition of "Spurs basketball" but Antonio was playing against the Mavs.

Brox6
04-30-2010, 01:41 PM
Dice came in the picture in perfect time..

spursfan1000
04-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Antonio is a perfect player for the Spurs, he will no doubt get a ring this year.

KaiRMD1
04-30-2010, 02:00 PM
I'm just happy for Dice because of the way his career panned out with all them injuries. Dude has come up so well for us with his defense.

nkdlunch
04-30-2010, 02:01 PM
Dyce bring in the most important factor. Hunger for a ring.

By watching him play, you know he wants only 1 thing in the world right now, get a ring. The rest of the team just follows his lead.